Stand-Up Comedians?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I enjoy stand-up very much and I was wondering if can somebody recommend me some funny stand up comedians.

Thank you in advance.

Russell Howard is hilarious :D

As is Dara O'Briain.

Very relevant, very funny.

Bill Hicks nuff said.

Imthatguy:
Bill Hicks nuff said.

This, Bill Hicks is bloody hilarious.

OT: Jim Jeuffries, he is crude and if you aren't a pussy who gets offended easily, you are n for a fucking good time! Look up Alcoholocaust! he is easily my favorite stand-up comic!

Daniel Tosh

OT: Some of my favourites are Frankie Boyle, Chris Rock, Dara O'Briain, Russell Howard and Lee Evans. Oh and I love the one-liner stuff of Milton Jones and Stewart Francis.

Bill Hicks = legend

not for everyone but Michael Mcintyre is pretty funny
Peter Kay - is fucking hilarious though if you aint british some of the humour is lost
Bill Bailey - my fave, though his recent shows have been a let down, he does kinda surreal stuff
Frankey Boyle - not if youre easily offended, basically shock comedy
Omid Djalili - you'll know him straight away, been in heaps of films, Gladiator, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, also does quite a funny show - Iran's only stand up comic ^^

Im a stand up comic but I always sit and slouch and I got my girlfiend pregnant on my sterile uncles pull out couch.

-Bo Burnham

Also Patton Oswalt.

Stewart. Lee.
I don't know why he's funny, it's hard to put a finger on it, but he IS so funny.

Mitch Hedberg. Is he well known? Because anytime I mention him, people are either "who's he?" or "yeah, yeah, everyone knows Mitch Hedberg." So I guess he's famous in standup circles?

Important thing is he's very funny

WolfCross:
Omid Djalili - you'll know him straight away, been in heaps of films, Gladiator, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, also does quite a funny show - Iran's only stand up comic ^^

He was Yusuf Amir as well in Ballad of Gay Tony. Best character in GTA :D

Also Shappi Khorsandi is Iranian too.

Christopher Titus
George Carlin
Brett Butler
Adam Ferrara
Craig Ferguson
Tommy Tiernan
Eddie Izzard
Bill Engvall
Ron White
Jeff Foxworthy
Gabriel Iglesias
Brian Regan
Lisa Lampanelli
Sam Kinison
Denis Leary
Robin Williams
Louis C.K.
Lewis Black
John Pinette
Hal Sparks
The Amazing Johnathon
Kathleen Madigan
Whitney Cummings
Greg Behrendt
Richard Pryor
Drew Hasting
Steven Wright
Tom Wilson
Kat Williams

I know of some more good ones but they're not coming to mind so...yeah hopefully that will get you started. ^^

Screamarie:

The Amazing Johnathon

His special is my most favorite comedy special of all time.

India... land of the buck-toothed snake.

It really depends on your tastes.

Some of my favorites:

* Lewis Black - Famous for his "angry" and cynical style, tears the crap out of both sides of politics, consumerism, religion, etc. If you hold anything sacred, he'll probably offend you.

* Louis C. K. - Not bad, but not the best. Less political than Lewis Black, more vulgar.

* Bill Hicks (RIP) - Already mentioned. Like Lewis Black, but more cerebral and idealistic.

* Eddie Izzard - Same sort as Bill Hicks, but British and dressed as a woman. Also has a lot of geek appeal (Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR references).

* George Carlin (RIP) - If you need to know who this guy is, just give up.

Easton Dark:

Screamarie:

The Amazing Johnathon

His special is my most favorite comedy special of all time.

India... land of the buck-toothed snake.

I've never seen a comedian that can make flipping the bird funnier than The Amazing Johnathon can.

Jeff Dunham ain't too bad, although the only two of his puppets Walter and Peanut are worth the time.

Akimoto:
Jeff Dunham ain't too bad, although the only two of his puppets Walter and Peanut are worth the time.

He was pretty good 20 years ago. Now it's just the same old schlock with a bunch of unfunny racist crap for spice. :P

I like Gabriel Igalsias, Simon King, and David Huntsberger the most.

Other than that?

Jeff Dunham, George Carlin, and Jim Gaffigan.

I like John Mulaney, Maria Bamford, Jim Gaffigan, and Patton Oswalt right now.

I think Brian Regan is awesome. He makes being funny and clean look easy. Really easy.

My current favorites are:

Bo Burnham
Daniel Tosh
Patton Oswalt
Brian Posehn
Doug Stanhope
Louis C.K.
Mitch Hedburg
Mike Birbiglia
Ricky Gervais

I've seen Posehn and Stanhope live, amazing shows. I'll finally be going to a Louis C.K. show coming up as well, can't wait!

Well, you can never really go wrong with British comics.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArseRaptor <This guy uploads hundreds of videos of British comics.

Just make sure you like British comedy...

Dylan Moran would have to be my favourite, followed by Bill Bailey. Those two cracketh me up.

The best off the top of my head would have to be Dara O'Briain, Michael McIntyre, the late George Carlin, Rowan Atkinson, Phil Jupitus, and quite a few people who have been on QI and mock the week.

Dave Gorman's great. Although he's not done much in the stand up arena, what he has done is fantastic.

WolfCross:
Bill Hicks = legend

Rest in peace, Bill. Just discovered him a few months back. Cancer blows.

Still living comedians? Eddie Izzard FTW. "Cake or death?"

Patton Oswald for sure. Another funny guy is Ryan Stout saw him and a few others live a couple months ago and he was hands down the funniest comic at the show

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned Christian Finnegan. The guy has an entire joke about how he loves video games.

Gloria, hallelujah, and excelsis deo.

Dylan Moran

Brian Regan

Steve Hughes

There are way more but these 3 are all amazing.

The late, great Patrice O'Neal.

Until his death this past November, he was the funniest living comic, hands down.

Here's some O'Neal on Tough Crowd

I have to third the late, great Mitch Hedberg. He is quite entertaining. Here is a collection of jokes, to give you an idea of his humor style.

Denis Leary and Christopher Titus seem to be missing off everyone's list. I am disappoint.

I like Jim Jefferies...<.<

Jim Jeffries. Here's part one of a show he did earlier this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4Kc7U0fU4

Louis CK, he's a genieus, he's also got a tv show with two seasons, and I thhink the third one's in the making:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7DitJPndr8

His show: http://www.1channel.ch/tv-353439-Louie/

Christopher Titus
Denis Leary
Gabriel Iglecias
Jim Gaffigan
Lewis Black
George Carlin
Brian Regan
Mitch Hedberg
Ralphie May (definitely not for those that enjoy the clean comedian)
Bill Maher is good for political humour
Dave Chappelle
Patton Oswalt

All of these have been mentioned, but:

Eddie Izzard
George Carlin
Louis C.K.
Ricky Gervais
Robin Williams (his old stuff is great albeit dated)
Jimmy Carr
There's a few Swedish comedians I would recommed if you spoke the language. The only one (that I know of) that does shows in english is Magnus Betnér. Check him out. very funny stuff!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked