How many times (not partners) have you had sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite gender?
0 (I am male)
46.6% (309)
46.6% (309)
Less then 5 (I am male)
11.8% (78)
11.8% (78)
Between 5 and 10 (I am male)
5% (33)
5% (33)
More than 10 / I don't know (I am male)
26.7% (177)
26.7% (177)
0 (I am female)
3.2% (21)
3.2% (21)
Less than 5 (I am female)
1.4% (9)
1.4% (9)
Between 5 and 10 (I am female)
0.6% (4)
0.6% (4)
More than 10 / I don't know (I am female)
3.9% (26)
3.9% (26)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Super-scientific sex poll! (Vote only if 18 or older)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

DRes82:

MetalMagpie:

Zack Alklazaris:
0, absolute 0. I don't fuck for fun. I find it disgusting and too high risk for such little reward. Yes, I'm probably the only guy in the world who thinks like that.

Look, all of you can have all the stranger sex you want, but you wont ever get it from me. Thats all I'm saying. Not trying to step on anyones toes.

Wow. Where did that come from? From glancing down the replies so far, pretty much everyone has either replied with "I'm a virgin" or "I have a boyfriend/girlfriend"!

Must...not...be...mean...

He sounds a little bitter if you ask me. Seriously though, its not that hard to find an agreeable girlfriend or boyfriend...or whatever it is that you're into.

I will help someone with this before it passes from the collective forum interest, or die trying.

Possibly misread the poll and think it's partners not instances? *shrugs*

Anyhoo. As tempting as it is, I suspect it's a bad idea to try too hard to "help" people find partners. From my experience, a lot of people who complain loudly about not being able to find a partner aren't actually looking for one. They just feel like they need to express an interest in order not to be seen as gay/frigid/some-other-teenage-paranoia.

I have a university friend who complains almost constantly about not having a boyfriend, but any attempt to provide assistance in this just results in "Oh, I don't know. I'll probably wait until I move to London." So I've given up. She'll find a guy when she wants one.

DRes82:

MetalMagpie:

Zack Alklazaris:
0, absolute 0. I don't fuck for fun. I find it disgusting and too high risk for such little reward. Yes, I'm probably the only guy in the world who thinks like that.

Look, all of you can have all the stranger sex you want, but you wont ever get it from me. Thats all I'm saying. Not trying to step on anyones toes.

Wow. Where did that come from? From glancing down the replies so far, pretty much everyone has either replied with "I'm a virgin" or "I have a boyfriend/girlfriend"!

He sounds a little bitter if you ask me. Seriously though, its not that hard to find an agreeable girlfriend or boyfriend...or whatever it is that you're into.

I will help someone with this before it passes from the collective forum interest, or die trying.

"How many times (not partners) have you had sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite gender?"

I'm sorry I was confused by the bold. I thought how many times have you had sex with people who are NOT considered partners as in an actual relationship. My bad.

In that case its more time than I can count that I've had sex. After marriage it just becomes part of life.

BringBackBuck:
Also:

Zack Alklazaris:
I don't fuck for fun

What better reason is there to fuck?

*ponders*

I can think of two.

1. Making babies.
Little squirmy babies who will grow into moody teenagers, who will in turn grow up to be either Leader of the Free World or a used car salesman.

2. Building trust in a relationship.
Although there's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg argument there about whether having sex builds trust or requires trust. Possibly depends what sort of person you are. (And what sort of sex you have.) This needs more thinking. And science.

But yeah, if you're not in a relationship and you're not after children, that just leaves fun! :D

Doclector:
Well, by the looks of things, finding a girl who won't be turned off by my complete lack of experience is...impossible.

That's just not true. I know at least two girls who have said that they find male virginity arousing. And why shouldn't they? Men admit to this ALL the time.

Phasmal:
Oh piss I misread. - 1 For the less than five female, that was my fuckup (this is what happens when I play Xbox and use laptop at the same time).
Times not partners.
I've been with my boyfriend for three years. What do you think.

Crap bags, I made the same mistake and I also blame using laptop and xbox at the same time.

Sorry OP, I made a dumb.

Zack Alklazaris:

DRes82:

MetalMagpie:

"How many times (not partners) have you had sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite gender?"

I'm sorry I was confused by the bold. I thought how many times have you had sex with people who are NOT considered partners as in an actual relationship. My bad.

In that case its more time than I can count that I've had sex. After marriage it just becomes part of life.

Oh I see. Yeah, that wording could be better!

MetalMagpie:
As tempting as it is, I suspect it's a bad idea to try too hard to "help" people find partners. From my experience, a lot of people who complain loudly about not being able to find a partner aren't actually looking for one. They just feel like they need to express an interest in order not to be seen as gay/frigid/some-other-teenage-paranoia.

Also, this is so true.

Zack Alklazaris:

Its amazing, Im not alone in this world! Make that 2 guys who dont like sex for fun. The only way I would "do it" is because I want children. This coming from a guy who has dated the same girl for 1 year, 6 months. Then again, she would probly kill me if I tried outside of marriage, so problem solved.

EDIT: I saw your other post. Never mind, I am alone apparently :/

MetalMagpie:

BringBackBuck:
Also:

Zack Alklazaris:
I don't fuck for fun

*ponders*

I can think of two.

1. Making babies.
Little squirmy babies who will grow into moody teenagers, who will in turn grow up to be either Leader of the Free World or a used car salesman.

2. Building trust in a relationship.
Although there's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg argument there about whether having sex builds trust or requires trust. Possibly depends what sort of person you are. (And what sort of sex you have.) This needs more thinking. And science.

But yeah, if you're not in a relationship and you're not after children, that just leaves fun! :D

I read your point 2 and all I can think of is like how couples bond over a shared difficult experience? e.g: remember that time when we were backpacking across Laos and lost all of our gear and had to sleep out in a field. Makes for a great story later on, but is actually pretty awful at the time. Girlfriend to boyfriend: "[sigh], I guess we better do this then. It's either this or one of those other trust building exercises where I turn my back and fall backwards and you have to catch me..."

BOOM headshot65:

Zack Alklazaris:

Its amazing, Im not alone in this world! Make that 2 guys who dont like sex for fun. The only way I would "do it" is because I want children. This coming from a guy who has dated the same girl for 1 year, 6 months. Then again, she would probly kill me if I tried outside of marriage, so problem solved.

So am I right in thinking your plan is to get married, financially stable, decide to have children, wait until your wife is ovulating, have lights out missionary position intercourse just once until you (not her) orgasm, and then if she is pregnant never have sex again?

Being in a committed relationship for two years is very nice.

BringBackBuck:

So am I right in thinking your plan is to get married, financially stable, decide to have children, wait until your wife is ovulating, have lights out missionary position intercourse just once until you (not her) orgasm, and then if she is pregnant never have sex again?

Your fancy speech lost me after "Decide to have children", but I am going to go out on a limb and say yes. The ONLY reason I would have sex is to have children. Period. End of. But on the plus side, she feels that way too. Again, problem solved.

Hmm... at 2-4 times a week over a period of two years...

I'd say that's somewhere between 700 and 1400 times. Even then, that's an insignificant number when compared to my friends who have had relationships for 3+ years/multiple partners/incredibly sexually active (according to one friend, she gets laid 8 times a week on average...). So... yeah. Methinks the poll numbers are a bit small when taking into account the sheer number of times people bump uglies.

BOOM headshot65:

BringBackBuck:

Your fancy speech lost me after "Decide to have children", but I am going to go out on a limb and say yes. The ONLY reason I would have sex is to have children. Period. End of. But on the plus side, she feels that way too. Again, problem solved.

Wow. I kind of understand the whole religious not wanting to have sex until your married thing, but not wanting to have sex even in a stable and loving marriage is something I have never heard of before. Now I am curious. I mean there are a few asexual/nonsexual people on the escapist but I hadn't considered that they were in long term relationships. I guess good luck to you for finding someone who is down with that.

BOOM headshot65:

Zack Alklazaris:

lol I'm sorry :(

At first I thought the options were a little low, but at the time I'm posting this over 50% of the women who responded have had sex more than 10 times while over 50% of the men are virgins.

While I don't know how useful those figures are when you ignore the number of partners, (anything less than 10 discrete encounters does imply that the subject has never been in a long term sexual relationship, that aspect may deserve it's own study) if you could get a large enough sample the results might be statistically significant.

Zack Alklazaris:

BOOM headshot65:

Zack Alklazaris:

Wait, sorry if this is too personal and I don't need details but; did you just mean you don't do extramarital stuff or did you mean you don't even have recreational intercourse with your spouse?

I think the words "forever alone" should accurately sum up my predicament here. Probably because terms like "semi-elliptical leaf springs" and "preemptive multitasking" are not at all alien to me.

prophecy2514:

Binnsyboy:

Phasmal:
Oh piss I misread. - 1 For the less than five female, that was my fuckup (this is what happens when I play Xbox and use laptop at the same time).
Times not partners.

Shit, yeah. Made the same mistake.

Oh well!

i did the exact same thing as well.

Why you would find the number of times someones had sex - regardless of the number of sexual partners is - important at all in any kind of way?

It would have been far less complicated if he'd just put 'how many times have you had sex?'

I also find his 10+ cap to be woefully ill informed. I'd call ten times in one year not great, let alone ten times in a life.

Christ...

As for your question, Proph, the OP is kind of weirdly fixated on this sort of thing.

Binnsyboy:

prophecy2514:

Binnsyboy:

Shit, yeah. Made the same mistake.

Oh well!

Why you would find the number of times someones had sex - regardless of the number of sexual partners is - important at all in any kind of way?

It would have been far less complicated if he'd just put 'how many times have you had sex?'

I also find his 10+ cap to be woefully ill informed. I'd call ten times in one year not great, let alone ten times in a life.

Christ...

As for your question, Proph, the OP is kind of weirdly fixated on this sort of thing.

its like asking someone how many cigarettes they've smoked their entire life, or keeping with the sexual theme, how many times have you've masturbated in your life. It doesnt lead to any interesting (or important) insights at all.

BanZeus:

Zack Alklazaris:

BOOM headshot65:

Wait, sorry if this is too personal and I don't need details but; did you just mean you don't do extramarital stuff or did you mean you don't even have recreational intercourse with your spouse?

I don't have sex with people who I don't intend to live with for the rest of my life. I don't wait for marriage, I wait to find that perfect person. Then the sex we do is recreational. I am not ready for kids yet.

Short answer I don't have sex with with random people at parties.

prophecy2514:

Binnsyboy:

prophecy2514:

Christ...

its like asking someone how many cigarettes they've smoked their entire life, or keeping with the sexual theme, how many times have you've masturbated in your life. It doesnt lead to any interesting (or important) insights at all.

I think this is for self validation more than anything, as there's always posters with less than stellar sex lives.

prophecy2514:

Binnsyboy:

prophecy2514:

Christ...

I dunno, there seems to be a significant percentage that are between 0 and 11 encounters. It's certainly not comprehensive but I would argue that it is interesting, else people wouldn't be posting.

BanZeus:

prophecy2514:

Binnsyboy:

Christ...

I dunno, there seems to be a significant percentage that are between 0 and 11 encounters. It's certainly not comprehensive but I would argue that it is interesting, else people wouldn't be posting.

I'm willing to argue 2 points - one is the fact that those answering between 1 to 5 made the mistake that a few posters here have had, and that was misinterpreting the question

the second is the fact this data is skewed monumentally by ignoring two major factors, age and relationship status. These factors can be controlled for by asking the right questions e.g. frequency of sexual activity in couples in stable relationship per x time frame for example - with more detailed instructions included. All this poll is revealing (by accident) is that there are virgins out there on the escapist (...oh really? :o)

Not many, maybe 20 times? Wish it was less u_u

BringBackBuck:
Also:

Zack Alklazaris:
I don't fuck for fun

Procreation, obviously. I know the only time I do that is when I want to continue my legacy.
Yes, that was thinly veiled sarcasm, and I only feel the need to point it out because it's hard to read sarcasm over the internet and there's probably a few people on this website who would say that and mean it.

OT: Somewhere between 0-400. Throw a dart, pick the number it lands on, it'll be somewhere in the rough, general ballpark. Or at least that's what I'll say, since I've never kept count.

Jaythulhu:
Hell, I'm about to hit 34 and I've been sexually active since I was 10.

???

At 10 I was still playing with my Transformers and G.I Joe collection.Without wanting to pry to much were you having full intercourse at that age?

OT:Well I'm 34.I've been in quite a few sexually active relationships since the age of 16(not to mention the occasional one nighter)so I couldn't even begin to guess at the number but suffice to say it's a hell of a lot more than 10

BringBackBuck:
I mean in a new relationship, you really should be getting past 10 in the first weekend.

Barring some very disappointing discoveries in bed.

Personally... I definitely passed the 0-10 in the first two days. It was a nice weekend.

I also really wouldn't be able to pin a number with more certainty than "give or take a few hundred" - especially if you're going about counting every single orgasm as "had sex".

Phasmal:
Times not partners.

Yeah that's kind of the problem with this poll. There is going to be a huge split between 0 and 10+. Anyone who's been in an adult relationship for 6+ months has probably banged AT LEAST 10 times.

People keep track of how many times? Uhm. Wow. Lots then- Ladies ;)
No but seriously, the poll is a bit weird. Who's just having sex a couple of times? People who've only just got into their first relationship? People who've had a couple of one night stands? Wouldn't more sensible options be something like:

What best describes your sex life;-
I've had sex-
Never
Occasionally -random partners
Occasionally -in a longer relationship
Often -random partners
Often -in a longer relationship

Zack Alklazaris:

EDIT: I misread it I thought they were talking about having sex with people who are NOT your partners. Not the amount of times you've had sex.

Haha -.- I thought we had some kind of sexophobe in our midst.

Uhhh hundreds of times I guess, 99% of those times would be with my ex of 1.5 years but about a dozen of those times were just with other girls. And I'm 20 if my age matters in this little poll.

Edit: Wow a lot of people put sex on a ridiculously high pedestal. It's one thing to be careful and safe but its a whole different story to actively avoid it.

My wife and I have been together for 10 years, and in the last 4 years we have been open. So ALOT alot a lot ....etc.
So in the Prime of our younger days, a couple times a day, weeks straight. Felt like superman.

Captcha: Up and away
Oh, Captcha you make me laugh so hard some days.

Easily over 10 and no serious relationships still not a whore though i have only been with 4 women. To be honest I think it is due to their previous boyfriends being hideous in bed. I mean damn if you can not last more than two minutes do not be surprised if you get cheated on.

Zip, none, notta, zero. Don't expect to any time soon either.

EDIT: Seen the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin? Yeah that's going to be me in another 10 years, except minus the 2 douchebag friends and the happy ending.

Wait, what?

Surely if you've been in a relationship where you start to have sex, in about a month you've had sex more than ten times? At least, teens/young adults would? Doesn't that mean the poll is just going to end up being a majority split between 0 and 10+ between both sexes?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked