Give me things to draw, please.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Update 31/01/13: I'm going to try and start finishing all the requests on here, so, in the meantime, I've updated the OP with more recent drawings --mostly finished-- that weren't requests.

Morning all, I've been doing a lot of drawing lately to practice anatomy (it will shortly become evident how much practice I need) and am looking for suggestions for more things to draw.

So, what video game people (or from films, anime etc) would you like me to draw for you?

Some examples of my recent stuff:

I was going to suggest Kaori/Kojiroh my favourite character from The Last Blade 2 but I just realized that there is no way to easily acquire that game and show it to you, not sure but you're work seems to be comprised of very bold lines and seems rather aggressive looking, I'd suggest to try a character with softer more delicate features, but I can't quite think of one, but it seems like that may be good practice, but then again what do I know I don't draw.

rob_simple:
snip

Draw Solid Snake being tortured by Ocelot from MGS1.

Very nice I must say!
Being a DeviantArt member, I would like to know if you want where did you learn to draw like this [a lot of practise, tutorials, read a lot of books, etc?].

Ok, if you like you can create a fanart from a Character I own:

Videogame Smile Skull

If you finish with the artwork, please PV me so I can see it myself

Also do you have a DeviantArt Account? I would like to visit it and of course Favoutite your artwork.

SweetShark:
Very nice I must say!
Being a DeviantArt member, I would like to know if you want where did you learn to draw like this [a lot of practise, tutorials, read a lot of books, etc?].

Videogame Smile Skull

Also do you have a DeviantArt Account? I would like to visit it and of course Favoutite your artwork.

I learned most of what I currently know from Anatomy for the Artist when I finally got a copy from my local library, as well as a lot of the artists who feature predominantly in my DA favourites. Also I watch a lot of martial arts films --mainly Tony Jaa-- to try and study poses and form(although that doesn't really come across in a lot of my current work).

Oh, and my deviant art is here so feel free to come visit!

These suggestions are all good so far, I'll start working on them just now and quote your posts when they're done (might take a little longer for some). Thanks everyone.

Dr. McNinja versus the Pyro from Team Fortress 2.

rob_simple:

SweetShark:
Very nice I must say!

Videogame Smile Skull

I learned most of what I currently know from Anatomy for the Artist when I finally got a copy from my local library, and also I watch a lot of martial arts films --mainly Tony Jaa-- to try and study poses (although that doesn't really come across in a lot of my current work).

Oh, and my deviant art is here eddybagel.deviantart.com so feel free to come visit!

These suggestions are all good so far, I'll start working on them just now and quote your posts when they're done (might take a little longer for some). Thanks everyone.

Thank you for your info.
I will pay a visit right now to your site.
If you like PV in my DeviantArt Account I have also:

http://sweetshark.deviantart.com/

Not a good artist myself. But I am trying to find some hours free to improve my skills.
Check if you like some tutorials I have they can help.

Cheers!!!

How about Spider-man being choke-slammed through a wall by Venom? Venom would need to have the big nasty ass slimy tongue out, maybe roaring, and Spidey would be shooting webbing at a car, trying to drag it over and hit Venom on the back of the head with it. Shit'd be coolio

Considering you're practicing anatomy and not textile dynamics, I'm guessing you'd like someone with few clothes.
Also, all the characters in your examples are very bulky. So for some variety, you might want to draw some skinnier characters.

Froggy Slayer:
How about Spider-man being choke-slammed through a wall by Venom? Venom would need to have the big nasty ass slimy tongue out, maybe roaring, and Spidey would be shooting webbing at a car, trying to drag it over and hit Venom on the back of the head with it. Shit'd be coolio

I'm working on something very similar right now, watch this space.

Jonluw:
Considering you're practicing anatomy and not textile dynamics, I'm guessing you'd like someone with few clothes.
Also, all the characters in your examples are very bulky. So for some variety, you might want to draw some skinnier characters.

Yeah I figured that practicing the more extreme examples would give me a better idea of where everything goes, but I think the Avatar characters look pretty cool so I'll give this a go.

leet_x1337:

Well, that took longer than I thought; I hope it turned out alright.

Goku fighting Superman!

The Hulk at a childrens birthday party!

The Terminator endoskeleton playing an Electric guitar!

Do it!

rob_simple:

leet_x1337:

You are a very talented artist.

Do not let anybody tell you otherwise.

This stuff is pretty good, but I just want to ask... what is up with Red Hulk's left arm? Near his hand? Do arms bend like that?

Anyway, as for suggestions, how about Deadpool doing something suitably Deadpool-ish?

Khal Drogo from Game Of Thrones?

Anyone, as long as they are riding on a bearsharkigator.

Gandalf surfing, but wearing his hat!

The Doctor doing a handstand!

Hero in a half shell:

The Hulk at a childrens birthday party!

Do it!

^This!

I love imagining hulk doing adorable things!

Me, like one of your french girls...

OT: Try drawing a fat guy, since you seem to have burly motherfuckers down pretty well.

Maleshep fighting Femshep!

The Medic from Tf2 fighting Arcade Ganon from Fallout New Vegas

Well, I can see that a lot of your original work involves a lot of muscular men, which I think you have down pretty well. If you're thinking about anatomy, I think Riven and Ang are good choices to start with lighter-weight people. The work you did for Riven was good, however I'm not quite so sure about the width of the legs in comparison to the waist. Her top looks feminine, but her bottom half looks like a middle-weight man with a light-weight waist.

Here's another character from League of Legends you might want to give a shot at:

Her name is Karma the Enlightened one, a powerful spellcaster and healer.

Z of the Na'vi:

rob_simple:

leet_x1337:

You are a very talented artist.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Thank you, that's very kind. If you have any requests, just let me know.

hazabaza1:
This stuff is pretty good, but I just want to ask... what is up with Red Hulk's left arm? Near his hand? Do arms bend like that?

Anyway, as for suggestions, how about Deadpool doing something suitably Deadpool-ish?

Annnd now I can't unsee it. I'll be honest, I suck at drawing hands/arms; it's the main reason for all this practice.

I'm gonna do some Deadpool stuff soon, in the meantime perhaps you'll enjoy this older, unfinished piece.

Draw Lara Croft (any of them) doing something in-character that no one would regard "sexist".

Good luck.

rob_simple:

leet_x1337:

Captain Kirk speaking on his communicator, or just Captain Kirk with nothing special. :D

To everyone else: thanks for all the replies/requests, I'll do my best to get through them all as fast as I can!

Awesome work. I like your style. How about Nero from DMC4?

rob_simple:

hazabaza1:

Annnd now I can't unsee it. I'll be honest, I suck at drawing hands/arms; it's the main reason for all this practice.

I'm gonna do some Deadpool stuff soon, in the meantime perhaps you'll enjoy this older, unfinished piece.

Whoops, sorry. Still, everything else is pretty damn good. Liking the Deadpool pic, even if it is unfinished. Looking forward to some more stuff!

Why not draw a fellow Escapist, for the realistic drawing practise?
If you need a volunteer, I could send you a photo if you'd like.

Hum... there's something of about the proportions in those images. I'd suggest drawing characters of vastly different scales and trying to keep properly proportioned to each other, for example, Galactus and... anybody who's not a giant.

rob_simple:
-snip-

Now don't get me wrong here, you've got the comic book/anime style down pat, and honestly you don't really need any more practice, but to make the claim that you're practicing anatomy here strikes me the same way that it would if Matisse claimed he had been practicing the realistic rendering of three dimensional space. Matisse is a very talented artist, with a unique vision and style, but there's no realistic rendering of space, and the fact doesn't even matter because it's not the point of his paintings.

You can say that's just a petty semantic argument, and it is, but if you really want to practice anatomy you owe it to yourself to draw from an actual human. If you're actually interested in anatomy as opposed to comic book stylings, then take some pictures of yourself in an interesting pose... or find some of someone else to work from. Or even better, find yourself a life drawing class, since that's the only way to really get good at drawing people with realistic anatomy.

If that's not your goal however, I would argue that it might be time for you to stop practicing, or at the very least stop practicing this. I don't think there's really that much further you could push any of these, but it's worth noting here that they're all rather similar. There is a (somewhat limited) market for characters who look like they just got home from a steroid convention, but there are other types of characters as well... characters with normal bodies which someone might realistically be thought to posses without having been born by the moniker of Hercules. And if you've got that down there are also environments, animals, plants, poses which involve less standing around looking like a badass and more moving, and all the other sorts of things which one has to render in a comic book.

Perhaps I'm making a false assumption here, which is that you actually have a goal, but I'm guessing my assumption is correct. Chances are you'd either like to write and draw your own comic, or at the very least be in charge of drawing someone else's comic, and if that is in fact the case then it's time you moved on to the next step cause you've got this one down. While a few of your drawings feature backgrounds, none of them feature characters who can be said to exist in any sort of space. They're all just there, presenting us with their awesomeness, which is fine for a title page, but won't get you much further than that. I'd say that if you don't feel like you're confident in your ability to render anything other than an overly muscular hero staring something down, then it's time for you to head on to your next learning experience and master those skills, because they'll be vital to your career.

And when you do have them down (or if you have them down already, and just haven't posted any examples here) then it's time for you to stop practicing and start applying. If you haven't already gotten your story written, then you'll need to finish it off so that you can start working. Or if you aren't interested in writing your own story, then you'll need to track down a writer who's looking for an artist. This is the sort of task which seems deceptively simple, you will find that there are a ton and a half of writers running about desperately looking for someone to bring life to their story, but you will also find that the vast majority have written the kinds of narrative atrocities which deserve a spot in one of the lower rings of hell. So you'll have to find someone who's got a story that's actually worth your time, but when you finally do then you can begin the joyous process of working.

If all of that sounds like a lot of work, then congratulations, and welcome to the world of art. It's tough work, but if it's what you really want to do it, then it's all worth it.

I'd like to suggest Faith of Mirrors' Edge, and a Fallout version of an Assasin from Assasins' Creed

Well, if you're just doing drawings, draw my team from UMVC3!

Thor, Nova, Hawkeye!

Kpt._Rob:

rob_simple:
-snip-

snip

I did take all that in, and will be keeping it for future reference, but as to your point about my mentioning of anatomy practice: I am under no illusion that the stuff I am drawing is reflective of practicing real human anatomy (I realise that my OP possibly made me come across as one of those people who think Dragonball Z is an accurate depiction of human musculature.)

I do frequently study anatomy books for artists and I sketch down things from there and other places, it's just that in this thread I was more putting across the fruits of my labour in regard to my own personal style.

I am always looking to improve my abilities (I think art is one of the few things where you never stop learning) because ultimately I do want to publish my own stories amongst other things but I do understand that I am a long, long way away from that stage. My main goal for this thread was to push me into drawing things I'm not as comfortable with (i.e. not three hundred pound steroid abusers.)

Thanks for the detailed feedback, though, it was much appreciated.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked