And now I just dont know anymore. Bus monitor gets harassed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

DressedInRags:
Because punishment for the sake of simply making a kid who misbehaved feel bad isn't worth a fucking damn.

Actually, I have disagree on this one point.

"Feeling bad" for what you did wrong is absolutely critical to the development of the empathy you trumpeted earlier in your post. Guilt is the cornerstone of remorse, and remorse is one of the foundational building blocks of empathy -- it's often the first and most powerful sign that we, as developing people, are aware of and considering the feelings of others.

If we don't feel bad for the things we do wrong, we don't really ever register them as wrong. Which means we don't stop doing them. And it certainly means we don't learn to judge the impact of our actions on others before doing them.

In fact, there are plenty of folks in the field of developmental psychology who believe we're letting too many kids go for too long without developing that sense of remorse, which really should begin in pre-verbal children. As a result, we're handicapping their ability to develop empathy. In essence, we are raising quasi-sociopaths.

Ultratwinkie:
snip

And I think that may well be worse than the actions the kids themselves committed. Sure, they're little pricks and need to be disciplined for that crap, but a little verbal abuse does not warrant ruining their entire fucking lives. They need to be taught a lesson in respect and tolerance, not be completely broken down. Jesus fucking Christ, internet vigilantism is the worst kind.

Dastardly:
DISAGREE: What has changed is the parental and public reaction to this kind of behavior. While kids haven't changed, parents have changed a lot. Now more than ever, "armchair shrink" parents are making excuses for their kids by quoting quasi-scientific articles they've read.

That's not true. Kids used to be this and a lot worse, except it would come out in different areas because adults used violence and oppression readily to demark what kids could and couldn't do. There was still asshole behaviour, a lot worse even, except kids had to find different situations to pick on others.

manic_depressive13:
That wasn't very nice of them but I'm finding it hard to care considering she's getting over a hundred thousand dollars for enduring ten minutes of bullying. Yo world, where's my fucking money?

Ditto. All I could offer you right now is a handful of couch change and a half-empty bag of Cheezits.

I tried to watch the video, but I couldn't even make it through the first two minutes before outright rage set in. Rage at those idiotic little monsters and rage at their failures of parents. Things like that strike a nerve with me; I can't tolerate anyone who would bully someone else like that, because that's what it is: bullying. I don't care if they're kids either. They deserve to be slapped and, if they'd been my kids, I'd be bringing out the belt.

I'm pretty sure that someone may cry foul for the belt comment, and that's totally their right to do so, but when I was their age, if I treated Anyone that badly, I wouldn't be sitting comfortably for a month. But you know what? I learned from things like that and looking back, I'm a better person for it.

Parents these days, though-- not all of them, thankfully; some are actually behaving like parents instead of their kids' best buddy-- seem to think that it's perfectly fine to allow 'precious snowflake' to do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want. Spankings are now called 'abuse' and there doesn't seem to be any sense of discipline at all. Something like that isn't 'kids being kids' and I think the parents deserve a good slap themselves for letting their kids become the little monsters in that video. I mean, hell, there have been times when I've been outright cussed out by some little punkass kid.

I hope karma catches those little brats right in the teeth and teaches them that bullying others is intolerable. Hell, I hope that when they're older, if they're still walking around thinking they can do whatever they want without consequence, someone else treats them as badly as they treated that woman.

Sorry for the rant, and it's only my opinion, but yeah... crap like that strikes a really big nerve for me.

Dastardly:

SaneAmongInsane:
It's her job, that shit comes with the territory and if she has thin skin she should let someone tougher take the gig.

No, it doesn't come with the territory. She's there as a monitor to make sure no one is doing anything unsafe on the bus, not to endure taunts from little piss-heads. Just because we might "expect" that kind of shit from kids doesn't mean we excuse it.

Also from my experience as a kids, kids tend to only be disrespectful towards the adults that act authoritarian and/or treat them as kids.

Sorry, but there isn't even the scent of reality anywhere on this statement. Kids aren't known for being incredibly rational in their value judgments of other human beings. What you've basically put forth is that kids are going to like adults who let them do whatever they want, but that's just not how it works.

Teachers, parents, they're here to make sure kids are getting and doing what they need, which occasionally means getting in the way of what those kids want. And the kids? Yeah, they'll be unhappy and throw little tantrums about it, because they are immature. And while we understand that they are, in fact, immature, that doesn't mean we should validate that kind of behavior.

Instead, the kids need to grow the hell up.

Can't blame the kids, fuckers aren't even allowed to listen to their own ipod during their fucking lunch. Class, yeah I understand. Even the hallways to a lesser extent. But during your lunch period? We were always told it was because we were suppose to socialize but what if we didn't want to socialize?

And there's my point: Just because a kid is old enough to have an opinion doesn't mean the kid has Clue #1 about what is good for them in the long run. A kid might want to sit and be anti-social, but that's not necessarily good for them. A kid might want to eat nothing but Twinkies every day, too. Should we let them, since they know so much?

(Not that I agree with a school policy about not having mp3 players during free time. As a teacher, I can tell you that disallowing the device isn't actively encouraging kids to be social, so it's not worth making an issue of it. But I'm qualified to make a judgment like that, while a teenager is not.)

For fucks sake, don't be one of those folks that dissects and argument bit by bit. Just quote what I wrote and write a response underneath. It's fucking annoying. (not an attack at you sir, I just hate that posting style.)

*rolls eyes* If I become a cop, getting shot out and hearing cries of "FUCK THA POLICE" comes with the territory. If I choose to be soldier, taking someones life comes with the territory. If I'm watching little kids, getting called juvenile names comes with that territory. So no, you're wrong.

Kids are just people. Clearly you've never worked in retail or security (or in a nursing home) and have had to deal with costumers that don't get their way cause yeah, adults act out in the same way too. Treat people like people, yeah the authorities job is to give these kids what they need rather then what they want, but it's easier to get kids (and people in general) to do what you want them to do when you grease the wheels a bit and don't be a hardass. I always took direction better from the people that assured me that they where just doing their jobs to earn their paychecks then the jerks that would stare down at me from their position of inscrutable power and say they were right simply because school policy said though.

Dude I was 18 in my senior year of high school. Legally old enough to smoke, have sex, and be drafted into the war. If I committed murder at that age, I'd be tried as an adult. Who is the school/faculty/anyone to say that at that point that I don't have the right to listen to my ipod during my free period?

I'll even stand to say, a lot of the faculty bring this kind of derelict behavior on themselves because they treat kids as less than human. I once got into a heated argument when I was brought to the main office and was being forcibly being given detention for cutting a class that I didn't cut. It was bullshit, I was properly signed out and some fuckhead didn't do the paperwork right. I argued this point and asked to call my mom, and I was told that this wasn't a trial and that I was going to get detention regardless. I literally had to cause a scene and force them to check with the attendance office and even after being proven I was right the fucking cunt handling it didn't have the proper fucking courtesy to apologize... Why? Cause in the mind of all these teachers and principals the kids are never in a position where they're actually right. #RantOver

Would like to know age of OP? For all I know, you're the generation now growing up below me, which as I now understand it gives me total right to call you a self entitled little shit.

Or maybe the older generation will always look down on the younger generation, like the parents in the 40s thinking Elvis would corrupt their youth, or parents in the 50s thinking black people making music would lead to America's downfal, or how parents in the 60s thought that drugs and free love would lead to an unfocused generation, or how parents in the 70s who were children in the 50s thought that the debauchery of rock and roll proved that while it was wholesome when Elvis did it, it had been taken too far, or how parents in the 80s who were children in the 60s thought that society was too materialistic now and their children had no concept of hardship.

Or maybe how parents in the 90s who were children in the 70s (seeing a pattern maybe) thought that the lack of any significant social change meant their children would grow up entitled, or how parents in the 00s who were children in the 80s think that the rapid expansion of the internet society and videogaming is going to corrupt the youth and oh look we've come full circle.

In 20-30 years I can all but guarentee you that the children in that video, and any other children being accused of being involved in whatever the current downfall of society is now, will be lamenting how the children of 2022 are growing up as entitled little shits.

Every single generation there have been bad eggs who make the majority look bad, and every generation there have been adults and parents who have overreacted spectacularly, only to look ridiculous when the generation they are criticising grows up and starts attacking their own children. The only way to look not like a nostalgic conservative who can't read history? Try and remember what you were like as a child, and all of the horrible things you did, and think twice before you throw the first stone.

Blablahb:

ninjaRiv:
Any chance someone can give me the "highlights?" I'd like to get pissed off and make jokes about youths but I'm not able to watch youtube videos at work.

Kids in bus make fun of fat old lady. America all pissed off.

In other news, five people shot dead today, ten died from not being able to afford healthcare, Americans don't care. Just another day in Hypocritistan.

Krion_Vark:
As for discussion value what would you do if you were the parents to any of the kids involved.

Compliment them on their ability to tell fat people from thin ones? Seriously, people expect to overeat every day untill they get huge and never hear a word about it?

Yes, it's pretty rude, but everybody responding above here is heavily overreacting.

Also it's kind of ironic to see internet trolls do exactly the same to kids who at least have the balls to troll people to their face. Hypocrisy much?

i followed your point and even halfly agreed, right up until you starting in on the "overeating". I'm happy that you were blessed with a god-like metabolism, but not all of us were. I seriously hardly eat (i don't starve myself, i just don't have much of an appetite.) and i'm overweight. some people have health issues they can't control. you have no fucking evidence that this woman is an overeater. i'm not saying she's not, but who the fuck are you to just assume she is? as much as your first few lines showed some sort of better insight into the REAL problems in America, your next few lines show that you're one of the people perpetrating those same problems. you're ignorant and presumptious and arrogant.

There are people in my life who genuinely can't wrap their heads around why I don't want children.

To those people... This is why! This is children!

If I were the parent, that kid better be kissing goodbye to... Most of his privileges and possessions.

Computer? Confiscated.

Cell phone? Sold.

Posters? Taken down

Books? Confiscated.

Video Games? Kiss these goodbye

I'd only be done once his room looks completely blank and undecorated with the exception of a lamp, a desk, and a bed.

Blablahb:

ninjaRiv:
Any chance someone can give me the "highlights?" I'd like to get pissed off and make jokes about youths but I'm not able to watch youtube videos at work.

Kids in bus make fun of fat old lady. America all pissed off.

In other news, five people shot dead today, ten died from not being able to afford healthcare, Americans don't care. Just another day in Hypocritistan.

Krion_Vark:
As for discussion value what would you do if you were the parents to any of the kids involved.

Compliment them on their ability to tell fat people from thin ones? Seriously, people expect to overeat every day untill they get huge and never hear a word about it?

Yes, it's pretty rude, but everybody responding above here is heavily overreacting.

Also it's kind of ironic to see internet trolls do exactly the same to kids who at least have the balls to troll people to their face. Hypocrisy much?

Blab, sometimes you're smart and sometimes you're just really really dumb. So you have no idea is this 68 year old woman is overweight cause of being a glutton, age, or what. The fact she's working at any job kinda indicates she's not the stuff her face till she bursts type. I don;'t see a lot of 68 year old bodybuilders. Yes there are a few... but not many. A lot of eldetrly people who are active are fat just because their body metabolism slows down. And god forbid she has any form of medical condition that makes her gain weight or prevents her from working out to lose what weight she gains. The fact you seem to to be ok with the kids making fun of her weight and then blaming her because she's overweight kinda sicken me.

You don't seem to be a jerk, but the way you post certainly makes you out to be one sometimes.

EDIT: Kinda strange the kids never saw that they were being recorded or thougth it would come back to haunt them. Are kids so used ot their gizmos they can;t fathom they can be used against them?

344k now.. that's one hell of a vacation.

Ultratwinkie:

John Daigle:

Ultratwinkie:
Guys. I have some news for you.

Since this was posted on facebook, they had their info posted real quick.

The internet now has their phone numbers and their names. It will be short work until they have the rest of their info.

These dumbshits didn't think posting this on facebook, a stockpile of all your information, was a bad idea.

So now not only did she get 100k, but those assholes will receive the Jesse Slaughter treatment.

They will basically be attacked on the internet, attacked in real life, and the info of their family will be hacked too. Bank accounts being emptied, Facebook being hacked, real life harassment, etc. The most unimaginable torture you will have to endure for the rest of your life because your info will be in the public eye.

EDIT: Guys, this is big. 4Chan has just formed a group called "Avenging the bus monitor." It really is going to be the end for these boys.

I don't post often, but I just have to say...Justice is served. Granted, attacking the parents bank accounts is a bit too far, but that's 4chan for you, either an all out attack or nothing.

The best part is the kids are so afraid they had to get police officers to sit outside their houses. They can't even leave their home.

that news has made my day, I always love when the asshats in my generation get thought about consequences, as those are the only way to make not nice people act nice.

This aimed at those saying that if they were the parent the kid would never have done that: I read something rather interesting concerning psychological makeup but in genetic terms - the environment you're raised in does not particularly contribute to your personality. Inherited psychological traits definitely do.

Saying "if I was the parent that would never have happened" may actually be true then, but not in the way you'd think.

Krion_Vark:
I really hate this current generation that is growing up. They are mostly self entitled little shits. This though this is just down right disgusting.

There is also an Indiegogo going to give her a vaction and has already raised 100k of the wanted 5k.

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein

I thought it was already over 200k.

Good on Matt Lauer(?) for his comment to parents of the kids on T.V.

ultrachicken:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Krion_Vark:
I really hate this current generation that is growing up. They are mostly self entitled little shits.

Lawl, I dislike you as much as the kids in the video right now. A lot.

Agreed.

Thirded. This shit has always and will always happen.

And this is really why parents should be allowed to give their kids a smack.
Because, there are just some kids out there who really really deserve one, more than one. Hard ones too.

Ultratwinkie:
Awesome news

But thank god these little bastards are as stupid as they are despicable wastes of skin. Looks like their lives are completely ruined now; hope it was worth it for them.

Nouw:
"They are mostly self entitled little shits." When I become an adult, I can imagine myself saying that too.

That's some true wisdom right there.

Kids are kids. I'm a kid, I certainly am not as malicious as these kids (at least I hope I'm not) but as generations past and generations to come, kids will just be the children they are.

Can't wait to see how these "people" will turn out once they actually have to provide for themselves... and vote...

Actually I can wait.

ultrachicken:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Krion_Vark:
I really hate this current generation that is growing up. They are mostly self entitled little shits.

Agreed.

Bertylicious:
Some kids, some people even, are pretty nasty to other people. That's just the way things are and the way they have always been, things have not suddenly degenerated. If anything they're getting better.

Also this.

Basically, the kids in the video are assholes and the OP thinks his/her generation is superior simply because he/she was born into it. Not much more to say.

That's not true, he thinks his generation is superior because it is. The current generation of kids is growing up dehumanized by remote communication. Soon, the little bastards won't even know how to talk to another human being face to face. Those kids in that video are sociopathic, and thats the fucking norm for their age group. Open your eyes.

I would destroy anything I got them.

TV's, laptop or desktop, game console, MP3 player, phone, all of it would die by hammer or shotgun.

They would not be allowed any of that shit until they moved out of the house.

Second, I would force them to wear a pink dress to school and checking up on them after every class to make sure they are still wearing said dress.

Taking the bus? nope.avi

Not anymore, they would be forced to walk to school, regardless of how far it is, in said dress.

I would follow them to and from school to make sure they walked the entire way.

I would then proceed to ask the school, publicly, to place my kid in Special Education because obviously he is retarded to think it is fun to make fun of people, let alone an elderly woman who works as a bus monitor.

Seriously, the parents of those little shits should be ashamed of themselves, I hope that the kids get suspended or expelled.

Hopefully some Internet Superhero can find the kids on facebook and post their dox so they can see how real harassment plays out.

Lol anonymous is my hero. Ncie to see the littler shits getting what they deserve.

Also, Donated $30 to the cause. :)

DRes82:

ultrachicken:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Agreed.

Bertylicious:
Some kids, some people even, are pretty nasty to other people. That's just the way things are and the way they have always been, things have not suddenly degenerated. If anything they're getting better.

Also this.

Basically, the kids in the video are assholes and the OP thinks his/her generation is superior simply because he/she was born into it. Not much more to say.

That's not true, he thinks his generation is superior because it is. The current generation of kids is growing up dehumanized by remote communication. Soon, the little bastards won't even know how to talk to another human being face to face. Those kids in that video are sociopathic, and thats the fucking norm for their age group. Open your eyes.

You forgot to say "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!"

Dr Jones:

Krion_Vark:
I really hate this current generation that is growing up. They are mostly self entitled little shits. This though this is just down right disgusting.

Well a' screw you too, good sir! I've never seen anything like that in a public bus, and if I did, i bet your ass at least 10 people would go up to the kids and throw em out.

(For the mods: He started it, man! He insulted me and my generation!)

Well at least he's not TOO far from the truth :P

Same, if we saw something like that going on we'd stop it immediately, that's just too much, and in Florida that's saying something.

Dastardly:

DressedInRags:
Because punishment for the sake of simply making a kid who misbehaved feel bad isn't worth a fucking damn.

Actually, I have disagree on this one point.

"Feeling bad" for what you did wrong is absolutely critical to the development of the empathy you trumpeted earlier in your post. Guilt is the cornerstone of remorse, and remorse is one of the foundational building blocks of empathy -- it's often the first and most powerful sign that we, as developing people, are aware of and considering the feelings of others.

If we don't feel bad for the things we do wrong, we don't really ever register them as wrong. Which means we don't stop doing them. And it certainly means we don't learn to judge the impact of our actions on others before doing them.

In fact, there are plenty of folks in the field of developmental psychology who believe we're letting too many kids go for too long without developing that sense of remorse, which really should begin in pre-verbal children. As a result, we're handicapping their ability to develop empathy. In essence, we are raising quasi-sociopaths.

Oh, I should have clarified. I don't mean "feeling bad" as in trying to prevent them from feeling remoreseful.

I mean that when we punish, the punishment shouldn't simply be responding to misbehavior by causing the kid displeasure, physical or emotional, that doesn't serve soem kind of purpose.

Trying to punish a kid in a way that makes them understand about feeling remorse is one thing, and I absolutely agree with you on that. What I meant (and I should have been clearer on this) was a response to those people who view the displeasure punishment itself as the primary consequence, i.e. "you do this, you get a smack on the wrist, either metaphorically or physically, so toe the fucking line".

I should have said that I believe punishment SHOULD cause an errant kid to "feel bad", but in the sense that it should encourage them to feel bad on their own without the intervention of an authority, not just cause temporary displeasure as a means of providing consequence.

To put it simply: compare a human being who only shows empathy and decency out of fear of the consequences of not doing so to a human being who shows empathy and decency because they were raised to, and would follow them regardless of whether or not there would be consequences. Those who fit the former category have usually either failed or been failed by their parents/guardians

The latter is always more desirable, and punishment should be used as a means of discipline and encouragement for those positive traits, rather than a consequence for exhibiting a lack of them.

It's just like in the movies. I thought people would come up with smarter lines... Though I guess you have to be kind of stupid to bully random people in the first place

SaneAmongInsane:
For fucks sake, don't be one of those folks that dissects and argument bit by bit. Just quote what I wrote and write a response underneath. It's fucking annoying. (not an attack at you sir, I just hate that posting style.)

I do it because it helps ensure I'm organizing my thoughts properly, and so there's no confusion what I'm responding to -- we're not the only ones reading this conversation, let's assume.

*rolls eyes* If I become a cop, getting shot out and hearing cries of "FUCK THA POLICE" comes with the territory. If I choose to be soldier, taking someones life comes with the territory. If I'm watching little kids, getting called juvenile names comes with that territory. So no, you're wrong.

Not so. See, if I'm a cop or a soldier (or working in retail, etc., like you mention), I'm dealing with other adults. Assholes though they may be, it's not my place to judge or correct their behavior or manners. A cop can arrest someone for doing something illegal, not just for doing something rude.

But as a teacher, teacher assistant, or other adult monitor in a school setting, you're an adult in charge of students. Then, it is your place to judge and correct that behavior. That is what "comes with the territory."

I always took direction better from the people that assured me that they where just doing their jobs to earn their paychecks then the jerks that would stare down at me from their position of inscrutable power and say they were right simply because school policy said though.

Clearly you've never been a teacher. Sorry, but with 50 kids in the room (And make no mistake, I have that every day), there just isn't time to laboriously explain myself to each and every child. Adults, that's another matter -- we're on equal footing. But, sorry, sometimes kids just have to accept that the adult is In Charge.

I let my kids know at the beginning of each year that I'm glad to explain myself. Later, in private. But during class? Nope. No time. I say it, you do it, ask about it later. 49 other kids in the room don't want you taking up their time with pointless questions (that pretty much always amount to stalling and trying to get out of work).

Dude I was 18 in my senior year of high school. Legally old enough to smoke, have sex, and be drafted into the war. If I committed murder at that age, I'd be tried as an adult. Who is the school/faculty/anyone to say that at that point that I don't have the right to listen to my ipod during my free period?

How's this: They're the people running the place. It's that simple. It doesn't matter to me if you're 8 or 80, if you come into my house and do something I don't want, you can either stop it or I'll make you leave. Because it ain't a partnership.

Congratulations that you can point to an instance when someone made the wrong call. When you're in charge of keeping track of a couple hundred folks at a time, see if you don't mess up every now and again. And that's the issue -- the whining child is only processing the situation from his egocentric point of view, while the adult is having to juggle a few dozen other people.

Jaeke:
Good on Matt Lauer(?) for his comment to parents of the kids on T.V.

Oooh, what did he say?

Ya the news just ran this story about a half hour ago. I'd really like to kick these kids ass'. A good beating from a random stranger about why they shouldn't do things like this to the old.
I don't tolerate elder abuse.

I really dislike how many assumptions a lot of these replies make. Like about the exact parenting style and how it's to blame. We have no information about how their parents treat them, some people immediately jump to the conclusion that it's a deficiency of beating them that must be causing it. And they villainize some other style of parenting as clearly being responsible when they don't even know what the parents actually are doing. Good grief, have some integrity people and can the blatant confirmation bias.

And all these claims that violence against these kids will suddenly make it all better. Yeah, sure, that's bound to make them feel guilty and improve them as opposed to making them just feel resentful. True remorse is taught through fear and pain obviously. We know that saints are always in constant fear of immediate retribution and that's what makes them so good. Right.

DRes82:

ultrachicken:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Agreed.

Bertylicious:

Also this.

Well you're not doing your generation much credit with your lack of evidence and what I hope is hyperbole.

Dastardly:

SaneAmongInsane:

I do it because it helps ensure I'm organizing my thoughts properly, and so there's no confusion what I'm responding to -- we're not the only ones reading this conversation, let's assume.

Not so. See, if I'm a cop or a soldier (or working in retail, etc., like you mention), I'm dealing with other adults. Assholes though they may be, it's not my place to judge or correct their behavior or manners. A cop can arrest someone for doing something illegal, not just for doing something rude.

But as a teacher, teacher assistant, or other adult monitor in a school setting, you're an adult in charge of students. Then, it is your place to judge and correct that behavior. That is what "comes with the territory."

I always took direction better from the people that assured me that they where just doing their jobs to earn their paychecks then the jerks that would stare down at me from their position of inscrutable power and say they were right simply because school policy said though.

Clearly you've never been a teacher. Sorry, but with 50 kids in the room (And make no mistake, I have that every day), there just isn't time to laboriously explain myself to each and every child. Adults, that's another matter -- we're on equal footing. But, sorry, sometimes kids just have to accept that the adult is In Charge.

I let my kids know at the beginning of each year that I'm glad to explain myself. Later, in private. But during class? Nope. No time. I say it, you do it, ask about it later. 49 other kids in the room don't want you taking up their time with pointless questions (that pretty much always amount to stalling and trying to get out of work).

How's this: They're the people running the place. It's that simple. It doesn't matter to me if you're 8 or 80, if you come into my house and do something I don't want, you can either stop it or I'll make you leave. Because it ain't a partnership.

Congratulations that you can point to an instance when someone made the wrong call. When you're in charge of keeping track of a couple hundred folks at a time, see if you don't mess up every now and again. And that's the issue -- the whining child is only processing the situation from his egocentric point of view, while the adult is having to juggle a few dozen other people.

It's incredibly aggravating to debate someone that way and comes across as disrespectful.

So basically children are human beings to you cause they're not 18 years old.

If you don't have the common courtesy to explain yourself then and there why should a child have the courtesy to follow your directions? Just accepting that an adult is incharge your breeding them either resentment towards proper authority or to blindly accept authority.

And now your generalizing your students. Gee tell me when you see bigger student in confrontation with a smaller one you also automatically assume the bigger one was the aggressor right?

Comparing it to your house implies there some sort of invitation. The education system is something the child is required by both law and society to attend to, so it's not like they have a choice. If the public school system wants to treat an 18 year old like a 16 year old they shouldn't be drafted into war or charged as an adult when they commit murder.

No congratulations on you, because I know my situation wasn't an isolated incident and your teaching style and the millions of other teachers that adopt that same attitude breed this cesspool.

Maybe instead of violence to solve the cruelty of the current generation (as every commenter on this story on other sites screams about allowing overzealous teachers to beat students with paddles) more kids should be sent to "scared straight" programs. It's pretty easy to see how quickly tough-guy teens crumble when a hardened convict is screaming at them. Let them get a taste of what real intimidation is, then see if they keep harassing old ladies.

A fund to send her on a nice vacation has raised $400,000 so far.

Nice to see that the internet isn't always bad.

That was a horrifying thing to listen to. But just imagine if this whole thing turns out to be a get-rich-quick scheme, which the kids, the YouTube poster, and the woman are all in on. The purpose being so that the woman can finally retire. If not, I can imagine someone trying similar in the future.

Sexy Devil:

Zhukov:

Krion_Vark:

People have been saying that for literally thousands of years.

The exact same thing was said about your generation and every generation before or since.

There's actually a documented version of this from like 730BC. Hesiod's Theogony has this crap about golden races and stuff and how we're the absolute worst of the worst. Yay for random college classes I take as broadening units teaching me stuff!

I actually remember reading about that. If current me met the me of 20 years ago I'd probably slap myself out of anger. Bloody little shit I was.

But seriously this generation is the worst in history ;-)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked