Do you hate people who argue till they are blue in the face, even though you know they are wrong?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Trilligan:

Boudica:

Trilligan:

You know there's only one girl for me.

You must defend my honour! Look what this meanie said:

Xangba:

Why you...you doo doo head cootie queen!

Have at him!

Xangba:

Boudica:
Lies! He would never cheat on me, you... you hussy!

Why you...you doo doo head cootie queen!

Try to come between me and my girl, and then you disparage her honor?! This shall not stand!

Very well! I raise you a fish!

Eclpsedragon:

TopazFusion:

Abandon4093:
where the devil did you procure those delightful argument stomping images? I must know.

I actually stole them from a thread I found in the Religion and Politics section.

They're from a large image, that someone was kind enough to cut up, and upload them to a public photobucket album.

Wow this chart pretty much dispels...
almost everything that drives fights on this website.

I know this may be sort of bumping a dead thread now, but honestly, I think I need that sliced up list on photobucket with a quick link to it. Very useful stuff there.

On topic, anyone else notice that he embraced unorthodox instruments in this quote

Grant Hobba:
But I guess i deserve it, for opening my big gob trying to explain that there are categories of instruments the voice being included as wind for a Capella music and the human body as percussion

Yet the idea of synthesized versions of those sounds, use of a computer program as an artificial means, an instrument by the very definition of the word instrument, well, somehow that failed to fit the bill? Just noticed that back from page two as I try to reread up to the current point.

Vault101:

6th And Silver:
OK...So let me see if I've got this right....

The OP posted in that Dubstep thread about how music made with electronics isn't real music because his text book says you need an instrument, and I guess a fucking computer doesn't count as an instrument for some reason.

So everyone proceeded to explain to him why his assertions are completely insane. SOMEHOW he still hasn't been convinced (unless it happened in the next page, I didn't finish skimming the thread) and now he's made another thread to be butthurt. And everyone is just repeating what they said to him before, most notably a user by the name of Vault101.

I think this guy needs to be shown the definition of "instrument".

yeah, it was mainly back and forth between him and me, and then he made thsi thread in my honour

check out the "dubstep music or not?" thread to see if you want

EDIT: Oh, and I guess there was also someone named Zeel at some point. Interesting. The plot thickens.

Zeel was banned ageis ago...we bring him up because I said this guy is like Zeel 2

Well your "argument"[1] with this guy has certainly made for a very entertaining read. I'm not sure he's operating on the same rules of logical thinking as the rest of us.

[1] In the same sense that poachers "argue" with baby seals

I must wonder if OP would consider this to be music if they had exchanged the keyboard for a piano:

Jonluw:
I must wonder if OP would consider this to be music if they had exchanged the keyboard for a piano:

No one would consider this mess music anyway.

Eien Shushu:

Jonluw:

No one would consider this mess music anyway.

Say what you will, they are clearly playing a melody.

Colour-Scientist:

Vault101:

Zeel was banned ageis ago...we bring him up because I said this guy is like Zeel 2

I feel sorry for him, everyone pretty much ganged up on him. It seemed a bit harsh.

nah...screw him...he needlessly insulted me several times and didn't give a fuck when I called him out on it

Why are you guys still beating this dead horse? On a separate note, it's my birthday.

karcentric:
Why are you guys still beating this dead horse? On a separate note, it's my birthday.

Happy Birthday. I'd totally make you a rendition of the birthday song on fruity loops but that's not music according to the OP so sorreh!

karcentric:

It's the gift that keeps on giving, birthday boy.

Seriously though, do you have any idea how hard it is to get these chuckleheads to learn? It's like an intervention. If we don't make this point stick, he'll go on and on and hurt everyone else's brains. For the good of humanity, we have to inform him that music is played a little more loose than he realizes.

FalloutJack:

karcentric:

It's the gift that keeps on giving, birthday boy.

Seriously though, do you have any idea how hard it is to get these chuckleheads to learn? It's like an intervention. If we don't make this point stick, he'll go on and on and hurt everyone else's brains. For the good of humanity, we have to inform him that music is played a little more loose than he realizes.

I normally use blunt force trauma to get my point across, doesn't quite work online though.

DugMachine:

karcentric:

Happy Birthday. I'd totally make you a rendition of the birthday song on fruity loops but that's not music according to the OP so sorreh!

That's alright I'll ask my friend to whip up a dubstep version of Happy Birthday for me.

Colour-Scientist:

Vault101:

I feel sorry for him, everyone pretty much ganged up on him. It seemed a bit harsh.

(sorry, I clicked reply to the wrong message... derp.. )

I just don't argue, or rarely do, it's almost always never worth it and my feelings on the subject pretty much disappear when I click the post button, I'm not going to argue a point I've long since stopped caring about.

i'll admit, my relationship with my parents has it flaws but i don't hate them

Doesn't irritate me nearly as the people who argue till they are blue in the face, even though they know they are wrong. There's ignorance, and then there's just being antagonizing.

my dad is especially bad at this, as he tends to be rather unreasonable when he's angry. He's also pretty stubborn, as explaining things to him, especially if it involves computers, is like trying to explain it to a wall.

Not a bad guy, but kind of a douche.

Grant Hobba:
I study music,

We are given a clear cut definition of what music is, what it is open to and how to create it.

Yet people argue the content of the book because Wikipedia says something different...

Who let these kids have access to the internet?

Do you hate these sort of people ?

Out of curiosity... where do you study?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked