Favorite Voice Actor and Actress

Pages PREV 1 2

Top five, I would say Shiraishi Ryoko, Sawashiro Miyuki, Sugita Tomokazu, Hanazawa Kana, Rie Kugimiya, and Itou Shizuka. That's six, you might say. Well, shut up.

Now for names you guys might actually recognize:
Yuri Lowenthal (he's in almost everything, so he brings a sense of familiarity) and
Hynden Walch. Also I'm amazed no one's mentioned Dee Bradley Baker.

Wow... nobody has mentioned Jim Cummings yet? Yeah. Jim Cummings. How can you argue with Minsc, Don Karnage and Darkwing Duck?

As for female... Tress MacNeille. The great voice of Mom, etc. from Futurama and countless other things.

ChupathingyX:

Jonluw:
SNIP

You didn't show how awesomely hammy Norio Wakamoto can be!

sneep

Psssh, hamminess.
I'll give you awesomeness instead:

Jonluw:

ChupathingyX:

Jonluw:
SNIP

You didn't show how awesomely hammy Norio Wakamoto can be!

sneep

Psssh, hamminess.
I'll give you awesomeness instead:
snip

Norio Wakamoto voicing...a motorcycle?

Well, my life is now complete.

Daystar Clarion:
Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale.

Steve Blum's voice is like listening to cigarette smoke dance tentatively across a silken scarf.

Jennifer Hale is just...

Well she's just awesome.

I'm going to second this.

There is just a quality to Steve Blum's voice that speaks volumes in only a few words.

Jennifer Hale had better be good. She's in just about everything. Her IMDB page is longer than frigging movie script. If nothing else her experience makes her good. The fact that she is hired that much...pretty much says it all.

Paladin2905:
Wow... nobody has mentioned Jim Cummings yet? Yeah. Jim Cummings. How can you argue with Minsc, Don Karnage and Darkwing Duck?

It would be remiss of me not to mention Jim Cummings, and the late great Tony Jay for that matter. Both are awesome and for similar reasons. They truly excel at the whole smug snake thing.

I just think Steve Blum is a little more versatile.

ChupathingyX:
*sigh* Why doesn't Mel Blanc ever get any acknowledgement?

They didn't call him "The man of a Thousand Voices" for nothing.

I was between Kevin Conroy and Steve Blum until you said that. There will never be another Mel Blanc.

Female: Dana Delaney. I was captivated by her voice in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Paladin2905:

Holy crap, how could I forget Jim Cummings!?

Not only is he a fantastic voice actor with great vocal range, but he has awesome singing skills!

Male: Nolan North. I fucking love deadpool, what can I say?

Female: Jennifer Hale. Just Because.

For Actresses, I can't decide between Tara Strong and Tabitha St.Germain.
Tara, simply because her twitter is hilarious and also she was in the majority of shows I watched when I was younger.
Tabitha, because she's just amazing. Seriously, she's one of the most talented actresses in the business, in my opinion.

Billy motherfucking West. Maurice LaMarche.

I can't think of a voice actress who comes across as equivalent versatile as West - maybe Jennifer Hale/Kath Soucie/Tress MacNeille.

Male: Steve Blum, Scott Menville, Johnny Yong Bosch, Keith David, Mark Hamill, Crispin Freeman, Yuri Lowenthal, Kevin Conroy, Greg Cipes, John DiMaggio, Dante Basco, Tom Kenny, Billy West, Jim Cummings, Mel Blanc

Female: Jennifer Hale, Tara Strong, Kari Whalgren, Tess MacNeille, Hynden Walch, Mae Whitman, Tabitha St. Germaine, Ashley Johnson, Kath Soucie, Laura Bailey

Yeah... I kinda have a lot of them... ^_^;

Daystar Clarion:
Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale.

Steve Blum's voice is like listening to cigarette smoke dance tentatively across a silken scarf.

Jennifer Hale is just...

Well she's just awesome.

Could not have said it better myself.

Only recently found out who Jennifer was, saw her character in the Diablo 3 Beta videos and instantly recognised her as Sheena from Tales of Symphonia.
A quck wiki made me realise she has voiced tonnes of characters that I love T,T

Looking forward to playing a Sylvari Female in Guild Wars 2 because of her </3

I actually have two favorite voice actors...The first is Jim Cummings and need I say why?

The second is Johnny Bosch. Why?

As for female...that's tough to say. I'd have to say probably Arleen Sorkin. Who you may ask...?

She's just so lovable...And I find Boston Accents a slight bit on the annoying side.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here