10,000 Posts Later: Fappy Edition

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

It seems everyone here needs one of these. I understand the appeal seeing as you get a whole new "0" at the end of your post count which makes it look all intimidating or whatever. I'm not going to lie, it is kind of neat.

So yeah, I've finally made it here (due in no small part to Brovengers chat XP). I could spend this whole thread faffing about with random shout outs and name drops, but that seems kind of boring. Instead I'm going to talk a little bit about me and then ask something about you.

You see, I finally just started a full time position after being an intern for over a year. It was an interesting time for me and had its fair share of high and low points. What I realize now is how much spare time I had then and how much of it I utterly wasted. Everyone occasionally makes changes in their life and I feel like now's a good time to start. The fact that my new job coincides with a 10k post count is just coincidence.

So what am I going to change? Well I'm out of shape and have the endurance of 1st Level Morrowind character so I've decided I am going to finally put forth a real effort into maintaining a workout routine every week. I'm also going to try to improve my diet. I'm a slave to comfort foods and my sweet tooth, something I have been gradually improving upon recently. I also intend to spend more of my spare time on productive/creative endeavors. I suppose writing campaigns for D&D counts as creative, but not incredibly productive. I have recently started writing game reviews again (beginning with Persona 4 and more recently Torchlight II) and I hope to do a lot more of that in the future, as a creative hobby if nothing else. Oh yeah, I'm also about to buy a new car XD

But I suppose none of that affects you guys all that much does it? Well, I doubt you've read this far without noticing something... different about me. Look to your left. WHERE'S THE WINKING CAT!? I figured since I am ushering in a new era for myself I'd change it up a bit. I made this new avatar with the help of Caramel Frappe's Avatar Guide! It's just a goofy little scene from the same show my last avatar was from, Darker than Black. I might bring Mao back eventually... if you guys hate me too much for this... LOOK THERE IS STILL A CAT THING IN IT DON'T SHOOT ME! I figure people will recognize me less (I know I would), but that's okay with me.

Old: image New: image

And now because I don't want you guys to see my true self think I am some kind of narcissistic douche I have a question for you. Have you ever gone through a self-imposed shift in your life? Maybe you had to shape up in college after fucking up your first year, maybe you've had a mid-life crisis, maybe you went to jail, I don't know! I'm not you!

Am I forgetting something?

Oh yeah, thanks everyone ;D

EDIT: Whenever you're feeling down you can still find Mao here. :3

Fappy, I am disappoint.

You aren't the same. Not the same person I knew.

Why...

just why?

My god, the controversy! Next thing you know, others will be changing their set in internet stone avatars!

But congrats on 10k posts =P

Also Christ, I didn't realise just how quickly the post count does go up in chat! I was sure I was only on 2000 just a few days ago.

Screw you Fappy, if that's even your real name, the Fappy I know wouldn't change his avatar.

I don't believe this, my world view is shaken.

I...

I think I need to be alone.

OT: I've recently started at a new job, one where I have to bike 8 miles a day just to get there and back.

I haven't exercised in several years.

My legs hurt D:

Daystar Clarion:
Screw you Fappy, if that's even your real name, the Fappy I know wouldn't change his avatar.

I...

OT: I've recently started at a new job, one where I have to bike 8 miles a day just to get there and back.

My legs hurt D:

What the fuck is going on?

It's like if you changed your avatar...

Everything I knew was a lie...

No Fappy, bring back the cat! That was one of my favourite avatars on this site...

Okay, I guess it's your choice but just warning you, you may have second thoughts soon. I switched out old Mr Bubbles a few months ago for a while but couldn't find anything else I was satisfied with for more than a week, so eventually I brought him back.

OT: Recently I've been trying to upgrade my work ethic since I'm in my last year of uni, the one that actually matters, haven't really done much yet though :-P

Why man... you changed from an awesome character from Darker Than Black... to what!?

Why!?

And unfortunatly on topic now... I am not very good at forcing a change through myself. I haven't got much of a strong will at all.

Matthew94:

Daystar Clarion:

I...

My legs hurt D:

What the fuck is going on?

It's like if you changed your avatar...

Everything I knew was a lie...

Well Matt, I think now's a better time than ever to break it to you...

What the hell? No more winking cat?! I don't even know what's real and what isn't anymore...

Gratz on the 10K :D

Slan go fól winking cat avatar!

Congratulations on the 10000 posts! I am not far behind! I will get 10000 either by the end of this year or early next year!

I will still miss you being Mao. :(

Also, that new avatar is PRETTY GIRLY DON'T YOU THINK perfect for you. Just kidding. You were right, I think it's adorable.

Persona reference: +10 points.

Bah don't listen to them Fappy.
If you want to change your avatar go ahead and change your avatar,
they'll get used to it.

Of course now we're all aware of the crushing fact you're not actually a winking cat.

Congratulations by the way.

Hmmm... when I joined the RAF my whole world changed... I was forced to move out... and haven't lived anywhere more than 10 weeks since! (Apart from the 6 months in the desert)
So I am mostly a Nomadic heavy drinker, with a fondness for sophisticated looking tat, and a love for pipes and moustaches...! (27 days...)

I was also forced into physical training... and went from a 9.5 stone weed to a 12 stone average sized guy!

TizzytheTormentor:
Slan go fól winking cat avatar!

Congratulations on the 10000 posts! I am not far behind! I will get 10000 either by the end of this year or early next year!

Is that Gaelic? :O

swinkycat:

Also, that new avatar is PRETTY GIRLY DON'T YOU THINK perfect for you.

Some girlfriends bug their boyfriends to get in-touch with their feminine side. I'm just one step ahead of the curve.

Behold, it is me, Fappy!

This was a ruse to fool you all! (and I've gained 2000 posts somehow...)

Congrats on your 10K!

I haven't settled on an avatar--my current one is only for the election season.

But your Mao avatar is a part of the Escapist's bedrock. It's going to take some getting used to. I won't complain because we all need a little change now and then (if only to launder our small clothes).

Matthew94:
Behold, it is me, Fappy!

You are also not the Master of Magnet.

I call shenanigans!

Fappy:

Matthew94:
Behold, it is me, Fappy!

I call shenanigans!

I'm sorry, do you have a winking cat avatar? No, I do so therefore I am Fappy.

A "cat thing" and a cat are very different. I think I speak for this whole community, and every community everywhere, when I say that we are all disappointed in you and your 10K posts.

Oh yeah, and Yin is a total baller.

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Matthew94:
Behold, it is me, Fappy!

I call shenanigans!

One of us is a robot I am pretty sure. Hopefully Daystar doesn't shoot the wrong one.

OT: If it's any consolation I made my profile photo my old Mao avatar. He's still there in my heart :3

Fappy:

Matthew94:

Fappy:

I call shenanigans!

One of us is a robot I am pretty sure. Hopefully Daystar doesn't shoot the wrong one.

OT: If it's any consolation I made my profile photo my old Mao avatar. He's still there in my heart :3

He'll shoot you, the one without the cat avatar.

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Matthew94:
Behold, it is me, Fappy!

I call shenanigans!

All Hail Fappy, Master of Magnet.

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Matthew94:

Daystar will feel our unbreakable bonds of love and know the truth. My doppelganger will be cleansed from this world!

Rufio's Ghost:

Matthew94:

Fappy:

I call shenanigans!

Indeed, welcome to the forums sister!

I wish this silly person will disappear soon and quit bothering me, Fappy.

Fappy:

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Daystar will feel our unbreakable bonds of love and know the truth. My doppelganger will be cleansed from this world!

Look at the chat, he is aware that I am Fappy.

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Matthew94:

You know how these things always end. He'll find the truth! I believe in him!

Change is usually good. I say good for you Fappy. Hope things go well for ya.

:( I will miss seening Mao though. :D Oh well, we still have you, and that's what matters.

Fappy:

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Yeah, it has ended as he found out who was Fappy, me.

Imp Emissary:

:( I will miss seening Mao though. :D Oh well, we still have you, and that's what matters.

Well Mao is still here, take a look at me, Fappy, and my avatar.

Matthew94:

Fappy:

Matthew94:

This isn't over yet. There is still the grand bridge lightsaber duel like in the Gumby movie. I'll see you there.

Fappy:

Matthew94:

Fappy:

This isn't over yet. There is still the grand bridge lightsaber duel like in the Gumby movie. I'll see you there.

Bah, the real Fappy doesn't need to prove shit. Therefore I am Fappy.

I am Fappy, therefore I am Fappy.

Matthew94:

Imp Emissary:

Well Mao is still here, take a look at me, Fappy, and my avatar.

0_o... That's creepy man. It's like wearing a dead man's skin as a coat.

Matthew94:

I am Fappy, therefore I am Fappy.

I think you may be malfunctioning there. You see! You are a robot! Sorry to break it to you buddy.

Matthew94:

Rufio's Ghost:

Matthew94:

Indeed, welcome to the forums sister!

I wish this silly person will disappear soon and quit bothering me, Fappy.

Oh man, I'm glad you're back Fappy.

This guy thinks he's you. Must have hacked your account somehow to change your name to Matt's.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked