Rare stuff you own

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Uhhh.. I have a Nintendo 64 Majora's Mask cartridge with a holographic label. That's about it. Maybe my special edition Zelda 3DS? I don't know that it's rare, though.. I don't have a whole lot.

Imperial Munitorum Manual And Imperial infantrymans uplifting primer. both books i could sell for a fair amount, or could last time i checked.

Take your pick.

Unopened copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES
First Edition copy of Atlas Shrugged

The most i can think of is a Planetside 2 New Conglomerate Dog-tag from the last PAXprime. Which is ironic cause i don't even play them anymore! LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH!

A gun owned and used by Daniel Boone. A crap-ton of guns from 1860-1950(rare ones, like the model 61 Winchester and the Lewis Trapper model revolver), and a 1949 Chevrolet.

I also own a bunch of military equipment from WWII, including a knife used by a German Soldier, and a handgun used by a German officer. I inherited them from my grandfather, who fought on the European theater in WWII.

Nathan Crumpler:
I own the first six DVD of Zoids: Chaotic Century. They stopped making the DVDs so the ones that are left have rocketed in price.

Really? I should look in to that, since I have the full set (not that I'd ever part with them).
However, the things I have and really consider rare are my animation cels--have about 25 from
different series, the most pricey two ran three hundred dollars (american) each when I bought
them about six years ago.

I have two Metallica CDs with some very early (one having the earliest known recordings from back when they still had their original bass player and Megadeth's Dave Mustaine) and another with live material from two shows they did in 1982 and 1984 which has one of the only live performances of Anesthesia (the only one I've ever found).

And I have two of the TMNT Metal Mutants toys that were (if Moviebob is anything to go by) only available for a very limited time in the US, which is just when I was on vacation there apparently. In fact, I have MANY of the gimmicky TMNT toys from the early to mid-90s.

I also found out extremely late that some of the MASK figures I've had since childhood are now extremely rare because they were only available from Europe. Personally, I never even liked them because they were recolors of the actual characters.

original star wars movies.. theatrical versions on VHS :O!

I have a Pokemon magazine signed by Monica from playschool.
Looking back on it, I don't even know wtf I was doing there.
This was back in the heyday of the first generation.

'dunno how rare it is.

but i have Suikoden I and II on NTSC, heard they're kind of rare, i also have an extensive JRPG collection with all originals and first editions for the PS1. I see 'em as relics of a well spent youth.

Oh, and an original NES and snes with about twenty games for each.

Does that count?

EvilMaggot:
original star wars movies.. theatrical versions on VHS :O!

My mom still has our family's VHS copies too! I made her swear to never ever get rid of them. :)

keiji_Maeda:
'dunno how rare it is.

but i have Suikoden I and II on NTSC, heard they're kind of rare, i also have an extensive JRPG collection with all originals and first editions for the PS1. I see 'em as relics of a well spent youth.

Does that count?

Depends on the NES and SNES games as to whether they count, but yes, Suikoden I and II are rare.

Here's a copy of Suikoden 2 with an asking price of $139:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suikoden-II-2-Playstation-PS1-Complete-CIB-/281020222683?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item416e1c4cdb

That's a nice feather in the cap of any PS1 collection.

Edit: although it looks like Suikoden I averages about $30 for a copy. I always thought it was rarer than that. Was there a recent remake or something?

common sense.

also the metroid prime collection for the wii in a metal box. might not sound that rare but i hear they actually don't produce it anymore.

The solid gold edition of persona 4 golden doesn't really count as rare does it 3:?

Previous the "Your PC specs" now "Rare stuff you own" makes me think some enterprising B&E artist is casing some joints...

I've got Bumblesweet!

I own the box sets to three of the Tales of Symphonia anime DVDs. I followed the group that was subbing them into English so when the owner decided to sell some of his old stuff I bought the DVDs he got the footage from.
...Actually they just finished that series recently, I'm still waiting for the last two episodes to be subbed. I know the group is looking for a translation checker right now. I hope they find one soon.

I also own the Tenchi Muyo DVD collection for the original OVA, which is pretty rare. The reason I have it is I went on a nostalgia trip a few years ago and I got really into Tenchi Muyo because I watched that a bit as a kid so I bought a bunch of the DVDs. In retrospect, they may not have been my wisest purchase, but whatever. Still need to finish Tenchi Universe now that I think of it...

I also have a collection of gold-plated Pokemon cards, they were a promotional item that you could buy from Burger Kings in '99. I have the whole set. Those might be rare if you count the whole set.

I have ZZ Top's DVD Live from Texas signed by all the members of the band, I don't know how rare that is, but it might be rare.

That's all the rare things I can think of right now.

I have a Testament ticket, signed by Christopher Bowes from Alestorm (who we met in the que), one of Stuart Gili-Ross' (Gallows bassist) picks from their last tour with Frank Carter, and one of Scott Middleton from Cancer Bats' picks. I also have the signatures of the guys in Watain, which are apparently signed in pig's blood.

Owyn_Merrilin:

keiji_Maeda:
'dunno how rare it is.

Does that count?

Depends on the NES and SNES games as to whether they count, but yes, Suikoden I and II are rare.

Here's a copy of Suikoden 2 with an asking price of $139:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suikoden-II-2-Playstation-PS1-Complete-CIB-/281020222683?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item416e1c4cdb

That's a nice feather in the cap of any PS1 collection.

Thanks :D Always good to get some info in. But i plan to hold on to it as long as possible. It is (after all) still one of my all time favorite games.

Edit: although it looks like Suikoden I averages about $30 for a copy. I always thought it was rarer than that. Was there a recent remake or something?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked