Quiz Conundrum

OK this may have been figured out and I am just late to the party, but someone help me out here.

The latest quiz put up by The Escapist is a set of 15 questions all about obscure games. The top score was done in 1 try and took 15 seconds. How the hell is that even remotely possible. That breaks down to answering one question every second. I can't even read the answer options in one second, let alone look at the picture of the game in question.

Is this hacked, is someone cheating, and if so what is the point of cheating on an Escapist quiz?

I am totally befuddled, its mind bottling (yes you read that right, its like when your mind is trapped in a bottle)

Has anyone else seen this, is anyone else as confused as I am, or is this just the accepted norm. Someone please shed some light on this for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone cheated.

Fappy:
I wouldn't be surprised if someone cheated.

I would agree with this fine gent.

Probably Kross cheating anyway...

Probably got 2 accounts and a fast connection. Works out all the correct answers on one account and then clicks through them quickly on the next.

DirtyJunkieScum:
Probably got 2 accounts and a fast connection. Works out all the correct answers on one account and then clicks through them quickly on the next.

Yea, if I was gonna do it that seems like the simplest way.

I just had a look, I see the top score as Susan Arendt with 1:17.

But sometimes I've seen unbelievable fast times. Some people definitely use a second account to work out the answers beforehand.

I guess some people do it to get badges for getting all the correct answers?

Kordie:

DirtyJunkieScum:

Except the question/answer order gets randomized per quiz. :D

But yeah, usually those 'top' scores are cheated/hacked in some way. Or at least, that's how I rationalize it.

shrekfan246:

Kordie:

DirtyJunkieScum:

But yeah, usually those 'top' scores are cheated/hacked in some way. Or at least, that's how I rationalize it.

OK I get this. It seems like the most logical way to cheat, but what do you get out of it? do you get some sort of badge, and if so is that badge worth anything? Is there prize money or an ice cream party like back in grade school. Or is it just all for the ability to brag about being the fastest on an Escapist quiz?

sinsfire:

shrekfan246:

Kordie:

OK I get this. It seems like the most logical way to cheat, but what do you get out of it? do you get some sort of badge, and if so is that badge worth anything? Is there prize money or an ice cream party like back in grade school. Or is it just all for the ability to brag about being the fastest on an Escapist quiz?

That last part mostly. You get epic cred for doing that. We all know that guy who did that quiz very fast, and that other guy, too, and uhm...this other guy? Actually scratch that, you don't get much out of it. But for some people it's at least cool to know you can cheat the system.

I believe it was just something wrong with the page.
he fastest last I saw was 1.20something so most likely just escapist starting to eat numbers and not just polls anymore.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked