Ever had a nickname?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Daystar Clarion:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.

Probably better than them implying (or directly stating, I suppose) that you're a girly man. The downsides to unisex names that get used more for one gender than the other...
Which you're obviously not. All hail our Lord Daystar, the sexiest man alive.

OT: I've been called "Catlyn" (because I like cats) and "Bookworm" because I read books. It was incredibly irritating -_-

solemnwar:

Daystar Clarion:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.

Probably better than them implying (or directly stating, I suppose) that you're a girly man. The downsides to unisex names that get used more for one gender than the other...
Which you're obviously not. All hail our Lord Daystar, the sexiest man alive.

OT: I've been called "Catlyn" (because I like cats) and "Bookworm" because I read books. It was incredibly irritating -_-

Actually, in the UK, it's used more by guys than women, while the opposite seems to be true in NA.

When I started work for the first time; my coworkers decided to co opt an old name plate for me to use. But since they had never met me. They didn't know what name to put on it. One of them suggested Todd. and thus Todd I became.

then they noticed my user name was smackensen. so now my full name to everyone at work is Todd Smack-ensen

My name is Roderick but for as long as I can remember my family and friends have called me Roddy. I remember wondering once when I was in the 1st grade or something, "will I still have this silly nickname when I'm in (then inconceivable) high school?" Here I am almost done with college and it seems to have stuck. I supposed I'll check back in when I have my first kid.

Let's see, in secondary school my Gym teacher used to call me JC because those are my initials and the man was a fount of imagination.
They tried a number of nicknames when I started working 4 years ago. Eventually BJ stuck, most assume it simply stands for Big John, but the manager that came up with it claims it from a show about a trucker with a chimpanzee.

Hmm...

I was called Muffin through middle school cause, get this, people saw me buy a muffin! (*GASP*)

Half of High School was Doros, like Doritos, because of a printed error of my last name.

Now I'm Dan Brony because my friends have terrible ideas for names >_>

At summer camp one of the councilors took an interest in my skin. He inquired as to why I was so pale, I answered because I have a condition where my body doesn't use the iron properly to make my skin a normal colour. So he started calling me "Casper", one of my friends at the camp heard it, and it just sort of stuck. I don't mind it. It has grown on me.

EDIT: In case you don't get it, Casper is a ghost from a movie and cartoon series.

My name is Bernard. People call me Ben. Really original, i know.

My name is Josh. My nickname is Church. Not because of religion, but because I remind them of Church from Red vs. Blue.

Name is Samantha and I hate when people call me that (unless it's my SO) and would rather be called Sam. Somehow I got the nickname "Sammich" and by far it's the best nickname ever. :3

Im called Ned by everyone even though its not my actual first name, Last name is Mobus.

I've never been totally clear on the origins of any of these, friends just come up with them...
Ned-zepplin
Sick Ned
The Mobusmobile
The Mobius-strip

My name is Kevin and people call me Kevin Bacon or just Bacon.
I don't even think its really because of the actor, someone just called me Kevin Bacon one time and next thing I know it stuck.

Take a look at my username. There you have it.

I got it because I have curly hair.

My name is Christopher, people call me Chris. For real life interactions, thats fine.

But on Xbox Live, and here, I go by Texas Joker. People usually just call me Joker.

NOT ONCE HAS ANYONE CALLED ME TEX GODDAMNIT.

But a guy can dream.

"Boo" by my mother when I was very young, for some reason.. "Randi" in elementary school (supposed shortened form of my name, Miranda). There aren't many derivatives of Miranda, I suppose.

I don't have nicknames, just bad pronunciations of my name.

Xaio30:

Patrick Buck:

Xaio30:
"Sandy Swedish Barbarian".

Don't ask. Please.

I'm asking.
I'm putting it out there. I'm breaking the rules.
Why is your nickname "Sandy Swedish Barbarian"?

(I'm sorry.)

I am Swedish.
People in Sweden are uncivilized barbarians.
Sweden is also full of sand.
We invented the sand-mower.

Well that was a lot less dramatic than I was expecting. I was hoping for at least one, dark truth, and possible tears at horrible memorys. You disappoint me. >_<

Yes. Hobbit.

Because I was small. . . ish.

You'd think i'd hate it but it was eh.

Sure, I'm Chlöisu. Well, often it's said more like "Chlööööiiiiiissuuuuu!" It's alright if you can't pronounce it, and yeah, it's a little hard to explain.

My friends call me 'Brøddrengen' (The Breadboy in english).

It was a name that stuck after a funny incident at the introduction to our school.

A friend of mine and my cousin call me "Creator" sometimes as that's my screen name on everything (they don't pronounce the numbers). Everyone else usually calls me by my given name though.

My friends have a habbit of calling me mom, not sure why. Probably because I teach, but god knows. *Shrug*

I've had a few:

Delmar (which gets shortened to 'Delly')
Harry
Doctor
Boots

And my actual name is Matt. Go Figure.

In my parents town football team (the feet using one), I was called Ruud. Because one of the more influential members of the team thought I looked like Ruud van Nistelroy (Dutch football star).

FYI my name starts with an R but is otherwise nothing like it.

And in my D&D group we just reference eachother by the first letters of our name because we are fiendishly lazy like that.

My name, as seen somewhat left of here, is what most people call me, but they variate it with Benny Winkelman every now and again. Not that much of a nickname, because it doesn't really mean anything, other than that teachers sometimes have trouble recalling my exact name.

My real name is Edward, I get called Eddy by pretty much everyone except some of my teachers to whom i'm Peaches and one girl who calls me Teddy.

A friend of mine once remarked that I looked as though I had a monumental cock. The conversation then spiraled out of control, and we decided that I should be called Moby Dick. Since then I occasionally got called Moby, but it didn't really stay.

My full name is Sebastian but I stepped into highschool in year 7 (grade 6 to US/CA(I think)) and I was given Seb. Now only my family calls me by my full name, Sebastian. After moving to Canada in 2009 I'm still called Seb but I'm often called by my last name too. :)

My name is Sam Brady. And some people call me 'SB'.
People my age seriously lack imagination.

I once beat 6 more-athletic-than-me people in an decent length over-very-rough-terrain race by a landslide...

Someone said "Man, Fuck racing That Lanky Bastard"

...and here I am!

I read a lot of comics and play a lot of games.
I tell a lot of jokes and I'm called a lot of names.

What am I?

2 actually

One Was Key-To-The-Hoes since my last name was Kehoe

And the other was kickstand for a very flattering reason.

My nickname is used to address me more often then my real name. Seriously, everyone calls me by my nickname, and im planning on officially change my name to my nickname. It's Ronci, by the way

D, D-Man, or D-Bird, D came first because kids at the daycare I went to couldn't pronounce Darren so they just said D and later Man And Bird were added on for some reason.

In Highschool I was called "Lurch" from the Addam's Family. Now I am just called Matty as my group of friends has five Matt's in the group and I got Matty because it sounds french.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked