Cooking, my one and only enemy.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Hello there,[1]friends and non-friends.
(You know who you are.)

It is almost 1 AM (US/MT) and am both distraught and distinctly pancake-free.
You see, around midnight I decide that I would make pancakes because, it's technically morning.
I managed to make up a batter and proceeded to fuck up royally. (They tasted, well...badly, for lack of a better descriptor)

It seems that whenever I decide to cook something, the Gods of Cooking have some kind chip on their shoulder, like I kicked one of them in the nads in a former life. So, now I am forever cursed to be really shitty at cooking.

So, friends, I ask you what are your weaknesses? Have you ruined your life as much as they have mine?

[1] This post rated "P" for Pancake Failure

Stairs, damned stairs.
Seriously I keep falling off of them, it's quite frustrating, it doesn't really hurt anymore but it's quite ridiculous, I always have to grab onto the ledge to make sure I don't fall down completely, but seriously people that know me don't even bother asking if I'm OK, because it happens all the time, I really need some jet boots for this to stop, if anybody has a spare pair, please tell me!

girlsMaths
Use to be good at it but now I just can't take it anymore, I'd rather cook or run down a million flight of stairs than do advanced trigonometry and logs any day.

I don't have weaknesses.
I am a super being and extraordinary good at cooking, so it seems I have drained your cooking skills.

Keoul:
girlsMaths
Use to be good at it but now I just can't take it anymore, I'd rather cook or run down a million flight of stairs than do advanced trigonometry and logs any day.

You are just too Keoul for school aren't you?
Sorry couldn't resist bad pun x_X

Edit: This awful pun reminded me that I also have a weakness towards humour, I almost always miss the punchline, doesn't help that when I do find something funny I don't laugh or smile or anything, I just stand there with the same bored expression as always, so yeah that makes me pretty bad at humour.

Guffe:
I don't have weaknesses.
I am a super being and extraordinary good at cooking, so it seems I have drained your cooking skills.

Damn you. I shall never forgive you, stranger!

Keoul:
girlsMaths

YES! Back in Junior High, I was "the math guy" but nowadays, I refuse to see any subject that relates to numbers. I'm tired of math. Taking Prob/Stat just to avoid the math too :P

My immune system seems to be my enemy.
Luckily, it doesn't seem to be after my life (yet), but it likes to trip me up every now and again to remind me who is boss.
I have tonsillitis.
It sucks.

Phasmal:
My immune system seems to be my enemy.
Luckily, it doesn't seem to be after my life (yet), but it likes to trip me up every now and again to remind me who is boss.
I have tonsillitis.
It sucks.

Being in poor health permanently really is one of the worst things you can be born with. Dunno what it is, some people are just like that, and it sucks :/

To you, good sir, I provide you with this website. Certainly helped me out when I was trying to learn how to cook a single bloody thing! :P

http://sortedfood.com

My worst enemy is time. Always moving forward at a pace I find I can't keep up with. I blink once, and suddenly it's already time to hand in that important assignment.

Nope. No weaknesses. Except cats. I <3 cats!

Nah, I do have a few serious weaknesses though. Particularly friends. I'm a huge sucker. I'll pretty much do whatever someone wants of me :\. That said, I'm highly resilient to peer pressure, no one can make me do something I really don't want to do, but if someone needs a favour on the other hand... Yeah, I'm there.

My only weakness is temptation.

cookie or free internet (offer void in Nebraska and Sweden) for reference.

Doors

yup doors they get slammed in my face and on my hands waaay to much :/ i even had a door try to steal my ring once.... my finger got pretty bloody from that :< not too mention that they slam themselves at the tiniest breeze through the window

Cooking. Cooking is my one weakness. I can't cook at all, I have tried many times, and many people have tried to teach me. But for some bizaare reason I just seem to fail each and every time. This sucks horribly as my mum is having an operation tomorrow and won't be able to move for 6 weeks, so I have got to cook for the family most nights.

I would tell you my weakness, but then you'd just use it against me :/

Other than that I not very good at RTS's. They make me feel stupid having to play them on "Cake walk" in order to win. It's probably because I only used cheats when I was younger. The first 6 of my 8 years of RTSing (took a break after Civ IV). I never developed the skillset and now I'm suffering.

"Wuv woo" and Tines of power for Age of Mythology were awesome, as was "how do I turn this on" for Age of Empires

Laziness is my achilles heel.

I probably cold of been more active in my life if it weren't for my self indulgent to bash in my laziness.

(Also, I somewhat ok/ good at cooking as I actually enjoy making my food.)

fenrizz:

I think you're trying to quote Oscar Wilde, but the actual quote is "I can resist anything except temptation." I have that as a fridge magnet =)

Do I get another cookie for pointless pedantry?

My lack of ambition and fear of failure probably.

Quite limiting to be honest.

James Joseph Emerald:

fenrizz:

I think you're trying to quote Oscar Wilde, but the actual quote is "I can resist anything except temptation." I have that as a fridge magnet =)

Do I get another cookie for pointless pedantry?

There is always cookie for pointless pedantry!

T0ad 0f Truth:
I would tell you my weakness, but then you'd just use it against me :/

Other than that I not very good at RTS's. They make me feel stupid having to play them on "Cake walk" in order to win. It's probably because I only used cheats when I was younger. The first 6 of my 8 years of RTSing (took a break after Civ IV). I never developed the skillset and now I'm suffering.

"Wuv woo" and Tines of power for Age of Mythology were awesome, as was "how do I turn this on" for Age of Empires

My dear, dear toad. I already know all your weakness.

Also, do not feel bad. I am really, really impatient, so I am really bad at turn based combat games.

Lucem712:

...Fuck... I need cheats now!

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A

Ha! Now I have no weaknesses!... Maybe... but I can take care of it with this

*types in texas*

Now I have ALL THE WEAPONS!

T0ad 0f Truth:

Lucem712:

...Fuck... I need cheats now!

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A

Ha! Now I have no weaknesses!... Maybe... but I can take care of it with this

*types in texas*

Now I have ALL THE WEAPONS!

~

You forgot a second B A and Select Start.

*stabs t0ad*

n00b

Not sure if this is a weakness...

I can't take any movie seriously now. Riffing has gotten a hold of me and I can't stop cracking jokes throughout it

Crowds. I really don't deal well with large groups of people unless it's in a professional setting and I can hide behind my uniform.

...but how the hell do you fuck up pancakes?! What did you make your batter out of?

LiftYourSkinnyFists:
-SNIP-

I still have one life left!

...And now for my ultimate cheat

BAWK BAWK BOOM

*Summons Meteor poison chicken power*

*Everyone dies*

fenrizz:

There is always cookie for pointless pedantry!

Oh, you give me the creepiest possible cookie.
Reeeeeal passive-aggressive. =P

Lucem712:
Hello there,

You see, around midnight I decide that I would make pancakes because, it's technically morning.
I managed to make up a batter and proceeded to fuck up royally. (They tasted, well...badly, for lack of a better descriptor)

It seems that whenever I decide to cook something, the Gods of Cooking have some kind chip on their shoulder, like I kicked one of them in the nads in a former life. So, now I am forever cursed to be really shitty at cooking.

So, friends, I ask you what are your weaknesses? Have you ruined your life as much as they have mine?

wait, why didnt you use these pancake baking mixtures where you just have to add water...you didnt fail with that, did you?

I get the colours blue and yellow mixed up when they're next to each other. Oh god.

rhizhim:

Lucem712:
[]|:{

wait, why didnt you use these pancake baking mixtures where you just have to add water...you didnt fail with that, did you?

I made the batter from scratch because it was almost 1 am and I don't wanna be the weirdo buying pancake mix at a local gas station. (There are no 24 hour stores near by)

loc978:
Crowds. I really don't deal well with large groups of people unless it's in a professional setting and I can hide behind my uniform.

...but how the hell do you fuck up pancakes?! What did you make your batter out of?

I am about 98% I used a bad ingredient. They looked really good, nice and fluffy. They just tasted horrible.

Thanks to extensive specialization, my weakness is only that I don't have enough laboratory minions to carry out my experimental whims.

soon.

Soon.

I didn't see the coma in the title, and thought this would be a story of victory. Alas, tis not...

My enemy seems to be my car. Piece of shit ._.

squidface:
I get the colours blue and yellow mixed up when they're next to each other. Oh god.

Are you color blind?
Quick color blind test. Can you follow the line between the X's

Only people who are color blind (a specific type) should able to

Lucem712:
[spoiler]Hello there,[1]friends and non-friends.
(You know who you are.)

[/spoiler]

Just putting out the obvious but you didn't try to flatten them with the spatula did you? Cause that's bad.

My weakness gravity and big ass hornets. Can't carry anything without gravity taking hold and having my just payed for watermelon fall and bust on my new shoes. Then the hornets decide that my shoes taste like watermelon. Worst fourth of july I've ever had.

[1] This post rated "P" for Pancake Failure

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked