Does anyone still play Skyrim?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Well I today I picked up Skyrim and put it in the ol' PS3 and I forgot how much fun it was. Basically I was wondering if anyone still plays Skyrim. I'm assuming everyone is done with their character for now until Dawnguard comes out? Personally I still have a lot of fun using my completely broken assassin character and I always like starting new characters with new builds.

So does anyone still play Skyrim? If so, what kinds of characters are you playing nowadays? Also if you are waiting for Dawnguard then what are you looking forward to most? I'm personally looking forward to killing some vampires and I'm assuming based on the tone of the expansion there will be some sneak based loot which is perfect for the broken assassin character I mentioned up top.

Yeah. I started a new character just yesterday, actually. It's always good to try new character builds. This one is going to be a vampire who's highly skilled with 2h weapons.

I actually just started a khajit mage today.

... was magic buffed at some point? It seems so much easier than when I last tried to play a full-on mage.

Yeah, actually, started getting back into it after a long hiatus.

Decided to just start again with a couple of characters.

Uzulg gro-Grunthor, the Orc warrior werewolf.

Amaya, the Dunmer thief vampire.

Seems to be a trend or something, maybe having to do with the upcoming expansion...?

I too stopped playing after my fourth or fifth character for a while but recently started playing it again. I seem to be able to only play one more character though. That or playing a mage is boring to me.

Personally I hope Dawnguard gives us new skills to level up. I have two main characters, one of which is level 75 (assassin) and the other is level 77 (mage) and I'd like to level them up a little more to be able to fill in a few perks I've been meaning to get for them. As for my new character that I recently made, I'm positive I'll be fighting vampires with that one because that's like "holy" themed with right hand having Dawnbreaker and my left hand having restoration magic.

I've also wanted to try something new but I have no idea what kind of build I should go with :/

Yup, me too, new character, thought I would try an Imperial in heavy armor, block, one handed and archery! Everyone is going back to Skyrim because we are all excited about Dawnguard!

I cannot wait for the Crossbows! My new Imperial will probably join the Dawnguard and my High Elf mage will join the vampires!

Is there still stuff for my thief to steal? yes of course i still play.

Still got an adventurer/scout type that still has stuff to do.

I started back when it was hit with steam workshop, it is nice and make the massive open sandbox more massive open sandboxy and i am a big fan of the massive open sandbox.

I mean you can now do just about anything

Of course I do... Those damn dragons won't kill themself.

TizzytheTormentor:
Yup, me too, new character, thought I would try an Imperial in heavy armor, block, one handed and archery! Everyone is going back to Skyrim because we are all excited about Dawnguard!

I cannot wait for the Crossbows! My new Imperial will probably join the Dawnguard and my High Elf mage will join the vampires!

Yeah I may make my assassin join the vampires unless the dawnguard have very good armor that I want, but my armor set is pretty much complete unless they have some good boots I can use. Currently my armor set is:

Head: Rahgot
Torso: Ebony Mail
Gloves: Ancient Shrouded Gloves
Boots: Daedric Boots (40% better sneak, 40% better one-handed)
Ring: Gold Diamond Ring (40% better sneak, 40% better one-handed)
Necklace: Gold Diamond Necklace (40% better sneak, 40% better one-handed)

So really all I might want to replace is the Daedric Boots and possibly Rahgot but I love me my 120% to sneak and one-handed and my +70 stamina. However my weapons could use replacing. I've got two sets of weapons, one being daggers which is:

Daedric Dagger w/ Fire and Frost damage
Mehrune's Razor

and my swords are:

Dawnbreaker
Daedric Sword w/ Fire and Frost damage

Both daggers could be replaced with more powerful ones and my Daedric Sword could also use an upgrade. Although I will always keep Dawnbreaker. I absolutely love that sword and against vampires it's a no brainer!

Welp, I've been meaning to soon, but currently all my gaming time is being consumed by Dota 2 XD

Just started a Khajit thief after playing a Nord fighter. I guess it will be a long time till I uninstall this game. Still too much to see and too much to do.

SeeIn2D:

TizzytheTormentor:

Yeah I may make my assassin join the vampires unless the dawnguard have very good armor that I want, but my armor set is pretty much complete unless they have some good boots I can use. Currently my armor set is:

So really all I might want to replace is the Daedric Boots and possibly Rahgot but I love me my 120% to sneak and one-handed and my +70 stamina. However my weapons could use replacing. I've got two sets of weapons, one being daggers which is:

Mehrune's Razor

and my swords are:

Dawnbreaker

Both daggers could be replaced with more powerful ones and my Daedric Sword could also use an upgrade. Although I will always keep Dawnbreaker. I absolutely love that sword and against vampires it's a no brainer!

Quick question, does Dawnguard get stronger if you get it at a higher level, or is it always the same?

I'm waiting for the DLC. Tried starting a new character, but not playing a sneaky archer just gets me killed too often..

Well I still have an unfinished second playthrough to do. I just usually can't be bothered because I can't play it without my headphones, well I can, but I won't be able to hear any of the characters speak. Anyway I usually can't be bothered to plug in my headphones just to play it.

I've been on/off playing skyrim since last christmas. A large part of that's that I love the game, and consider it to be one of the best sequels ever, as it simply takes what didn't work well before and adds it's own unique touches, and as said touches go, giving everything a nordic flavour is a pretty damn awesome touch.

And the other large part of it is, I have a terrible habit of starting new characters and switching between them, and I also have a terrible habit of completely forgetting the main quest for ages.

I don't.

Too busy playing Diablo 3 and good 'ol Civilization 3.

TizzytheTormentor:

SeeIn2D:

TizzytheTormentor:

Mehrune's Razor

and my swords are:

Dawnbreaker

Quick question, does Dawnguard get stronger if you get it at a higher level, or is it always the same?

Do you mean Dawnbreaker? If you mean Dawnbreaker then no, it will always have the same power enchant no matter what level you acquire it or what your current level is.

Eh, I recently started again in an effort to stave off buying Dragon's Dogma. Sneaky bosmer this time. First character was a Nord two-hander, but I stopped playing him shortly after joining the Stormcloaks.

I haven't touched it in a few months since I've been tackling, and failing, my backlog, but I've been meaning to play it again.

I've been playing with the idea of starting a new character since that expansion is coming soonish, so I might do that since I don't want to use my 'current' character since it wouldn't make sense with how I built her.

I'm waiting for the riding combat patch, being an archer is rather boring since I can kill almost anything before it can even get close, or I'm stuck spending 15 minutes running and shooting a boss in the nuts.

It's my timekiller. I play it in the same way people play minesweeper or angry birds. I'll run it when I'm listening to music, or a podcast, but not much on it's own.

I made a new character 'bout a month ago, played the hell out of it, then stopped and started playing some of my PC games that i really ought to finish. But now that there's the mounted combat update on Xbox, im getting back into it again because really, that's about the only thing i wanted. And it's amazing. No more silly horse dismounts to whack a wolf then hop back on!

Anyone else hoping for a big expansion pack with a whole new, big area to explore? I loved the experience of traversing the wild coastline, it was the only area which felt truly mysterious.

I'd like to see you exploring some new, Arctic-like land which has not been charted or civilised, and finding stuff like huge whale skeletons and ancient, frozen ships. I want an area with some mystery, goddamn it. Skyrim was wild and great, but it still felt too civilised in most areas.

I want to feel like an explorer, and a pioneer.

Yup, i've only just finished the main quest after around 100+ hours, and that was on the PS3. I'm gunna get it on PC when it comes down in price, can't wait to try those mods.

I just started a group of treasure hunters in a lightly modded playthrough.

I'm a Breton spellsword named Lorenzio. Leader of the group, and all around charming bastard.

My group of miscreants include the Argonian ranger Derkeethus, the Khajit mage J'zargo, and the Nord warrior Stenvar (Whom I've made a werewolf).

I plan on adventuring with these jokers and then having us all join the Dawnguard. It's gonna be so fun! :D

I can provide links if anyone wants. :)

I can't wait until Dawnguard comes out. It's gonna change my whole game. My little rag-tag group of treasure hunters will become vampire hunters!

SeeIn2D:
Well I today I picked up Skyrim and put it in the ol' PS3 and I forgot how much fun it was. Basically I was wondering if anyone still plays Skyrim. I'm assuming everyone is done with their character for now until Dawnguard comes out? Personally I still have a lot of fun using my completely broken assassin character and I always like starting new characters with new builds.

So does anyone still play Skyrim? If so, what kinds of characters are you playing nowadays? Also if you are waiting for Dawnguard then what are you looking forward to most? I'm personally looking forward to killing some vampires and I'm assuming based on the tone of the expansion there will be some sneak based loot which is perfect for the broken assassin character I mentioned up top.

Waiting for an overhaul mod to make it a good game

I C E B U R N

Get it? ICE burn? Cos Skyrim is quite icy, you see.

I'll get my coat

Still playing it, still enjoy testing out new builds or occasionally loading up a God mod and going to town on everything that looks at me the wrong way.

What I'd like to know is how you guys go about running two characters at the same time. Do you keep swapping out save files in the directory? If I had two different runs in the same folder, I'd probably tear my hair out in short notice.

Just did a successful completion of a assassin archer Dark Elf infact. :O

Now if only my electricity will stop being such a douche, I can start again with a Redguard who specializes in Two Handed. @.@

Rolled myself up a good old fashioned Nord Warrior last week and played through - this time I went with dual wielding swords and did only the Companions quests and the Main quest, because the other quest lines didn't fit with my character concept.

That makes a total of 4 Skyrim characters for me overall - my first was a bow hunting Nord who did everything that fell in her lap, my second was a Khajit hardcore into the Thieves Guild and Nocturnal's ways with a dabble-do in assassinations when the fancy struck her, and my third was a high elf devoted to the furtherance of alchemy and magical learnings (which, conveniently, included shouts).

Well, yes, I'm playing Skyrim. Although it's not much for a "still", since I started it recently - after my exams finished about a month ago. Actually I'm finally starting to mix things up with other games as well these past few days, but still Skyrim is fun. I too am playing a broken assassin - my Khajiit one shot kills pretty much anything with his bow. Well, it helps that he's wearing equipment that gives me a total of +90% to ranged damage - the ring of Major Archery (I'm currently working on my Enchainting to make my own), the Ancient Shrouded Cowl and...erm, the Shrouded Cowl. For some reason, equipping the ASC gives all the stats boosts but doesn't count as head gear (doesn't appear on the character and you can equip any other headpiece). If he doesn't one shot people with his bow, then he does it with his hand made glass daggers and a sneak attack.

And I thought magic was overpowered...I suspended playing a mage about 40-ish hours in, because the magic was simply boringly powerful - Impact is totally made to troll your foes. But being OP assassin is much more fun.

The Pinray:
No NPC Greetings (Shuts the NPCs up. They'll only drop their "I work for Belethor, at the general goods store" and the constant guard chatter when spoken to. No more walking by people and having them try to tell you their life story. Love it.)

I need this mod RIGHT NOW! I am tired of the NPCs telling me their entire life story after I bump in them on the street. Well, I was actually going to look for it but every time I remember is when I bump into an NPC and I don't really want to quit the game, install a mod and come back again at that point, so thanks for reminding me.

And I'm totally joining the vampires when the expansion comes. Mortals are...well, just think about it - mortal. I don't think my sadistic Khajiit would really oppose becoming immortal. And some powers on top wouldn't really hurt either. If, or rather, when I decide to play my Dunmer mage again, I don't think she'll be opposing the vampires either. After all, she is one of them right now.

DoPo:

The Pinray:
No NPC Greetings (Shuts the NPCs up. They'll only drop their "I work for Belethor, at the general goods store" and the constant guard chatter when spoken to. No more walking by people and having them try to tell you their life story. Love it.)

I need this mod RIGHT NOW! I am tired of the NPCs telling me their entire life story after I bump in them on the street. Well, I was actually going to look for it but every time I remember is when I bump into an NPC and I don't really want to quit the game, install a mod and come back again at that point, so thanks for reminding me.

Yessir! Right away, sir! Here's a link to the mod. That mod alone made the game playable for me. Before I discovered it I had to skirt everyone in towns praying that they'd leave me the hell alone!

And you're welcome for the reminder. :)

Been playing it almost exclusively over the last week, having plenty of fun with the stealth archer. I plan on starting a sword and shield tank soon, wanna see how well that plays out.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who started playing Skyrim again, prepping up for Dawnguard, like me.

I just got back on my tank warrior build today. My pure mage is officially dead, with a funeral and everything. But my stealth archer is still waiting for the Bug Conspiracy to do something.

The thing I look forward to the most to Dawnguard would be vaporizing the sun.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked