Should women be allowed to go topless if men can?
Yes.
53.6% (590)
53.6% (590)
No.
11% (121)
11% (121)
Maybe.
7.4% (81)
7.4% (81)
BOOBIES!
27.8% (306)
27.8% (306)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Group fights for women's right to go topless in public

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Daystar Clarion:
Women can already go topless on beaches.

It's called Europe.

Damn, I love my continent :D

Can to come over here and kick some of the Puritan bullshitery out of my country?

Daystar Clarion:
Women can already go topless on beaches.

It's called Europe.

Damn, I love my continent :D

Now if only we'd have an economy...we'd have nudes, museums and money. We'd all be freaking dandies.

OT: Sure, if they want to who are we to oppose them? There'll probably be ogling but doesn't change much from the actual situation.

Psykoma:
imo, they're just tits.
People need to get over them.

not that I would go braless. Maybe shirtless, but the bra stays.
It's actually functionally useful.

and that's the real issue that most people forget, its all fine and dandy to show the girls off, or ya know just have another bit of equality, but unfortunately gravity is also a very cruel mistress.

OT: long time unofficial supporter, I could do more and add my signature to petitions when they come by i guess. but yeah women should go for it, and i'll just have to try really hard not to stare. that actually brings me to sort of an issue, now lets say some generally agreeably hot movie star is walking down the street shirtless, girls will stare at him. the issue is that to almost all men (myself included) pretty much any shirtless girl is going to be stared at since bare boobs seem to be the same quality as the previously mentioned movie star, except they arent as rare.

really though i havent got a clue about it, do what you want and i'll adjust, society over time will as well.

Yup of course they should be able to... its just part of the whole chest area.. men have boobs the same way women do.. so yea i dont see a problem with it at all.

Yeah go for it, although I will only travel the streets at dark when easily distracted drivers are no where to be seen.

So...in a global society where staring at a *clothed* woman can be prosecuted as sexual harassment...

See, I see a lot of "I like boobs! Let's have more of 'em in public!"

You don't see that kind of 'support' for this initiative as a negative? Men whose opinion is 'YAAAY BOOBIES' supporting...naked. Boobies.

Moving on.

The problem I have for this issue is the complete double standard. Yes, I am sure plenty of people would love to take the position that 'equality' demands women getting 'the same' as men. However, this is not and won't be for a long time Reality- because neither gender is 'equal' to the other because both genders try extremely hard- and often unconsciously- to keep gender-specific 'perks' and 'rights'

Right now *both* genders have 'special perks' that neither side either admits to or is ready to give up. That's Reality, and while there exist exceptions...that's what they are. Exceptions.

Society has made Breasts sexual objects. They will be seen as sexual objects and all the 'it doesn't matter' in the world doesn't change it. Yet.

One day, when enough cultural changes have taken place, then naked breasts might not be a big deal. Right now, it will be enough of a chaos that it defeats the purpose.

To those who feel exposed nudity shouldn't matter, may I also, ever so gently, point out that a significant portion of the planetary population needs your work before 'bare breasts' should even be an issue?

Entire cultures virtually (and not so virtually) enslave women. Are we doing something about this? Or are we making a huge issue about whether or not women who live in one of- if not the most- free nations (and I am not just talking about the US) can more or less randomly put their breasts out in the open to make some kind of really small point?

Seriously, call it what you want- are we really making a huge deal about naked breasts when entire cultures are allowed to murder women, torture women, *sell* women into slavery?

M.Bison agrees. And so should you.

Seriously, Why would anyone disagree with this proposition? Straight Guys have all the obvious reason, and I can't see why Gay people would be bothered one way or the other. It would totally be a plus for us Bi's. We wouldn't have to go to the internet to see topless men and women together.

(Was that Creepy? Just a little..)

Luna:
Not unless men can go with their cock out.

I feel that we should get something out of this too.

Yes, with the combination of exposed breasts this couldn't possibly go wrong.

DAMMIT, I clicked yes because I thought to myself BOOBIES, then I saw the option "BOOBIES"

Eh, go for it. I doubt most people will switch anyway, considering that bra's serve an actual purpose and most people don't like being stared at.

Rottweiler:
Seriously, call it what you want- are we really making a huge deal about naked breasts when entire cultures are allowed to murder women, torture women, *sell* women into slavery?

I'm sorry, but this is probably one of the most flawed arguments in existence. I've seen it used in arguments regarding getting fired over Facebook, in arguments regarding the legalization of drugs, in arguments regarding gay rights, and in arguments regarding abortion.

Just because there are bigger issues doesn't mean the topic at hand shouldn't be addressed. Yes, the people dying in Africa are probably a bigger deal than North Carolina banning gay marriage, or Jerry Sandusky sexually abusing little boys (sure, they were abused, but in that amount of time hundreds more in Africa were abused and also murdered). Yes, those are problems that should be addressed. And sooner rather than later. But we certainly don't have to stop the world in order to do that. The argument that there are bigger problems that need to be addressed first is just a childish cop-out for those who wish to put themselves above both sides of the issue.

Yes but not because I care about equality. I just prefer seeing topless women.

*end stereotypical male comment that I completely subscribe to*

Actually, I'm hesitant to be in favor of this. Knowing humanity, with it's sense of humor, I bet most of the women taking advantage of this new found freedom would be old. And maybe ugly... Yeah, I guess there's a reason this law exists.

But still, boobies amirite?

Yes, it should be allowed. Not just because I am a man.

I think people should wear shirts, regardless of gender, if they can get something sweaty...like a seat in public transport.

Daystar Clarion:

That comic is horribly stereotypical about americans. Part of it doesn't even make sense, different tastes and shit alter fears but we all get terrified of the same thing usually.

Also, not all of us look for "Modern Warfare: Horror Version" and before anyone says it, Dead Space is FAR from that department, its on level with Aliens/Alien.

Terminate421:

Daystar Clarion:

That comic is horribly stereotypical about americans. Part of it doesn't even make sense, different tastes and shit alter fears but we all get terrified of the same thing usually.

Also, not all of us look for "Modern Warfare: Horror Version" and before anyone says it, Dead Space is FAR from that department, its on level with Aliens/Alien.

It's very clearly a joke.

As a man, I am totally ok with this in every way possible.

Boobs are fuckin' awesome.

S_SienZ:

Risingblade:
If they're fine with guys staring even more openly at their chests then sure.

Cannot stress this enough. So sick of all of the "I have the right to look as slutty as I want and you're a total perv if you look" bullshit.

Yes, the general policy should be... look all you like but don't touch.

Daystar Clarion:

Terminate421:

Daystar Clarion:

It's very clearly a joke.

I guess I was quick to the trigger. I do understand where the comic comes from and what it's trying to say. Also, it is a 'little' funny but it does explain why most Americans find Alien terrifying considering the sexual horror additions to it.

I took it the wrong way, derp on my part.

James Joseph Emerald:
Doesn't this image (from their site) run a bit contrary to their message?

So what, you should only go topless if you're hot?

I saw that and thought it was a bit mean spirited too. I mean they can't be retarded enough to think the only women that would go topless would be the ones that looked like that.

There's plenty of fat women too.

Kinda sticks a knife in their own message really.

But ignoring the group, I'm all for women being able to walk around topless. But then again, I'm used to holidaying in the med. So I'm used to it anyway.

Well it's already like that here in Ontario, although you probably couldn't tell unless someone told you about it, since most don't actually take up the law on its offer. I don't think I've actually seen any women walk around topless, mostly I imagine because wearing a shirt and bra would be more comfortable. I suppose I'm alright with it, although at the same time I'm not sure I'd ever wish to see that, mostly because when you realize that not all woman are the stunning beauties they've been made out to be you also realize that the chance of seeing good tits is probably the same chance as seeing bad ones.

Luna:
Not unless men can go with their cock out.

I feel that we should get something out of this too.

Yeah this. We should be able to get woman antsy and gay men horny. Hell, let us just organize giant orgies in town-square.

Honestly, I would prefer everyone to go topless at the beach but on the streets wear a damn shirt.

I think it's a good idea. Personally I would probably never do it as I'd give my self a black eye while running xD but it's silly that a booby is something taboo. It would go a long way to help breastfeeding mums too.

I live in Europe so it's not so bad over here :) I have gone topless on a beach plety of times to get an even tan.

Personally I think it's dumb that men peeing in a bush = indecent exposure. 99.9% of the time they just want to relieve themselves. -.- It's just a willy for christs sake.

Welp, someone has to say it. I'm against it. I'm actually against men being topless too. For exactly the same reason.

Everyone's probably thinking "Women want to go topless everywhere? Aw yeah, boobies", but it won't be like that. It'll be all the women you don't want to see topless, wandering around town, exposing you to things that are going to scar you for life... no one wants that...

Ah! finally! A right I can get behind!

Instead of "women should be allowed to go topless where men are allowed" it should be "men shouldn't be allowed to go shirtless where women aren't allowed".

Should they be allowed to? Yes (and are constitutionally allowed to in Canada).

Should they do it? Generally no. Most men shouldn't either lol

Sure, why now? I like seeing boobies. But they shouldn't be surprised, embarrassed or offended if every man they come across decides to give them a standing ovation, if you know what I mean.

Equality would dictate that allowing women to go topless like men would be reasonable. However would any women actually want to go for a jog or do anything in public topless? I imagine the attention that would bring would be troublesome. Although that might only be like that at first, if it catches on and becomes a regular sight then the spectacle of it would lessen probably. I mean hear in Europe topless women on beaches is pretty common so in that situation it does not raise many eyebrows. It is a double standard, but it is double standard that does make sense in the context that women's chest area is considered more erotic that the male chest.

On the other side can we campaign to get the man boobs covered?

Terminate421:

No it really isn't.

It's not the same thing. I don't really have an opinion on the matter either way, but you can't just say that if men can go topless, so can women. Female breasts are much more sexual than male "breasts," so much so that you can't just say that if men can do it women can do it.

Risingblade:
If they're fine with guys staring even more openly at their chests then sure.

Pretty much my thoughts. This is only going to make life worse for men because they're going to see them staring after they release the puppies, and get angry.

Really though, if they want to protest this, feel free to. Good luck breaking down centuries of taboo though. You're going to need some serious acid for that.

Dethenger:
I remember reading once that breasts were like ass 2.0; human women developed them as we started walking on two legs as a way to present themselves sexually when they weren't walking on all fours. Whether or not that theory is 100% accurate, the fact of the matter is that (most) men are attracted to breasts.

I thought humans have breasts like they do because of the way our mouths are shaped. Most animals just have the nipple and a mouth shaped well enough to drink from it an get air, humans on the other hand aren't suited to long nipple sucking without trouble breathing because our mouths are just sort of flat. Regardless, men love boobies.

OT: Have the right, but I swear to God that if women start complaining that men look at them too much when they choose not to then it's one right that I'll turn my back on. Also, I doubt many will actually follow through when they get the right, a lot of women freak out when you see them almost naked, let alone full nude.

Maybe it's just the cynic in me, but aside from the people who outright stated it, I wonder how many of the votes for yes are just guys thinkin' with their dicks?(Yea, yea. "Like you're not thinking the same thing" or "dude, are you gay?") Honestly, for a point like this, would it be better to hear what the women are saying about this?

In any case, I really don't care whether this gets passed or not. If it does, I highly doubt every woman will suddenly go topless, just like we don't have every single dude walking around without a shirt(well not where I am in the UK)because they can.

Plus, I know if in anyway I make it sound like I am opposed to this, I'll get a spiel about "equality" or "They're just mounds of fat"(Yes and lot's of people tend to keep their mounds of fat in their clothes), something about religion and culture, or whatever.

As long as I don't catch flack from them for accidentally catching a glimpse(Christ, I avert my eyes if a girl goes in front of me on stairs), fine. Go ahead. Let the puppies roam free.

I say go for it, women drool/scream in horror over us with our shirts off, I think its fair we can do the same to them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked