Music for getting rid of an headache.

Yello, me fellow Escapists.

Long story short, I has an headache!

Just wondering if you lot could be so kind and recommend me some music that can help get rid of it?

You'd probably be helping other members of this fine and extravagant society cure their cranium located ailments.

And don't say anything about the fact that I'm staring at a computer ai helping.

Cheers.

Try this. It may help.

Makes my worries seem far away!

I find the concept of music helping a headache a little far-fetched, aside from taking your mind off the pain, I suppose.

If you want something soft and relaxing, how about:
Debussy: Clair de Lune
John Barry: Somewhere in Time Theme

None. Take a hot ass shower instead. well that's what I do.

Music no matter how calm and relaxing just worsens my headache.

This song is the cure for anything that ails you

DISCLAIMER: This song is not medically proven to cure anything, but still, listen

Rather sure this song could cure cancer.

Yes, I do love finding excuses to post ROTTT everywhere. It makes everyones collective lives better.

Ok now this is relaxing.

There is more than one way to lose a headache but none is as classy as this one:

Don't listen to music. I find it only makes it worse. Take a walk for a while.

I had a migraine earlier today so I listened to this album:

Love me some Nick Drake.

You could try some of these too:

If you watched Good Will Hunting you are incredibly familiar with his music, as Gus Van Zant had him do practically the entire soundtrack.

Take a nature walk while listening to that and occasionally massaging your neck and temples. Headache = history.

Fresh air (open window, spending time outside), making sure your liquid levels are okay (water, water and, oh, some water might help) and no stress are the best way to allow a headache its course.

I find this to be stress-relieving (try to ignore the first 18 or so seconds though):

Flows good, it's quite relaxing really. It's the kind of music that you just listen to after a long day.

Here ya go:

lacktheknack:

Take a nature walk while listening to that and occasionally massaging your neck and temples. Headache = history.

Aphex or AFX's ambient stuff is among my favorite electronic music in existence. There is a truckload of albums of his that apply heavily to the OP and I cannot recommend it enough.

This guy is panacea;

The soundtrack to Flower is relay relaxing.

DrunkOnEstus:

lacktheknack:

Aphex or AFX's ambient stuff is among my favorite electronic music in existence. There is a truckload of albums of his that apply heavily to the OP and I cannot recommend it enough.

I've mentioned before that Selected Ambient Works Vol. II is my favorite album ever... it still stands. :D

The world would be better if there were more cunts in the world...

For the record, a "cunt" is an Aphex Twin fan. Don't ask me how that started, because I don't know. I base this on references in the music, hearing fans talking, and reading YouTube comments.

FolkLikePanda:

Just wondering if you lot could be so kind and recommend me some music that can help get rid of it?

Sure. What kind of headache?

The Wykydtron:
Rather sure this song could cure cancer.

I miss P4. I should go watch it again.

JimB:

FolkLikePanda:

Sure. What kind of headache?

The one you get in your cranium.

Facetious answer: Rap, because the pain it will give you will cause you to forget all about your headache.
Serious answer: Don't listen to music, it will only worsen your headache.

Try "Air City" or "Floating Seeds" by Ozric Tentacles.
No I'm not taking the piss...

-Searching Stumbleupon now-

Ah, here: http://soundcloud.com/justmusiclabel/marconi-union-weightless/s-kttxT

It's called Weightless. Whenever I hear this song, I want to dream. Dream about stuff that would just amaze me.

Painkillers and a lie down are all that'll cure my headaches.

Listening to music, for me, just makes it's worse.

FolkLikePanda:
Yello, me fellow Escapists.

You'd probably be helping other members of this fine and extravagant society cure their cranium located ailments.

And don't say anything about the fact that I'm staring at a computer ai helping.

Cheers.

Here's my Contribution!

Haven't listened to her since I was little, but Enya is as soothing as it gets.

This:

In all seriousness. This song might work. At least the intro.

Anything that is relatively heavy/complex tends to make me focus on everything that's happening in the song so much that the headache pain goes.

Alternatively, you could take some aspirin or paracetamol and listen to this:

I have an erratic sleep schedule so I get headaches all the time.

Painkillers, dark room, total silence, lay on your back, head facing upwards, cool wet towel covering your eyes and forehead, jaw and eyebrows unclenched and relaxed, imagine you're submerged in ice cold water.

In 45 minutes or so your headache will be gone.

Take it easy afterwards, or it can come back. No load noises or bright lights.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked