How many times (not partners) have you had sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite gender?
0 (I am male)
46.8% (310)
46.8% (310)
Less then 5 (I am male)
11.8% (78)
11.8% (78)
Between 5 and 10 (I am male)
5% (33)
5% (33)
More than 10 / I don't know (I am male)
26.7% (177)
26.7% (177)
0 (I am female)
3.2% (21)
3.2% (21)
Less than 5 (I am female)
1.4% (9)
1.4% (9)
Between 5 and 10 (I am female)
0.6% (4)
0.6% (4)
More than 10 / I don't know (I am female)
3.9% (26)
3.9% (26)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Super-scientific sex poll! (Vote only if 18 or older)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

MetalDooley:

Jaythulhu:
*snip*

At 10 I was still playing with my Transformers and G.I Joe collection.Without wanting to pry to much were you having full intercourse at that age?

Yes. I hit puberty between the age of 7 & 8.

That said, I was still playing with my Transformers, GI Joes & nintendo too. It's not like I was having Charlie Sheen parties under the star wars sheets every night. Just the nights my parents went out and the babysitter came over (14yo daughter of one of dad's workmates, iirc).

zelda2fanboy:

There aren't enough options available to get an age breakdown by demographic, so let's say you can only vote in this thread if you are between the ages of 18 and 30 - typically the people most likely to moan about not getting any, but not so young that it's technically against the law if they did have sex.

Age of consent varies between countries so you should probably have just gone for "if you're above the age of consent" if at all.

are we counting oral as well?

as in, having had 10 sexual encounters with the other gender?

ever?

might as well just start up a new "SO HOW OLD R U" thread.

BringBackBuck:

Wow. I kind of understand the whole religious not wanting to have sex until your married thing,

Except neither of us are religious, so I dont think that is what is up.

but not wanting to have sex even in a stable and loving marriage is something I have never heard of before.

I will admit its rare. The only other person I know like that is one of my friends who has health problems (just to be clear: to her, sex=harmful, pregnacy=fatal). For us, its because we dont see the point when we can get just as close while keeping our clothing on and talking. That and it just doesnt fit into our sceduale of videogames, military, anime, military, classic cars and motorcycles, military, writing stories, and maybe some military if we have nothing else to do.

Now I am curious. I mean there are a few asexual/nonsexual people on the escapist but I hadn't considered that they were in long term relationships.

What, so just because i am asexual, that somehow means I cant love someone as more than a friend and want to spend the rest of my life with them and start a family. I just dont like sex. AT ALL! But I like hugging, cuddling, and kissing (but those last 2 are reserved for gf). And trust me, if there was a way to have my own biological children without having sex, I would take it.

I guess good luck to you for finding someone who is down with that.

Oh, this isnt all. Me, her, and my friends have a joke running that we cant figure out if I am a clone of her, or she is a clone of me. That is how similar our interest are.

Had drunk sex with a girl that I was dating once. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it was a very succesful night.

That's it. Other then that, I've only had sex with woman that I was in a relationship with.

AngloDoom:
Wait, what?

Surely if you've been in a relationship where you start to have sex, in about a month you've had sex more than ten times? At least, teens/young adults would? Doesn't that mean the poll is just going to end up being a majority split between 0 and 10+ between both sexes?

Yes, and it looks like it's heading that way. The 0 (and everything in between) pretty much includes people who have never been in a committed sexual relationship (or people who don't pay close attention to what they read). So, it's pretty much split evenly between girl virgins and boy virgins, and girls in relationships versus boys in relationships. Therefore, we can postulate that technically on a simple straight forward immature way of looking at it, girls can get laid just as easily as boys. Technically speaking.

I imagine a better poll would be "Are you a virgin over the age of 18?" and have categories for both men and women.

According to the poll so far, women are slightly more likely to sleep with more than 10 partners than to be a virgin, as opposed to men, which are more likely to be a virgin.

Well shit.

Too bad it doesn't look statistically significant.

Phasmal:
Oh piss I misread. - 1 For the less than five female, that was my fuckup (this is what happens when I play Xbox and use laptop at the same time).
Times not partners.
I've been with my boyfriend for three years. What do you think.

Yeah, this poll is kind of absurd. I had sex dozens of times with just one boyfriend, and I've had quite a few boyfriends.

So yeah, I voted female 10+/don't know.

Edit: Also, the fact that the population of the Escapist is heavily male biased is going to make this poll rather lopsided. **sigh**

None.

Virgin who has never had a boyfriend.

Or a kiss that she really counts for that matter.

Also, doesn't believe in casual sex.

zelda2fanboy:

AngloDoom:
Wait, what?

Surely if you've been in a relationship where you start to have sex, in about a month you've had sex more than ten times? At least, teens/young adults would? Doesn't that mean the poll is just going to end up being a majority split between 0 and 10+ between both sexes?

Yes, and it looks like it's heading that way. The 0 (and everything in between) pretty much includes people who have never been in a committed sexual relationship (or people who don't pay close attention to what they read). So, it's pretty much split evenly between girl virgins and boy virgins, and girls in relationships versus boys in relationships. Therefore, we can postulate that technically on a simple straight forward immature way of looking at it, girls can get laid just as easily as boys. Technically speaking.

I imagine a better poll would be "Are you a virgin over the age of 18?" and have categories for both men and women.

that would be a slightly better way, except that polls here mean nothing, i can vote female virgin there while being male with +100, no way to check is there. even on anonymous polls people lie and troll.

ow and what your poll shows is this

-there are alot of virgins here, over 30% of people who voted
-atleast 5% of people dont read threads/polls correctly ... (or play on their phone or xbox apparently)
-more than 10% of people have ever had a sexual relationship

this is all this poll proves, everything else is statistically insignificant or prone to error

This scares me sometimes, I am 20 and turning 21 next month and I am still a virgin. I hang out with friends, I'm geeky with confidence, and I get along with everyone...it just has happen for me yet, I afraid the learning curve here will be pretty harsh on me...anyway my 2 cents

I've had sex a few times but had to vote 0. None were with the opposite gender

zelda2fanboy:
That way, we can ignore "players" who would brag about sleeping with 10 different women or alleged "sluts" who might fudge their own number of sex partners. If you've only had sex ten times with ten different people, it would pale in comparison to someone in a committed relationship who has had sex countless times, if you're looking at raw numbers.

But surely for the sake of finding out who can get laid easier, you want to know how many guys/girls are successful players? After all, we could all probably find one person who's lonely and desperate enough to get into a relationship with us and once you've seduced someone once you usually don't really need to try that hard the next time(s), especially if you're in a relationship.

Would have thought the real test would be getting successfully seducing multiple people?

EDIT: Of course, this would still only work if you polled people who were actually *trying* to pull a lot of people.

BringBackBuck:
I mean in a new relationship, you really should be getting past 10 in the first weekend.

Do you/the girls you date have an iron vagina? If I have sex more than once in a day I need a day to recover, else it's just excruciating for me... :/

lisadagz:

BringBackBuck:
I mean in a new relationship, you really should be getting past 10 in the first weekend.

Do you/the girls you date have an iron vagina? If I have sex more than once in a day I need a day to recover, else it's just excruciating for me... :/

That's weird. Not even at the beginning of a relationship? When my current boyfriend and I first got together we were kind of ridiculous, I'm amazed we managed to get up to go to work.

DRes82:

MetalMagpie:

Zack Alklazaris:
0, absolute 0. I don't fuck for fun. I find it disgusting and too high risk for such little reward. Yes, I'm probably the only guy in the world who thinks like that.

Look, all of you can have all the stranger sex you want, but you wont ever get it from me. Thats all I'm saying. Not trying to step on anyones toes.

Wow. Where did that come from? From glancing down the replies so far, pretty much everyone has either replied with "I'm a virgin" or "I have a boyfriend/girlfriend"!

Must...not...be...mean...

He sounds a little bitter if you ask me. Seriously though, its not that hard to find an agreeable girlfriend or boyfriend...or whatever it is that you're into.

I will help someone with this before it passes from the collective forum interest, or die trying.

For some people.

Some people do not get out much, or meet many people, and other issues. You assume everyone is in the same position as you I suppose. Which is very ignorant.

captcha: Kiss me.

aw shit...

Colour-Scientist:
I've had two long-term sexual relationships for a start, so I lost count a long time ago.
Unless you've only had sex with each person once, I don't really get the point of keeping count.
Do people really do that?

^This. Don't really get the point of this thread, anyone who's been in at least a 1 month relationship will have had sex more than 10 times... If you were doing an underage poll, I'd get it, something like 13-18, but for anyone over 18, the point is pointless.

Mick Golden Blood:
For some people.

Some people do not get out much, or meet many people, and other issues. You assume everyone is in the same position as you I suppose. Which is very ignorant.

aw shit...

And you assume that you know what position I am in, which I suppose is also ignorant.

I met my wife in a text based rpg. I lived in Maryland, she lived in Florida. You're right, though. I assume that most of the people posting here play video games. If you do that, its not that hard to find someone to connect with. Games provide the perfect pretext for a relationship, and if not the game itself, you have forums, conventions, guilds, whatever. Just put yourself out there.

There are 7 billion people on this planet. I promise that its not difficult to find someone. Regardless of your situation.

game-lover:
None.

I will go for this options well.

I never really understand the worlds fixation with sex. Like virginity is a dirty word.
This obsession is making kids who are already "chemically unstable" due to the influx of hormones think it is bad to stay a virgin after 17/18 years.

ps. I am not saying that i think sex is wrong, what others do in their bedroom is not of my concern what I just do not understand is the fixation.

DRes82:

Mick Golden Blood:
For some people.

aw shit...

And you assume that you know what position I am in, which I suppose is also ignorant.

But considering you say it's easy it's implied that for you yourself and your situation it must be easy.

I met my wife in a text based rpg. I lived in Maryland, she lived in Florida. You're right, though. I assume that most of the people posting here play video games. If you do that, its not that hard to find someone to connect with. Games provide the perfect pretext for a relationship, and if not the game itself, you have forums, conventions, guilds, whatever. Just put yourself out there.

There are 7 billion people on this planet. I promise that its not difficult to find someone. Regardless of your situation.

I don't believe you. Imagine how many of those 7 billion people are already in a relationship.

Are not connected to the internet.

Aren't anywhere near you. (Also possibly do not have the financial abilities to move or even so much as meet you)

Etc.

As well, unless you also imply that I just go for anyone as long as I like them, other baggage aside... Which I don't think is such but still :>.

lisadagz:

If I have sex more than once in a day I need a day to recover, else it's just excruciating for me... :/

Don't mean to worry you there, but you might want to get that checked out. I've been in a few sexual relationships and I've not had this problem, except with one girl who suffered from a rather personal medical condition.

I'm not saying you have that same problem, but unless the guys you have been sleeping with were all excessively 'well hung' or excessively rough, that seems a bit weird to me.

game-lover:
None.

Change that "boyfriend" for a "girlfriend" and it will be me. Oh, and in the case of kissing there is nothing to count, really.

I'm just too scared of implications of letting someone get close to me. Being overthinking, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic prick probably doesn't help either...

prophecy2514:

I'm willing to argue 2 points - one is the fact that those answering between 1 to 5 made the mistake that a few posters here have had, and that was misinterpreting the question

the second is the fact this data is skewed monumentally by ignoring two major factors, age and relationship status. These factors can be controlled for by asking the right questions e.g. frequency of sexual activity in couples in stable relationship per x time frame for example - with more detailed instructions included. All this poll is revealing (by accident) is that there are virgins out there on the escapist (...oh really? :o)

Your first point is valid but any poll is going to have a margin of error.

As to your second, if a rough percentage of male vs female virgins is part of what you're looking for, it's not a failure to find it. If you think you can do better the forums are open to throw up your own competing super-scientific sex poll done the "right" way. I'm sure someone will come along soon to offer helpful suggestions like you did here.

: )

oh my god... this poll (or rather, the results so far) makes me sad

also, how'd you come up with these small numbers? 10x as the max. tangible number? i lol'd ^^

good luck with this scientific project of yours, though *thumbs-up* :D

Ten is way to low, you can hit that in a single "romantic" weekend away. Spread that over the fact that most people have at least 2-3 partners an the number is just silly.

BringBackBuck:
Wow. I kind of understand the whole religious not wanting to have sex until your married thing, but not wanting to have sex even in a stable and loving marriage is something I have never heard of before. Now I am curious. I mean there are a few asexual/nonsexual people on the escapist but I hadn't considered that they were in long term relationships. I guess good luck to you for finding someone who is down with that.

leave it..seriously

he takes the "no sex before marrage" to insane crazy levels..youve got better things to do than bash your head against this wall

Zack Alklazaris:
I don't have sex with people who I don't intend to live with for the rest of my life. I don't wait for marriage, I wait to find that perfect person. Then the sex we do is recreational. I am not ready for kids yet.

Short answer I don't have sex with with random people at parties.

so if its not "gotta wait untill the SUPER DUPER PERFECT SPECIAL I WILL SPENT THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH YOOOUUUU"

or its "fucking everything that movie....at partys"

no in between?

I've had 3 different girlfriends, my current one, we've been dating for 2 years.

So... yeah. More then 10. I won't get into a better estimate then that, but you'd call me a whore. But I mean shit, thats just kind of what happens when your in a relationship and you both like sex.

AngloDoom:

lisadagz:

If I have sex more than once in a day I need a day to recover, else it's just excruciating for me... :/

Don't mean to worry you there, but you might want to get that checked out. I've been in a few sexual relationships and I've not had this problem, except with one girl who suffered from a rather personal medical condition.

I'm not saying you have that same problem, but unless the guys you have been sleeping with were all excessively 'well hung' or excessively rough, that seems a bit weird to me.

You know, that... wouldn't surprise me. If it's not a physical condition it may be a psychological condition; my last two boyfriends dumped me for not putting out enough (that's a harsh way of putting it but it's what it boiled down to) so it has been a concern for me anyway.

Needed to go to my local clinic to have a talk with them about options since coming off of the pill so I'll bring it up. Thanks for flagging that for me, it hadn't really crossed my mind before!

Wow people are actually voting 10. I mean that's insane my personal best is 8 in a day, 13 in a full weekend. Good memories. Called that the "Baker's Weekend" because 13 is a bakers dozen and she got a yeast infection after it.

Ooh... in a lifetime, nevermind.

Opposite gender- 0
Same gender- 2

It took me a while to realize that this is a necro ._.

i object to the fact "More than 10 / I don't know" is linked together :P

i am 40 odd year old y'know...i've almost "been serious" with more girls than that...and i remember all of them tyvm -.-

Binnsyboy:

Phasmal:
Oh piss I misread. - 1 For the less than five female, that was my fuckup (this is what happens when I play Xbox and use laptop at the same time).
Times not partners.

Shit, yeah. Made the same mistake.

Oh well!

You're not alone.

Yeah. -1 for the 0-5, +1 for the "too many to count"!! ;O)

IckleMissMayhem:

Binnsyboy:

Phasmal:
Times not partners.

Shit, yeah. Made the same mistake.

Oh well!

You're not alone.

Yeah. -1 for the 0-5, +1 for the "too many to count"!! ;O)

It appears we've got a necro.

I decided to forget this poll and go back to fornicating forgetfully, surveys be damned!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked