13.3% (51)
Gargoyles
5.2% (20)
5.2% (20)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Best 90's Cartoon?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The trilogy concludes...

My first poll told me that 90's was the most popular decade for animated programs(Though, now that I think about it, it may just be because of the common age group of this site). So now let's vote on best show from that decade. I'm going to pick the most popular examples and see which one you guys think is the greatest of them all.

Edit: Due to too many requests, i have decided to turn "Beavis and Butthead" into "Other". Sorry Beavis and Butthead fans.

DBZ is an anime, not a cartoon.

But, out of that list?
Batman: TAS

Without it I don't think the current 'superhero movie' films you'd see would be getting made.

Batman: TAS proved you could do a mature cartoon, point it a kids, and do REALLY well.

Never mind because of B:TAS things like JL/JLU, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, and even Silver Surfer:TAS got made.

Not sure about X-Men:TAS got green-lit because of B:TAS, or if it was just being made around the same time.

The 90's... The Simpsons?

I chose Animaniacs, because The Simpsons and Rocko's Modern Life weren't options.

The lack of Beast Wars in this poll is very disappointing.

No "other" option? Trigun would be my favorite 90's show. However I probably would of said Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion are the best since they're pretty much classics.

Simpsons were the best of the 90s, but of the choices given, I would go with XMen. That theme song was legit.

The lack of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Bucky O Hare and Count Duckula makes me dismiss your poll as the rantings of a madman.

Tanis:

... is this guy serious?

OT: Back in middle school, I read a play in my English Lit book called MacBeth. My first thoughts? "These guys ripped off Gargoyles. Disney should sue their ass"

Even more OT: Going with Gargoyles. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and it's one of those rare ones where the story and animation still hold up till this day.

Tanis:

Before someone comes in and laughs at you i'd like to point out the painfully obvious....

Anime are Japanese cartoons and computer animation. The word is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation".

Anime IS a cartoon.

Out of that list I would have to say Animaniacs.

For realz, it is impossible to beat Rugrats.

Rawne1980:

Tanis:

Before someone comes in and laughs at you i'd like to point out the painfully obvious....

Anime are Japanese cartoons and computer animation. The word is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation".

Anime IS a cartoon.

And Black Sabbath is still a 'rock' band, just like The Beatles.
;)
And manga is just a BnW comic book, but if you told that to DC/Marvel fans they'd freak out.

When it comes to the polling options, DBZ doesn't 'fit' with the rest of them.

It's like saying 'what's your favorite Sci-Fi movie' and putting Moon in with a poll that has Star Wars, Star Trek, Blade Runner, and Dune.

Sure, it's "Sci-Fi", but it's a different sub-genera.

As evidenced by my avatar id normally go dbz but... Batman TAS :')

My non nominated choice would be "Animals of the farthing wood", which is a bit like Watership down in that despite protagonists being cute animals, the show was brutal. Was a bbc cartoon so doubt anyone outside uk will know of it though .

Noy jitat! No mention of Pirates of Dark Water?

No mention of SWAT KATZ?

I weep for you.

The 90's are known as the Rennaisance of animation and you think a poll with a mere eight options can possibly sum up such a time period? That's just silly.

Shadowstar38:

Tanis:

... is this guy serious?

Yeah, some kids genuinely think this.

VanQQisH:
The 90's are known as the Rennaisance of animation and you think a poll with a mere eight options can possibly sum up such a time period? That's just silly.

Shadowstar38:

Tanis:

... is this guy serious?

Yeah, some kids genuinely think this.

agree with both of these.

OT: out of those options? i watched DBZ the most...

if I had to list another cartoon, it'd be scooby doo (yes i know they weren't MADE in the 90's, but that's when i watched em, fuck off.)

Where is Reboot?

I still remember the first batman episode with clay face.

I can't decide between DBZ and Animaniacs. Not voting. They are both too amazing for me to make up my mind.

WHERE ARE COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG AND ED, EDD, 'N' EDDY!?

Son, I am dissapoint.

Captcha: laser beams.

FUCK YEAH!

No mention of Daria ya this thread lowers my esteem for you all even more.

I don't particularly like any of these...but if I had to choose one, I guess I'd go with Darkwing Duck.

Swat Kats wasn't on there. This thread has failed.

Among the choices though, Batman.

Wait, this is actually a question? The goddamn Batman!

Pick another poll option. I dare you.

Barring the obvious Batman choice, I really enjoyed Gargoyles and X-Men. I could never really get into DBZ as a kid.

Rawne1980:
The lack of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Bucky O Hare and Count Duckula makes me dismiss your poll as the rantings of a madman.

I remember the green rabbit but that's about it. What was dogtanian? (Im surprised technoman blade wasn't on here).

I'm noticing a notable lack of Johnny Bravo.

Saw thread title, immediately said: Batman.
Clicked on link and saw Batman at the top of the poll.
Was not disappointed.
Good job today internet, good job.

MuttyGrims1321:
Where is Reboot?

Where is Beastwars and Shadow Raiders?

CAPTCHA: I am captcha! - It has gained sentience!!!!!!

Clearly, since only 3.7% of people have chosen Ren & Stimpy, only 3.7% of people know what they are talking about. Ren & Stimpy is the best, that is simply an objective fact.

WTF.... After voting perplexion here... Animaniacs is on the poll and Batman still have 40% of the votes, I really don't and will never understand you Americans lol.

Frankster:
As evidenced by my avatar id normally go dbz but... Batman TAS :')

My non nominated choice would be "Animals of the farthing wood", which is a bit like Watership down in that despite protagonists being cute animals, the show was brutal. Was a bbc cartoon so doubt anyone outside uk will know of it though .

Not true! I loved The Animals of Farthing Wood as a kid in Australia. Australia has a lot more BBC shows on air though than most countries, being a Commonwealth nation and all.

Siegreich:
No mention of Daria ya this thread lowers my esteem for you all even more.

I own the complete series of Daria. For a show that spun off from Beavis and Butthead, the wonderful sarcastic humour and genuine insightfulness of that show was amazing.

I'd also give an honourable mention to Earthworm Jim and The Tick as brilliant satires of typical comics/comic-inspired cartoons, but my number one vote (if it was on the list) would go to the Tintin animated series. I loved that show so much.

From what was there though, X-Men TAS is the show I have the fondest memories of so it got my vote.

Batman: The animated series had some amazing story lines such as the joker and Harley Quinn and the Baby doll story. Gargoyles is a close second. I also really liked, "I am weasel" but only because Michael Dorn did some voice work.

Ryan Hughes:
Clearly, since only 3.7% of people have chosen Ren & Stimpy, only 3.7% of people know what they are talking about. Ren & Stimpy is the best, that is simply an objective fact.

This man speaks the truth.

Also, regarding Gargoyles,

Al-Bundy-da-G:
I'm noticing a notable lack of Johnny Bravo.

This right here...

...as well as an alarming absence of Swat Kats

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked