Your Favourite Anime Ending. the end of the story.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Crispee:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, happy ending, and Ed's final speech is just amazing.

Completely agree. Plus, how he got Al's body back was something I didn't see coming in a good way. I was racking my brain, and eventually decided that he'd use himself as the toll like the first anime. So I was half right I guess

On a side note at the risk of going off topic, does anyone know if Ed gave up his ability to perform alchemy ENTIRELY or if it was just the alchemy without circles? He tries to clap his hands afterward and nothing happens, but he didn't try to use a circle so that left me somewhat confused

serial experiments lain for blowing my mind and giving me that amazing opening.

Wait wait wait...when you say Death Note, people think of three things:
1. OMGBESTANIMEEVAR!!!! (It's not that it's bad, it's just it's the "consensus best" - the one everyone can agree they liked)
2. Light and L
3. The ending sucked.

It's just sort of inherent to the package. Which is part of why the live-action movies were actually really good, because they had a satisfying ending.

ALERT: SPOILERS IN REMAINDER OF POST

twaddle:

By the way u know lelouche is alive and season 3 the direct sequel of code geass was just announced. Which means that when CC said "...isn't that right Lelouche" at the end of the series that was him in the back of that wagon.

If I hear ONE MORE PERSON spout this bullshit I swear...Neither of these statements are true. Lelouch had damn well better be dead, because if he isn't his entire character collapses and Code Geass becomes exactly what the haters say it is: a trainwreck (for example, if Lelouch is still alive, that means he cheated - he attained his goal and didn't have to suffer any consequences. And Suzaku went along with Zero Requiem because through it Lelouch would atone for his crimes...and I don't think Suzaku would consider "living on an orange farm" to be acceptable atonement. So it destroys their character arc and ruins any meaning to the idea that the two together are unbeatable. In other words, "Lelouch is alive" is roughly as stupid as "No, actually this was all a dream Rivalz had".). And the announced sequel does not occur after the events of R2, it occurs during them if I recall correctly, and doesn't feature Lelouch. Also, Santa isn't real.

Scrustle:
Snip

Wait... I thought Oban was French? Well... French and Japanese. So I guess it at least half counts. I appreciate you still omitting the spoilers by the by... I've been meaning to watch it. It just keeps slipping my mind to put it on.

OT: FLCL is one of the best for me. A lot of people say the Manga ended it better... Said it was more emotional. But I dunno. It just didn't feel right in comparison to the original ending.

It's my favorite if only because it's actually pretty darn simple in comparison to some others. But despite it being simple I feel it was just very well done, it wraps up that short-but-wonderful series in a way that I felt was perfectly suited to the series. But still... I feel it's one of the best endings I've seen in an anime.

Dr. Cakey:

-SNIP!

ALERT: SPOILERS IN REMAINDER OF POST

twaddle:

By the way u know lelouche is alive and season 3 the direct sequel of code geass was just announced. Which means that when CC said "...isn't that right Lelouche" at the end of the series that was him in the back of that wagon.

If I hear ONE MORE PERSON spout this bullshit I swear...Neither of these statements are true. Lelouch had damn well better be dead, because if he isn't his entire character collapses and Code Geass becomes exactly what the haters say it is: a trainwreck (for example, if Lelouch is still alive, that means he cheated - he attained his goal and didn't have to suffer any consequences. And Suzaku went along with Zero Requiem because through it Lelouch would atone for his crimes...and I don't think Suzaku would consider "living on an orange farm" to be acceptable atonement. So it destroys their character arc and ruins any meaning to the idea that the two together are unbeatable. In other words, "Lelouch is alive" is roughly as stupid as "No, actually this was all a dream Rivalz had".). And the announced sequel does not occur after the events of R2, it occurs during them if I recall correctly, and doesn't feature Lelouch. Also, Santa isn't real.

I was thinking after I had seen he had posted this, "a 3rd season huh? That ruins My favourite ending, it ended so well, everything is fixed now, what is this 3rd season going to be about even?"

for now im just going to put it out of my mind.

Code Geass and Gungrave, love them.

SlaveNumber23:
Code Geass and Gungrave, love them.

I didn't think Gungrave had an increadible ending, but I also thought it was a better anime before

Cowboy Bebop (did I just hop on the "bang" wagon?) for a nicely wrapped up ending.
Planetes for a "life goes on" type ending.
Excel Saga for a "WTF Boom!" ending.

worldfest:
Haibane Renmei.

Fuck yeah, tell me about it. One of the few moments (while watching anime) that I was close to bawling out with tears:

Reki (whisper): *pained expression* Help me...

Real heart in mouth moment, that...

Rose and Thorn:
My favorite ending is probably Ouran Highschool Host Club, but since it is like my favorite anime, maybe I won't count it...

Read the manga... can't stress it enough, READ THE MANGA!! It's whimsical, silly but exhilirating at the same time. (Sort of spoiler: a couple characters not involved in the anime are quite important in it, namely Tamaki's mother)

I'm going to say Cowboy Bebop. I loved the endings for Suzuka and, Fist of the North Star but for the one...Suzuka was a romantic drama so you could kind of guess the ending from the first episode. Fist of the North Star had a great ending too but there were some better fights before the final Ken vs Raoh fight. I remember watching all of Boogiepop but I don't remember how it ends (the entire series is a mind-fuck). I also can't remember the ending to Love Hina or, GTO...but I love both of those shows. Irony

neonsword13-ops:

And the fanboy in me says Persona 4: The Animation. The ending was good, but now I just have to wait until the "Final" Final episode.

It was pretty damn sweet with Nevermore and the preceding fight with the Reapers.

Also,nothing personal against the OP but the ending to Geass was the only part I really hate.

OT: A few,Usagi Drop for the nut bladder exploding cuteness(Note I mean the anime not the manga's end)

Princess Tutu for it's bitter sweet end,fitting perfectly with the show's darker tones.

Chrno Crusade: This is still one of those anime I forget I saw but absolutely adored and the ending is defiantly why. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

Also so while I hated that Baccano! had to end the final part with Issac and Miria is hilarious.

My personal favorite is the Cowboy Bebop ending, it's tragic, shocking and really impressive. It elevated cowboy bebop from being one of the best animes I had ever watched to the best thing I had ever experienced in my life.

Death Note ending is amazing too; it was so epic and intense. Also a question: Am I the only person in the world that thinks Near and Mello arc is the best part off the series?

I also love the Puella Magi Madoka Magica ending; it's so beautiful and sad at the same time. It's probably one off the only animes I cried a little while watching it.

The End of Evangelion (the movie, not the awful post modern existentialist acid trip the anime had) is also fantastic, and probably the most disturbing anime I've seen

And last but not least Baccano has one of the most brilliant endings ever In my opinion: It doesn't have one, yes the plots have conclusion, but the entire story doesn't, Baccano's story has no beginning, ending or protagonist, It's just a bunch of characters who's stories get connected to one another. To bad Baccano was a commercial failure in Japan. I wish it had made money so that they could continue to adapt the rest of the Light novels

Gah so many great things popping into my head.
Steins;gate

Grave of the Fireflies
Saikano
the end of these made me cry and are, therefore, the most memorable and powerful endings to me.

the first two I can think of would have to be

Steins Gate
Mirai Nikki

There are others but I can't remember them.

the first two I can think of would have to be

Steins Gate
Mirai Nikki

There are others but I can't remember them.

WOOPS

The end of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (first series) was quite memorable.

Best of the 3:
Kampfer had a fantastic endings. Easily makes one of my top favourite endings I've ever seeen for just the sheer randomness it presented.

When talking about Kampfer, are you including the episodes from the für die Liebe OVA? Anyway, either of the endings was perfectly in tune with the vibe the show gave off: goofy.

twaddle:

By the way the ending of Gundam 8th MS team had me bawling my eyes out.

I think that at the end of the episode, you get a close-up of the driver at the front of the cart's face, and his purple eyes are supposed to make the viewer have doubts. However that was cut from some of the releases.
Also season 3 is not a direct sequel. If it's based on the new manga, then it will be some kind of prequel set in an alternate past where C.C. shows up and a guy who kind of looks like Lelouch seems to be pulling some serious strings. And where the Knightmares are frickin' medieval steampunk cyborgs.

James Crook:

Best of the 3:
Kampfer had a fantastic endings. Easily makes one of my top favourite endings I've ever seeen for just the sheer randomness it presented.

When talking about Kampfer, are you including the episodes from the für die Liebe OVA? Anyway, either of the endings was perfectly in tune with the vibe the show gave off: goofy.

Probably just the anime's episodes and not the OVA. But it's been a while, I can't remember. The ending with this.

Best of the 3:
-Mein Snip-

Yeah, that's the anime's ending. I think out of both the anime and OVA endings I found this one to be more fitting and the other one to give a better opening.

Aim For The Top! Gunbuster I cried at Gunbusters ending

there will never be a ending as bittersweet as Gunbuster's

UncleUlty:

Also,nothing personal against the OP but the ending to Geass was the only part I really hate.

May I ask why, just to add abit more to the discusion.

James Crook:

twaddle:

By the way the ending of Gundam 8th MS team had me bawling my eyes out.

I think that at the end of the episode, you get a close-up of the driver at the front of the cart's face, and his purple eyes are supposed to make the viewer have doubts. However that was cut from some of the releases.
Also season 3 is not a direct sequel. If it's based on the new manga, then it will be some kind of prequel set in an alternate past where C.C. shows up and a guy who kind of looks like Lelouch seems to be pulling some serious strings. And where the Knightmares are frickin' medieval steampunk cyborgs.

that sounds interesting, Im not sure how good it will be though, I feel as though it would be best for them to come up with a new main character all together rather than use the appearnace of the original with most likely just a new name.

The end of FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I did not like the ending in the original FullMetal Alchemist. But it was one of my most favorite shows.

The last episode of GunGrave was so emotional

one of the best animes of all time

Fallere825:

UncleUlty:

May I ask why, just to add abit more to the discusion.

Oh sure,(note I refer to the Zero Requiem itself and not the cart ride at the very end) To me it was very shortsighted on Lulu's part,that peace may only last a generation or two at best. Lelouch always planed for things far in advanced. Also it just came across as too silly and idealistic.I know that R2 was over the top(and I love it for that) but this was where I drew the line.

Cowboy Bebop is my absolute favourite. The last 3 episodes were great, and that final rush to get to vicious *drools*. Luv ya, Spike!

Death Note's ending was brutal and I loved every second of it. Everything came crashing down to a wonderful finale.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is up there too

Death Note

KarmaTheAlligator:
Evangelion - All of the endings, yes, even the one where they ran out of money, because then they approached more philosophical topics rather than mindless action.

"How disgusting"

Seriously I loved both endings, it suited the series well and it wasn't like the series had delved into the psychological shit before. The original ending delves into the psychi of almost all the characters and does it really well, mainly because at the end of episode 24 all the charcters are fucked up (Misato, Shinji) or gone pretty much insane (Ritsuko, Asuka). I actually find the most potent and depressing scene in the series is in episode 26, the scene where Shinji sees the life he could of had, what he wanted, yet it is possibly the worst thing you can show someone, the unobtainable dream. I am not sure if that is what the director wanted but it was depressing to me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked