For MLP fans: Who is Octavia

So lately i have been hearing a lot of talk in the my little pony community about Octavia, and i know that in season 3 she will have a song with rarity. what i dont understand is why. i mean i know which pony she is but she has only been seen in 2 episodes and never once has she spoken. i get why bronies love derpy, the story behind her is funny and picking her out in each episode is like a game. i also get why people loved vinyl scratch (or dj p0n3), she just looks fuckin awesome. Octavia seems to just kind of be...there. so help me out here, mlp community, whats so special about octavia?

Interesting, I hadn't heard about this musical # with Rarity, although it makes sense that the two of them would be a good match. They both represent the same "refined, aristocratic" sensibilities. If Rarity was choosing her accompanist, Octavia would be the logical choice.
As to why she's so popular, I don't know. She's like... the Yin to Vinyl's Yang?

I don't think what was said at Comic-Con can be taken as actual confirmation of her appearing in season 3. It seems to me like all of it was made up on the spot. The voice actors were asked to give a voice to a grey, cello-playing earth pony, and I reckon the duet just rose out of that - she's plays music, so she can have a song, she's classy, so it will be with Rarity.

I hope I'm wrong, and she does have a role in season 3, because Octavia is my favourite background pony, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

...She just looked classy. People take a liking to weirder and even more pointless background characters.

Octavia is mainly thought to be a close friend (or lesbian partner) to Vinyl Scratch (DJ P0N-3), and that's why she's so popular in the fandom.

I mean, look at how many views this video got:

1.5 million views. Yeah.

00slash00:
So lately i have been hearing a lot of talk in the my little pony community about Octavia, and i know that in season 3 she will have a song with rarity. what i dont understand is why. i mean i know which pony she is but she has only been seen in 2 episodes and never once has she spoken. i get why bronies love derpy, the story behind her is funny and picking her out in each episode is like a game. i also get why people loved vinyl scratch (or dj p0n3), she just looks fuckin awesome. Octavia seems to just kind of be...there. so help me out here, mlp community, whats so special about octavia?

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Octavia

Its not really hard to see why shes liked ;P

Not sure what to say. I mean she appear in the Gala episode (part of that band that Pinkie Pie was in). I think it her playing that instrument with her hoove, had a very human looking mane and an overall posh/ classic just of apperance appeal to alot of people (well I thought she was interesting looking when I first saw her).

00slash00:

*Bursts into the Place*

SpartanXIII: Halo fan and Brony, Octavia's #1 Fan!!!

Octavia is a Grey coated, Darker Grey/Black Maned Pony who first appeared in MLP: FIM S01E26...."The Best Night Ever". She reappeared in S02E10, "Sweet and Elite" and a Reskinned version appeared in S02E04, "Luna Eclipsed". She's often portrayed in the Fandom as Classy but not Arrogant, Somewhat up to date with the world but doesn't understand parts of it, like Wubstep!

She's often paired with Vinyl Scratch, a DJ pony whose Fanon personality is the opposite of Octavia, being Loud, obnoxious and confused as to why Classical music is still liked. The Red Oni to Octavia's Blue Oni. Despite that though, they're still close friends (Or "Close Friends" if you're into that sort of thing). She's also friends with members of her band and has been assumed on more than one occasion to be Pinkie Pie's sister.

There is the basis of Octavia. If you have any more questions you can reach me here:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/chat/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic?added=1#

And now, some Octavia based music......founded on a Beatles song!

00slash00:
and never once has she spoken.

Ha! You're not that into the actual fandom are you son. It doesnt take much for a character to become popular. I mean, this guy has his own fanfics for Luna's sake!

And he was in one episode.

But yeah, I'm guessing she's so popular because she's one of the few music based ponies. So thats kind of a focus for mlp musicians.

Everything we know about her comes from the fans giving her a fleashed out personality.

As with many other background ponies, it obviously started with her design catching people's attention. The more she was featured in fan works, the more people latched onto her, and her popularity/recognition naturally grew.

Welcome to fandom.

Shadowstar38:

00slash00:
and never once has she spoken.

Ha! You're not that into the actual fandom are you son. It doesnt take much for a character to become popular. I mean, this guy has his own fanfics for Luna's sake!

And he was in one episode.

But yeah, I'm guessing she's so popular because she's one of the few music based ponies. So thats kind of a focus for mlp musicians.

Everything we know about her comes from the fans giving her a fleashed out personality.

no, i dont pay much attention to the fandom. i love the show and the remixes but thats where my interest in mlp pretty much ends. never read any fan stories or pony chan or anything like that. i mean i was mostly done with season 1 before i even heard about derpy hooves

chadachada123:
Octavia is mainly thought to be a close friend (or lesbian partner) to Vinyl Scratch (DJ P0N-3), and that's why she's so popular in the fandom.

I mean, look at how many views this video got:

1.5 million views. Yeah.

i feel like people just assume everyone is in a lesbian relationship with everyone in this show. i saw that video when i was trying to figure out why she was so popular. i thought thr video was funny but i see no suggestion of a lesbian relationship. it also doesnt make sense to me why octavia would live in ponyville if all the episodes shes been in, have her performing in canterlot...but maybe im thinking about this too hard.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked