Thing That Piss You Off That Aren't Video Game Related

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

We do a lot of completely justified bitching and moaning on the Escapist because we can't at work and our friends are probably totally sick of it by now.

So what's that thing that totally pisses you off that doesn't involve a controller or a gaming mouse in your hands.

Being unemployed, and the fact that the Dominoes Pizza that was hiring wanted two years experience doing deliveries to be eligible. Well, I'm hardly going to get two years delivery experience not being able to try now am I?

Well, to make an insanely long list (and to save me probably close to an hour of typing) short, I can boil it all down to one single word. Idiots.

Soviet Heavy:
Being unemployed, and the fact that the Dominoes Pizza that was hiring wanted two years experience doing deliveries to be eligible. Well, I'm hardly going to get two years delivery experience not being able to try now am I?

Ah yes, the employment catch 22.

This is the main thing that has pissed me off for the past two years trying to find stable work, and it gets even worse when family just exasperates the problem.

And speaking of parents, they are the other major thing that pisses me off, and for a wide number of reasons. Calling them just plain idiots and assholes would be the all encompassing reason without getting into an essay length rant.

Oh and telemarketers!! Fuck off and stop trying to sell me shit I don't need at the most inconvenient times!!

We could be here for a very long time. Stupid people generally piss me off, but not as much as the fact that the world is currently run by them. Our bank system is insane. Big companies have no kind of logic or reason. The government are practically a group of dribbling glue eaters. It's not like we don't have enough smart people around, it's just somehow, someway, these morons keep getting to the top, and making dumb decisions once they get there.

And also, people who fail at walking. I don't mean disabled people, I mean people who have long conversations in narrow passageways, mothers who intend on using their prams as battering rams, and old people who think they do not need manners anymore. Have we descended to the point where people should have to get a license to walk unattended?

mysogany.....

ok it is gaming related but the sheer amount of spastic retard fucks within the "gamer" spectrum makes me cringe to be assosiated with that word

EDIT: and by spastic retard fuck I don't mean to imply any kind of dissability, just "FUK U BITCH GET IN DA KITCHEN"

Religious people that don't keep it in their pants.

Organized religion, misogyny, the GOP, my boss, my ISP, and this one guy on my block who throws loud parties like every third day.

So in short, dumbfucks.

The big one for me recently is misogynists, racists, homophobes, etc., who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that that is what they are. These people are everywhere and they absolutely will not listen to reason. And yes, there are a metric fuck ton of them on this site as well.

People that complain about religion.

Especially when it usually doesn't pertain to the discussion, or has no context whatsoever.

Every discussion forum everywhere.

-Seraph-:

Soviet Heavy:

This is the main thing that has pissed me off for the past two years trying to find stable work, and it gets even worse when family just exasperates the problem.

And speaking of parents, they are the other major thing that pisses me off, and for a wide number of reasons. Calling them just plain idiots and assholes would be the all encompassing reason without getting into an essay length rant.

Oh and telemarketers!! Fuck off and stop trying to sell me shit I don't need at the most inconvenient times!!

I agree. For 3 years now I've been looking for work. Even the Army won't take me because I don't have working experience that I can't even fucking get.

Aside from that, an injury that has prevented me from going to the gym.

A complicated problem regarding a woman.

Finally, fucking Scene kids.

Every person in the Edmonton area who drives, and then acts surprised when insurance rates for vehicles are going up by a whole 10%. Statistically, Edmonton has the worst drivers in the country, and it fucking SHOWS.

Motherfuckers don't signal when changing lanes or turning

Motherfuckers don't even give a cursory glance where they're going when changing lanes, simply assuming the other person will see them and get out of the way

Motherfuckers don't understand that a red light means APPLY THE GODDAMN BRAKES

Those unbelievable people who think it's okay to go 60km/h on a road where the speed limit is 110km/h.

People who back up out of intersections and expect entire lanes to back up to let them back in when instead they should just finish their turn and clear the fucking intersection.

People who accidentally make a left hand turn into oncoming traffic (50/50 shot of it being a one-way road in situations like this), and think that the safest course of action is to keep slowly driving forward

I could go on, but the jist of it is that people in Edmonton are shitty drivers and the main reason why I take the bus everywhere is because when there's an accident, I'm almost certainly going to be in the vehicle that "wins" when it happens.

EDIT: Ooh! Thought of another one. People who shovel all of their snow from their driveway out onto the road, and then proceed to park on the "curb" created by the big ass pile of snow. Doing so tends to completely block off residential streets, and it's more common than not.

I always get annoyed when people rail at religion without realising they're being just as narrow-minded and ignorant as the zealous minority they're criticising.

This thread is gonna turn out well, I'm sure.

Hemlet:

Motherfuckers don't signal when changing lanes or turning

Most drivers I see in the nearest large town to me are this bad as well.
Pisses me off.

Worst case was some cunt in a van almost ran me over when the lights were red, going about 60 in a built up area.

My internet connection tops the list right now. LOAD A F***ING VIDEO!!! I NEED MY YAHTZEE!!!

If I was paying for it, there's no way I'd be using Hughesnet, middle of nowhere inability to get cable internet be damned.

But... if that involves a mouse too much, what do I got to do to get a job in this state?!

Racism, Nationalism, Ignorance, Intolerance, Homophobia, Cowardice, Bigotry.

To name a few. I did not put stupidity on here because:

"Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense."

It is mostly genetic and can not be helped, stupid can not really be fixed, ignorance can be however. Do not be to hard on stupid people, a little understanding goes a long way.

Unskippable ads on DVDs. It's bad enough they put ads on something I've already paid for but not being able to skip them is just kicking me while I'm down. Why do I have to watch an ad for some movie I couldn't give a shit about every goddamn time? It just puts me off.

Soviet Heavy:

Also this catch 22 bullshit here.

What pisses me off the most is that earth's collapse is imminent, and my country's (Norway) government is saying stuff like:

-People have too few children! We must have more to increase productivity and growth! (Overpopulation is a global disaster already)

-If you are a smoker we will make you miserable by ostracizing your ass so hard you'll become a social outcast! (smokers should be sainted for doing something constructive about overpopulation)

-We need more people in jobs! If we don't have enough work, make more work for them to work on! (labor and production/ stimuli of economy is equivalent to energy use, energy we do not have)

So yeah, the planet is fucked, most countries are like that. Completely counterproductive to the global issues, the conglomerate equivalent of pure, undiluted ego.

You know when you're exiting a plane, and they make you walk through all the business class/first class seats? I hate that.

It's like the airlines is taunting me, "Look, look! All this could be yours if you'd just give us more money you cheap prick!"

AmrasCalmacil:
I always get annoyed when people rail at religion without realising they're being just as narrow-minded and ignorant as the zealous minority they're criticising.

I disagree....if we are talking mainly about the retarded aspects of religious people

because them and Athiests are coming from VERY different places, people say Athiests are arrogant but god damn its hard not to be with some of the shit you often hear

AmrasCalmacil:

This thread is gonna turn out well, I'm sure.

They often aren't as there is a discernible difference between the beliefs. False equivalency is just silly.

I don't know I mean everyone here sais idiots but I don't really know what to bitch about. I mean what you see as idiotic migth not be in someone elses view, so yeah idiots from my side too. Nothing else to bitch about I'm doing good at the moment. (well except for being a little bit ill but it's nothing major)

renegade7:
Organized religion

nexus:
People that complain about religion..

Haha.

OT: I really hate amusing circumstances. You have no idea how pissed off I am right now.

Wannabe gangsta People...

people like this should not be allowed to breed at all

Rape culture. If you don't know what that is, it's basically the idea that our culture views rape as natural, and that those who are effected by it deserved it. That's an incomplete definition, and I don't have the stomach to list all the little sub-parts of it.

The fact that my house was broken into. It's our own fault, we left the windows wide open (they had screens in them, but, you know, still...). Some douche just wandered right in, grabbed my roommate's PS3, the cords, a controller, and two games that happened to be nearby (mine) and went right out the back door. What's more embarrassing is that I was upstairs in my room the whole time. I doubt either of us was aware of the other. We've got no real evidence(just some missing stuff and a knocked-out window screen), so there's nothing the police can really do about it. But what really pisses me off is the idea that someone is using something I paid for without my permission. I don't know if you guys have ever had anything stolen from you, but trust me...It's not a happy feeling.

It's also a bit unsettling knowing a totally random stranger just walked right into my house, but the windows are now shut and locked, so it shouldn't be a problem any longer.

Oh, and people who blindly adopt every tenant of a religion without ever questioning the source, and calling all evidence against their "beliefs" a "test of faith". I put beliefs in quotes because something is only a belief so far as it can't be proven wrong. For example, saying you believe in God is a belief because, technically, it can't be disproven. However, if it CAN be proven wrong, then it becomes a display of ignorance. An example would be believing the Earth is 6,000 years old.

When People Put Capital Letters In Throughout Their Thread Name. Looking At You OP.

GethBall:
When People Put Capital Letters In Throughout Their Thread Name. Looking At You OP.

Actually, it's correct grammar to capitalize the first letter of every word except for two letter ones (it, is, if etc.) in a title. I'm not trying to be a dick by saying this, I just get annoyed when people use incorrect grammar, punctuation and spelling.

twistedmic:

GethBall:

Actually, it's correct grammar to capitalize the first letter of every word except for two letter ones (it, is, if etc.) in a title. I'm not trying to be a dick by saying this, I just get annoyed when people use incorrect grammar, punctuation and spelling.

I thought that you only have to capitalize important words. Not every single word. That's just how I was taught how to title things.

Overuse of capital letters. It's just visually unappealing when it's done too much :p.

My Little Pony fanfiction

Post-Black Album Metallica

Ultra-religious people

Atheists who think anyone who isn't atheist is a moron

Nickelback fans

GethBall:

Nouw:
Overuse of capital letters. It's just visually unappealing when it's done too much :p.

Glad to hear it.

IPunchWithMyFists:

GethBall:

Nouw:

Glad to hear it.

Okay that was snarky and uncalled for, I apologize. What really pisses me off is when someone is lazy and irresponsible. Cue c-bombs when someone shows such behaviour.

-Seraph-:

Soviet Heavy:

Heh. I've joined the British Army, and start in October. So, I've still got a couple of months left to wait until I start training, and I've been looking for work, but every place I've applied to has told me that they don't want anyone who isn't even going to be here in October.

All my friends who are still stuck at home, though, they've had no trouble finding work. Admittedly, it's in places like Primark and Maccies and Tesco and so on... I think a lot of people don't realise that there's more to work than earning money; why not try and find something you enjoy?

Sure wish it was October.

Oh Tea: Entitled gamers people.

Edit: Just people in general. I fucking hate most of us.

>inb4 hurr durr faif in hyoomanity darr errp

IPunchWithMyFists:
We do a lot of completely justified bitching and moaning on the Escapist.

I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

People that aren't me using up my oxygen flapping their mouths.

Fuckers the lot of them.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked