What is the worst cross over ideas ever?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What do you think would be the worst crossover ideas ever?

Here are some actual comic book crossovers which where horrific

In No particular order.

Archie meets the Punisher
Jesus vs. Zeus
The X-Men And Star Trek
Marvel Comics and the Soap Opera Guiding Light
Super Man and well Anyone (Google it)
Batman/Spawn

Anything with 40k. Anything at all. It simply won't ever work.

darksakul:
Jesus vs. Zeus

I am thoroughly intrigued.

Revnak:

darksakul:
Jesus vs. Zeus

I am thoroughly intrigued.

They've got a comic for that :P

http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.com/2011/04/godyssey-1.html

darksakul:

Jesus vs. Zeus

You have to explain to me why this is a bad thing.

Lovecraft meets MLP, the ponies teach Cthulu about the meaning of friendship.

Charlie Sheen has to take over for Super Man for a day, powers and all.

Robin Williams playing as a demented mass murderer with the scream guy. Actually, that would make sense. He creeps me out.

Honestly...I'm game for anything. I don't think there is a cross-over that couldn't work. That being said though, I have a few that could easily failed if done by the wrong people such as...

Transformers and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Mr. T and King Hippo
Jesus Christ and Michael Moore
Lewis Black and Pauly Shore
Edward and, Bella go to the Jersey Shore
Chris Tucker...and just about anyone

Well I remember that Power Rangers cross over with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (The Next Mutation) and there was also that Power Ranger cross over with Masked Rider aka Kamen Rider. The reason why I think those two cross overs were bad since they neve utalize both characters potientals.

Celine Dion singing AC/DC?

Arm fall off boy vs. Burnt face man
Teletubbies vs. The Watchmen
My Little Pony & CSI

I guess MLP meets Portal but that's only because the idea is too good to pass up.

All crossover read like bad ideas on paper. Making a Batman/Spawn crossover is as much of a bad idea as a Star Trek/ Back to the Future crossover. What makes things like this work are writers that can do something with the dumb concept and make it work. IDW's is doing a Doctor Who/ Star Trek: the Next Generation crossover as we speak. This sounds terrible, but it can work.

DC's New 52 reads mostly like "what if you cross over the DC Comics with Image Comics?" What you get turns out to be the grimdark version of the Amalgam universe. That fundamentally alters the universe because means there are very few good guys in the universe. Granted some of the heroes still do things because its the right thing to do, but that also means that a lot of people do things because no one else can.

Revnak:

I know Fanfics won't count, but there's an Evangelion 40K crossover which is a lot better than it has any right to be.

I nominate Final Fantasy and Call of Duty, along with Harvest Moon with Mortal Kombat. Because I don't know if those would be terrible crossovers or awesome crossovers.

darksakul:
Jesus vs. Zeus

Zeus: "Ha, eat lightning, boy!"
Jesus: "You may have control over electricity, but I have control over water!" *turns the water in Zeus's body to wine*
Zeus: "Yoush theenk th'a c'n shtop mee? Ah, bro? C'mere!" *shoots lightning at random other people and then vomits*

darksakul:
Batman/Spawn

So, too much badassery? Yeah, I don't think the world is ready for it. That's probably why the comic sucked.

OT: Harry Potter meets Harry Dresden. How lame would that be?

The Simpsons and Family Guy Do America

Three really bad shows.

MLP + anything.

Fortunately we have an entire league of bronies with a nothing is holy approach ready to do elaborate crossovers. Meh.

Final Fantasy and Disney. I don't dislike either of them, I just really don't think they belong together.

I know what the BEST and MOST RIDICULOUS crossover would be:

The Monopoly guy takes over Candyland, in a dark gritty reboot directed by Tim Burton! Small children must face both the evil licorice vampire guy and the depressing reality of capitalism in their quest to return Candyland to rule under its old Monarchy and save the little girl with the lollipop forest thing.

teqrevisited:
Final Fantasy and Disney. I don't dislike either of them, I just really don't think they belong together.

Inb4 Kingdom Heart fanboys pounce on you.

OT I'd say Beast Wars and Transformers. I know they're in the same universe, but Beast Wars is superior in every way. Would Optimus Primal be impressed with Prime's cheesy speeches? Fuck no.

Aliens and Predators. I Love Aliens, and I love Predators... but everyone who has every brought them together, bar AvP games (not the recent one) has laughed in the face of the lore. In fact, they laughed so hard, they created a lore of their own.

And that lore is fucking retarded.

Can't wait to see Prometheus to see how Scots reverse continuity works out. I liked Predators evolution of the Predator Lore... but the AVP films were just painful, either making Predators too wussy or completely ignoring established Alien biology.

EDIT: And don't get me started on the Comics. Those things were just horrid... like piss poor fan fiction with a small budget behind it.

Mass Effect X Higurashi No Naku Kuro Ni. You may want to /thread now rather than later XD

I had a rather disturbing dream about this actually... Y'know when you're just dozing around waking up every half an hour then immediately going back to sleep? That's when the half an hour at a time weird as shit dreams happen to me XP

StarCraft + The Elder Scrolls.
That'd su... wait, that's amazing.
I want that now.

Alisbet:
I guess MLP meets Portal but that's only because the idea is too good to pass up.

You mean like...

THIS:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
MLP + anything.

Fortunately we have an entire league of bronies with a nothing is holy approach ready to do elaborate crossovers. Meh.

When told about a Fallout/MLP fan fic that's supposedly very good, my response was this:

Not knocking your fandom, or anything but that pony fan fiction sort of thing doesn't seem like it's at all important.

I mean, you say it's a good story and whatnot, but how is it necessarily improved by the ponies? It seems like it would be equally as good, if not better, if it were just the fallout universe. Things aren't necessarily better for being run through a "pony filter".

He still hasn't gotten back to me.

The X-Files and Pokemon.
No no no no no no no no no no!

Binnsyboy:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
MLP + anything.

When told about a Fallout/MLP fan fic that's supposedly very good, my response was this:

Not knocking your fandom, or anything but that pony fan fiction sort of thing doesn't seem like it's at all important.

I mean, you say it's a good story and whatnot, but how is it necessarily improved by the ponies? It seems like it would be equally as good, if not better, if it were just the fallout universe. Things aren't necessarily better for being run through a "pony filter".

But really, there are two sorts of crossovers: The ones where the characters from one series end up in another thing, and ones where they take a certain thing and make a whole new world with new lore that's loosely based on another thing. Crossovers are fine to be honest, because really if you don't like em' you should just stay the fuck away from them. Not go on about how your thing's been "corrupted" or "ruined", because that just makes you seem like a person who doesn't want people to do what they want.

Like, Fallout Equestria is probably the only one that I've seen mentioned a lot. Any other MLP crossover you have to find to see, so if you don't want to see them just don't get on any pony fanfiction websites!

Binnsyboy:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
MLP + anything.

Mmmmh.

I still don't understand the average bronies need to add MLP to absolutely anything and everything. Theres videos on youtube of anime with ponies shoddily put over all the main characters. There Harry Potter and Fallout fanfics with ponies thrown in. Theres a MLP mod for Skyrim. Someone even shopped a pony into a picture of Auschwitz, for fucks sake.

I'd like to know whats behind it but I only have one option: ask the bronies themselves, and we all know how bronies react to questions.

ToastiestZombie:

Binnsyboy:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
MLP + anything.

But really, there are two sorts of crossovers: The ones where the characters from one series end up in another thing, and ones where they take a certain thing and make a whole new world with new lore that's loosely based on another thing. Crossovers are fine to be honest, because really if you don't like em' you should just stay the fuck away from them. Not go on about how your thing's been "corrupted" or "ruined", because that just makes you seem like a person who doesn't want people to do what they want.

Oh boy, here we go.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Binnsyboy:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
MLP + anything.

Mmmmh.

I still don't understand the average bronies need to add MLP to absolutely anything and everything. Theres videos on youtube of anime with ponies shoddily put over all the main characters. There Harry Potter and Fallout fanfics with ponies thrown in. Theres a MLP mod for Skyrim. Someone even shopped a pony into a picture of Auschwitz, for fucks sake.

I'd like to know whats behind it but I only have one option: ask the bronies themselves, and we all know how bronies react to questions.

I think we do it for a few reasons: because we LOVE both shows and want to see them together for the novelty value, or because we just want to see our favourite characters doing something weird and different, or because the author just wants to fill some sort of fantasy or because we just feel like it. Also, about the auschwitz photo, only ONE guy made those photos and really he was trying to be serious and take respect to the holocaust, instead of doing it for teh lulz like in this picture:

I don't hate all Bear Grylls fans because of that, even though it's making fun of one of the most horrific things in history by adding a completely phony TV "survivalist" in it because "lol teh holocaust waz hard to liv through!". I just get a bit offended, and move on. Haven't you ever seen that "offended" video? The one with the comedian that says that when you're offended nothing "happens" and nothings "changed".

ToastiestZombie:

Binnsyboy:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
MLP + anything.

Like, Fallout Equestria is probably the only one that I've seen mentioned a lot. Any other MLP crossover you have to find to see, so if you don't want to see them just don't get on any pony fanfiction websites!

I was asking a question. When did I say I had a problem with them, or that they were ruining franchises? Conjecture is an ugly thing, mate.

MLP meets the Mongol hoard and are eaten/ ridden upon. MLP meets the Nazi war machine and are conscripted into being used as beasts of burden. They all die in the retreat from Russia

Monopoly man meets Karl Marx

Pokemon meets Micheal Vick

Binnsyboy:

ToastiestZombie:

Binnsyboy:

I was asking a question. When did I say I had a problem with them, or that they were ruining franchises? Conjecture is an ugly thing, mate.

Sorry, just I always just assume that everyone who wonders this are the type of people that think if a person wants to show their love for two different shows by making a crossover the show in question is "ruined" and "corrupted". But I answered your question, didn't I?

I once got a request to draw an MLP and Warhammer 40k crossover.

TheRussian:
I once got a request to draw an MLP and Warhammer 40k crossover.

Already done, multiple times in fact. Here's just one example:

BringBackBuck:
Celine Dion singing AC/DC?

It's a good thing I had queen already in my youtube tab to clear that abomination from my head.

370999:

Monopoly man meets Karl Marx

Monopoly man would beat the shit out of Marx with his cane and then use his monocle on a sunny day to set Marx's beard on fire.

ToastiestZombie:
Also, about the auschwitz photo, only ONE guy made those photos and really he was trying to be serious and take respect to the holocaust,

If I shit on a baby and say I'm doing it to raise awareness for breast cancer, I'm still shitting on a baby.

ToastiestZombie:
I just get a bit offended, and move on. Haven't you ever seen that "offended" video? The one with the comedian that says that when you're offended nothing "happens" and nothings "changed".

I'm not offended, (seriously, dafuq? why would I be offended?) I just think adding MLP to everything is bloody pointless. "Because we just feel like it" leaves me just as clueless as before, it's not really an explanation.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked