A User's Guide to Creating Your Own Avatar

Pages PREV 1 2

TimeLord:
I never got GIMP. I just can't use it.

I recommend Ulead Gif Animator 5. It's completely free and has optimisation and frame removal functions for reducing the size or changing the speed of your avatar gif without compromising quality.

Photoshop Elements is really handy too if you want to do advanced frame work but it also cost monies!

That's perfectly alright, GIMP (despite being free) isn't for everyone. Also I will yet again have to add what you recommended to my list of programs to try out and see how they benefit me haha. Thanks for that, thus will keep an eye out on reviews of Photoshop Elements.

Caramel Frappe:

TimeLord:
I never got GIMP. I just can't use it.

I recommend Ulead Gif Animator 5. It's completely free and has optimisation and frame removal functions for reducing the size or changing the speed of your avatar gif without compromising quality.

Photoshop Elements is really handy too if you want to do advanced frame work but it also cost monies!

That's perfectly alright, GIMP (despite being free) isn't for everyone. Also I will yet again have to add what you recommended to my list of programs to try out and see how they benefit me haha. Thanks for that, thus will keep an eye out on reviews of Photoshop Elements.

I have Elements 7 and normal Photoshop and despite Element not having full functionality of Photoshop it's 100 times easier to use and the UI is so much better than proper Photoshop.

I'll probably keep this topic bookmarked, even if it's way over my head...
Thank you, quite a bit.

Thanks for the guide but I find it much eaiser to use Microsoft GIF Animator and a program like camstudio, but anyways I'm lazy so I just take random pictures from the internet.

I just tried making a GIF from the latest Game Grumps animation and it was pretty easy. It's simple but I'm proud of it. I'm not planning to use it as an avatar but it anyone wants it they can have it. Because of the image size I think it's only usable for pub members though.

posting in this now so I don't forget to check the advice

Scrustle:
I just tried making a GIF from the latest Game Grumps animation and it was pretty easy. It's simple but I'm proud of it. I'm not planning to use it as an avatar but it anyone wants it they can have it. Because of the image size I think it's only usable for pub members though.

It looks great actually, checked out the video and you made it fit the same speed and animation as the youtube video displayed. You've done well, and with that you'll be making complex Avatars in no time *Gives you a high five*

Also thank you for making a GIF based off my tutorial, I am happy it's actually helping users out overall.

Caramel Frappe:

It looks great actually, checked out the video and you made it fit the same speed and animation as the youtube video displayed. You've done well, and with that you'll be making complex Avatars in no time *Gives you a high five*

Also thank you for making a GIF based off my tutorial, I am happy it's actually helping users out overall.

Haha, thanks! In fact just after I made that I did make something a little more complex. This:

A signature for some other forums that I frequent. That's why I wanted to learn. I've been wanting to make something like this for ages.

This would be really helpful...
IF MY LAPTOP WASN'T SO GODDAMNED TEMPERMENTAL!
Waaaaa.
I wanted to do a freakazoid one. I followed your steps, it all went swimmingly and then BAM, laptop decides it doesn't want to do this anymore and crashes. GRRRR.

Anywho, great advice, dude, I wish I could have put it to use.

Even after all these months this guide is still relevant. Thanks again ^^.

Why is this not stuck? It is really helpful!

To resurrect this thread I go.
Anyway I have one question, How do you makethe background transparent?
Only thing I can think of is erasing with the eraser pixel by pixel but that's proven to be extremely tedious and time consuming, so I figure there's gotta be a faster way.
Since the pictures I'm trying to edit are far too many but have a simple single colour background, is there a way to put transparency into the bucket tool?
Or maybe a way to replace all of that colour in the picture for transparency?

Kaleion:
Only thing I can think of is erasing with the eraser pixel by pixel but that's proven to be extremely tedious and time consuming, so I figure there's gotta be a faster way.
Since the pictures I'm trying to edit are far too many but have a simple single colour background, is there a way to put transparency into the bucket tool?

Sorry for responding late, I rarely check these kinds of threads. Here are the steps you should follow:

Step 1: Open Animation Shop 3 and open a GIF you wanted to use.

Step 2: Select the first frame in that GIF, copy it, and then open up GIMP (or photoshop)

Step 3: Paste the frame within that program, and use the tools to crop out or 'mask' the background. If you do not know how to do this, please feel free to ask me or ask any other questions you had.

Step 4: Once you have made a transparent background, open a transparent picture (with nothing in it), copy the frame again and paste it in a transparent. Then copy that transparent version of the frame, and replace the original frame you got it from.

Step 5: Repeat with each frame until the entire GIF is now as you wanted it to be. If this confuses you or you need assistance, please do hit me up.

Caramel Frappe:

Kaleion:

Sorry for responding late, I rarely check these kinds of threads. Here are the steps you should follow:

Step 1: Open Animation Shop 3 and open a GIF you wanted to use.

Step 2: Select the first frame in that GIF, copy it, and then open up GIMP (or photoshop)

Step 3: Paste the frame within that program, and use the tools to crop out or 'mask' the background. If you do not know how to do this, please feel free to ask me or ask any other questions you had.

Step 4: Once you have made a transparent background, open a transparent picture (with nothing in it), copy the frame again and paste it in a transparent. Then copy that transparent version of the frame, and replace the original frame you got it from.

Step 5: Repeat with each frame until the entire GIF is now as you wanted it to be. If this confuses you or you need assistance, please do hit me up.

Oh I see, if I have any more questions I'll make sure to quote you so you get a message -_-'
Anyway I don't have cash right now to buy the program so I'll wait until next week when I do and then I'll see if I actually understand, but thanks and stuff.

A Few Changes Have Been Made...

- Pub Members can now have Avatars that extend to 400 KB size.

- More artists have joined the Group to assist you in requests besides me.

- There is a program that allows you to record whatever is on screen and turn it into a GIF known as LICEcap

Those are all the changes so far, and the OP of Still Picture smithing and GIF smithing have been updated.
If you have any questions or requests, please notify me or attend the Avatar Store.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked