Should women be allowed to go topless if men can?
Yes.
53.7% (591)
53.7% (591)
No.
11% (121)
11% (121)
Maybe.
7.4% (81)
7.4% (81)
BOOBIES!
27.9% (307)
27.9% (307)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Group fights for women's right to go topless in public

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Not really much of a tits person, but yeah why not, it would make going outside even more interesting. Actually on that note it make a lot more obese and lazy lads actually go outside. And besides even if they had the right doesn't mean they have to show off their knockers.

Only if we attach an age/weight limit. (and yes that age/weight limit most certainly should be applied to males as well)

There is a lot to be gained by allowing women to freely go topless, not the least of which it helps the general population get over their unhealthy fixation on tits be it longing for or fear of seeing.

I think it's fine, but if this is passed then I think that staring at a woman's chest should no longer be grounds for sexual harassment charges.
I am a man, I can't help looking at bear breasts. If you are a man and you don't feel the urge to look at bear breasts, then you are suffering from some physical defect. Strait or gay, all guys like bajongas, knawwhatamsayin?

Captcha: oh, you

Risingblade:
If they're fine with guys staring even more openly at their chests then sure.

I agree with what you think will happen and also think that it could go even worse when it comes to sexual harassing the women that do this.

Technically you can go topless on every beach right? At least that's what I've been told.
I don't really care about whether they can or not.

"make haste"

hulksmashley:
Honestly I'm more in favor of forcing everyone to wear shirts, including men.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't wanna see anyone's ugly, saggy breasts, and I don't wanna see anyone's fat bellies pouring over their pants, or their chest hair, or blah blah blah. TL;DR, I don't care if you're a man or woman, I don't want to see you without your shirt. Your bodies are disgusting and I'd rather not have to see them.

They're boobs. This backwards-ass country needs to grow up and stop acting like little whining children about the slightest little bit of nudity. And as has already been said, these sorts of decency laws were only put in place so as to appease the ultra-right wing religious fanatics. Don't believe me? Consider the fact that you can show somebody getting their head blown off on television in this country, spine, esophagus, trachea, veins, muscle, and gallons of blood shooting out, and no one says a word. But as soon as Janet Jackson flashes one second of bare nipple, everyone goes apeshit.

This kind of thing is the reason I'm seriously considering moving to Japan.

Troublesome Lagomorph:

hulksmashley:

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't wanna see anyone's ugly, saggy breasts, and I don't wanna see anyone's fat bellies pouring over their pants, or their chest hair, or blah blah blah. TL;DR, I don't care if you're a man or woman, I don't want to see you without your shirt. Your bodies are disgusting and I'd rather not have to see them.

I don't get why it should be forbidden for women, but on the other hand I agree with the above statement.
So I'd say it shouldn't be forbidden, just a sign of bad taste.

Go for it.
It is ridiculous, and this isn't simply coming from a guy that likes tits.
Women are allowed to show as much boob as they want, so long as the nipple isn't shown, but men can go topless?
It's a nipple for fuck's sake.
Our whole system of what's acceptable and what isn't is ridiculous and filled with double standards.

SckizoBoy:

Daystar Clarion:
American's need to get over nudity.

Reminds me of this comic.

LOL, love how Iceland just pops out a pair of cutters in the last panel.

Anyway, on a related note, I was thinking of...

I curse you and daystar. You got me into Humon XD

Dethenger:
I remember reading once that breasts were like ass 2.0; human women developed them as we started walking on two legs as a way to present themselves sexually when they weren't walking on all fours.

I recall reading they developed due to humans developing flat faces, so babies could feed without suffocating. (Other primates have flatter breasts but protruding mouths.)

I think we should be allowed to have the choice, even though I couldn't, I'm a 38EE and it would be really uncomfortable as well as inviting even more... droopage :(

Nope: but hear me out.

1. boobs are awesome, yet the people asking for this, probably wont have nice tits.
2. women wear shirts and bras BECAUSE of a few reasons.
A: men love boobs but dont want over exposure
B: tits are better when you work to see them instead of just walking down town
C: A bra keeps tits from sagging and looking good.
D: if the puerto rican pride parade or marde graw teaches us anything that a group of sickos will swarm over tits if the so much as acknowledge they exist
3: ill support this only if i can go out with my cock hanging out.....or is it a double standard?
4: its a distracting hazard for drivers
5: sometimes you just dont have time for tits
6: we don't want girlfriends and wives getting on to us for looking.

Jegsimmons:

3: ill support this only if i can go out with my cock hanging out.....or is it a double standard?

Us men can already walk around without shirts on. Don't use that excuse.

If they do I should be allowed to stare.

Sure, if they can change the cultural norm. There have been plenty of cultures that were fine with women being topless. Good luck with that though since cultural norms like this tend to be slow to change.

TIMESWORDSMAN:
Strait or gay, all guys like bajongas, knawwhatamsayin?

Eh, they're okay. There are worse things you could look at I suppose.

You don't have nudist beaches in america? Da fuck? Not any?

I vote 'yes' because... who cares, really?

For those saying it would be a distraction: only for a few days. Seriously. There are tribes where breasts aren't considered sexual at all + are exposed all day and the men don't really pay them any attention. You get used to things.
For those saying ugly people would walk around topless all the time: Yeah, probably. Just try not to look at them.

(American, since that seems to be a thing.)
While this is a noble goal which I firmly support (heyooo), I do feel obligated to point out that, at least in the beginning, there will be a significant spike in car accidents, particularly in the teen male demographic. Just sayin'.

This is relevant to my interests, hand me a picket sign and show me to the front lines of the protests.

Viva la revolution, sisters.

Getting a little off topic but am I the only one who is honestly glad that society has progressed to the point where stuff like this us considered one of our big problems?

erttheking:
Getting a little off topic but am I the only one who is honestly glad that society has progressed to the point where stuff like this us considered one of our big problems?

Which society? Because I certainly would like to be a part of yours.

Honestly I don't see the big deal

yes, women's breasts can have sex appeal, but so can pecks and a sixpack.

edit:
although, taking away the taboo sort of makes them seem less special : \

Yes, and I'm not ashamed to admit that my opinion on the matter is entirely based on my love of exposed breasts.

ReadyAmyFire:

erttheking:

Which society? Because I certainly would like to be a part of yours.

I was mainly talking European and North American on account of that being where most people on this site are from. I'm from the United States personally.

Troublesome Lagomorph:

hulksmashley:

What if they have great bodies?

CrazyGirl17:
Tough call. As a woman, I won't mind at least being able to go braless more often, but I don't think I have the body to go topless...

In order to make an informed opinion on whether you have the body to go topless, I'm going to need some pictures. :D

erttheking:
I was mainly talking European and North American on account of that being where most people on this site are from. I'm from the United States personally.

Ah, I already have designs on moving to the United States or Germany when I graduate, with any luck. I'm from Northern Ireland, where we've got a high suicide rate, ridiculous energy costs, a smattering of social deprivation, some yob culture, quite a bit of homophobia, considerable religious intolerance and even intolerance towards the religiously tolerant.

:(

Marik2:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

hulksmashley:

What if they have great bodies?

Then they should still keep their shirts on.

The problem, of course, is that, culturally, men's chests aren't considered particularly sexual. Women's are, very much so. If women can expose sexual areas then why can't men? If I can expose my penis in public, women can expose their breasts. It's only fair.

(Don't get me wrong, though, I believe that ideally, anyone should be able to wear anything or nothing if they want)

Jegsimmons:
Nope: but hear me out.

1. boobs are awesome, yet the people asking for this, probably wont have nice tits.

It's not about you. Figures that you'd make it into what you want to see when it's about whether others should be free to do something.

2. women wear shirts and bras BECAUSE of a few reasons.
A: men love boobs but dont want over exposure
B: tits are better when you work to see them instead of just walking down town
C: A bra keeps tits from sagging and looking good.
D: if the puerto rican pride parade or marde graw teaches us anything that a group of sickos will swarm over tits if the so much as acknowledge they exist

A: What men love is irrelevant to what women should be allowed to do.
B: Same again. You're pretty damn misogynistic to put it all in terms of what men want.
C: Oh finally something with a hint of validity. But it all vanishes when I can just point out that it's their own decision if they want to go topless vs if they want those other things.
D: They could control themselves. If they can't toss them in jail. Pretty sure your degree in pseudopsychology doesn't work here though.

You need a lesson in biology on that one. But hey, it's not a surprise that you'd lack the honesty to compare chest to chest.

4: its a distracting hazard for drivers

Not really unless they're being stupid. They can ignore them. I could call someone's face distracting. Does that mean they have to put on a mask?

5: sometimes you just dont have time for tits

Wtf? You're really a blatant sexist.

6: we don't want girlfriends and wives getting on to us for looking.

WE? Yeah, no, please don't pretend to speak for men because you have no self-control and have to stare at people. That's your own weakness.

ReadyAmyFire:

erttheking:

Ah, I already have designs on moving to the United States or Germany when I graduate, with any luck. I'm from Northern Ireland, where we've got a high suicide rate, ridiculous energy costs, a smattering of social deprivation, some yob culture, quite a bit of homophobia, considerable religious intolerance and even intolerance towards the religiously tolerant.

:(

If you move to America and want to get away from homophobia then I recomend massachusetts, one of the states where gay marriage is legal. I live there in a small town called Tewksbury, and it's a pretty pleasent place.

I've always wondered what the big deal is with covering up a woman's top if it's pretty much the same as a man's, barring the obvious anatomical difference. Also, given the topic...

Us Americans freak out at the slightest sight of a breast... its time to change that. I vote yes.

TIMESWORDSMAN:
I think it's fine, but if this is passed then I think that staring at a woman's chest should no longer be grounds for sexual harassment charges.
I am a man, I can't help looking at bear breasts. If you are a man and you don't feel the urge to look at bear breasts, then you are suffering from some physical defect. Strait or gay, all guys like bajongas, knawwhatamsayin?

Captcha: oh, you

What about folks like me who are asexual?

Easton Dark:

Jegsimmons:

Us men can already walk around without shirts on. Don't use that excuse.

im going to anyway...whatchya gonna do about it?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here