I haven't been here for over a year. What's changed that I need to know about?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Firstly, I can tell very easily that the general layout and look of the sight has changed. Secondly, I know the new, updated rules for posting so i need not be told them again. I'm talking of specifics. What great posters have left, who's been banned, why, what new video series should I check out and anything else that you think someone who has been off the forums for around 15 months should know.

I will thank you in advance because I know you guys are good. So ta muchly.

I am now your Lord and Saviour.

Do not heed anyone speaking the contrary, for they are smelly and lack acceptable table manners.

True story.

Suppose you could listen to the Podcasts...

Hey, I think I might remember you. Your Dilbert dog avatar looks familiar :D

The Escapist has gone through some major topic trends recently, so you want to avoid making threads about the following:

1. Rape in games
2. Sexism in games
3. The place of women in gaming and geek culture
4. Mass Effect 3

...Hm...I feel like there's one more, but I can't think of it now. But yeah, welcome back, and please for the love of God do not bring up any of these topics :3

Daystar Clarion:

Do not heed anyone speaking the contrary, for they are smelly and lack acceptable table manners.

True story.

Oh mighty lord, when did podcasts come out?!

arc101:

Daystar Clarion:

True story.

And lo, Daystar did descend from the heavens and give unto thee the gift of Podcast...

arc101:

From the episode I heard, you didn't miss much.

OT RaktheUndead is gone.

Feminism/Gun and Gender threads are all the rage.

Daystar has a group called the brovengers, it's awesome. Daystar is a forum god, at least recognition wise.

I arrived and made 8K posts. Hazy, Binnsyboy and I make "Crews Missiles" where we flood a thread with images of Terry Crews and Billy Dee Williams. Not intentionally of course and only on stupid threads like spambots.

Make sure to catch up on the latest Feed Dump videos, especially Girls Dump(That's really its name). Beside that not much else. There was a user called Zeel who was banned but I'm not sure if you were there for that.

Nothing much.

The special topics of the month are sexism in games and the word "rape". Oh, and if you see a thread saying "delete me" or something along those lines get in it and post all the gifs! Which also reminds me, there's a bit of a Fillion phase going on but it's dying down, sort of.

ChromaticWolfen:
Make sure to catch up on the latest Feed Dump videos, especially Girls Dump(That's really its name). Beside that not much else. There was a user called Zeel who was banned but I'm not sure if you were there for that.

He wasn't here for zeel. He's been gone for 15 months.

Daystar Clarion:

arc101:

Daystar Clarion:

True story.

And lo, Daystar did descend from the heavens and give unto thee the gift of Podcast...

You truly are the one true God

Lilani:

Awesome! I think I remember seeing your name about the place, so either I was your stalker or your arch nemesis. Your choice.

Lilani:

The Escapist has gone through some major topic trends recently, so you want to avoid making threads about the following:

1. Rape in games
2. Sexism in games
4. Mass Effect 3

...Hm...I feel like there's one more, but I can't think of it now. But yeah, welcome back, and please for the love of God do not bring up any of these topics :3

Knowing my luck I'll post about the fourth, but thank you anyway, big help!

Despite the...odd introduction, Daystar is a regular here on the foruns. And he always has something useful to say. I can say the same about Matt94.

Anyway, here's some general stuff.

1)People love Jim sterling now (Dont ask me how that happened)

2)When a controversial topic comes up, there will be dozens of threads on for weeks until the subject is run into the ground.

3) Trolls can not be defeated.

4)Get use to the layout of the site being changed to something worse and no one doing anything about it.

5) Most importantly, do not EVER talk about, or make threads about ponies. You will be flamed on site.

Daystar has risen to power as an awesome guy, obviously, with his Brovengers (a group I dream of joining), but has rivals in PsychicTaco115's Injustice League. Internet super-troll Zeel came and went. Many forum upgrades occured. I showed up. The scourge Danyal got banned then unbanned. Many great users got banned or left. Shows died, others showed up. Stolen Pixels is over, NameGame premered but has it's own site now. Extra Credits left after a scuffle with the staff. Yahtzee feels a little less edgy and funny, but is still strong. The cycle will march on.

Enjoy!

Also, I assume your a Dilbert fan like me!

Lear'sFool:
Daystar has risen to power as an awesome guy, obviously, with his Brovengers (a group I dream of joining), but has rivals in PsychicTaco115's Injustice League. Internet super-troll Zeel came and went. Many forum upgrades occured. I showed up. The scourge Danyal got banned then unbanned. Many great users got banned or left. Shows died, others showed up. Stolen Pixels is over, NameGame premered but has it's own site now. Extra Credits left after a scuffle with the staff. Yahtzee feels a little less edgy and funny, but is still strong. The cycle will march on.

Enjoy!

Dude you wanna be in the Brovengers?

Why didn't you say something? :D

Wanna invite?

Lilani:

1. Rape in games
2. Sexism in games
4. Mass Effect 3

dont forget:

5. guns
6. EA
7. valve/steam

Daystar Clarion:

Lear'sFool:

Enjoy!

Dude you wanna be in the Brovengers?

Why didn't you say something? :D

Wanna invite?

Why sure, Daystar! Thank you!

arc101:

don't listen to Daystar

I am Vault101...your new Idol

Vault101:

arc101:

don't listen to Daystar

The false prophet rears its foul head.

Don't listen to her. She is a woman, and if the forums are to be believed, she is a foul temptress, who shall lead you to sin.

Vault101:

arc101:

don't listen to Daystar

Yeah! Vault isn't smelling and lacking in table manners for disagreeing with Daystar... she's just a bit lacking in grammar and spelling!

Daystar Clarion:

Vault101:

arc101:

don't listen to Daystar

Don't listen to her. She is a woman, and if the forums are to be believed, she is a foul temptress.

Whoever invites me to their religion first wins my faith!

arc101:

follow me and you can't go wrong!

Daystar Clarion:

Don't listen to her. She is a woman, and if the forums are to be believed, she is a foul temptress, who shall lead you to sin.

LIES! feeble man is only jeolous of my internet ego

I started posting regularly in that time. The Escapist is now magnitude 9 on the awesome-o-meter thanks to my efforts.

Listen to me and only to me

Also guns and feminism is all the rage ATM

Oh, just remembered as well, be sure to come up with lots of puns for news stories, at least in the Off-Topic section.

Vault101:

arc101:

follow me and you can't go wrong!

Daystar Clarion:

LIES! feeble man is only jeolous of my internet ego

I'm sorry, but Daystar wins due to him living in Britain. If the internet is where we need to go to restart our Empire, then to hell with it, I'm joining up early!

Daystar Clarion:

Vault101:

arc101:

don't listen to Daystar

You're British too, so you win. We need to stick together!!

Daystar Clarion has just about taken over the entire forum. Get out while you still-

Daystar Clarion:

True story.

I... I'm too late. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyways, the layout's changed, there are quite a few new features, we get an explosion of a new controversial topic every month or so, I'm told that Religion & Politics is still a barren wasteland devoid of human life, et cetera.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Vault101:

arc101:

don't listen to Daystar

Oh Vault!

I'm afraid we can't let you do that. :D

OT: Not a whole lot, but you must catch up on Zeel and his shenanigans. Oh and the ever present Feminist and rape threads that never seem to die off.

arc101:

I'm sorry, but Daystar wins due to him living in Britain. If the internet is where we need to go to restart our Empire, then to hell with it, I'm joining up early!

eh..coming up with a cult seems like hardwork anyway

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Oh Vault!

OT: Not a whole lot, but you must catch up on Zeel and his shenanigans. Oh and the ever present Feminist and rape threads that never seem to die off.

we?....what is this a conspiracy!? 0_0....

EA is still hated, we have a show about janitors in space, threads on gender politics plague the land and the Fillion gif reins supreme. Also we're still working on that brony infestation :P

Vault101:

arc101:

eh..coming up with a cult seems like hardwork anyway

Mmmm, your defeat tastes like bitter sweet tears of joy.

Vault101:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Oh Vault!

we?....what is this a conspiracy!? 0_0....

Well, I can't talk about it, but it's a fun conspiracy.

It's filled with pie! :D

Daystar Clarion:

well I was going to be the matue one here and let it slide...but since you insist on acting like that

Nathan Fillon will not save you...

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Well, I can't talk about it, but it's a fun conspiracy.

It's filled with pie! :D

its....its the brovengers....and Nathan Fillon, he;s behined it all!

Vault101:

Daystar Clarion:

well I was going to be the matue one here and let it slide...but since you insist on acting like that

Nathan Fillon will not save you...

Matue?

What's that, a kind of cheese?

You can not win, Vault, you don't have what it takes, the resolve to make the difficult choices.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked