The oldest game you own

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What is the oldest, by year of release, game that you own. Name the Game, Year of release (if you can), and console/system it was for.

The oldest game i have is the original PS1 demo disc.

Yeah, that demo disc.

Okay seriously captcha, just give me something can read! Spent 5+ minutes reloading the stupid thing.

EDIT: Actually I also have several original gameboy games, including the original pokemon red and gold, super mario land 1&2, original donkey kong, and metroid 2: return of samus, and several others. Not sure if these or the demo disc is older.

This baby:

Tetris (NES, released in 1986).
As for the oldest game I own and actually play, that would be Golden Axe (Mega Drive, released on August 14, 1989).

Tetris for the Gameboy. I love it and I can spend an entire evening on it.

Redlin5:
Tetris for the Gameboy. I love it and I can spend an entire evening on it.

Same here, I still kept some of the other Gameboy game cartridges and aswell the SNES games too.

Batman-movie game for Commodore 64 (cassette version) in the original casing must be the oldest one I have.

Sonic the Hedgehog on Megadrive.

theatre europe on cassette for the amstrad cpc 464. those were the days gaming on a monitor that displayed nothing but shades of green :D

http://www.gb64.com/oldsite/gameofweek/2/gotw_theatreurope.htm

its a wargame from 1985, set during a warsaw pact invasion of west germany. you either have the choice of halting the soviet advance or trying to take west germany over a 30 day period. interestingly they did a lot of research for the game and they had to fudge things a bt as research showed nato would either have to resort to nukes or abandon west germany.

one of the most atmospheric strategy games ive ever played.

Strider on the Mega Drive I believe. 1989, three years before I was born :D

This game called "Science" for Windows 3.1

I'm trying to find a picture, hold on.

Going by its EU release date, Mystic Defender for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis from 1990. The oldest game I've played physically is The Hobbit on the Amstrad CPC, clocking in at 1982.

Still have discs of the first Command and Conquer game (like ever, the one that started it all).
The case contains four discs (it's not a re-release) and I couldn't even run it on Windows XP or 7.
But I refuse to part ways with it, it's a piece of video game history in my opinion, or the history of RTS at least. I'm a huge fan of RTS games so I keep on to it.

Either my Pokemon Yellow or Super Mario Land. Not that old I know, but I just don't really keep things.

I still have the floppies lying around on which I have Dune II. That's from 1992, although I'm not sure if I got it in late 1992, or early 1993.

Actually, why do I have it around here still? I don't even have a floppy drive. ^_^

I bought the original Fallout in 1997, back when games came in those huge boxes, with printed manuals and readmes the length of a National Geographic.

Actually I didn't buy it, my granny bought it for me, which I find hilarious that a quaint old woman would be in Curries or PC World, totter over to the games section and think "Oh, these are those newfangled Com-peu-tore thingies my darling 9 year old grandson enjoys so heartily, I think I shall buy him one, but which? Fallout, a post-apocalyptic role playing game... Fight irradiated giant scorpions and try to stay alive in a desolate, barren world... Hmm, sounds wonderful!"

Spyro the Dragon on PS1.

Zork and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Also, a load of Atari 2600 games.

Any questions?

A boxed copy of Zork II, IBM PC version 5" and 3" floppys. Not the original edition with feelies, unfortunately. just a reprint from around 1991. The first IBM PC game I bought.

No idea why I still have it, considering all the other stuff I've lost, sold or given away.

Pokemon Silver.

Much fun has been had with that little bastard.

Assuming my old Sega Master System still works then mine would be that Alex Kidd game that came preinstalled on it.

The oldest physical game I still own is Hogs of War for the ps1, one of two games of my ps1 collection that has survived. Disk is stratched to hell but it still works, which I am sure is down to the awesomeness of Rick Mayall that is contained on it.

Sonic CD. I have it for my phone. It controls like shit and it doesn't even have Sonic Boom. It dissapoints me so much.

FalloutJack:
Zork and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Also, a load of Atari 2600 games.

Any questions?

The original version of Zork beats me by a year. I played it plenty, but I never had my own copy of it. The oldest I can think of that I still have that also still works is probably the VIC-20 version of Jupiter Lander, which was 1981. Most other stuff I have for it is from 82 or later. The original Zork was 1980 (unless you count the PDP version). Of course, the 2600's got that beat by a couple more years too...

Nalgas D. Lemur:

FalloutJack:

Any questions?

The original version of Zork beats me by a year. I played it plenty, but I never had my own copy of it. The oldest I can think of that I still have that also still works is probably the VIC-20 version of Jupiter Lander, which was 1981. Most other stuff I have for it is from 82 or later. The original Zork was 1980 (unless you count the PDP version). Of course, the 2600's got that beat by a couple more years too...

Oh hey, I thought Zork was first. Well, shows what I know about VG history. Good thing I mentioned both.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis, I have so many good and bad memories of that game.

Broady Brio:
Sonic the Hedgehog on Megadrive.

This one :)

Probably one of my many sega megadrive games of which some are from as early as 1989. Although I do have an original gameboy around here somewhere with a copy of tetris which is from...1989 as well actually. Huh.

Red Alert 2 or Earth 2140, would have to hunt for the boxes to be sure

TheFinish:
This baby:

Wow, I'm sorry. Mine was an actual good game called the Bard's Tale (1985). I played Zork before that, but didn't really get into it. I was young, needed the awesome black and yellow graphics of Bard's tale to really get hooked.

Well I had an Intellivision with a bunch of games. In fact my favorite was
Triple Action, a triple game pack with bi-planes, racing, and tank battle. Really fun games. I think the release date was 1981.

TheFinish:
This baby:

Beat you, I have a copy of "Combat". Same year, but it was one of the release game (well, it was the game you got with the console)

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt Cartridge for the NES

Physically? Hm... probably Pokemon Red, because most of my Sega Genesis games have been lost to the ether now that my mother moved out of the state I live in and I'll probably never see them again.

Aside from that, though, probably Golden Axe since it has Sonic the Hedgehog beat by two years.

I have a ton of old flight sims that my father bought.

The only one I remember was Red Baron 2 from 1997.

There was this other game, it was much older. All I remember was that it had "Aces" in the title. That's all. No idea what that it was really called. That was from the late 80's I think. It's for the PC. He had it on an ancient laptop.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked