Thing That Piss You Off That Aren't Video Game Related

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

TestECull:
Well isn't he a lucky little shit? Tell him to transfer to a McD's in my area and see how long that lasts. FF stores in my area treat first-time workers like shit and give them terrible hours.

I highly doubt every single franchise fast food store in your area is run poorly like that. I've worked a good 15/20 different jobs in my life in different places around the globe, and the corporate retail jobs are always the smoothest running jobs for people whose hours aren't flexible.

And I've never had a job where I WASN'T treated slightly shitty at the beginning. You have to prove your merit among the Orwellian proles to make a name for your self.

People who actively teach their children to lie/cheat/circumvent rules. I see this at work quite a bit. It's sad to see kids doing these things, but it's simply moves to infuriating when a parent is coaching them in it. It is, however, satisfying to watch these lessons blow up in a parent's face when the kid surpasses the parent.

Zealots of every shade.

Vault101:
mysogany.....

ok it is gaming related but the sheer amount of spastic retard fucks within the "gamer" spectrum makes me cringe to be assosiated with that word

EDIT: and by spastic retard fuck I don't mean to imply any kind of dissability, just "FUK U BITCH GET IN DA KITCHEN"

To be fair, it's not JUST a gaming problem. This just seems to be more concentrated where man-children gather.

TomLikesGuitar:

TestECull:
Well isn't he a lucky little shit? Tell him to transfer to a McD's in my area and see how long that lasts. FF stores in my area treat first-time workers like shit and give them terrible hours.

I highly doubt every single franchise fast food store in your area is run poorly like that. I've worked a good 15/20 different jobs in my life in different places around the globe, and the corporate retail jobs are always the smoothest running jobs for people whose hours aren't flexible.

And I've never had a job where I WASN'T treated slightly shitty at the beginning. You have to prove your merit among the Orwellian proles to make a name for your self.

It must be a dream working in your area then, because it sounds like it's completely different from here.

(1)people who are intolerant of other peoples cultures

(2) the Dutch.

The fact that I'm unemployed, still live at home, still somewhat dependent, can't work up the courage to confess to girls I find attractive, and not knowing what the hell to do with my life kinda pisses me off a little.

Scarim Coral:
I can name a few so this is one of them-

I can't stand some hardcore comicbook fan who nitpick a well good comicbook film in favour that it wasn't accurate to the source material.
No this has nothing to do with The Avengers (althought I haven't heard anyone complaining about its comicbook accuracy) but more like some people complain the characters cast in X-men First Class, Heimdall from Thor was played by a black actor while he was white in the comicbook, the different ending to Watchmen and some of the changes they did to Kick-Ass.

Get it through you head people! There are things that can never be translate well onto the big screen and while they should be faithful to the source material most of the time (e.g. Deadpool in Wolverine Origin was aweful) but bear in mind people who aren't into comicbooks will see the movie too! I mean afterall they are far more of them it is to comicbook fans when you go to the full packed seat in the cinema screening it.

This is one that pisses me off. Everyone complaining about Deadpool in the Wolverine movie.

Remember, most of the audience for a given movie have no clue who most of the characters are. Having a character be spontaneously insane and goofy for no good reason creates bad characterization. What they did was iffy, but it sets up a movie for him if they are so inclined (and Ryan Reynolds is frighteningly inclined) by giving him his powers, his insanity, and his need to talk non-stop. IT WORKED!

Vault101:
snip

IPunchWithMyFists:
>Shares my viewpoints
>Great post editing
>Said titties

God bless you, TomLikesGuitars, God bless you.

It's funny, I actually didn't even read your and Vault's argument until now lol.

I disliked ME3's ending (I think "Indoctrination Theory" would be a sweet twist to pull), and I agree that the diligence of those who didn't like the ending was truly awesome in that it ultimately reached the developers...

But Vault, you have to admit that it got pretty obnoxious. People were freaking out on a daily basis and commenting on every thread about how they would "NEVER BUY A BIOWARE GAME AGAIN". It's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Think about how the Matrix movies ended. It was possibly worse than ME3 as far as nonsensical, gaping-mouth bullshit.

It ruined the Matrix for me forever.

But I didn't go on the internet and complain and demand a change, or swear off Wachowski Brothers movies. That would be silly.

I got over it because it's just another movie/game/book/comic/show/etc... and there's myriad alternatives. Sitting around bitching usually accomplishes absolutely nothing.

TomLikesGuitar:

It's funny, I actually didn't even read your and Vault's argument until now lol.

I disliked ME3's ending (I think "Indoctrination Theory" would be a sweet twist to pull), and I agree that the diligence of those who didn't like the ending was truly awesome in that it ultimately reached the developers...

But Vault, you have to admit that it got pretty obnoxious. People were freaking out on a daily basis and commenting on every thread about how they would "NEVER BUY A BIOWARE GAME AGAIN". It's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

thata funny..because that's what everyone here on the escapsit has been pretty much saying..but more

*sips tea* why yes my good man, that was rather awful...I shall not be purchasing ANY more games from bioware *adjusts monacle* now then...Diablo 3...

regardless of weather or not they were in the "I hate bioware camp" I don't think its exactally the same group....more "RETAKE MASS EFFECT! SET RIGHT WHAT IS WRONG! FOR HONOUR!FOR HUMANITY!"

was it obnoxious? ok yeah, it clogged up the forums for a good while...but then I find complaing about compling to be more retarded that the complaing about the ending ever was

Think about how the Matrix movies ended. It was possibly worse than ME3 as far as nonsensical, gaping-mouth bullshit.

It ruined the Matrix for me forever.

But I didn't go on the internet and complain and demand a change, or swear off Wachowski Brothers movies. That would be silly.

I got over it because it's just another movie/game/book/comic/show/etc... and there's myriad alternatives. Sitting around bitching usually accomplishes absolutely nothing.

hey...they threw us a bone didnt they? :P and It sent a clear message

as for swear off Bioware games...as much as it irritates me I can see the reasoning

people think EA have been ruining them..and if DA2 and ME3 ending are any indicator

but as I said I actually think they are different groups

the horrible dreck they have on the Disney channel where they use the laugh track every 3 seconds even if it isn't funny
horrible drivers - especially those who refuse to use turning signals, people who drive too slow, others who pull out into your lane when you try to pass them, people who pull up on your tail, ultra fast drivers that nearly kill you while trying to pass in front of you when there's barely any room, and people who blare bass or don't seem to have mufflers
the lowest common denominator "comedy" shows that plague TV
political groups that try to pass laws to enslave us to their views and the news stations that constantly advertise for diet programs

the fact that colleges require you to study subjects that almost have nothing to do with what career you want, and the fact that they have fewer tests so grading is more rigorous
fast food places that can't get orders right
and the fact that these places only seem to hire people who don't speak a bit of English or at least are not capable of pronouncing words clearly

people who constantly bash religion as a whole rather than the rotten fruit that still clings to the tree - not all religious folk are evil, ignorant monsters like most atheists (especially the more vocal ones on youtube) preach
what I find the most strange about atheists is that if they don't believe in a god, then they don't believe in the afterlife, which would mean that that this is the only life we have, so shouldn't the atheists be living like there's no tomorrow?

oh, and the war torn areas of the world that can't seem to get their crap together
areas where cultures allow people to be easily killed for the most insane reasons or areas where children are bought, sold, and/or married

people who commit crimes like rape, murder, etc. and then are allowed to walk free just because someone chose to defend them in court - what sane person would support a serial murderer? apparently every lawyer in existence because it seems the life of the murderer is more important than the possible victims

bad ( possible knock-off) movies that get churned out based on badly written books or some other material that only recently got released - Hunger Games is one such offender, so is Twilight and movies that try to make money off of currently popular trends
the day after Twilight came to dvd there were at least 15 different knock-offs lining shelves

Squatters that call themselves righteous/protesters aka Occupiers. Also known as shit heads that don't want to work, but want to live of the tails of real people...

Core/Hardcore/Elite/Serious/Old-school/Important/Casual gamers. The types that bitch and complain about things they don't like when millions love the 'cheap shit dime a dozen crap that the evil empire keeps on making'...

Site Contributors... ect... Flame bait was a term I learned about a few years ago. It seems certain articles, written for flame bait, are allowed, and endorsed, and are out of line here...

These are a few of my least favorite things people refer to themselves as round these parts.

Fuck them all.

Awwww shit... These are all in some way, video game related....

This is a site about/for video games... Take your off-topic ideals and ask in a different way please ; )

Poeple. I treat 'em like things and they generally piss me off. So yeah, People fits in here just fine

1) People who want to ban guns. Restrictions, I can understand. Not banning. It doesnt cause guns to go away, it just leaves them in the hands of criminals. Plus, most people who own them use them for hunting, self-defense, artwork, or even just to collect them. There is NOTHING wrong with owning guns.

2) Flag Burning. Absolutely vile act. If you burn the US flag on US soil, you deserve nothing more than to be jailed, or failing that, royally beatdown by the townfolks. And before anyone tries to play Johnson Vs. Texas on me: I......dont......CARE! I will find another reason to MAKE you stop burning it.

3) Hardcore thiest/athiest. I dont give a crap what religion you are. We all pray to the same God, go to the same Heaven, and only the evil go to Hell. It shouldnt matter what religion or lack thereof you are. However, you SHOULD NOT TRY TO CONVERT PEOPLE! If they want to change religions, let them by their own accord. And Athiest, dont call someone an idiot for believing in God, even if you dont. You are no better than the thiest who say "Your religion is immoral and evil. Come join us."

4) People who say a political party is immoral/backward/wrong. Call thier policies that, but please: DO NOT GENERALIZE. Its usually more complicated than that. Heck, even issues that people make out to be supported only by one side (like Gay Marriage), it is alot more complicated than that.

5) People who say a "Pro-life" stance is Anti-women. No really, shut up. There are alot of women who identify as pro-life, 41% to be exact. Are you going to try and tell me with a straight face that they hate women [read: themselves] For that stance?

6) People who say "Corporations are evil." Until you give up your I-pad, computer, car, oil, heating, clothing, food, etc. or make them yourselves, I am not listening.

7)

IPunchWithMyFists:

You could have just said titties.

I just got a warning from an admin to stop baiting people into arguments. You win, buddy boy, you win. I bet your e-cock has sprung at least two inches.

But it was still a video game ending and you're still very very angry. You deconstructed my entire post to tell me why I'm wrong everywhere. You can't stop nerds from being entirely too angry. But at least accept that you're an angry little nerd.

Adios, amigo. :D

I drew you a picture so that you might understand me better....

I'm not much of an artist but it makes my point... (and I don't mean it to be offesnive)

Soviet Heavy:
Being unemployed, and the fact that the Dominoes Pizza that was hiring wanted two years experience doing deliveries to be eligible. Well, I'm hardly going to get two years delivery experience not being able to try now am I?

a catch 22

I know how you feel.

Dutch tourists. They're perfectly fine in their own country, but whenever they're in a different country they walk slow and randomly stop and block everything for 5 minutes to take a picture.

I have a pet peeve for Christmas before or after Christmas, like playing Christmas music way before it's time. Does that count?

Also those personality tests for jobs. I feel you have to lie a little to get the best chance at a crappy Walmart job.

People think I'm anti-human. I'm not, I'm just anti-bigotry, anti-idiocy and anti-superstition.

So you see where the mistake can be made.

Captcha: "easy as cake". I believe that's "easy as pie" Captcha.

Peas, Lord knows I hate me some Goddamn motherfucking PEAS!!!

The Consequence:
Peas, Lord knows I hate me some Goddamn motherfucking PEAS!!!

Blood suckers IRL. Fuck mosquitoes. Fuck ticks. Fuck Lyme disease.

Organized Religion. Most of it. Not just the ignorant fucks who got told once what to belief and then attack anything that doesn't fit into that mold. I mean the "normal" Religion, or at least the organized Religion, organized meaning "moneygrabbing" in most cases.
We have this huge Church in my tiny little town and the preacher there recently started collecting money for a new stained Glass window. For 10000€.
He got the Idea from one of his Colleagues. 10% of that money wont even be used for the window or for the companies that make it and/or install it, it'll be used for "church expenses".

Apparently practices like that are fairly common apparently. My Sister had some Problems with the horrendous state the Daycare center she brought her daughter to was in. Apparently the "Sponsor", the catholic Church keeps about two thirds of the money from the parents for more "Church expenses" and let the daycare center literally fall apart.
Most Institutions, if "managed" by the Church are substandard. One must wonder where all the Money goes.

But allright, that's just to explain that i'm not hating on organized Religion because i see what the westboro baptist Church is doing and therefore think all Religion must be the same Kind of malicious Horror fallen upon Mankind because i'm an Idiot, i have an actual Reason, one that i can talk about using the Speechcenter in my Brain.

There are other Things that piss me off. Videogaming industry and its hatred against Customers. Seriously, take most of the negative Headlines on several Sites about Videogame Companies and one of the most viable theories one can come up with is that they're possessed by evil. Wouldn't that explain so much?
I don't actually believe that because i'm not *that* dumb, but it does astound me how much could be explained by that if we lived in some Kind of magical World.

We have big Companies that hamper the Development and growth of their own Medium, their own Market. And i can not get behind their reasons.

Why in the World would you slowly but surely kill off the PC Market with more and more restrictive DRM that most likely only works to piss off Customers while Pirates enjoy the last big Games on PC without buggy DRM?

You know, since Games nowadays are apparently shovelware, one could avoid the evil pirate infested PC market by releasing games to the consoles first and 4 weeks later, when apparently no one cares about the Game because some analysts say so, release it to the PC. Maybe trillions of Copies will be illegally downloaded, or so videogame companies seem to think, but one or two may be bought as well.
Even if you don't continue the Trend that may eventually lead to the copyprotection software having cost more money in the Development than the fucking Game.

Vanitas likes Bubbles:

twistedmic:

GethBall:
When People Put Capital Letters In Throughout Their Thread Name. Looking At You OP.

Actually, it's correct grammar to capitalize the first letter of every word except for two letter ones (it, is, if etc.) in a title. I'm not trying to be a dick by saying this, I just get annoyed when people use incorrect grammar, punctuation and spelling.

I thought that you only have to capitalize important words. Not every single word. That's just how I was taught how to title things.

It's very very vague. Basically, in titles, do whatever the hell you want when it comes to capitals.

OT: Australia's internet. Having a good internet here is comparable to having some of the worst you can get in the US. I hear people complain about 2 mb/s download, how about 100 kb/s on average >:/

Morons, the near-constant boredom I now live my life in, having no fucking money, the severe lack of any good yaoi anime around, my slow-ass laptop, American politics specifically the fucking Republicans, mysteriously having a cold when it should be fucking summer, the smug judgemental gaze of my brother when he sees me reading Death Note, wanting to buy more Death Note but being unable to because of the aforementioned money issue, people being intolerant of other people's culture, and the Dutch.

When the people I live with decide to put left overs in empty butter/margarine containers. Why? Why butter/margarine containers? Why not buy some goddamn tupperware and stop making me think we have butter/margarine WHEN WE DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING BUTTER/MARGARINE!!! I WOULD OF GOTTEN SOME IF I KNEW WE WERE OUT! I JUST ATE A BAGEL WITH NOTHING ON IT! IT WAS TERRIBLE!

People who empty a milk bag (I live in Canada and milk comes in bags so deal with it.) and don't replace it.

When people don't say anything when we're out of milk.

People who feel the need to inform me that I don't talk alot, what? do you think I didn't notice?

Birds

There's more but I don't want to type them all out right now.

double post

Vault101:

snip

Well played/said/drawn.

Seriously though, just a warning? For such an obvious troll?

Nouw:

Irreducible Sohn:
People who don't signal in traffic.

Speaking as a pedestrian, this. I also fucking hate people who signal as they're turning.

I would add, people that have their turn signal on forever.

As George Carlin once said, "And you find out later, he was going around the world to the left."

Bigotry in its many aggravating forms, people who cut me off on the highway, and people who say YOLO.

anthony87:
snip

thanks :P....you know, to make my self as absolutely clear as possible

its not 100% clear he's trolling...he could just be..you know, a dudebro who doesn't understand the concept of internet discussion/debate/arguments

or if he is a troll I should have known better

Vault101:

anthony87:
snip

thanks :P....you know, to make my self as absolutely clear as possible

its not 100% clear he's trolling...he could just be..you know, a dudebro who doesn't understand the concept of internet discussion/debate/arguments

or if he is a troll I should have known better

That's a fair point. People are far too quick to use the word "troll" nowadays, myself included. Perhaps he is just a "dudebro", or as I like to call them "idiots".

Why is it only milk bottles that you can't put in on their side? What kind of shitty bottles do they use that is thwarted by milk? Never an issue with juice from similar style bottles, it's got something to do with the milk somehow...

Mainly, at the moment, the current economical system and all the people who insist it's perfect.

Honestly, the "Market" is starting to sound more and more like some sort of obscure, commerce-based deity, who certainly moves in mysterious ways... First of all, why does real, living humans have to be miserable just because it's part of or gains the system? And surely, if it's that awesome, it can stand for a bit of an update now and then. What matters more? The exact ammount of money a corporation can stash away in a bank somewhere, or the welfare of human beings?

And no, I'm neither a lazy sod who don't want to work or advocating planned economy. That worked even worse in the end. All I'm saying is, capitalism as it stands now isn't a very humane system, and it's in all our best interest as a species to give it a bit of a tweaking.

Furthermore, if you're on the recieving end of a buttkicking by a system that doesn't work in your favour, certainly it's natural that you complain about it? Does that make you some sort of parasite or a loser?

Preferably before we enter some cyberpunk future scenario where people are sacrificed to Lord Mahr'ket for fortune and kind winds on the seas of commerce or something. :P

BOOM headshot65:

2) Flag Burning. Absolutely vile act. If you burn the US flag on US soil, you deserve nothing more than to be jailed, or failing that, royally beatdown by the townfolks. And before anyone tries to play Johnson Vs. Texas on me: I......dont......CARE! I will find another reason to MAKE you stop burning it.

3) Hardcore thiest/athiest. I dont give a crap what religion you are. We all pray to the same God, go to the same Heaven, and only the evil go to Hell. It shouldnt matter what religion or lack thereof you are. However, you SHOULD NOT TRY TO CONVERT PEOPLE! If they want to change religions, let them by their own accord. And Athiest, dont call someone an idiot for believing in God, even if you don't. You are no better than the thiest who say "Your religion is immoral and evil. Come join us."

3 is interesting. Why do you think that way? And as for 4, I'm pretty sure praying to different gods is a fairly sizable part of being in a different religion. Or even not praying. What did you mean by that?

The Lazy Blacksmith:
people who say YOLO.

I didn't hate YOLO, then an... acquaintance of mine constantly repeated it, context free, for the better part of an hour. Now I will beat you to death if you mention it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked