What is the worst cross over ideas ever?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Seriously though, WTF is this bullshit?

It should be a crime to cross Vegeta with a pony!

ToastiestZombie:

Binnsyboy:

ToastiestZombie:

But really, there are two sorts of crossovers: The ones where the characters from one series end up in another thing, and ones where they take a certain thing and make a whole new world with new lore that's loosely based on another thing. Crossovers are fine to be honest, because really if you don't like em' you should just stay the fuck away from them. Not go on about how your thing's been "corrupted" or "ruined", because that just makes you seem like a person who doesn't want people to do what they want.

Like, Fallout Equestria is probably the only one that I've seen mentioned a lot. Any other MLP crossover you have to find to see, so if you don't want to see them just don't get on any pony fanfiction websites!

I was asking a question. When did I say I had a problem with them, or that they were ruining franchises? Conjecture is an ugly thing, mate.

Sorry, just I always just assume that everyone who wonders this are the type of people that think if a person wants to show their love for two different shows by making a crossover the show in question is "ruined" and "corrupted". But I answered your question, didn't I?

Yes, you did. Though to be honest, I think it's that overtly hostile reaction (which seems to go against the whole "love & tolerate" thing you perpetuate) that actually causes a lot of the derision your fandom receives. Other causes being things like how certain bronies treat it as more important than it really is (e.g. those pictures and posts people have made comparing the brony discrimination to gay rights, the suffragettes movements, or Martin Luther King). I'd say it's a fandom like any other which means people have just as much right to follow it as others do things like fallout, or anime. Equally though, it does mean that like any other fandom, it's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

TL; DR:, like anything else, MLP isn't that important and I think you'll feel less segregated when you stop expecting to be vilified. Kind of like those finger trap things where you only get out of them by relaxing.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

ToastiestZombie:
Also, about the auschwitz photo, only ONE guy made those photos and really he was trying to be serious and take respect to the holocaust,

If I shit on a baby and say I'm doing it to raise awareness for breast cancer, I'm still shitting on a baby.

ToastiestZombie:
I just get a bit offended, and move on. Haven't you ever seen that "offended" video? The one with the comedian that says that when you're offended nothing "happens" and nothings "changed".

I'm not offended, (seriously, dafuq? why would I be offended?) I just think adding MLP to everything is bloody pointless. "Because we just feel like it" leaves me just as clueless as before, it's not really an explanation.

I think, in the pony fanfiction circles. It's because of these reasons:
.Writing crossovers is easier, seeing as you can just add in a random thing and ignore making an original story
.Crossovers are generally known to be more popular on sites like FiMFiction, even if they're worse than other fics
.They like both shows and want to cross them over for a bit of novelty

And to be honest, a LOT of pony crossover fanfics are shit as shit can be, the only really decent one I can think off is Fallout: Equestria and that's only really a crossover in name and a few scenarios.

As for drawings, I guess it's because it's much easier to make an original pony that looks like a character because ponies all use the same basic template, all you have to do is add details to make it different. I've done a few crossover drawings, my best one being the Walking Dead. I didn't do it because I wanted to "ruin" anything, I did it because I love both shows and I want to cross em' over because I want to.

Binnsyboy:

ToastiestZombie:

Binnsyboy:

I was asking a question. When did I say I had a problem with them, or that they were ruining franchises? Conjecture is an ugly thing, mate.

Sorry, just I always just assume that everyone who wonders this are the type of people that think if a person wants to show their love for two different shows by making a crossover the show in question is "ruined" and "corrupted". But I answered your question, didn't I?

Yes, you did. Though to be honest, I think it's that overtly hostile reaction (which seems to go against the whole "love & tolerate" thing you perpetuate) that actually causes a lot of the derision your fandom receives. Other causes being things like how certain bronies treat it as more important than it really is (e.g. those pictures and posts people have made comparing the brony discrimination to gay rights, the suffragettes movements, or Martin Luther King). I'd say it's a fandom like any other which means people have just as much right to follow it as others do things like fallout, or anime. Equally though, it does mean that like any other fandom, it's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

TL; DR:, like anything else, MLP isn't that important and I think you'll feel less segregated when you stop expecting to be vilified. Kind of like those finger trap things where you only get out of them by relaxing.

Yep, I know it's not important at all. I hate the people who do that sort of shit as much as you. I also absolutely loath people who think that you need to have a big "coming out" thing about being a brony. They think people actually give as much of a fuck about their friend/child liking a show as them turning out to be gay. All they need to do is say "Hey, here's a fun fact. I watch MLP and enjoy it" whilst having a casual conversation about weird fun facts about themselves. Not get their parents to sit down, get a cup of tea and brace themselves. Also, love and tolerate is a rule I don't follow seeing as it's a stupid rule made by stupid bronies when it's NEVER been said in the show.

But yeah, I'm a bit hostile in forums because well, that's the way I am. Not anything to do with me being a brony. Also, it's just that most people I see who don't like MLP crossovers just seem to have their argument as "WAAAH THEY PUT SOMETHING I LIKE INTO SOMETHING I DONT LIKE IT'S NOW RUINED WAAAHHH", when they can just move along and go enjoy whatever thing they like. Here's a good example:

Hazy992:

He can just move along, like I do with any crossover I personally don't like.

ToastiestZombie:
.Writing crossovers is easier, seeing as you can just add in a random thing and ignore making an original story
.Crossovers are generally known to be more popular on sites like FiMFiction, even if they're worse than other fics

And to be honest, a LOT of pony crossover fanfics are shit as shit can be, the only really decent one I can think off is Fallout: Equestria and that's only really a crossover in name and a few scenarios.

As for drawings, I guess it's because it's much easier to make an original pony that looks like a character because ponies all use the same basic template, all you have to do is add details to make it different. I've done a few crossover drawings, my best one being the Walking Dead. I didn't do it because I wanted to "ruin" anything, I did it because I love both shows and I want to cross em' over because I want to.

Meh. I give up, I guess I will never really get it. No wonder really, since I don't like MLP.

It's just weird because you don't see anyone shopping Ned Stark into a Breaking Bad scene.

But you know. Nothings really hurting me so it's all good.

ToastiestZombie:
But yeah, I'm a bit hostile in forums because well, that's the way I am. Not anything to do with me being a brony. Also, it's just that most people I see who don't like MLP crossovers just seem to have their argument as "WAAAH THEY PUT SOMETHING I LIKE INTO SOMETHING I DONT LIKE IT'S NOW RUINED WAAAHHH", when they can just move along and go enjoy whatever thing they like. Here's a good example:

Hazy992:

It's called a joke. Calm the fuck down and stop getting your knickers in a twist over nothing

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

ToastiestZombie:

Meh. I give up, I guess I will never really get it. No wonder really, since I don't like MLP.

It's just weird because you don't see anyone shopping Ned Stark into a Breaking Bad scene.

But you know. Nothings really hurting me so it's all good.

Exactly, this guy gets it! And to be honest, it'll require a person much more intelligent than me or you to work out the conundrum of pony crossovers. It's one of life's mysteries, so might as well go along with it. Hating pony crossovers because you don't get them is like hating magic tricks because you don't get how they're done. It's just unneeded nonsense, and I reckon everyone would be better off if we just left the issue alone. And personally, I really don't like it when someone makes some sort of "anime" version of a western show, but I've never went into an anime crossover thread and shouted at someone to stop doing it. Life's too short to get people to stop doing things you don't personally like or understand.

Hazy992:

ToastiestZombie:

Hazy992:

It's called a joke. Calm the fuck down and stop getting your knickers in a twist over nothing

Well, it's not a very funny joke. Saying it's a joke doesn't make it a joke:

If you said "I reckon all people who like men should be taken round the back of a dirty shed and shot" to a gay person, then after he's beaten you up you shout out "IT WAS A JOKE CALM DOWN!" it doesn't make it a joke. For a less extreme example, saying "I've never liked video games and I think it's a crime to play them" in E3, then shouting "IT WAS A JOKE CALM DOWN" after someone's told you to get out does not make it a joke.

Ewoks vs Starship Troopers

OH, WAIT...

(I feel bad for the troopers.)

justin bieber singing eminem... it happend.

to protect you from not blowing your brains out, i won't include a link

ToastiestZombie:

Hazy992:

ToastiestZombie:

If you said "I reckon all people who like men should be taken round the back of a dirty shed and shot" to a gay person, then after he's beaten you up you shout out "IT WAS A JOKE CALM DOWN!" it doesn't make it a joke. For a less extreme example, saying "I've never liked video games and I think it's a crime to play them" in E3, then shouting "IT WAS A JOKE CALM DOWN" after someone's told you to get out does not make it a joke.

Whether you find it or funny or not is irrelevant to the fact that I was clearly joking. Someone doesn't understand hyperbole it seems

Hazy992:

ToastiestZombie:

Hazy992:

Whether you find it or funny or not is irrelevant to the fact that I was clearly joking. Someone doesn't understand hyperbole it seems

I'm sorry, it's incredibly hard to determine sarcasm over the internet. But my point stands, if you make an unfunny joke then tell someone to calm down when they don't see it's a "joke" then you should of put more thought into a joke. Yahtzee hates a LOT on some of my favorite games, but I don't hate him nor do I take him seriously because he makes JOKES about it, instead of just saying "It's a crime to like this game".

ToastiestZombie:

Hazy992:

ToastiestZombie:

I'm sorry, it's incredibly hard to determine sarcasm over the internet. But my point stands, if you make an unfunny joke then tell someone to calm down when they don't see it's a "joke" then you should of put more thought into a joke. Yahtzee hates a LOT on some of my favorite games, but I don't hate him nor do I take him seriously because he makes JOKES about it, instead of just saying "It's a crime to like this game".

But it was clearly a joke! It's not my fault if you don't get it. Who seriously says making a crossover should be a crime honestly? It sounds like you're just annoyed because I dared make a joke about MLP.

ToastiestZombie:
Exactly, this guy gets it! And to be honest, it'll require a person much more intelligent than me or you to work out the conundrum of pony crossovers. It's one of life's mysteries, so might as well go along with it. Hating pony crossovers because you don't get them is like hating magic tricks because you don't get how they're done. It's just unneeded nonsense, and I reckon everyone would be better off if we just left the issue alone. And personally, I really don't like it when someone makes some sort of "anime" version of a western show, but I've never went into an anime crossover thread and shouted at someone to stop doing it. Life's too short to get people to stop doing things you don't personally like or understand.

I think your assessment is a little too dramatic, but in essence I agree.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

ToastiestZombie:

I think your assessment is a little too dramatic, but in essence I agree.

#

I guess I just find wording my arguments in a non dramatic way hard, but yeah I'm glad you agree. It's too pointless to get fussed about things you don't like, pointless internet arguments on the other hand :)

Let me see how well I can do with this.

Teletubbies vs. Cthulhu
Mario crossed with Dead Space
MLP with Pokemon
MLP with Watchmen
Gears of Star Wars
Gears of Warcraft
Halo crossed with Donkey Kong
Magic the Gathering crossed with Starcraft
Call of Duty: Zork

Just some terrible ideas.

(I knew there'd be a Pony war before clicking the thread)

Dragon Ball X Warhammer 40k, just 2 extremely over powered universes going toe-to-toe. Which one'll win? Who cares. It should be awesome. I dont think I've ever seen this crossover done.

Touhou x Higurashi, As much as I love both franchises, I doubt Higurashi's dark tone would survive Touhou's "Blast everything with bazillions of seizure inducing bullets and inviting the remains to tea" approach to solving any problems.

League of Legends x Dota x Heroes of Newerth. Why? Because the community will whinge themselves into singularity. The internet would not survive

My Little Pony x Neon Genesis Evangelion. Shinji vs Pinkie Pie, Whingiest badass who ever lived vs the psychotic pink party pony, Crushing cynicalism vs extreme idealism, together they fight crime! Hilarity and the Rei-pocalypse ensues.

Team Fortress 2 x Guitar Hero, because I'm running out of ideas

Alisbet:
I guess MLP meets Portal but that's only because the idea is too good to pass up.

They already did that and for the record it's a damn good fan-fic.http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-better-living-through-science-and.html

I'm going to join the "Pony should probably stay away from stuff" bandwagon. I see it all the time and it's just dumb. Look, I get your whole "Lulz look I'm mixing something cute and fluffy with something dark! aren't I so ironic herp derp!" mentality, It's about the same as your "Look I'm a guy who likes a little girls show, How ironic!" way of life. But that doesn't mean it's good and I personally find it to be stupid.

If you're making a crossover, have it make sense.

Zero Punctuation and Unskippable

Alucard from Hellsing meets J.D from Scrubs and they become madly in love with each other.......yeeeeaah, it would be interesting to say the least

How about...Dark Souls and MLP?

PREPARE TO DIE...from exposure to cute ponies!

Oh god, the horror.

Yugioh and Lost. With the whole people playing children's card games and JJ. Abrams horrible story writing would make pretty bad don't you think?

malestrithe:
All crossover read like bad ideas on paper. Making a Batman/Spawn crossover is as much of a bad idea as a Star Trek/ Back to the Future crossover. What makes things like this work are writers that can do something with the dumb concept and make it work. IDW's is doing a Doctor Who/ Star Trek: the Next Generation crossover as we speak. This sounds terrible, but it can work.

DC's New 52 reads mostly like "what if you cross over the DC Comics with Image Comics?" What you get turns out to be the grimdark version of the Amalgam universe. That fundamentally alters the universe because means there are very few good guys in the universe. Granted some of the heroes still do things because its the right thing to do, but that also means that a lot of people do things because no one else can.

Please tell me that the the subject of Wesley and The Traveller comes up, and the doctor says something to the effect of "oh yes, The Traveller. Nice chap, he and I once..."

OT: Mr. Bean meets the Watchmen, played as a tragedy instead of a comedy.

I wish I could say Gem (the 80s cartoon) meets Slayer would be a bad idea, but the more I think about it the more I want it to happen.

the Watchmen babies

The first thing I though of was this.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-21-2003/patrick-stewart

X men and Star Trek: TNG you would need two Patrick Stewarts.

Eddie the head:
The first thing I though of was this.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-21-2003/patrick-stewart

X men and Star Trek: TNG you would need two Patrick Stewarts.

That crossover was done long bewfore the X-men movie was conserved, but even back than the fan base for both series think Patrick Stewart would make a good Charles Xavier.

Twin Peaks vs Predator

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
If I shit on a baby and say I'm doing it to raise awareness for breast cancer, I'm still shitting on a baby.

Well, that certainly is the weirdest way you could possibly have made that point XD

ToastiestZombie:

I don't feel like "if you don't like it, then don't look at it because it's YOU who are the problem" is a way to automatically win every argument even, and I've seen several people here saying just that. It feels like there's a gap in that statement somewhere.

I generally don't mind crossovers as long as they're not official fuck ups. Funnily enough MLP fans are the most willing to create monstrosities and then thrust them at people, lost count of the number of pony effect things I've seen on this forum so far.

I just knew FO:E would be brought up and I just knew this would turn into an argument.....

Anyway, i would say anything crossed with twilight (the series). I once saw a LOTRxTwilight fanfic *shudder*

Berithil:
I just knew FO:E would be brought up and I just knew this would turn into an argument.....

Anyway, i would say anything crossed with twilight (the series). I once saw a LOTRxTwilight fanfic *shudder*

There are only 2 Twilights

Guess which one is gay.

Pro tip: It is not the Unicorn

Because I have free speech and anonymity, I'm going to say MLP crossovers as well, because I don't give a shit if other people think I'm a prick for doing so, it's a craze that I can't understand, and honestly the whole thing has just gone too far.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked