Rare stuff you own

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Not much now. Used to have a bunch of unique/rare/presumably valuable stuff before my mother threw me out on my ass.

Anyway, I have a few buffalo head nickles, wheat pennies, and several other old US coins (which would have included a silver quarter and liberty head dime, but thanks to the boyfriend, I don't), a collection of sci-fi short stories that weren't very good (was my uncle's, he sent it to me because he though I'd enjoy it), a wooden thing with Mother Mary and Baby Jesus on it that was my Nana's (have no idea what it's called, sorry), and a CD given to me by Mr. Gavin Dunne himself.

Oh, and swag from NYCC 2011 & 2012.

Queen Michael:
What rare stuff do you have? It could be anything, as long as it's hard to get.

Well, I'm not sure if this counts for memorabilia, but I own a 200 year old upright bass. I inherited it from my mother when she died, and while I don't exactly know how much it's worth, best estimates would go in at more than $10,000. Not going to sell it though. I'm probably going to donate it to a music academy. It's a very powerful instrument and it deserves to be played, not simply gather dust in a climate-controlled storage chamber.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

darthmj94:
I bought a copy of the "legend of Zelda: ocerena of time, master quest" for gamecube on amazon a few years back. It is a version of the game with the puzzles rearranged into new, harder puzzles, and was only available with a pre-order of "wind waker". Not sure if it is rare but I am proud that I own it.

I see your Master Quest and raise you the original Legend of Zelda gold cartridge.

Come at me bro.

I see your gold cartridge of the original zelda, raise you the golden versions of OoT and Majora's mask, and a cartridge of the old nes game Crystalis

The original Pilot Script of the 1970's TV Show The Hardy Boys written by Glen A. Larson.

Models of the horses from Bonanza. I have both the 1960's and the recent 2009 Breyer ones.

The first edition copy of Please Please Me by The Beatles on vinyl. My uncle had no idea of its value when he cleaned out his attic. :D

I've got a few historical things in my room. I have a bayonet made in 1873 and some stuff from world war 2. I also have a screen used rubber m1 garand from the set of the HBO mininseries, the pacific, but that is about it for my collection of things.

I have a little bit of sports memorabilia, the best I own though is the ball that Shane Warne used to take his 600th wicket v England, the first cricketer to ever reach the 600 wicket mark.

To those who come from non cricket playing countries, or others not familiar with cricket or sport in general you probably wouldnt give two fucks, but its a pretty big piece of memorabilia right there

I have The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with Master Quest on the GameCube. I hear that's rare. But what I'd really like to own is the original, uncensored gold cart (and a Nintendo 64). I've also got some sort of Hess-brand plastic truck with a space shuttle.

And a CD-ROM copy of The Ultimate Doom for Windows 95.

The only thing I can really think of at the moment that is rare is my Yoshika Miyafuji nendoroid. You can find them on eBay occasionally (where I got mine) but they can run over 200. I was lucky as mine cost me about 75 with postage.

Let's see. I've got a few rare and valuable things.

-Banjo-Kazooie Plush toy
-Mumbo Jumbo plush toy

Get it? RARE? okay I'll go home now...

WAIT

I also have:

-A Kenner Imperial Shuttle from 1983
-Kenner Death Star playset (1979)
-Original Shadowtrooper (Still packaged)
-Silver Boba Fett (still packaged)
-Silver Darth Vader
-Silver Clone Trooper (packaged and unpackaged)
-Boba Fett vs. IG-88 with comic book (Packaged)
-Kenner miniatures Slave 1, Millenium Falcon, and Star Destroyer
-Kenner Slave 1
-Kenner Boba Fett with gun
-A bunch of other Star Wars stuff

-Psycho Mantis (cloaked) (Packaged)
-Metal Gear Solid 4 collector's edition

-Secret Agent Clank promotional figurine
-Jak and Daxter minimates
-A collection of Nintendo plush toys from the late 90s

-Bourne Trilogy novels (original print run)

-Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Holographic and Non-Holographic cartriges
-Legend of Zelda: Master Quest (gamecube)
-Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (gamecube)
-Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time figurines
-Legend of Zelda Sword and Shield (master replicas, 1/20 scale)

-Halo Battle Rifle and Covenant Carbine (master replicas, 1/20 scale)
-Halo 2 collector's edition
-Halo 3 legendary edition
-Halo Reach legendary edition
-Halo Wars collector's edition
-Halo 3 Todd Mcfarlane controller

-Gears of War collector's edition
-Gears of War 2 collector's edition
-Gears of War 3 angry Marcus Fenix statue edition
-Gears of War remote control centaur tank (preorder bonus)

The best part of this is that I got most of this stuff at or below half of the original selling price. For example: the imperial shuttle, the one that can go for around $400? I got mine for $5. Some of this stuff I got for free. So I guess I've proven my worth in the realm of collecting pointless but difficult to find objects.

I have teeth belonging to both Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus rare African theropod dinosaurs.

A few things off the top of my head...

I have 6 out of the 12 original Star Wars 3 3/4 inch figures, known as "12-backs". Out of those, the best two would be Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader. All of these are still in the packaging, and in great shape.

I have the original "Revenge of the Jedi" movie poster. This is the one that Lucas recalled, because he changed the title to "Return of the Jedi" because he felt Jedi didnt seek revenge.

I have the comic book, Strange Adventures #10, the second appearance of Captain Comet, from 1951. Its in at least a Fine + condition.

The only real rare things i own is the Tool Salival box set and an In Flames album signed by the band..not much else

I have an original model USM3 Combat Knife from WWII, a ceremonial Kabuto with gold decorations and old Japanese porcelain dolls. I got a majority of those from my Grandparents.

I have a first edition copy of The Silmarillion that I love.

I have a Panasonic 3DO, an Amiga CD-32, and a PAL Turbografx 16.

I guess those consoles are quite rare, and hard to come by.

Nouw:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.

Same here, those things were amazing.

I have a limited edition vinyl version of Boris at last- Feedbacker in red with a splattered decal.

Nouw:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.

I have a few of those too I think, I'm going to have to look into this.

But my proudest item would be a 1980 American Fender Precision bass that my dad gave me. By far the most valuable thing I own, plus I play it all of the time

My family still has an old video camera my dad smuggle out of the Soviet Union. The only other particularly rare object I own is an original printing of Richard Bachman's book, Thinner. For horror fans, Bachman was the pseudonym Stephen King used as an experiment to try to replicate his original success.

I don't have many rare things except for a glass coke bottle and can from the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta with the contents still inside. (not that anyone would drink it now)

I just remembered I own Grandia for the PS1, not sure about America but good f**king luck finding one here in Ireland (Or the UK) this thing is freaking rare.

I've got a bunch of old dual lands for Magic and some nice old AD&D books.

I have a Simpsons animation cell, 4 robotech masterpiece toys, a bunch of G1 original transformers (every time I get close to having the money for Optimus, some bill gets in the way) and some fairly expensive collectible bears. Constable T Bear if you really wanna know.

I have the 6 original Toa Bionicles, and a Hey You Pikachu N64 that still works I think.

A guitar with many back stage / technical passes stuck to the back, from bands like The Eagles, Wings, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, The Who, Cat Stevens, Yes, Muddy Waters etc.

So many memories, and so many missing memories....

Not sure if it counts as rare but I do own a copy of Mayhem-Dawn of the Black Hearts on CD which i pretty sure might be a legitimate copy

I have a Sega Game Tester sweater jacket, and a Nintendo Power jogging jacket. I don't really know if either of them are rare, but I've never seen them anywhere else.

I've also got one of those coins for Sonic's tenth anniversary, a Mario hat that was only available to Platinum Club Nintendo members once, and a Famicom Calculator.

I have some old books which will either be worth nothing or quite a lot, and an old clock.

I have some old records on vinyl that I paid a pretty penny for.
Took a few years to find one of them.

chinangel:
Metroid Prime Trilogy holographic cover.

Yeah, I've got that too.

Actually picked mine up preowned for like 15 quid.

I remember reading that they discontinued printing them pretty quickly, so it was a freakin' steal in my eyes.

Dirzzit:

Nouw:

Heh, i have 3 Bionicle models
2 of the Toa's and one more recent spider-ish type
Never knew they were rare.

The Ball-type Bionicles were pretty cool too.

I have the Grifball Spartan action figure from McFarlane Toys, The Protomen's "El Corazon" poster (numbered as #94 out of 100), and some modified McFarlane Toys Halo action figures.

A slightly worn first edition copy of Clive Barker's Galilee that is not only signed by him, but has an illustration that covers the inside of the front cover & the front end paper. To be clear, though, this was not done for me but for "Andrea" who eventually got rid of it. (I picked it up at a used book store for very little.)

Also, these might not be too rare (but are very precious to me) but I have 20 Vintage paperbacks from the 60s with their covers designed by Edward Gorey. The really valuable ones are the few that don't credit Gorey as the artist at all. And I have three of his small books (Blue Aspic, Willowdale Handcar & Epiplectic Bicycle) which are originals from the 60s, not the reprints from Pomegranate.

PoweD:

Dirzzit:

Nouw:

Heh, i have 3 Bionicle models
2 of the Toa's and one more recent spider-ish type
Never knew they were rare.

The Ball-type Bionicles were pretty cool too.

The Bohrok? Hell yes those kicked ass. They had some pretty sturdy construction too. My brother, being the douchebag he was, decided to try and play a little bit of baseball with one of mine when I was younger. In ball form that little shit was sturdy as hell against a wood bat.

Does a shirt signed by LittleKuriboh count?
I mean the shirt itself isn't all that rare, you can just pick it up from his section of Shark Robot. But having it signed must make it at least semi-rare.

Other than that I have... Uh, nothing really :I
Though I do have an old Pikachu Gameboy Colour lying around somewhere, it's broken though.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked