Small Soldiers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Who else remembers this film?

I loved it, it was the cash. Looking back though, I can see reasons people wouldn't like it...

Still, Chip Hazard was cool.

It was alright. I had an RTS tie-in game for my PC that I used to play when I was bored, and that was pretty fun too.

Oh, I do! I do! Childhood favourite, that one.

Who else remembers the game?

I remember it, my mom wouldn't let me see it.

Then I turned 10 several years later and she did.

I remember the movie. It was something about action figures that accidentally were given an AI. I don't remember the exact storyline but I remember liking it. I had it on VHS. God, now I feel old. I haven't seen anyone use a DVD in months and I'm talking about seeing movies on VHS.

Dude, you make an assload of cool threads. Keep it up.

*ahem*

Yeah, I remember Small Soldiers. It was awesome. One specific memory I have of it is my brother being genuinely terrified of the sequence where the Barbie dolls are melting and screaming with all that electricity and such. I didn't mind though.

I loved it, and the movie too! :D

When I was a little kid this was the best movie ever! I still have fond memories of it.

"Major Chip Hazard, reporting for duty!"

Good times.

Favorite part from the film?
"I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, so tell me what yo want, what you really really want!"
"I love this song!"

The scene is inexplicably not on Youtube. Sad.

God, I love Small Soldiers. I still have all of my Small Soldiers figures from when I was a kid. I had all the Gorgonites... except for Punch-it.

I actually went back and watched that movie again relatively recently. I was entertained.

yeti585:
I had it on VHS. God, now I feel old. I haven't seen anyone use a DVD in months and I'm talking about seeing movies on VHS.

I know what you mean. A few days ago I just found my old VCR in a drawer and I had to hook it up to the TV and start it with the first cassette that I could dig up - Innerspace (just like Small Soldiers a movie by Joe Dante btw).

O god! My eyes! Are they still bleeding?

I cannot believe that I could endure watching movies for literally days in this quality.

O yeah, Small Soldiers. Great movie, like all movies by Joe Dante.
The Commando Elite vs the Gorgonites was an interesting idea.
And now that I think about it, I have to go and look if I can get it on Bluray or at least on DVD.

Dr. Mongo:

yeti585:
I had it on VHS. God, now I feel old. I haven't seen anyone use a DVD in months and I'm talking about seeing movies on VHS.

I know what you mean. A few days ago I just found my old VCR in a drawer and I had to hook it up to the TV and start it with the first cassette that I could dig up - Innerspace (just like Small Soldiers a movie by Joe Dante btw).

O god! My eyes! Are they still bleeding?

I cannot believe that I could endure watching movies for literally days in this quality.

O yeah, Small Soldiers. Great movie, like all movies by Joe Dante.
The Commando Elite vs the Gorgonites was an interesting idea.
And now that I think about it, I have to go and look if I can get it on Bluray or at least on DVD.

I plan on making a Blu Ray collection of all my favorite films when I'm older, starting with my childhood ones. SS is definetely going in there =)

I've still got it on video tape bro. It was my favourite film when I was a kid.

Sean Hollyman:
I plan on making a Blu Ray collection of all my favorite films when I'm older, starting with my childhood ones. SS is definetely going in there =)

I'm absolutely doing that. My latest acquisitions were The Goonies and The Blues Brothers.
Btw I just found out that Small Soldiers is only available on DVD but that's a start.

Now if only Joe vs the Volcano would come out on Bluray.
That would definitely be a reason to open up a barrel.

Sean Hollyman:
Who else remembers this film?

I loved it, it was the cash. Looking back though, I can see reasons people wouldn't like it...

I re watched the film just over a month ago, I still love it :D

I do believe I have the PS1 game and the Gameboy game aswell, I shall have to track them down.

Yeah I remember that film. I think I was a fan of it since I remember hacing one of those sticker collection book and trying to get the remaining stickers but yet again I had own a few of those in the past.

I remember seeing that film as a kid and loving it. I liked the soldiers better than the other guys. Especially Chip Hazard.

If only the Army Men series got a movie this cool. :I

Z of the Na'vi:
Dude, you make an assload of cool threads. Keep it up.

*ahem*

Yeah, I remember Small Soldiers. It was awesome. One specific memory I have of it is my brother being genuinely terrified of the sequence where the Barbie dolls are melting and screaming with all that electricity and such. I didn't mind though.

I loved it, and the movie too! :D

Why thank you kind sir =)

Yeah that doll scene was horrifying. The fact that they were all bald made it worse.

I find people with no hair/eyebrows creepy :/

I remember it a little, I think I have seen it once when I was much younger. It reminds me of the movie 'The Indian in the Cupboard'. Another movie about figures coming to life.

Oddly enough, what the movie makes me think of is a certain time of my childhood. When I was im Grade 2 I was sent away to a special school for people with learning disabilities, the teachers of my regular elemantary school were fed up with me and even suggested to my mother that I should be put on ritalin. Which was out of the question!

I was at this special school for two years until the school board realised they fucked up when I became the smartest kid in the school. The work there was laughable. I don't regret it though, I went through a lot in that school. Met a lot of interesting kids, not that I know any of them anymore.

The reason I am thinking about this is because on one of my birthdays I invited a bunch of my other "special" classmates to my birthday party, as they had become the only friends I knew at the time.

One kid, I think his name was Jason, he had anger management problems and I almost didn't invite him on account of pounding my head into the ground of the school playground...anyway, Jason gave me a birthday present and it was a origami crane, but instead of regular paper, or whatever paper you are suppose to use for origami, he used a movie poster and it was the poster of Small Soldiers.

I still have that Small Soldiers themed Origami to this day, tucked away in my time capsule. Interesting memory to say the least.

I remember that. I loved it when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in a long ass time though.

I remember this, one of my favourite childhood films of the 90's, and don't mention VHS, god that makes me feel really old. Remember rewinding films at the end, or the disapointment when you inserted one and found it hadn't been rewound? Or the moving backwards and forwards when you paused? God how technology moves on. In years to come If I ever have kids I can just see how that conversation is going to go.

"What you didn't have HD holograms? God it must have been boring back then."
Kind of how I think about my parennts when they talk about their childhoods, "All we had were books," of course not forgeting the obligratory "Things were better back in the day," rose tinted glasses much?

I remember seeing it in theaters but don't remember owning it on video or DVD. I remember liking it alright but it wasn't something I was overly fond of.

i remember it, used to be hard watching it though as the only way to get Swedish speech was to rewind and fast forward several times until it finally was in Swedish, anyways i always liked the scene with the Barbie's, i dont know why but i liked how those barbies would despite being smaller always managed to bring her down and tie her up.

hey, I remember this movie XD I haven't seen it in... Many years XD Might have to see if I can find it somewhere...

Mr Cwtchy:
Oh, I do! I do! Childhood favourite, that one.

Who else remembers the game?

I loved that game. The multiplayer was excellent. I remember sinking many, many hours into it with a friend of mine. Good times.

I remember this! I went to the cinema for a friends birthday to watch it... I would have been 6! may have to seek it out to watch again someday xD

I think I only saw it like twice when I was younger and didn't really care for it.
Have no nostalgia tied to it or anything, thought I did have a bubble bath soap that was in a container that looked like the animal guy.

Yeah, I remember that. God, that movie was so awesome back when I was a kid. Even still kind of holds up today! (thought that might be the nostalgia talking XD)

I love video from the 90's because the music and fashion is amazing.

I wonder whatever happened to those poor little toys all alone on a little boat

Was a pretty great movie. I enjoyed it, had it on video :P

I remember being little i loved it right at the end where chip hazards head was all broken and glitched out("There will be nnoooOOOOO M-M-M-M-erccc..yyy....")
I always loved that kind of damaged machinery/robots type stuff when i was little, no idea why, i just though it was awesome. (maybe it's cause people would never be able to live through that kind of stuff, but machines like terminator and stuff were badass enough to just keep on coming)

Sean Hollyman:

Nick Nitro had the better name :P

This movie was the shit when I was a kid. Between it and Toy Story, I just watched it over and over.

I am archer leader of the gorgonites.

I remember having the toys the most. course I never got the rhino or eyeball

I remember my little sister watching it and thinking "Wait, apart from the leaders is that Spinal Tap versus The Dirty Dozen?" and it turns out, yes, yes it was.

Some_weirdGuy:
Was a pretty great movie. I enjoyed it, had it on video :P

I remember being little i loved it right at the end where chip hazards head was all broken and glitched out("There will be nnoooOOOOO M-M-M-M-erccc..yyy....")
I always loved that kind of damaged machinery/robots type stuff when i was little, no idea why, i just though it was awesome. (maybe it's cause people would never be able to live through that kind of stuff, but machines like terminator and stuff were badass enough to just keep on coming)

Sean Hollyman:

Nick Nitro had the better name :P

Butch Meathook was cooler ;)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked