Rare stuff you own

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I've got a copy of the book "Once More* With Footnotes," a Terry Pratchett book that'll set you back hundreds of dollars if you want a copy of your own. What rare stuff do you have? It could be anything, as long as it's hard to get.

I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.

I have, uh, a DVD copy of Going all the Way. And one of Southie. (Bonus point if you know their connection without looking it up.)

I hear tell that they're not the easiest things to come by.

I honestly don't know what else. Some of my other DVDs are probably rare-ish, too (The Shaft might be one), but I couldn't tell you which ones.

I have a Grand Admiral Thrawn action figure. It was the first thing I ever bought on Ebay, in like 1997 for my birthday when I was in high school.

I also found a program signed by Babe Ruth that dates to the Lou Gehrig farewell game in 1939 in my attic when I was a kid, turns out my grandfather used to take the train to NYC all the time when he was young and see Yankee games. My dad thought that was pretty swell when I gave it to him for Christmas!

I've got some old currency I've collected from my old job working at the bank, nothing too special, load of silver half dollars and old early 1910-30 currency I thought looked cool. I want to have a collection of old currency but haven't gotten around to collecting more.

Nouw:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.

Haha same here. Nothing can top the original bionicles.

I also have a lot of McFarlane collectables somewhere in storage. Not rare but a lot of the original ones so that's pretty cool. Shame I didn't keep em in the box, could have made a few bucks on em I'm sure.

Baseball signed by Chipper Jones.... not all that rare but its probably the only thing I own that wasn't mass produced.

EDIT: Game Used BTW

Nouw:

was Pohatu one of them? the rock guy?...we had one lying aorund...

I dont think I own anything rare...I do have a Banjo figure from diddy kong racing (not the car unfortunatly)

I have an unused, completely unopened (as in it still has the shrink wrap on it) copy of the first windows operating system. I would think that they are at least somewhat hard to find these days, considering the fact that most people who bought them used them.

Imthatguy:
Baseball signed by Chipper Jones.... not all that rare but its probably the only thing I own that wasn't mass produced.

EDIT: Game Used BTW

Thats cool. Did you buy it, or did you get a foul ball/home run and he signed in after the game?

Ummmm...if the Final Fantasy VII Complete Soundtrack is rare, then that, though I doubt it is. Just a little pricey. I get the impression that Radiata Stories for the PS2 is sort of rare, or at least no one else I know has ever played it or even heard of it. I also own inFamous 2's Hero Edition and the stuff in that could be rare someday.

Don't really own anything that would be considered "rare." Boy, this thread reminds me that I really wish I had an original Furby though...

Nouw:

Wait... the original Bionicle toys are hard to come by? Neat, I have a full set of the first six good guys, and the first six bad guys, complete with the tubes they came with, and instructions. Didn't realize they were worth anything, might have to hold onto them now.

Anyways, as a Transformer collector, I've got quite a few rarites in my collection. I've got stuff like:

Beast Wars Metals X-9 (aka, Beast Wars Ravage)
TFCC Animated Cheetor
Unicron.com Golden Disc set
Masterpiece Grimlock

...and lots more, more than I'd like to list here.

I have a Shakespeare collection from the 1880's, and a one of a kind map of Skyrim signed by the core dev team. I'd like to think that's pretty awesome.

I have a rare hardcover of the Garth Ennis run of Punisher Max. It is worth 300+ dollars. I also used to have a lot of extremely rare digimon and yugioh cards but they all got stolen by my mothers day care. A lot of my old rare valuable toys all got destroyed or stolen that way. Things like all my gargoyals batmans and street sharks and even digivices (I had them all).

The closest thing to rare is a copy of the old dragon quest games after they came to the playstation. All still working, of course for someone living in Japan that may not be so rare.

I've got...uh...well, the rarest thing I've got is probably the bottles I've dug up behind the cabin. Most of them are from the late '50s-early '60s, and a couple are local brands that I understand didn't make it off the island very often.

I've got a first printing Silmarillion. Unfortunately it's an American edition, so it's worth less than $100, but it's still cool. It wouldn't surprise me if I've got some other rare item hiding in one collection or another, but rare doesn't equal valuable, so I'm not too worried about it. I mean, it's quite possible that the most valuable videogame I own is my copy of FFVII, which is ridiculously common but difficult to get ahold of because most people aren't selling, and the ones that are are mostly e-bay scalpers. On the other hand, I've got a near mint condition copy of the DC comics version of Star Trek V. I'd be shocked if it's particularly common, but I'd also be shocked if it's worth more than the dollar I paid for it.

Edit: Looking at E-bay and Amazon, it seems like it's worth somewhere between $2 and $10, with most copies falling around $5. That's actually not bad considering it's a late 80's comic that very few people are going to be interested in. I grabbed it because I really liked STV's concept and love getting the various adaptations, since the movie itself was so horribly botched. I've got the movie, book, and comic. The only one I don't have is the videogame, which I didn't even know existed. Looks like it was a PC game with an unpublished NES adaptation.

I have a blue-print of the main monster from Virus (1997 Jamie Lee Curtis movie) and a Polaroid taken on the set both signed by the Director and one of the actors.
I also have a baseball bat that was once owned by a Norfolk Tides player (Minor League pro-baseball team)

Finally, though I don't really know how rare it is, I have a first generation PS2.

I have several EP's of Indy bands like Leroy's Giants and Machina. Also I have a Evanescence's discography which included not printed anymore music like Origin and their other EPs Ooooo Shiny Pokemon!

I have a katana hidden inside a cane. It's one of a kind, that's rare, right?
even if i broke it when I tried to cut down a tree with it

Uh... Well, I have a... I have this metallic Predator thingy made by some weird hippies in Australia.

Yeah, I've got nothing.

I have a Archangel Statue that I got from Blizzcon 2011, and some of the original Bionicles, except they are in pieces, mangled by years of play :(

If I knew they were rare, would have not recycled the tubes and instructions.

Oh, and rare Chaotic cards, like anyone wants those...

I have a slug gun which is kinda rare in Australia I guess. If I obtained anything as a child that would be considered rare now, It's probably either lost or broken.

LegoDudeGuy:

Oh, Chaotic, I remember those. I had loads of them.
Not that I actually played with them.

A working launch day xbox 360.

VeryOddGamer:

LegoDudeGuy:

Oh, Chaotic, I remember those. I had loads of them.
Not that I actually played with them.

I would play, but no one I know is willing to take the plunge and try it :(

It's fun once you know how to play.

Dem kids and their Yugi-Oh's and Pokemens....

username sucks:
I have a katana hidden inside a cane. It's one of a kind, that's rare, right?
even if i broke it when I tried to cut down a tree with it

...you did what?
OT: I've got a Colt AR15 A1, and it's in California. Love me dat Grandfather clause.
Umm, I might have other things, but I'm not sure.

I have an SNES and PS1 JRPG collection that could probably be sold on ebay for a few thousand dollars.

When I bought MGS4, i bought the hardback guide. With it came a sweet lithograph. Only 45,000 of these lithographs exist, or atleast thats what the number on the back says.

I have an old stopwatch made in THE MIGHTY SOVIET UNION. THE INSTRUMENT OF DOO-
I seem to have lost it though. Perhaps it went home and took it's rightful place on top of Lenin's coffin.

My ultimate pride is the object from this article:
http://generation-lost.com/english/356
100 prints from what that source says. I found it on eBay just a few weeks ago and I almost soiled my pants when I received it. I haven't dared to open it up in fear of scratching it.

I also have one that is limited to 1500 copies made with Face To Face.

Eh, I've got a few rarer things tucked away around my bedroom. In terms of coinage I've got an American $1 coin, some round Australian 50c pieces as well as some 1c and 2c pieces and some Aussie pennies, florins etc. I just found a box of coins in my room one day so that was interesting.

For gaming merch I've got a set of Club Nintendo hanafuda cards as well as a Phoenix Wright finger stylus from Japan. I know they aren't too rare there, but they are in Australia.

From the music world, I have signed copies of Andrew Huang's (songstowearpantsto) Summer CD and Fall booklet which I had to get signed in person when he came here on tour.

And finally, my favourite rare item is a set of clear, fairly cheap Dungeons and Dragons dice signed by Taylor Swift (with one letter of Taylor on each die and Swift on the case). As far as I know it's the only set of dice she's ever signed and that makes it one of a kind in my books.

EDIT: Oh, I also have all the statuettes from the First 4 Figures Twilight Princess range, the exclusive editions of course.

I own the first six DVD of Zoids: Chaotic Century. They stopped making the DVDs so the ones that are left have rocketed in price.

Many antiques, my fav. being a WW2 American issue canteen, complete with coffee cup and desert canvas container, water from it has a certain taste, of awesomeness. My biggest being a block of six old green steel school lockers, things are a pain to move but damn distinctive.

Couple of early 90's German surplus jackets, decked out with U.S. antique decorations and patches.

Sold pretty much any video game I had worth a bit(including a decent psx collection, even had Suikoden 2 and the strategy guide), but I do have a nice D&D 3.5 collection, special thanks to Wizards of the coast for making all of that much more valuable by producing the steady stream of bile that is 4th edition.

Nouw:

They're rare? sweet jesus ive had all of them sitting in a box for the last 10 or so years.

I have the original limited edition run of Serial Experiments Lain on Blu ray... only like 200 released in Japan... snagged it for around $400 on ebay...<.<

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked