Favourite side character from MLP

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So bronies, what do you guys think is the best side character from Friendship is Magic? They can be anypony who isn't part of the mane 6 or the CMC, or is Spike. Seeing as we haven't ever had a pony thread talking about the actual show, I thought I might as well let bronies crawl out of their user group holes and discuss!

Personally I find the best side characters (Since they're a near identical pair, I'm allowing this) to be the Flim Flam brothers. I dunno why, but I really like their thick accents and AWESOME song.

Trixie is best side pony, and needs my cuddles.

demoman_chaos:

Personally I don't get the love for Trixie. She's funny, but really all she did was show off. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

ToastiestZombie:

demoman_chaos:

Personally I don't get the love for Trixie. She's funny, but really all she did was show off. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

She shows off because she feels the need for acceptance, something I will gladly give her via the medium of cuddles.

demoman_chaos:

ToastiestZombie:

demoman_chaos:

She shows off because she feels the need for acceptance, something I will gladly give her via the medium of cuddles.

Well, cuddles are an amazing medium for happiness.

Also, this was nice. I have a gut feeling that this thread won't get any more posts, so thanks for a nice short thread about ponies! Weird, seems the Escapist just doesn't want to have a nice and calm discussion about a show.

ToastiestZombie:
-post-

A show I am looking into a bit too much, but who cares.
I am surprised I didn't pick Cheerilee, after all...
<----------

Hmm...side ponies? At the risk of sounding a bit predictable, I'd say Derpy Hooves. I'm rewatching the episodes currently and while doing so was looking out for Derpy's tell-tale coat and mane. I did keep spotting them, but realised after a bit that I was missing her classic eyes, then I got to one particular episode (I think it was Feeling Pinkie Keen, not sure) where her eyes were shown straight on and I just sat there grinning like an idiot for no reason I could determine. So yeah, Derpy is definitely one of my favourites.

Are we allowed to pick the Princesses? You didn't say anything about them, if so:

Princess Luna. /thread

Err FYI we as in the some of MLP:FiM Group members do like to keep pony related topic within the usergroup... (shrug). We get not everyone like the show nor should we annoyed them with having a pony thread popping up on here.

Anyway I favourite side character would be Fancypants since Derpy would be count as Background. Fancypants is a rich colt however he still see the positive of another pony regardless of his/ her background so I got some respect for him and his attitude.

Scarim Coral:
Err FYI we as in the some of MLP:FiM Group members do like to keep pony related topic within the usergroup... (shrug).

It's in the off-topic, people actually have to make an effort to come here and it's not breaking any rules (as far as I'm aware). Even if this ends up in the topic box, you still have to actually "click" on it. Anyone coming here and complaining about it is just being a bit of a tool really.

My two bits on that subject.

Scarim Coral:
Err FYI we as in the some of MLP:FiM Group members do like to keep pony related topic within the usergroup... (shrug). We get not everyone like the show nor should we annoyed them with having a pony thread popping up on here.

Anyway I favourite side character would be Fancypants since Derpy would be count as Background. Fancypants is a rich colt however he still see the positive of another pony regardless of his/ her background so I got some respect for him and his attitude.

I'm not going to respond to any rebuttals to this, so don't bother quoting.
Why should we have to keep all our discussion in the overcrowded, incredibly fast and sometimes terribly slow user group? Because it'll annoy a few people who already hate bronies enough that the mere existance of a pony thread fills them with rage? I don't think that's a valid reason to keep all our discussion in the crap for discussion user groups.

Gahhh... can't decide, so I'll cheat and say two.

My favourite female side character is Spitfire, who is awesome enough to be captain of the Wonderbolts, and yet down-to-earth enough to not be aloof when she comes across Rainbow Dash in the Gala and Hurricane Fluttershy episodes.

And my favourite male character is Fancypants, who is an absolute boss. As Scarim up there said, he's living in the lap of luxury, an incredibly wealthy fellow, yet unlike many of the socialites around him, he manages to be a decent chap who doesn't judge people on their backgrounds or monetary worth.

Vinyl Scratch and Queen Chrysalis.

Why?
Because they're Vinyl Scratch and Queen Chrysalis!

Zecora. She's a different, mystical zebra who speaks in rhymes and could easily be an antagonist, but she's really a good-tempered character. Love Zecora, I'm happy she's recurring.

Well, Derpy aside, I'd have to pick either:

Big Macintosh. Because he's a big, hard-working colt of few words. I like the cut of his jib.

or

Shining Armor. Mostly because the relationship he has with Twilight is strikingly similar to the relationship I have with MY younger sister. She's currently living in another state right now, going to college. I actually showed her the BBBFF song through Facebook... and her response was to call me an asshole because it made her start tearing up.

...I miss her.

DERPY!

shes adorkable and because the fandom created her makes her 20% cooler than other side ponys

second place is a tie between zecora and pound cake and pumpkin cake I hope to see more of them in season 3

Loop Stricken:

Why?

does chrysalis even count as a pony? I think changelings although pony shaped are a different species and not ponies

Derpy Hooves, without a doubt.

I just want to give her a big, derpy hug.

Bonbon, just because of this youtube comment:
(paraphrased)
"Ok, which intern wants to voice Bonbon in this episode?"

Derpy, obviously. I also like Zecora, Doctor Whooves (and just not for the Doctor Who reference... I am such a nerd)... and the Princesses, of course (plus Cadence, and Shining Armor as well).

chickenhound:

Loop Stricken:

Why?

does chrysalis even count as a pony? I think changelings although pony shaped are a different species and not ponies

ToastiestZombie:
I'm not going to respond to any rebuttals to this, so don't bother quoting.

If it works for him...

Derpy, it takes a lot of balls to make a character like that these days. Just a shame they had to tone her down after The Hub got all the complaints from actually retarded parents.

Derpy Hooves. What began as a lighthearted animator's prank has turned into the ultimate shout-out to fans. She's the "Where's Waldo/Wally" of Equestria, bringing joy to those that look for her in the crowd.

Hasbro's even made an official toy of the character (complete with crossed eyes!). That's the power of Derpy.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8ZYj9VYvni

Honorable mention goes to Discord (voiced by the talented and entertaining John de Lancie), with the Flim Flam brothers taking third.

Captcha: "since when"
Did you even read the article, captcha?

<--- Do you have to ask? lol

Also my capcha says "science project"

Link to Crackle-isciousness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIdeNhCpJWc

ToastiestZombie:

demoman_chaos:

ToastiestZombie:

Well, cuddles are an amazing medium for happiness.

Also, this was nice. I have a gut feeling that this thread won't get any more posts, so thanks for a nice short thread about ponies! Weird, seems the Escapist just doesn't want to have a nice and calm discussion about a show.

I, myself, never got all the hate for Trixie.

Scarim Coral:

So... is there a Mass Effect 3 Endings Complaints chat group, too?

Leemaster777:
Shining Armor. Mostly because the relationship he has with Twilight is strikingly similar to the relationship I have with MY younger sister. She's currently living in another state right now, going to college. I actually showed her the BBBFF song through Facebook... and her response was to call me an asshole because it made her start tearing up.

...I miss her.

That... is simply awesome. I have a little sister who has been adoring My Little Pony, even before FiM came along, and it skyrocketed when she saw the show. She pretty much gushes over "BBBFF", and always loves seeing it with me.

chickenhound:

Off-topic Discussion: Favorite side character from MLP

Now... I really couldn't say. Derpy Hooves means so much, Doctor Whooves is, like, the ultimate pony, Luna is my favorite princess... I just couldn't say for certain.

Doctor Whooves for sure. Trixie is pretty cool to. If villains count then Discord as well.

My Favourite side character would have to be Gilda.

Doctor Whooves.

Can't go wrong with My Little Time Lord.

Derpy Hooves. She is just so loveable, how coudl anyone NOT like her?

After her has to be Zecora, she's exotic, knowledgeable, and just plain awesome!

Also, she communicates through rhyme and verse!
That takes mcuh skill, and is not a curse!
To talk in rhyme is no small feat; its is a talent that can't be beat!

Yea, that's it for me. Imagine trying to talk like that all the time. People would at least think about what they say a tad more though, so maybe there is something to that idea.

I'm gonna go with Zecora. She tends to be pretty entertaining and has some good lines like "you will make my anger explode" my friend has told people that when he does boxing.

While I can't say which one is the best side pony, I can tell you my favorite side pony is without a doubt Derpy Hooves, can't tell you how wild I got when she talked for the first time. :D

Vinyl Scratch comes in at 2nd place for me. Something about that mane and shades that makes her an interesting character. Hopefully she'll provide some music for Pinkie's parties in season 3!

I realize this puts me firmly in the minority of the fandom, but I've always been fond of Celestia. A wise, powerful, benevolent ruler? What's not to like?

Obligatory link to the Escapist MLP user group:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend that anyone who joins uncheck "chat notifications" when prompted as group chat tends to be quite active.

Lugbzurg:

I, myself, never got all the hate for Trixie.

I wouldn't say I "hate" her, but I find her annoying. She reminds me too much of a few selfish, prima donna female classmates that I knew back in high school. Insufferable as hell.

Aidinthel:
I realize this puts me firmly in the minority of the fandom, I've always been fond of Celestia. A wise, powerful, benevolent ruler? What's not to like?

I have to agree. I never really bought the "Princess Trollestia" persona that some fans have bestowed upon her. An occasional joke or two to lighten the mood doesn't mean she's out to prank everyone.

I love me some Lyra. She always has the best facial expressions. And she wants to be a human. I think I liked it better when she didn't talk though.

My favorite would have to be Octavia. Classiest musician in all of Equestria. It's a shame she doesn't get many opportunities for screentime, though.

>.>
really? you have to ask?

Princess Luna, also, my favorite pony over all, donno why exactly, she just is
also fond of
Cadence
Celestia
and
Zecora

Doctor Whooves.

As you can tell from my avatar.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread