Really Stupid Things You've Heard/Read Someone Say

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Dangit2019:
"One Direction's just like the Beatles, only better!"

One Direction is a group of musicians that revolutionized rock and roll and experimented constantly? Interesting.

"Romeo and Juliet is stupid! Why don't we read Twilight?"

Because it's a literature class?

solemnwar:

i have seen this before, was it from a youtube vid? (if so which?)

personally i have heard a lot of stupid things heres some from school

During 9th grade physical science, a teacher related a few of his stories (he said he's actually going to make a book from it, and I don't doubt he'll fill one)

"So, what are we supposed to do during an earthquake while travelling by plane?"

and 5 years has been too long, can't remember the other one XD

uneek:

Dangit2019:

One Direction is a group of musicians that revolutionized rock and roll and experimented constantly? Interesting.

Because it's a literature class?

My response after reading that:

This thread looks more like a bunch of elitist pricks being generally elitist pricks rather than actually discussing stupid things.
Count me in!
Someone once tried to convince me that all these Xbox 720 screenshots. were real. I mean, what the fuck, can't the guy get a little bit more fucking informed? What are worthless piece of subhuman trash he was, obviously it was fucking fan made. Stupid piece of shit thinking it was the new Xbox.

WaitWHAT:
Weighing 130 pounds at age 13? I apologize you little twat. You're some fat-assed big fucking dumbass cunt? who can't get off his fat shit to answer the doorbell. Your stomach has a larger circumference than a fucking wooly mammoth. You fatass shit, get out of your fucking house and do something with your life besides coming home from school and jacking off, then sitting your ass on the computer all day ignoring your parents and having them bring dinner into you room. You stupid little faggot.*
---
Shut your fucking mouth you fatass pothead. Get the fuck out of our nation, we don't want idiotic shitheads like you fucking up? and polluting our world with your overweight obese sociopath nature. Go to Soviet Russia or whatever the fuck you want, hell, go rot in Australia for all I care and get killed by a poisonous snake. Now GTFO you faggot.*
---

The starred ones were provably written by a 14-year-old who claimed to have military training in "Gorilla warfare", who was more than happy to settle this to 'ur fucking fac' [sic].

Was that from a picture post that called military people welfare queens? I remember somebody saying that they had training in the arts of Gorilla Warfare, and he threatened to cyberstalk and then headshot somebody who didn't agree with his opinion. :D

Anyways, the first time that my nephew drove with his mom, upon getting into the driver's seat, he said "The brake's on the right, right?". Not as idiotic as some other posts here, but it got a good laugh out of me.

Lumber Barber:
This thread looks more like a bunch of elitist pricks being generally elitist pricks rather than actually discussing stupid things.
Count me in!
Someone once tried to convince me that all these Xbox 720 screenshots. were real. I mean, what the fuck, can't the guy get a little bit more fucking informed? What are worthless piece of subhuman trash he was, obviously it was fucking fan made. Stupid piece of shit thinking it was the new Xbox.

At least it wasn't one girl who I knew. I was in middle school and talking about Metroid Prime was for the gamecube. One girl who saw Drake and Josh said immediatly "Don't you mean a game sphere? Thats a good game right?"

This is a game sphere (What josh is holding):

It does not exist in the real world. Nor does it have the ability to talk to you. Nor does it have games installed on it nor is it given to a person 5 MONTHS BEFORE RELEASE DATE.

Terminate421:

Lumber Barber:
Count me in!

At least it wasn't one girl who I knew. I was in middle school and talking about Metroid Prime was for the gamecube. One girl who saw Drake and Josh said immediatly "Don't you mean a game sphere? Thats a good game right?"

It does not exist in the real world. Nor does it have the ability to talk to you. Nor does it have games installed on it nor is it given to a person 5 MONTHS BEFORE RELEASE DATE.

That's actually hilarious. Then again, I've seen quite a few episodes of Drake and Josh (enough to say that Josh Peck is an extremely underrated actor), so maybe that colors my perception a bit.

thebobmaster:

Terminate421:

Lumber Barber:
Count me in!

That's actually hilarious. Then again, I've seen quite a few episodes of Drake and Josh (enough to say that Josh Peck is an extremely underrated actor), so maybe that colors my perception a bit.

I didn't mind the show, at times it was funny. though to be fair there are times where they could easily make money off of product placement and instead they just parody every single brand by wasting money. Then it annoys me to hear "Pintendo GS" when its clearly a Gameboy Advanced SP.

Snake Plissken:
"Anime is good."

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I must point out that saying all anime is bad is like saying all western cartoons are bad.

Also, check out Naoki Urasawa's "Monster".

thebobmaster:

Dangit2019:
My English class was full of the stereotypical twi-tard, Bieber-worshiping idiots that people associate with today's youth. Here's a few gems:

"Why are we even reading this story? Its all sad and depressing!"

I would go on, but I fear that more quotes would infringe on my fellow Escapists' sanity.

To be fair, I agree with the second quote, minus the Twilight sentiment. Romeo and Juliet was vastly overrated. It's an ephebophile who decides he has found the girl of his dreams a couple of weeks after breaking up with his last girl of his dreams, and eventually killing a man to save her, then killing himself over her corpse. Charming.

That's because you are reading it as a romance story which it isn't. It was written as basically "lol look at how stupid teen romance is" and not as "awww they are so much in love".

pffh:

thebobmaster:

Dangit2019:
My English class was full of the stereotypical twi-tard, Bieber-worshiping idiots that people associate with today's youth. Here's a few gems:

I would go on, but I fear that more quotes would infringe on my fellow Escapists' sanity.

To be fair, I agree with the second quote, minus the Twilight sentiment. Romeo and Juliet was vastly overrated. It's an ephebophile who decides he has found the girl of his dreams a couple of weeks after breaking up with his last girl of his dreams, and eventually killing a man to save her, then killing himself over her corpse. Charming.

That's because you are reading it as a romance story which it isn't. It was written as basically "lol look at how stupid teen romance is" and not as "awww they are so much in love".

Try telling that to my English teacher.

"Japan's just afraid of us and hates us because we nuked them and they know we can do it again. Damn commies." from a kid in one of my high school math classes. I wanted to slap him across the face so hard.

Someone commented on a video on Youtube (where else?) that the planet has "less than 2 million people on it."

While most-tempted to consider it a troll, it really wouldn't surprise me if someone truly was this fucking stupid.

Edit -- Well, fancy that. Seems to be the same person OP encountered. :P

Snake Plissken:
"Anime is good."

Now now, I really don't like watching Anime because the art style just makes me cringe. But I'm not gonna call everyone who likes it stupid, because obviously they like it because the art style doesn't make them cringe and they may even like the art style. Or the writing or something like that.

OT: In fucking year 10 english someone asked "What's spelling". Seriously, how can you be that stupid?

uneek:

SomeLameStuff:
'The first 3 Twilight Films are better than the original Star Wars Trilogy' - Mark Kermode

*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*

Well, he is entitled to his opinion. But, I do agree that saying it out loud is pretty stupid.

In fairness Kermode takes things in very relative terms. The genre and what the film was actually trying to do is as important to him as the film itself. He absolutely hates Star Wars, thinking it pussified pulp sci-fi (not his exact words).

TBH I think he's giving the director way too much credit. But Kermode at least backs his opinions up.

Spot1990:

uneek:

SomeLameStuff:
'The first 3 Twilight Films are better than the original Star Wars Trilogy' - Mark Kermode

*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*

Well, he is entitled to his opinion. But, I do agree that saying it out loud is pretty stupid.

In fairness Kermode takes things in very relative terms. The genre and what the film was actually trying to do is as important to him as the film itself. He absolutely hates Star Wars, thinking it pussified pulp sci-fi (not his exact words).

TBH I think he's giving the director way too much credit. But Kermode at least backs his opinions up.

To quote Roger Ebert, "It's not what the film is about. It's how the film is about it."

Okay, here's a curve ball for you guys seeing as this is neither intrinsically spoken or written, but may I present this video of an air-headed ditz attempting to play Portal 2.

The original video without the third-party commentary has now been made private. Gee, I wonder why.

Apparently this dumb broad is some sort of internet celebrity, but I'd never heard of her until I stumbled across this video after watching a video posted from the same user during the Tropes v. Women nuclear flame war about sexism that just occurred here. And yes, I'm aware that calling a woman a "dumb broad" is inherently sexist, but hoo-boy does this gal deserve the title. She clearly doesn't know how to think with portals... minus the "with portals" part.

thebobmaster:

Spot1990:

uneek:

To quote Roger Ebert, "It's not what the film is about. It's how the film is about it."

It's actually why Kermode and Ebert are my favourite critics. I disagree with them a hell of a lot but at the same time movies I like that other critics slate (the remake of Arthur for instance) tend to get good reviews from those two for mostly the same reasons I like them simply because they know you don't measure every film by the same metric. Ebert gave American Reunion 3 out of 4 stars for christ's sake. While our own Movie Bob refused to even review it because of what it's about and the kind of movie it is. They're generally where you should go for slightly offbeat or genre films because they won't automatically slate it just for being the kind of movie it is. Also they make me reconsider movies I hated and even if I still don't like it I come away seeing some merit.

solemnwar:
People say dumb things. It happens.

But sometimes they say just mind-bogglingly stupid things that make you stare at them (or the screen) in utter shock and you pray to god they're trolling you. Youtube is a really good hotbed for these I've noticed.

I'm PRETTY damn sure this is a form of trolling as I've seen it more than once now, but here's my contribution:

So, Escapist, give me your examples. I want to give myself brain damage from facepalming! It an be online or offline, with friends or complete strangers. Politicians, rednecks, teachers- anyone is fair game.

Did that happen to be a comment on youtube to a CaptainSparkelz video? Because that was going to be what I said...

Spot1990:

thebobmaster:

Spot1990:

It's actually why Kermode and Ebert are my favourite critics. I disagree with them a hell of a lot but at the same time movies I like that other critics slate (the remake of Arthur for instance) tend to get good reviews from those two for mostly the same reasons I like them simply because they know you don't measure every film by the same metric. Ebert gave American Reunion 3 out of 4 stars for christ's sake. While our own Movie Bob refused to even review it because of what it's about and the kind of movie it is. They're generally where you should go for slightly offbeat or genre films because they won't automatically slate it just for being the kind of movie it is. Also they make me reconsider movies I hated and even if I still don't like it I come away seeing some merit.

Well, Moviebob did review "That's My Boy" on his column last week saying that while he didn't like it, he thought it was good for what it was. He doesn't dismiss movies, he just chooses which ones he prefers to see. Something he doesn't get to do a lot as a critic.

thebobmaster:

Snake Plissken:
"Anime is good."

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I must point out that saying all anime is bad is like saying all western cartoons are bad.

Both of which are wrong, of course.

Terminate421:

thebobmaster:

Terminate421:

I didn't mind the show, at times it was funny. though to be fair there are times where they could easily make money off of product placement and instead they just parody every single brand by wasting money. Then it annoys me to hear "Pintendo GS" when its clearly a Gameboy Advanced SP.

That's Dan Schneider for you. He still does that with iCarly and Victorious. You seriously see every Apple product with a pear on it.

EeveeElectro:

Also this girl.
There's no way someone that fucking stupid can function properly.

How the fuck does she have nearly 40,000 followers?! I actually tweet about more than one topic, and I have 40!

EDIT: I looked down, and saw this:
""It's everyone's own decision to be that. It doesn't affect me." - Justin Bieber about gays. Okay I don't hate gays anymore, sorry! <3 "
DAFUQ?! NO. No. Fucking. Way.

OT: I tend to forget that dumb things people say, for my own sanity. I did get asked by someone why laptops don't charge while in sleep mode, if they're not plugged in. *headdesk*

EeveeElectro:
'Do girls go to the bathroom together to sync up their periods?'

Yep. It happens just like an iPod.

Also this girl.

She tweeted this gem around ten hours ago:

"I have nothing against gays, I just don't how you can be gay since it spreads AIDS. Do you want humanity to die out? #SpreadLoveNotAids"

There are no facepalms hard enough.

uneek:

Spot1990:

thebobmaster:

Well, Moviebob did review "That's My Boy" on his column last week saying that while he didn't like it, he thought it was good for what it was. He doesn't dismiss movies, he just chooses which ones he prefers to see. Something he doesn't get to do a lot as a critic.

Did you see his review for the Raid? He spends like a quarter of that saying he isn't going to review American Reunion basically because "fuck American Reunion and fuck anything that reminds me high school is a thing." It's not that he didn't like it that bothered me, hell I didn't see it.

Iron Criterion:

EeveeElectro:
'Do girls go to the bathroom together to sync up their periods?'

Yep. It happens just like an iPod.

Also this girl.

She tweeted thus gem about 10 hours ago:

"I have nothing against gays, I just don't how you can be gay since it spreads AIDS. Do you want humanity to die out? #SpreadLoveNotAids"

There are no facepalms hard enough.

No, even better. 8 hours ago: ""It's everyone's own decision to be that. It doesn't affect me." - Justin Bieber about gays. Okay I don't hate gays anymore, sorry! <3 "
WHAT?!

Schindler's list is a black comedy -Girl in class
World War 2 never happened because Germany isn't a country -Girl in my class (yes im serious)
Teacher: Christianity is the only right religion and every other religion is Devil worship
Teacher: Well i asked the kid if he was bullying you, he said no. so you get a Detention for lying

[Reading about the Pol Pot as a class] Why didn't Pol pot have a Twitter --Different girl in another school in my class

Dangit2019:

Ow, ow, ow!!!
That actually hurt to read...

Thing is, I do agree with "Romeo and Juliet is stupid!" Only that part of the sentence. Mainly because I think every character, except the priest, is totally stupid.

I'd say most user criticisms of Prometheus. Not hatin' just statin'.

ParanoidEngineer:
Oh dear Lord, these people are just... wow...

OT: Okay, from Year 9 Geography (that's 13-14 year old schooling in the UK)

Teacher: "Okay, lable the countries listed on your map and explain how music effects them" or something.

The countries were Brazil, Canada, The US, and India.

The girl next to me leans over, points to South America, and says "That's the US right?"
I then say "Okay... what about the others?"
She then says that Canada is where the US actually is, that South Africa is Inda, and that Brazil is China.

I just... I have no words.

I had similar problems in my World History class, none of mine own mind you but on every test our teacher would put up a map and ask us to label the countries we had gone over in class and the people around me could almost never get more than 5 out of 15 correct. Some couldn't figure out where France was, were North Korea was, or Italy. It was so irritating because geography ought to be easier for college freshmen.

mParadox:
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
- Johnny Bravo

Here is a story of the dumbest people I ever met.

It was about 12 years ago, in my high school German class. There was one other boy and a girl in my group. The boy asks me, in reference to our German exchange student, "Do you think Regina is a honey?" I joked, "Shes Hun, not a honey." The guy turns around, calls to her, and asks her what a Hun is. I thought I was screwed, but she just said "A Huhn is a chicken". So they guy is like "Hey, he thinks you're a chicken."

Once she was out of earshot I tried to explain the slur to the two in my group. They looked at me confused and said that there was never a group of people called the Huns. When I mentioned Atilla the Hun, the girl says "That was just his name."

I guess I got lucky, having them think I am stupid was probably better then getting expelled for using an ethnic slur

CMDDarkblade:

Xangba:
Hmm stupid things I've heard people say....

The American Civil War was fought over slavery.

I want to strangle people I hear say that. Is it so hard to learn a little history?

Seeing how the slavery issue was a major reason why the South succeeded from the North it's not really that much of a dumb thing to say.

I mean sure there are other reasons for the U.S. Civil War but many of them also have slavery as an underlying factor.

it was for states' rights to be able to independently choose what they want instead of the federal government deciding for them. So slavery was more of a backseat issue

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked