What Do You Refuse to Accept as Fact?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Read the Bold Font Please.

NOTE: I would very much appreciate it if no one brings up religion. We all know that there are people who don't believe in religion thus that's perfectly okay but please don't post about religion in any way or form on here. Thank you kindly.

... Alrighty then, now onto the topic!

Topic: There are myths, truths, and facts in the world which we come across everyday. Whether it be how the final episode in a series ended, or perhaps scientists inventing robotic jellyfishes. Ether way, there's a lot of things we come to know and learn.. however there are some things we just don't want to accept regardless if it's happened, if it was shown, or even to be a rumor you deny it.

Question: What do you refuse to accept? An example for me would be how America came to be. I just want to refuse how corrupted, and bad our government has gotten. Like, no matter who's running for our state's governor to our overall president of the USA... it seems to not help our country out for the better. Politics lie, our tax money used on .. debating if pizza is a vegetable in congress, and other stuff at hand. Just really worries me, thus I feel like refusing that fact.

I refuse to believe Walt Disney was an anti-Semite. There is just no evidence of it at all. He used no characters or stereotypes that other animators and entertainers weren't using at the time. As far as I've been able to discover, the very first charge of this came from the Simpsons. It just amazes me how much people take it seriously now.

I refuse to accept that two years of conscription is supposed to be good for me.

Stupid old-fashioned government...

if somthing is generally accepted as "fact" as backed up by evidence then Id have a hard time rejecting it, I dont think many people rejected what is considerd "fact" (like gravity not being caused by a black hole just under the suface of the earth thats sucking everything down)

everything else is subjective

that somone...ANYONE at Bioware looked at the ending and thought "yeah...this is good"

or that the Wii "won" the current generation...oh sure it sold a metric fuck ton and was by no means a failure in THAT regard

but that doesnt mean it was a good console or the best of the generation...just like 50 shades of grey is not a good book just because it sold well

Lilani:
I refuse to believe Walt Disney was an anti-Semite. There is just no evidence of it at all. He used no characters or stereotypes that other animators and entertainers weren't using at the time. As far as I've been able to discover, the very first charge of this came from the Simpsons. It just amazes me how much people take it seriously now.

Pretty much this as well. I just don't see it unless I travel back in time and hear the man make anti-semite comments or something.

Also, I refuse to believe on any grounds that that piece of shit "50 Shades of Grey" is a best seller made from fucking fan-fiction. I know the lord has it in for me but that's just too harsh I think.

I refuse to believe any conspiracy theory that relies on government competence and the keeping of secrets over a long period by anyone. Clearly conspiracy theorists have never met elected officials or public servants, or indeed human beings.

That twilight is any good. That well never be ever be fact. EVER. IN THE HISTORY OF THAT WAS, IS AND IS TO COME! IN ALL POSSIBLE ALTERNATE UNIVERSES OR TIMELINESS!

Let's just hope that there aren't any 9/11 truthers hanging around, OP, or we're all in trouble.

OT: I refuse to believe that God will allow the Adam Sandler "Candyland" movie to be released. I'm pretty sure that as soon as they finish editing it that lightning will strike the tape out of existence because fate will not allow a movie that bad.

I refuse to accept that people think EA is the worst company in America.

Lilani:

He was an anti-semite in the pre-hitler gas chambers sense. So more a garden variety racist than anything.

That other people perceive color as I do. I kinda skip over most epistemology stuff as I honestly couldn't care less, but ever since I was a kid I have wondered about this.

I refuse to believe that Sarah Jessica Parker is human.
She was clearly concieved as a plot by horses to give themselves contact with humans, and a failed attempt for them to over throw our race's dominance in earth's society.
Aparently Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Hocus Pocus, and Sex in the City were not powerful enough for the horses to gain a strong enough grip on the media to implace brainwash propaganda.

I refuse to accept as fact anything which is not fact.
Seems rather meta, but that's how it is.

I refuse to believe that Women poop, it just doesn't happen.

I refuse to believe 2001: A Space Odyssey ISN'T the greatest thing ever.
God, I love that movie...

I refuse to believe anything that's unsupported by evidence. I don't make belief claims based on what I would like to be true.

I refuse to believe that scientists know as much as they think they do about the universe.

Edit: Keep 'em coming guys, I don't think I've ever had this many replies to one comment, it's awesome. Do I get a badge or something?

I refuse to accept that all of you aren't just a figment of my imagination.

SomeLameStuff:
I refuse to accept that two years of conscription is supposed to be good for me.

Stupid old-fashioned government...

If that was around for me I'd have to agree with that. That sounds like it really sucks XP

I'm stubborn as an old muel, so i refuse to accept that i am ever wrong. That's right, the sky's purple, chickens only eat cupcakes, and the taco is the only known natural predator of the great white shark.

I refuse to believe that no one in the world has built a giant piloted robot. Somewhere in an evil genius' underground government funded base there has to be one.

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Now, I'm swimming in credits, but apparently everyone else has less than one million. They've released metrics that show that the vast majority of level 50's have less than one million credits, but I just find it so hard to believe.

At this point im pretty sure Half-Life 3 is an urban legend.

I refuse to believe anything related to it any more.
It's like a Christmas night where Santa that never comes, no matter how good, (or how much we buy from Steam sales) we were.

Captcha:
Are you a Human?

I was about to sleep, but now this damn thing has me questioning my existence again.

I refuse to accept any notion that the world will suddenly come to an en-

The Anakin Skywalker we saw the prequel films cannot be the same person as Darth Vader in the original films. They just aren't the same person.

Why would i refuse to accept anything as fact?

I might doubt something being true, but i would never downright refuse to accept things as facts.

Because, if it is a fact, and i refused to believe it, that would by definition make me wrong.

However, there are several THEORIES i refuse to accept as facts.

Like the theory that black peoples absence in mensa is related to something else than them being dumber.

I refuse to believe that when I try to cancel automatic renewal on xbox live, the error that keeps me from making that change, and that was still there when I did it again a year later, is unintentional.

If it's a provable fact then I have to accept it as such.

I don't have to like it but that's a different issue altogether.

I refuse to believe women are more intelligent, (The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills) than men.

It doesn't matter what any IQ survey says. I just don't see it. If women score higher then all that tells me is that a woman designed the questions.

^Just remember that most posts in this thread aren't 100% justified opinions and I willingly admit that mine is quite possibly one of them.

I refuse to believe that we have proof of that we arn't just a dream/computersimulation, as we don't have any proof whatsoever that our reality is "real" that isn't based on other evidence that is based on a set of rules we have created to understand the world we live in.

I refuse to believe that Shakespeare was the greatest author of all time, or that any "classics" as pushed by the academical community are that great. Except for Pride& Prejudice (the only one of these books which sells numerous copies outside of the academic sphere).

I'm also a bit iffy about some high level physics stuff. That it's impossible to go faster than light and that you can slow down time (relatively). Mostly because we've said that a lot of things are impossible that we are doing today, and time is a human concept.

I simply refuse to believe that "My Immortal" is not a troll fic. NO ONE misspells "Azkaban" as "Azerbaijan". NO ONE.

I refuse to believe that dog's can look up.
P.S someone will hopefully get the reference.

Ledan:
I'm also a bit iffy about some high level physics stuff. That it's impossible to go faster than light and that you can slow down time (relatively). Mostly because we've said that a lot of things are impossible that we are doing today, and time is a human concept.

Here's an example of why even approaching the speed of light is incredibly risky and implausible.

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

I refuse to accept the possibility that everything I know could not exist. This is what allows me to not go insane and continue talking to rocks without thinking I'm talking to myself.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked