55.9% (124)
Pants off!
43.7% (97)
43.7% (97)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: To not wear pants?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Random Question #326

If the climate was right and there were no social obligations would you not wear pants to a public outing?

My answer? If it's not considered too weird, sure, I'd show up in nothing but my shirt and shoes. (maybe underwear)

I wear pants (usually shorts, but I'm assuming they count as the same thing here) when home alone.

So, I would definitely wear them outside to a public outing.

I know they aren't popular in a lot of places, but there are shorts you can wear that aren't underpants. Or if you have a vag/are Scottish, there are even more options. I'm fond of slimmer just above the knee cut khaki shorts.

Personally, I like to keep my butt safe from the various things you might accidentally sit on: puddles, gerbils, errant erections.

This is hilarious, because I'm assuming that 'pants' means something slightly different to you than it does to me :D

Where I come from, if you don't wear pants in public, you get arrested, possibly put on some kind of register...

Always with the pants. Long, black cargo pants or a nice pair of jeans. Even when it's summer and boiling hot and the only reason I'm wearing them is because I can't find a decent set of 3/4 length cargo pants anywhere.

I'll stick to my jeans.

However if no rules were in effect, I look to LRR for guidance.

Tough call.

Daystar Clarion:
This is hilarious, because I'm assuming that 'pants' means something slightly different to you than it does to me :D

Where I come from, if you don't wear pants in public, you get arrested, possibly put on some kind of register...

Presuming they wore trousers, but no pants, how would you know?

If the climate were warm enough, I'd certainly opt for fewer jeans and more skirts. But I wear a leather jacket until the temperature tops 35C (95F), so I do like it quite warm.

Aris Khandr:

Daystar Clarion:

Presuming they wore trousers, but no pants, how would you know?

If the climate were warm enough, I'd certainly opt for fewer jeans and more skirts. But I wear a leather jacket until the temperature tops 35C (95F), so I do like it quite warm.

Well, if we're tackling the issue of high temperatures in the trousal area, I assume not wearing pants would not deal with trouser related heat insulation.

I'd still wear pants.
I'd wear all my clothes regardless of social obligations, climate or anything else since I personally would feel indecent.

It's embarrassing enough seeing old people do it at the beach I'd rather not see anyone do it at a shopping centre.

Wow, you guys are much more pro pants than I would have thought.

It's starting to feel like that dream where you're giving a speech but you're the only one without pants on.

Well considering I am kind off a prude, I believe it would cause nothing in me but panic, so I am afraid I would have to keep my pants/trousers/whatever on, besides I like to be completely covered and my informal house attire, is just not putting a shirt on, though that means I'll still be wearing a T-shirt and I'll probably be wearing a blanket as a cape because I like capes but I don't own any, so I just pretend I have one.

Shinsei-J:
Wow, you guys are much more pro pants than I would have thought.

It's starting to feel like that dream where you're giving a speech but you're the only one without pants on.

Pants are where it's at.

I find your lack of pants disturbing.

I only wear pants when I have to. >_>

I don't get why pants get so much hate. I don't find them any more uncomfortable than shirts.
Besides, they keep my junk from flopping around uncomfortably.

I certainly wish we were allowed to walk around naked in public space at our own discretion though. It just seems like such a senseless law that clothes shouldn't be optional.

Jonluw:
I certainly wish we were allowed to walk around naked in public space at our own discretion though. It just seems like such a senseless law that clothes shouldn't be optional.

I would quite happily walk around naked in public if I was allowed to as I find clothing kind of annoying. But it wouldn't be fair on the people who have to see me and the constant vomiting and gouging of their own eyes out in my presence would probably depress me after a while.

If its just a binary choice though...gotta keep my pants honestly...Even in 100 degree weather I need a pair of jeans. Nobody needs to see my thin, thin legs.

Daystar Clarion:

Well... only if you are also not wearing your trousers... otherwise it's ok! :P

Hell... I have gone without pants many a time... usually when I forget a spare pair after the gym... I will either go commando in my phys shorts, or go commando after!

No shirt, if anything. A stylistic preference simply, I have nothing against not wearing pants.

The only time I would not wear any pants at all (including when it's ok to not wear one and no one is judging me) is when it's a very hot day.

I always wear pants.

Always.

Bear legs.

pants are very overrated. far too restrictive

Being a brit, I'm assuming you mean trousers since you mentioned underwear later on.

Definitely pants on. People's bodies who do wear trousers/pants become adapted to it, and so to not wear them would feel weird. Obviously, you'd get used to not wearing them, but I also don't like my legs so...

I'd prefer that men wear pants than shorts unless they can pull it off fashionably.

I mean, the average American white dude lounging in cheap ugly shorts because it is simply more comfy VS the fashionable Italian guy in well tailored shorts is totally different.

Also depends on how nice your legs are. THe same goes for men and women but some people are just not cut out to wear shorts.

There's no obligation for guys to wear shirt, I still prefer to wear one at all times. I just don't like showing off my body so I wear pants (never shorts) even if it's hotter than hell and socially accepted to wear less. I wear less when I go swimming though...

Daystar Clarion:

Not if you're still wearing trousers/skirt/dress. I seem to recall I went to a party sans-pants once. My dress was very clingy and I didn't want to have a line.

OT: Not a fan of my legs, so I prefer to keep my trousers on.

Daystar Clarion:

C'mon we can totally do this, Daystar. We're 'ard men!

Palademon:

Daystar Clarion:

C'mon we can totally do this, Daystar. We're 'ard men!

Like a baws :D

We'll go to prison, but it'll be worth it.

No it won't.

I'm shy enough as it is, not wearing trousers in public would probably kill me.

I like the idea of not wearing pants but I don't like the idea of everyone's ass juices spread all over the place. Can you imagine all the skid marks on public seats if people didn't wear pants? Think about some of the people you've seem on the city bus and ask yourself if you want them to wear pants.

I would be game for that. I already get the mail without pants, so I'm kind of used to it already! :D

If it was really warm outside I'd run around without pants... though, I'd miss my pockets :(

I'm not much of a fan of pants. Dresses and skirts are more comfortable and less restrictive, and I've got decent looking legs(though I wouldn't have said that last summer. Fucking bugs.) So yeah, I could do without pants.

I'm a massive prude. So I'd probably make an effort to dress up even more. Just to make sure.

Daystar Clarion:

Same here. I always wondered how this difference emerged.

if it was socially accepted, i would wear a skirt/kilt the majority of the time. its like a pair of loose shorts, but comfier!!! i am male, in case you were wondering why skirts are not as accepted to wear for me...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked