The Escapist Hunger Games (Unofficial)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Hunger GamesUnofficial Edition

Hello one, hello all! As an average user, I have watched too long as my brothers and sisters' opinions and posts are buried underneath those who are more popular and recognized. And, I will stand for it no longer! So, today I announce the introduction of a 'Hunger Games' system. Those users shall be volunteered by the Escapist Community to participate in a battle, TO THE DEATH. We shall take those who think themselves our gods and show them that even God-Kings can bleed!

GUIDE:

• List the user of your choosing to be considered as Tribune.

• Please include reason(s).
  • UPDATE:
    Self-nominated shall be known as 'Centurions', and nominated known as 'Tribunes'
  • This is not a Bash feast.

• Post such as 'I hate user, I wish death on them.' are not allowed.[1]
  • Have fun, don't insult anyone. This is just to have a little fun.

UPDATE

I think I am going to cut off nominations since we have an equal number of people on each team. Also, some self nominations have been moved to the other team to balance it. Strangely, people are more willing to fight to the death than nominate others. Discussions will now revolve around which flash/steam game the 'Hunger Games' will be held. Once that is decided, you will receive a PM with instructions/information and candy[3]

If you think it would be helpful, I can create a user group so we aren't confined to a thread.

-The GameMaker

[1] Not only by my standards, but by those of the Escapist CoC.[2]
[2] No, I don't care if you hate the Hunger Games.
[3] Not really.

Questions.
What do these battles consist of?
How will unavailable or unwilling candidates be kidnapped and forced to participate or punished for their insolence?
After all you wouldn't be a good evil dictator if you didn't kidnap and/or torture innocent people.
Any additional rules that should be considered? Like maybe half of the participants should women like in the thing, or what weapons are available spaceships, shark guns or forks?
And lastly, how did a magical wolf-dog-unicorn-dinosaur tamagotchi end up as the ruler of the world?
I mean that just sounds like an interesting story.

As for nominations... Well I don't know anybody well enough to throw them under the bus so I'll try to keep thinking, I would nominate myself but by the end I would have a total of 1 nomination, and besides my schedule actually wouldn't allow for it.

I nominate a sexism thread :D

Lucem713, what a good idea :D

Do self-nominations count?

Thatd be awesome, I have no qualms about fighting to the death! :D

Interesting concept but how are these battles to be fought over the cyber-realm (Internet)?

And will you personally be notifying the Tribunes? I don't know if everyone will have the chance to read this thread so how will they know they are to fight to the death?

Kaleion:
Questions.
What do these battles consist of?
How will unavailable or unwilling candidates be kidnapped and forced to participate or punished for their insolence?
After all you wouldn't be a good evil dictator if you didn't kidnap and/or torture innocent people.
Any additional rules that should be considered? Like maybe half of the participants should women like in the thing, or what weapons are available spaceships, shark guns or forks?
And lastly, how did a magical wolf-dog-unicorn-dinosaur tamagotchi end up as the ruler of the world?
I mean that just sounds like an interesting story.

They will be told there is a totally awesome pizza party at a central location, after eating chemical laced pizza, they will be under my control until they arrive at the battle grounds.

I am taking suggestion for the battles/rounds that will take place. :D

My secret ruling is a long and gory-filled story of a young woman who had a dream to rule the world.

PsychicTaco115:

Now, now, that wouldn't be fair. You are a Taco. You feel no pain. You would kill everyone unmercifully with your spicy mexican goodness.

It's obvious that Daystar needs to be in this. Simply because she is one of the most famous people on here.

I don't understand at all.

I self-nominate myself because this sounds fun.

I don't personally feel any of our forum god kings or queens should be nominated.
After all they haven't really done anything to abuse that power and this place would be sad if they were to kill each other off.

That being said,
I nominate PsychicTaco115, because ask and you shall receive.

Edit: Sorry Aero, you're possessed by demons,
you have an unfair advantage.

I like to kill things. This sounds like my kind of party. I volunteer I suppose.

Sounds like fun! I can't wait for the games to start!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

I second the nomination of Daystar simply because that's the one person I think everyone on here wants to see in a fight to the death. Failing that, am I allowed to nominate users who also write features? If so, give me Yahtzee and Gavin of Miracle of Sound in an epic battle extraordinaire pls.

Are we going to have a March Mayhem style tournament?

AC10:
I don't understand at all.

Your avatar went well with that post.

Eclpsedragon:
Sorry Aero, you're possessed by demons, you have an unfair advantage.

Unless I'm up against Tizzy.

jacksonsspoi:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

I got that reference. Yay.

I nominate you Lucem, to turn this Hunger Games on it's head! Muahahahaha...And since you have more posts than me, you count as one of these God-Kings right?

This is apparently a Muahahaha gif by the way

Aerosteam 1908:
Are we going to have a March Mayhem style tournament?

Hmm, September Shenanigans maybe?

Autumn Assassinations?

Fall Fallout?

Pre-Baktun badassery?

Someone help me out here.

Also I still have no idea what form these battles will take, unless it's just 2 people posting crap at each other on a forum until one of them gives up, which is a rare find on the internet.

saintdane05:
It's obvious that Daystar needs to be in this. Simply because she is one of the most famous people on here.

Daystar is a man, a manly man named Ashley. Unless you were making a funny, the funny was lost on me completely.

Andy Shandy:
I nominate you Lucem, to turn this Hunger Games on it's head! Muahahahaha...And since you have more posts than me, you count as one of these God-Kings right?

The game-marker cannot participate in the games, though I would just destroy everyone with my hot Latin Fury. :D

Andy Shandy:

I nominate Andy Shandy for trying to nominate the maker of the game, you shall suffer his wrath!

Hero in a half shell:

Aerosteam 1908:
herp

derp

I just made a list if this is going to be a monthly thing...

January Jolt
February Fuss
April Affray
May Melee
June Jeopardy
July Joust
August Uproar
September Shamble
October Opposure
November Noise
December Dispute

Spring Scuffle
Summer Showdown
Fall Fight
Winter War

Lucem712:

PsychicTaco115:

Now, now, that wouldn't be fair. You are a Taco. You feel no pain. You would kill everyone unmercifully with your spicy mexican goodness.

My head isn't invulnerable! And besides, people need all the advantages they can get!

Eclpsedragon:
I don't personally feel any of our forum god kings or queens should be nominated.
After all they haven't really done anything to abuse that power and this place would be sad if they were to kill each other off.

That being said,
I nominate PsychicTaco115, because ask and you shall receive.

Edit: Sorry Aero, you're possessed by demons,
you have an unfair advantage.

Hurrahza! :D

PsychicTaco115:

Lucem712:

PsychicTaco115:

My head isn't invulnerable! And besides, people need all the advantages they can get!

You win this time, Mr. Taco. I have added you to the list of Nominees. :D

Lucem712:

PsychicTaco115:

Lucem712:

You win this time, Mr. Taco. I have added you to the list of Nominees. :D

Now I'm pumped. I must go train!

*plays Eye of the Tiger*

Matthew and Hazy need to be in this thing.
They always ninja me on everything!
Bastards, they both have a number after their names but can't remember those...

Aerosteam 1908:
August Uproar

Dafuq is that? Why not follow the pattern. How about August Arena?

OT: So...how exactly are the battles fought? I'd be happy to participate if I have unfair advantage over my puny enemies I'm clear on the rules.

DoPo:

Aerosteam 1908:
August Uproar

Dafuq is that? Why not follow the pattern. How about August Arena?

I went with the sound rather than spelling.

saintdane05:

You.

You need to be punished for your ignorance or your attempt at bad humour.

Punishment, you shall have, for I nominate thee!

*raises hand* Sign me up, I'm thirsting for fresh blood.

Battles to the death...This can only end in joy for all contestants and much cake or pie, depending on what you prefer more.

I'll self nominate. Don't know what this is going to be, but if anything it sounds interesting.

Daystar Clarion:

You.

Fine. BRING IT ON, EVERYONE! *Clanks shield*

Daystar Clarion:

You.

Fine. I can take you any day!! *Clanks shield*

sextus the crazy:
I'll self nominate. Don't know what this is going to be, but if anything it sounds interesting.

I'm thinking maybe a versus flash game? 'Draw my Thing' to the DEATH. Still accepting ideas :D

I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

But since I am not a God-King I nominate Daystar as well.

Not to say that I love the idea of being a Centurion, but shouldn't I be both?

Got nominated and I self-nominated, resulting in a massive ego boost stat!

And BOOM goes the fireworks!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked