The kinds of threads you just despise.

Mostly the feminist threads,"WOMEN NEED TO BE LIBERATED AAAAAHHHHH" (insert massive shitstorm here) or Cry baby threads "BAYONETTA 2 WILL BE A WII U ONLY GAME".Side note:i think this thread is pointless,but i will make it anyway

I hate threads that hate on other threads :P

Seriously though I do have strong hate for the multiple amount of "Recommend me an anime" threads that are always posted, just look at the million other threads asking the same thing instead of making a new thread which will just get the same answers.

Repeat threads, threads that hate on other threads and threads where the OP's thesis is one big generalization. I'd say between the three of these we have roughly 60% of the topics created on a daily basis >.>

Personal call out threads bother me the most. Especially if it's because two people were PMing first off, but the loser wanted to take it a step further by including everyone else in the drama. :x

Really, really repeated threads. Like that Stranger-and-dog-drowning-whom-do-you-save thing we had not too long ago. ANNOYING!

Threads where people bitch about other threads.
Seriously.

EDIT (to avoid low content): Yeah, if a thread sounds silly to you don't click on it. It could not get any simpler.

Threads where people ask for your opinion on offensive topics. They always end in shitstorms and a ban or two.

Aylaine:
Personal call out threads bother me the most. Especially if it's because two people were PMing first off, but the loser wanted to take it a step further by including everyone else in the drama. :x

That hasn't actually happened in a while I don't think, but yeah... I don't understand how the people that posts those could ever think it was a good idea.

Fappy:

Aylaine:

That hasn't actually happened in a while I don't think, but yeah... I don't understand how the people that posts those could ever think it was a good idea.

Attention. Support. The idea is to get others to side with your viewpoint in whatever situation is posted out in the open. :x

Bestiality threads, feminism, gun threads, fat acceptance threads (thankfully somewhat rare), legalize [drug_name] threads.

Aylaine:

Fappy:

Aylaine:

Attention. Support. The idea is to get others to side with your viewpoint in whatever situation is posted out in the open. :x

Maybe I could understand it if it was left vague who the poster's antagonist was and they are just looking for self-validation, but calling out other users for that kind of stuff is just in poor taste DX

"That thing you hate that other people like".

Also, the "Overrated X" variant.

Brony threads. That is to say, threads that discuss bronydom and not the actual series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I want more discussions about whether Spike counts as a main character and less about how people regard bronies. Honestly, it's like a forum where there's a bunch of Star Wars fans, and everyone wants to discuss the private lives of Mark Hamill and the other actors, but nobody wants to discuss the movies.

"OMG a serious discussion was had about a topic on a comedy website, I can't handle it so I'll make a comedy thread about it".... thread.

"I'm a well-known community member with thousands of posts, so making a pointless thread devoid of content and featuring poorly drawn genitals is fine"... threads.

"Is it _____ if I _____"... threads. Usually "racist" if I "obviously racist action."

"Random thread"... threads.
"Random thread imitator #1"... threads.
"Random thread imitator #2"... threads.
"Random thread imitator #3"... threads.
...etc.

"Blatantly obvious bias"... threads.

"Sweeping accusations about a portion of the population"... threads.

"Lonely Heart"... threads.

Sometimes there's a nugget of a thread I'll respond to, but most of the time I keeps to StackExchange where I can flex my brain a bit.

DustlessDragoon:
I hate threads that hate on other threads :P

Seriously though I do have strong hate for the multiple amount of "Recommend me an anime" threads that are always posted, just look at the million other threads asking the same thing instead of making a new thread which will just get the same answers.

I don't have a problem with those. I mean, are you actually going to go past the first page of the forum? No. No one does that. The responses do annoy me, though.

Don't recommend Death Note. I already saw Death Note. You do not need to tell me that it is good. I saw it. If I didn't already say I watched Death Note, the hint that I've already seen it is that I'm asking you to recommend me an anime. Yes, that counts as a confirmation that I've watched it.

Or, perhaps worse, "not reading the poster's post syndrome":

"I'm looking for a dark, fantasy anime"

Responses:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Darker than Black
Death Note
Dragon Ball Z
Angel Beats
Gurren Lagann

"I'm looking for a funny, high school anime"

Responses:
Death Note
Dragon Ball Z
Gurren Lagann
Lucky Star
Darker than Black
Fullmetal Alchemist

"I'm looking for yaoi tentacle hentai"

Responses:
Gurren Lagann
Angel Beats
Death Note
Dragon Ball Z
Witchblade
Darker than Black
Fullmetal Alchemist

The only anime that can be recommended no matter what genre the person mentions is Code Geass Gurren Lagann Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Code Geass, because it has ALL THE GENRES

Dr. Cakey:
-Snip-

To be fair, in the dark, fantasy anime thread he said he'd be willing to watch just about anything. He just preferred dark, fantasy anime.

Fappy:

Dr. Cakey:
-Snip-

To be fair, in the dark, fantasy anime thread he said he'd be willing to watch just about anything. He just preferred dark, fantasy anime.

I wasn't actually singling you out, although about halfway through I was like, "oh yeah...the Artist Formerly Known As the Winking Cat Guy did that..."

Based on what he'd seen, he probably would like Darker than Black anyway.

Dr. Cakey:

Fappy:

Dr. Cakey:
-Snip-

I wasn't actually singling you out, although about halfway through I was like, "oh yeah...the Artist Formerly Known As the Winking Cat Guy did that..."

Based on what he'd seen, he probably would like Darker than Black anyway.

I agree, though I think I probably plugged it because countless queries regarding my avatar yesterday had me thinking about it.

Any and all threads in which I cannot find a tangential link between the topic at hand and The Scorpion King 3. They make me sad.

Incidentally, this is not one of those threads.

Those "X everyone hates that you love" and vice versa. I know they may well not be, but they smack of "Oooh look at us, we're different".

Meta-threads. They don't contribute anything useful to a forum, but they're interesting enough for posters to reply to, even if the only thing they're saying is the paradoxical statement that they want the meta-threads to die.

Threads that are about a instant flamewar topic, because somehow people keep forgetting that this topic always result in flamewars.

Oh yeah, and what SomeLameStuff said. (repeated below)

SomeLameStuff:
Really, really repeated threads. Like that Stranger-and-dog-drowning-whom-do-you-save thing we had not too long ago. ANNOYING!

Really, these "Moral dilemmas" are always ridiculous.

Anything involving sexism .... because they always turn out so well.
Friendzone .... get a grip people.
Needlessly repeated threads .... The same thing doesn't need discussing multiple times, there is only so many ways we can say the same bloody thing.

Fappy:

Aylaine:

Fappy:

Maybe I could understand it if it was left vague who the poster's antagonist was and they are just looking for self-validation, but calling out other users for that kind of stuff is just in poor taste DX

Haha, well... based on my experiences, I have learned that some people just love drama. :)

Friendzone threads...
"WAAAH ALL WOMEN WANT ASSHOLES!! I'M A NICE GUY WHO DOESN'T TOTALLY THINK GIRLS ARE MACHINES YOU PUT KINDNESS COINS INTO UNTIL SEX FALLS OUT!!?"

Honestly, we get it, you can't get a date, leave us out of it. Fortunately, we haven't had one in a while.

EDIT: Also, people who bitch about a popular game that just came out, you don't like it, fine, stop telling everyone else it's the worst thing in the world.

Sexism
Rape
Smoking

Those are the threads that just make me go bleh.. I'll post in them and lurk a bit but it's all the same circle jerk of both sides insulting each other in new and subtle ways as to not get banned.

I did enjoy the drowning threads while they were around. Quite funny!

Any thread entitled: "Am I the only one who X?"

Inb4 this one!!!!11!

Seriously it must be the endless sexism/rape threads. Particularly the sexism ones. Come on, if you're specifically looking for sexism you're going to find it, seeing as there're only two genders on Earth.

You could over-analyse any scene and find sexism in it. Anyway, anyone who still seriously believes that men > women is going to be way in the minority. I hope. So can we stop holding doors open for you ladies? Gets real annoying y'know. >.<

Blargh i'm going to stop talking before someone misinterprets something and flips their shit because discussing the ins and outs of possible (but probably non-existant) sexism is srs bsns.

I feel icky now. I never even touched those types of threads. Here have some relaxing music to help.

renegade7:
Bestiality threads, feminism, gun threads, fat acceptance threads (thankfully somewhat rare), legalize [drug_name] threads.

It's sad how many threads devolve into one of these by about page 2. Especially anything news related- it's almost guaranteed that by the second page it's either going to be about feminism, gun control, or an "Americans are tossers" thread, with some overlap.

Phasmal:
Threads where people bitch about other threads.
Seriously.

EDIT (to avoid low content): Yeah, if a thread sounds silly to you don't click on it. It could not get any simpler.

We have a winner.

Unless you've recently registered on the forums, you should know which topics are going to end up in lengthier and aggressive paragraphs. If you don't want to join in then don't enter those sorts of threads.

I like feminism threads, if only because it's something I've had to think about a lot myself and it's interesting to see what other people thing. I just back out of threads once they become a series of two/three people worming their way around being bannned by insulting each other with 'my opinions'.

Threads in which it is not appropriate/I can't find a vague excuse to post a Nicolas Cage picture...

On that note...

also any thread that contains shit about beta-males or how "women only date jerks" shit. I just hate it so much.

Threads that could be solved by a google post.

Threads that reek of uneeded brand loyalty.

Personal Problem threads.

Necro-threads, I guess. Except for 'The artist in thee' ofcourse.

Especially if the thread itself actually seems interesting. But then you see all these banned users and you realize it's been dead for ages... and you just touched it. Eeeeew!

Threads that are meant to be making fun of another thread. Like if there's a "X Is now your weapon in the zombie apocalypse" thread (old, but just for the sake of example), then I hate threads that are posted right afterwards "(Something completely absurd) is yur w3p0n in teh zombii apocalipse! LOL I'M IRONIC" thread.

We get it. You don't like this sort of thread. Trying to be all meta and ironic isn't making any other statement than "I'm a smarmy sarcastic buzzkill." If you have a problem with a kind of thread, at least have the balls to make a thread saying "I'm sick of X threads!"

Friend-zone threads (in which I also include threads that complain about people who say they've been friend-zoned. It's just redundant at this point)

This can basically be extended to any thread where someone hasn't got their way about something, and so chooses to event a conspiracy or personal vendetta, then generalises everyone belonging to the same demographic as the person who 'wronged' them.

Also 'fad' threads, the drowning one being the most recent.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked