I'm in love

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

But nothing can ever come of it.

Sucks to be me, huh?

Anyway, can anyone relate?

This sounds like the perfect topic for someone to write a song about!

Why not?

Yeah, well I was. It ended poorly. She chose someone else.

I'm sure half the Escapist could.
We used to get a shitload of these threads (not trying to marginalize your experience or anything though).

You got to experience love? Well, then it sounds like something came out of it. You've felt something no one else in the universe is ever going to feel. And that feeling might bring you pain, but only because of how much it means to you, not only because of how amazing you find it, but because it is no one's feeling but your own.

Cheery Lunatic:
I'm sure half the Escapist could.
We

used to

get a shitload of these threads (not trying to marginalize your experience or anything though).

Used to?!? USED to...
Don't all of the "all dese gurlzz I lurv only like cocky, arrogant assholes" threads kind of tell the same story, except those people are pissed about it for all the wrong reasons too?

My thoughts: It takes 2 to tango.

Why can nothing come of it, too shy?

TizzytheTormentor:

There are a few reasons, chief among them being she is already in a relationship, and ashe's also a co-worker.

But I think the most important lesson we can all learn from this is:

Don't post when drunk.

Sorry folks.

Eh, it's okay, been there. Love: the most painful experience the universe has to offer :/

PreviouslyPwned:

TizzytheTormentor:

There are a few reasons, chief among them being she is already in a relationship, and ashe's also a co-worker.

Don't post when drunk.

Sorry folks.

BEEN THERE

DONE THAT

GOT THE T-SHIRT

Good luck with your soul-destroying unrequited love anyway

eh?...youll need to explain

PreviouslyPwned:

Sucks to be me, huh?

Man the fuck up and do something about it then. Unless its like your sister or something, one of the few reasons why you logically wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Failing that, if you're destined to feel that theres nothing you can do about it then at least explain you're problem on here so I can have something to read with my morning coffee.

Quaxar:
This sounds like the perfect topic for someone to write a song about!

Someone beat him to it.

I'm in love with someone........ but the thing is....... she's not real. *insert forever alone .jpg*

You're in love eh

Enjoy what remains of your sanity mate,
cos even if she returns the favor its a 90% chance your gonna be in hell for the next 4 and half years...

I'm in love too.

Games Workshop just released this plastic kit, right? You can make one of three Ork airkraft with it, and they look amazing:

The girl I loved discovered she was a lesbian.

Top that.
COME AT ME, BRO.

Yes sir, i can relate. And i'm pretty sure it happens to everyone at some point. I mean, yeah, it feels bad but it's hardly anything special.

I'm not stupid enough to fall in 'love' with any attractive girl who so much as smiles at me. How can you be sure it's love and not just some over-inflated crush, like so many people have and profess to be 'love'?

I'm in love too! Those fucking sweet riffs of Swedish death metal... Oh my!

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more.....

PreviouslyPwned:

Sucks to be me, huh?

Well, it looks like this whole situation sorted itself out fine then.

Anyway, I've never been in love myself. Not that I wouldn't want to, it's just never happened oddly enough. And that's coming from a 29-year old bloke.

PreviouslyPwned:

Don't post when drunk.

Sorry folks.

Yeah, that's why I avoided The Escapist when I was drowning the same problem I have as you're having right now about three weeks back.

Difference being that it's not unlucky circumstances that made it impossible, she just plain ol' doesn't like me like that. Though she is sending conflicting messages, making it pretty goddamn hard to deal with. No idea what to think about the whole spiel.

Palademon:

Top that.
COME AT ME, BRO.

The girl I loved discovered she was a lesbian in front of me with another girl who I had a partial-crush on.

BAM

*cries*

Palademon:

Top that.
COME AT ME, BRO.

My girlfriend discovered she was a lesbian after I walked in on her cheating on me with my brother. Top'd.
Not really. That was obviously made up. The situation would top yours if it were real, however.

On topic: Sorry to hear about that, OP. If her relationship's shakey, keep longing for her. If she's happy where she is, do your best to move on.

PreviouslyPwned:

TizzytheTormentor:

Don't post when drunk.

Sorry folks.

Nonsense! Sober Thal does it all the time, and it's usually very amusing! :D

Anyways, doesn't love suck? Makes you feel like shit, don't it? Worst feeling in the world. Like breaking into a million pieces while melting into a puddle.

Bassik:
I'm in love too.

Games Workshop just released this plastic kit, right? You can make one of three Ork airkraft with it, and they look amazing:

Ah, but can you paint well enough?

Also, do you have the ridiculous amount of money needed to buy a special new GW model?

I've been in love with someone for about 5-6 years now. I missed my chance to be with her and have regretted it ever since. She did recently break up with her boyfriend though, so I'm wondering if I should go for a second chance.

Tharwen:

Bassik:
I'm in love too.

Ah, but can you paint well enough?

Also, do you have the ridiculous amount of money needed to buy a special new GW model?

I can paint well enough, trust me mate.

And no, I don't have the money. That never stopped me before.

PreviouslyPwned:

Sucks to be me, huh?

I'm going to be blunt about this, but...get over it. If she so happens to break up with her boyfriend, then you can think about going for her. If she says no, then move on.

And I'm not sure whether or not I can wholly relate, since I'm still a "Forever Alone"-type teenager where "love" is still a pretty alien term to me. The closest I've gotten is "fancying". For example, I kind of have a crush on this girl at my school, but I'm not really close friends with her and she's interested in another guy who's interested in her too, and they've kind of started a "friends with benefits" deal with each other.

Oh, and I'm terribly frigid, introverted, and have other problems to deal with before I can enter into a relationship, if I even could.

I'm in kinda similar situation except i'm not in Love with her, but she is everything to me. She knows how i feel but we decided to stay friends because both of us have had bad relationships in the past.

sephiroth1991:
I'm in kinda similar situation except i'm not in Love with her, but she is everything to me. She knows how i feel but we decided to stay friends because both of us have had bad relationships in the past.

You could just...do a "friends with benefits" deal. As I aforementioned, that's what two of my friends are doing at the moment because they've got too much on the plot to emotionally invest themselves in relationships, so they just want to have fun. It'd be something of an outlet for your feelings.

And it can work. It doesn't always have to make things awkward.

Story of my life, right there. The emotional/psychological/social damage incurred by rejection is too great to risk, until such a time comes where either I have nothing to lose, or everything is secure enough that I truly can't lose anything.

In the meantime, I do my best to simply refuse to feel that accursed emotion anymore, like quarantining an infected hospital ward. Don't mistake me for an emo, though. I simply will not allow one bad part of my life to swallow and destroy all the good I have.

Don't worry man, you'll get through this. I think almost everyone here can speak from experience, and I managed to move past it.
Probably the best thing to do is limit your time seeing her. Which I can understand sucks as advice.

Removed

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked