Have you ever "Branched out"?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

and by that I mean is the Escapist the only forum you regurly post in, or do you have any opther places you freaquent?

The Escapist was the first online forum I ever really got into, and I post here quite a bit and I know generally what the place is like

I thourght it would be interesting to check out other forums...get a feel for what else the "wild wasteland of the world wide web" had to offer....(lurking doesnt really do it for me...to frustrating if I cant join in)

I havnt dived too deep into other forums due to me avoiding anything ME3 related...and yeah the few I've checked out seem like more or less pleasant places

though none feel quite as....intuative, I guess I'm just used to the layout here...and honestly I'd find posting on other forums including this one too much work

oh and I think out freind Zeel has moved to destructiod

The escapist was the first forum I made an account on, and the only forum I post on properly and regularly.

I've never found anything else that piqués my interest, and I don't have a need to as this site takes up far too much of my time already.

The escapist is the only forum I've ever been active on. I've got an account on Gamesradar, but it has just sat there after I made two posts on there and decided I didn't like their layout as much.
Plus, I'd kinda gotten entrenched in this site by then. Hell, even now that I've reduced my posting quite a bit, I'm still lurking quite a lot.

I've had a few, but my escapist account is the only one that I've maintained an interest in.

Gamespot was my first, and I've visited others but this is the only one I've been active.

Yeah. To here.

My first foray into foruming was the message board attached to an open-source game called Battle of Wesnoth. I helped them out with occasional contributions of pixel art. There were a handful of talented and intelligent people there and only a few idiots. It was a pretty friendly place due to some active moderators. Incidentally, it's the first place I started using the handle 'Zhukov'.

My second was the forum for indie game company Wolfire. They're the guys who organise the Humble Bundle sales. I still post there occasionally, but mostly out of habit. It's kind of a dead forum now.

My third was right here on the ol' Escapist. I wanted a place to discuss games since few of my real-world acquaintances are into them and those that are do not share my tastes. However, most gaming forums are a putrid mess, barely better than 4Chan (I went on the BF3 forums once in search of technical help. It was horrible). After a week or so of lurking I eventually settled here because it seemed relatively sane. Sure, there's the occasional trouble individual, ample amounts of snide bitching and nerd issues to spare, but at least it's free of, "PS3 sucks and Wii is for fags, 360 forever!"

Ha, from what I seen Zeel is mostly keeping himself at bay well except for that introduction thread.

Anyway The Escapist is the only forum I had used this long. I had join two other forums in the past but those were games specific websites (I joined a guild website for Guild Wars and an unofficial Phantasy Star Online to trade and meet other for the game Phantasy Star Zero). I left those two when I lost interested at those games and the memebers were pretty much boring (they never made that many fun or funny threads and when I try making those I get little replies).

Granted I never try to find another websites similar to this as in a forum that does fun and funny topic that were also engaging to take part in.

The escapist is the longest I've been on, but I also shamefully browse one or two subreddits, and ocassionally some of the chans. Any more would take up too much of my time.

Esotera:
The escapist is the longest I've been on, but I also shamefully browse one or two subreddits, and ocassionally some of the chans. Any more would take up too much of my time.

gaaahh..I can't stand r/gaming

nostalga/zelda wank...."hey guyz! look at this old game I found!"

Vault101:

gaaahh..I can't stand r/gaming

nostalga/zelda wank...."hey guyz! look at this old game I found!"

I don't think anything else could describe r/gaming quite that accurately. I think reddit's problem is that it had a sudden influx of people over the last few months that has just made every default subreddit a place of cancer, which is why I go there a lot less.

I regularly pot on one other forum, I've been a member of it since 2004. Other than that, I really can't be bothered to make effort and communicate in other places.

Used to deal with steamuserforums. But nowadays i just lurk here. Mostly because of groups.

also this random local gaming forum i visit.

I find over the past year people seem to tolerate the bollacks i post and gentle wind ups i throw in now and then :P

So the escapist forum is where i live when im at work, things can get slow during the day but the escapist always has humerous topics for me to read through and occastionaly de-rail hehe.

My first forum was gamefaqs although I mostly lurked and didn't stay for long. After that I became a regular on the Timegate forums since I loved playing Section 8: Prejudice constantly.

Now I am on the Escapist, I occasionally look at the LoL forums if I am bored but never really interact since the community is toxic. I mainly just use the Escapist since it's a pretty good site and has a really good community.

I'm a G1 on Screwattack but once they changed the format I haven't been on there in a long while. I'll check it out every so often but I'm not as into it as I am here. I'm close to joining That Guy with the Glasses so I can post comments on videos.

I used to be on quite a lot of other, smaller forums before I came here, but slowly they got shitter and so I stopped visiting them. Now I only come here and the Escapecraft forum.

The Escapist is the only forum I post in and it's the first online community I participated in.

Rastien:
I find over the past year people seem to tolerate the bollacks i post and gentle wind ups i throw in now and then :P

So the escapist forum is where i live when im at work, things can get slow during the day but the escapist always has humerous topics for me to read through and occastionaly de-rail hehe.

Your posts bring joy and happiness, as well as many giggles, ofcourse they are welcome here :3

OT: I have an account on newgrounds and various other sites that I never got into, the escapist is the best forum I've come across by far.

Plus people tend to tolerate my obsession with the Cheshire cat/Baldurs Gate and now DayZ ^^

Oh and big points for the escapists moderators who keep the trolls and spam bots at bay, they do a great job (Perhaps too great a job)

The Escapist is the only online community I'm a part of.

The Escapist is the only girl community for me.

Hazy992:
The Escapist is the only forum I post in and it's the first online community I participated in.

Good thing too, the forums wouldn't be the same without you Hazy :D

I wish I had more time to spend on the forums, too busy being sucked into DayZ and higher level college work -.-

No, not really. This website covers my interests quite well, so I see no need to go elsewhere.

I did use to frequent newgrounds a hell of a lot, but never really bothered with the forums there.

I used to participate a little on Giant Bomb, mostly wiki edits and a couple hundred forum posts. I also frequent Reddit a lot. But yeah, majority of my time and postings are on here.

I used to frequent a little site called Animal Crossing Community, was the first site with a forum I actually used.

I also occasionally check out the Lego.com forums but I usually just get frustrated and annoyed because the only other people who use them have single-digit ages.

Now it's pretty much exclusively the Escapist.

lRookiel:

Hazy992:

Good thing too, the forums wouldn't be the same without you Hazy :D

Yeah it'd be much less terrifying! :D

Thanks bud :D

I used to be the admin at the Pure Pwnage forums which sucked up all my internet time, then I was the admin at the World Garage forums which did similar then I started lurking here at a considerably reduced forum browsing time.
There's a few other communities I dip into but Escapist is probably the main one. This is mainly because of how diverse the Escapist community is, people can be so divided on some things that it makes for entertaining reads. ;)

Aside from the Escapist, I go to /v/.
I love that place.

Just the Escapist for me. My first forum was a Role Playing Website, but that's since died (which sucks as I had actually gotten around to starting a Role Play like... a month before it went down. :S)

I've tried other places, but... yeah. Doesn't really interest me whenever I go somewhere else.

This is the second, and currently only forum I post on regularly. The first was the since-defunct Sissy-boards, besides that I accasionally post on forums for games I'm playing (usually getting tips etc.) and on a 'friends' forum a mate set-up.

The Escapist, Bethesda Softworks Forums, Obsidian Forum Community, No Mutants Allowed, Heresy-Online and the steam forums. These are the ones I frequent.

I usually only stay active on one forum at a time, unless you count weighing on on things on SPUF every now and then. I don't even remember half of them.

Only two forums I regularly frequent, here and whirlpool (AUS forum), but I mainly use whirlpool for its jobs section only and not its gaming forum. the escapist is my mistress in that regard

While I've had an account here and used it for a few years, it's only recently that I've started to participate in the discussion (Primarily through the 'recent posts' section the main page). I've had...a coloured history with forums. Sadly I got onto the internet rather late so my first interactions were mediated by highschool MSN culture (Where I was taught that typing properly was stupid and I had to talk like an idiot to be acceptable). My first online community was a tiny Spore fansite. I started off as the troll of the site (didn't mean to be, but MSN culture and being 12 does that to you) but over time I got better and accustomed myself to proper internet etiquette (for the most part). Under a recommendation from a fellow Endless Online player I went to GaiaOnline and was rather active on there from 2007 to recently (Where I went through Otaku etiquette and quite a few different -styles- of forums that I've hopefully shed over the years). Most of my time there was in its guilds, originally as a roleplayer and later in a more general smug and bitchy people guild (It's great, truly. xD). While the community still is pretty good there I have many problems with the site admin so I've been avoiding it a little lately (Studies don't help at all either).

I have mixed feelings about the Escapist community. My last few years on forums have been primarily in private guilds with a relatively small amount of people, so I've grown unaccustomed to open internet space. Still, I love to talk about videogames and this seems like a good place for it. Maybe it'll feel more like an e-home if and when I get to know people around here.

Captcha: enjoy life - I'm trying b-but, the essays! ;_;

I've been part of the same 'group' of regs on a few anime forums.

They just keep dying, sometimes because of stupid/jerkoff admins, so we all end up moving at least once a year to another site founded/found by one of the members.

I stick to the off-topic discussions on here. Sometimes, the forum games. Rarely gaming discussion. Other than that, I really don't go foruming.

I've been to others before, but I'm pretty sure I've stuck around longest/been most active here. I try to check out other forums every once in a while to see what's up, but I don't really have it in me to be posting all over the internet.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here