I haven't been here for over a year. What's changed that I need to know about?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

On second thought, let us not go to The Escapist... 'Tis a silly place.

Filled with warring cults, roving bands of posters and nuclear wasteland(R&P.) It's basically a Fallout game.

This got derailed so hard...It's some of the worst derailing I've ever seen....And it's absolutely hilarious...CONTINUE!

Vault101:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Well, I can't talk about it, but it's a fun conspiracy.

It's filled with pie! :D

its....its the brovengers....and Nathan Fillon, he;s behined it all!

Oh stop being so paranoid.

Besides, what do you have against Nathan Fillion?

I wouldn't mind being his slave. :D

Daystar Clarion:

Matue?

What's that, a kind of cheese?

You can not win, Vault, you don't have what it takes, the resolve to make the difficult choices.

win?...

win what?

what are we talking about?

this is just you and your mind games, you have no power over me

Fiz_The_Toaster:

keep it PG will you!?

jeez...you've been reading 50 shades of grey haven't you?!

I, one of the newest Brovengers, am reentering this thread!

Vault101:

Daystar Clarion:

Matue?

What's that, a kind of cheese?

You can not win, Vault, you don't have what it takes, the resolve to make the difficult choices.

win?...

win what?

what are we talking about?

this is just you and your mind games, you have no power over me

Discombobulated.

That is you right now.

Might
Can trollz
Everything

Daystar Clarion:

Might
Can trollz
Everything

thats it! I'm out of here

Daystar wins again! Now, to feast!

Vault101:

Daystar Clarion:

Might
Can trollz
Everything

Yeah, you'd better run!

If I catch you 'round these parts again, I'll choke slam ya with mah choke slammin' hand.

Vault101:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

keep it PG will you!?

jeez...you've been reading 50 shades of grey haven't you?!

Good God no, don't insult me.

I meant I could be his personal burrito fetcher or something.

Now who has the dirty mind?

Daystar Clarion:

Yeah, you'd better run!

If I catch you 'round these parts again, I'll choke slam ya with mah choke slammin' hand.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

you can blame the internet for that....

Vault101:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

you can blame the internet for that....

Suuuuuuure it is.... :P

I joined.

Nothing else of equal or greater importance.

In more srs business, one of the most iconic shows, EC, moved to Penny Arcade. Some have mentioned that it left, but I didn't see anyone mention where they went. That's likely the most significant change, though we have new shows as well.

A couple of people were banned, Fillion .gifs have taken over (in the last couple of weeks), the Job Board was removed (were you even here for its creation?), Forum Games and Role Playing split, and nobody goes to User Reviews.

Oh wait, the final one still happened when you were here over a year ago. My bad.

Two groups have risen to challenge each other and gain dominance

Gender has become a pretty big deal and the Community Spotlight got greenlit to come back!

Daystar Clarion:

Vault101:

Daystar Clarion:

Might
Can trollz
Everything

Yeah, you'd better run!

I'm guessing this makes us the Escapist's real life version of Team Fortress 2

Funny stuff, right?...

Which means a threat will come to force us to work together, probably androids or something similar to that

Can't really pinpoint what happened in the past year or so. It's pretty much a big blur to me. But what's happened recently is that rape, feminism, sexism, and guns are all the rage right now. I don't mind it, shows that slowly but surely, we're all growing up. Used to be nobody batted an eyelash at that stuff. Now, it's an issue. Took long enough, but hey, baby steps.

Also, the use of Fillion gifs has skyrocketed.

So yeah, shit be whack, yo.

I remember reading your posts when I was but a lowly lurker, afraid to make an actual profile. I've since stopped giving a shit, which I think has come across in my posts.

OT: Nathan Fillion GIFs, Jim Sterling came, EC left, and guns and feminism are starting to die down me thinks.

Please :(

The whole forum became whinier so you didn't really miss much.

What's happened? Well, I joined the site and it got about 150% better.

Daystar Clarion:

Might
Can trollz
Everything

Gah, what have you done?! You've ruined everything! Now I can't hear my favourite line from Vergil as it was meant to be! You've ruined it!

You... monster....

Wow, this thread really got derailed. Of course with daystar, the patron saint of derailment, here, that's to be expected.

Let's see, the one thing I can think of that hasn't already been posted a ton is to avoid pony threads. Seriously. The majority of pony threads are either made by people who don't like the show, or by fans who haven't quite figured out that unspoken rule yet. Either way, pony threads draw out the vast numbers from the pony chat group, and it almost always ends in flaming.

And welcome back!

Well, it was a dark time. Threads were derailed, posters were banned, lives were lost, souls were ripped from their mortal shells... and then I came by and saved ERR'BUDY. 'Twas no biggy.

Daystar Clarion:

Vault101:

Daystar Clarion:

Might
Can trollz
Everything

Yeah, you'd better run!

Be careful Daystar... your pride may be your downfall.

We all got to ride dinosaurs, it was awesome!

Too bad you missed it.

Apart from the general increase of insanity (see above for an example)

Nothing has majorly changed that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread (baring course Daystar Clarion and Vault 101's mating ritual.)

The layout changed.... but as you have posted a thread, I imagine you already knew that...

It has been said already, but needs it again... The Brovengers are here now, and you, citizen, will be safe from harm now. Don't thank us, it's our job!

I would advice you to read the Code of Conduct again (easy to find from the drop down menu in Forums) since that under went some changes pior to the overal site apperance change. Also we got a health bar in your profile page so you don't exactly get banned straight away (the olde warning, suspension and then banned).

Ryotknife:
1. Rape in games
2. Sexism in games
3. The place of women in gaming and geek culture
4. Mass Effect 3

Lilani:
dont forget:

5. guns
6. EA
7. valve/steam

Pretty much this, this, and this. Trends come, are run into the ground, and return a few months later, and WHY CAN'T THEY STAY IN RELIGION AND POLITICS IF THEY'RE RELATED TO POLITICS WAAAAH

We got a few new mods, may be worth checking the list on the Code of Conduct page so you know who to contact if you see something really bad that you don't want to leave to just reports.
Oh, and we were given the power to make the lives of certain Brovengers full of Beiber.
Or anyone, really, but mostly Brovengers who think I'm bluffing.
Like Daystar Clarion. He think's he's so big.
If that were true, he's be DayTsar Clarion.

Cheesepower5:
On second thought, let us not go to The Escapist... 'Tis a silly place.

Filled with warring cults, roving bands of posters and nuclear wasteland(R&P.) It's basically a Fallout game.

Returning was a lot like this...

trty00:

Be careful Daystar... your pride may be your downfall.

It's okay, it's mock pride. That doesn't count :D

Katherine Kerensky:
We got a few new mods, may be worth checking the list on the Code of Conduct page so you know who to contact if you see something really bad that you don't want to leave to just reports.
Oh, and we were given the power to make the lives of certain Brovengers full of Beiber.
Or anyone, really, but mostly Brovengers who think I'm bluffing.
Like Daystar Clarion. He think's he's so big.
If that were true, he's be DayTsar Clarion.

Greyfox, why you gotta be like that?

I thought we were friends...

arc101:
What great posters have left, who's been banned, why, what new video series should I check out and anything else that you think someone who has been off the forums for around 15 months should know.

I came out of retirement and started posting again recently, and I'm fucking amazing.

That's really all you need to know.

Daystar Clarion:
Dude you wanna be in the Brovengers?

What is it these "brovengers" do? What are you "brovenging"?

I seem to recall a thread about this a year or so back, and paying fuck all attention :-P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here