Rare stuff you own

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I have a signed copy of Mort.
I have an illustrated first edition of Moby Dick, shame that when I got it it was not in great condition.

Zeren:
I have one of these.

It's still in it's plastic, but doesn't have a box. I have no idea what card is inside it.

I've got two pikachus (spelling on that?) and a Charizard, waiting for those to be worth something, I also have the whole set of first edition and second edition cards.

I have a replica of the 10th doctor's (david tennant) coat. I suppose you could technically argue it isn't rare because its not limited edition or no longer made or whatever (you can just go to the website i did and have one made) but somehow i doubt that the sales figures are astronomical, so i suppose it can be technically considered "rare"

darthmj94:
I bought a copy of the "legend of Zelda: ocerena of time, master quest" for gamecube on amazon a few years back. It is a version of the game with the puzzles rearranged into new, harder puzzles, and was only available with a pre-order of "wind waker". Not sure if it is rare but I am proud that I own it.

I see your Master Quest and raise you the original Legend of Zelda gold cartridge.

Come at me bro.

Uh, I have a Primus and Melvins poster ( #61 of 300), though it's in pretty bad condition, because I just didn't take care of it and it's been creased and crumpled rather than framed like it should have been. I have Rishloo's discography (signed) which could be considered rare because the band aren't together anymore. Don't know of anything else rare I own, unfortunately.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

darthmj94:
I bought a copy of the "legend of Zelda: ocerena of time, master quest" for gamecube on amazon a few years back. It is a version of the game with the puzzles rearranged into new, harder puzzles, and was only available with a pre-order of "wind waker". Not sure if it is rare but I am proud that I own it.

I see your Master Quest and raise you the original Legend of Zelda gold cartridge.

Come at me bro.

Eh, the gold one's not rare at all. The grey one (which was a limited production Player's Choice re-release) actually is kind of rare, but it's still only worth $15 or $20 for a cartridge only copy. I'm still kicking five year old me for not preserving anything but the cartridge and the slip cover; I actually got the thing brand new from Walmart, I remember going to buy it.

You may be thinking of the gold Ocarina of Time or the gold Majora's Mask, both of which were limited editions and are relatively rare.

Edit: Actually it looks like it's just OoT that's rare in the gold edition. Apparently the rare MM carts have some sort of hologram on them, with the regular carts being gold.

Edit Edit: Upon further research, the gold MM cart without the hologram is actually more valuable, because it's less common than gold with hologram. The grey cart, once again, is the rarest of the bunch. Looks like it's just OoT that the gold version is rare.

Not much game/nerdwise... I have a copy of Secret of Mana I bought off ebay about 10 years ago... no box or anything though. Probably a few more rare games, too.

Quite a few rare books, but that's expected of me.

Otherwise... some antique furniture, really. There's probably a lot of shit kicking around my parent's house that is quite old and rare... I have a list of things I want to have when they move this spring.

I think in video game terms, The Second Runner is quite rare. I have a copy of that. That's about it though.

Griffolion:
I think in video game terms, The Second Runner is quite rare. I have a copy of that. That's about it though.

Man am I jealous. That goes for about $200 on e-bay, otherwise I'd have a copy too.

Edit: wait, holy shit, the HD remake pulled the bottom out of the market! I can finally afford a copy, almost 10 years later! Bummer for you, but I'm so happy for me XD

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=zone+of+the+enders+2&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Hmmmm, my Japanese Model 1 Mega CD and copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES would probably be my rarest items.

One of the first Pez dispensers, a 2.6 red stem white cap US Zone regular.

Let me translate this for you.

2.6 refers to the first two digits of the patent number stamped on most Pez dispensers. It's a good way to relatively date them. The first patent was 2,620,061.

Red stem is self explanatory.

White cap/regular means the is no character head. The original Pez dispensers were shaped to look like lighters, and had no cartoon head on them. These are called Regulars by collectors.

US Zone means there's an extra stamping. Along with patent numbers, country origin of manufacture are stamped in the side of a stem. US Zone means there is a stamping that of Made In Germany, like normal, but under that there's an extra 'US Zone' stamping. After WWII one of the Pez assembly plants was in the US controlled zone of Germany.

This isn't the most valueable Pez dispenser out there, but it's my rarest one....

I have an original SNES cartridge of Chrono Trigger, if that counts as rare. I know it goes for around $75, and with the remakes out these days, no one is buying any more of them.

Rare things...hmm. Well, I have an old in-table Singer sewing machine that is probably at least 75 years old. It's a really nice one, too; I expect it's worth at least a decent price, given how well it has been maintained? It belonged to my grandmother, who handed it down to me after she died in 2010. Singer is a high-quality, really good brand.

Other than that, I don't think I have anything that can be considered particularly rare. I guess my assload of Beanie Babies, but the ones I had were retired only after the craze ended and nobody was paying good money for rare ones anymore. Still, as a kid, I lost count of how many of my friends had rare Beanie Babies like the dinosaurs, which retired early and were worth hundreds of dollars, and they had *torn the tags off* so they couldn't be sold. I could have made a killing off their toys if they hadn't *torn the freaking tags off*.

The rarest thing I own (though probably only really rare in the US) is an original Stiff records pressing of Elvis Costello's "My Aim is True". I don't think it's the very first edition since the sleeve doesn't have a yellow back, but a pink back instead. However, early editions did have a variety of colored backs, at least according to Wikipedia. The record isn't in the best shape, and the original paper liner thing is missing, but it's still pretty badass.

Nothing that I know of.
My dad has a few rarities of nes games etc lying around and some LP discs

A signed copy of Ozzy's autobiography and judge dredd the megazine issue 1

I've got a bunch of coins that I'm sure are quite rare. I've got them in an old Foster's can and they're a bitch to get out so I can't tell you what they are. I've also got a set of Star Trek Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yes, you read that right. I don't know how rare they are, but they're still in their original packaging.

Fuck all that I can think of. If someone were to go through all of my crap they might find something of decent value, but as far as I know none of it is worth very much.

Okay, maybe my electronic Digimon pet thing is kind of rare, but that's about all I can think of.

Don't have many rare things, I do have a discontinued Parker Fly Mojo from 1999 that put me back quite a bit of money (beautiful guitar though). Also have a few old Amazing Spider Man annuals somewhere, and an Ultimate Spider Man #100 (not very rare).

I've got a small collection of original print runs of the books Restoree and Dragonflight, signed by the author, Anne McCaffrey.

I've also got some original print Choose Your Own Adventure books, signed by their author, Jody Lynn Nye. <3

Those four are kind of my prized possessions. Eventually, I'll get the rest of my books onto a Kindle, but those four? No. I could never replace them.

wombat_of_war:

klown:
Now if you mean Rare to other people I do have a Bruce Lee signed Jeet Kune Do gi that my Uncle got when he trained for his 3rd black belt under Bruce Lee. It's pretty awesome.

If it doesn't have to be rare to anyone else, my family has eight pieces of the Berlin Wall that my grandmother and her siblings drew on when the wall went up. Now it has no real value to anyone else, but it's amazingly rare to find the piece of the wall that your own family had doodled on like 40 years later.

may not mean much to others but i sat and watched the wall go down live on tv. ill never forget it. thats an incredible piece of history you have there

I wasn't quite old enough to remember when the wall came down itself, I was only about 2, but later we visited Berlin with my Grandma and she met her aunt that had been on the other side of the wall when it went up for the first time in almost 40 years. Then we went to where their house was and found the pieces of the wall that they drew on. Was probably one of the coolest pieces of family Heirlooms ever.

I have an Icelandic 2000 krónu bill signed by James Randi. I think it quite possibly might be the only one in the world.

I own an original copy of a book called When we were boys, by William O'Brien.
It was printed in 1890 and i can't even find an image to show you of it, I highly doubt its worth anything, but i haven't got around to actually checking.

I have two particularly nifty rare items I can think of off the top of my head. Carl Gustav Jung's glasses you always see him pictured in when he was in his later years- my great grandmother was Alma Jung, and we found them in her basement along with some of his books (sadly they were damaged in a flood) and some other random items.

I also have a screen-used "Grady's Inn" matchbook from Resident Evil Apocalypse, and one of the newspapers on screen from the end of the first movie (it's pretty neat, all the different newspapers shown in that scene were actually the same, with each page just being a different front page).

I have some fairly unique firearms too, but that tends to be one of those can-of-worms issues, so I'll leave it at that.

Edit: Oh yeah! I have a pretty neat fragment from the Berlin Wall with a bit of graffiti too, with a picture of it's source.

I've got a pokemon card of ho-oh. This one. Is that valuable at all?

I can't think of any other old things I have. My dad has various old versions of the lord of the rings, the hobbit, and the silmarillion though. I bet some of those are valuable.

DugMachine:

Nouw:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.

Haha same here. Nothing can top the original bionicles.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I have a copy of the first Toa Metru comic signed by writer Greg Farshtey. Unfortunately, the signature has faded, so it might as well be worthless.

Moving Along: I have a two-foot statue of Ronald McDonald made entirely out of LEGOs. It is surprisingly not as creepy as the real thing.

A coin that belonged to my grandfather. He worked at a bank and got a limited edition coin they made one year. There are only a handful in the world. He died before I was born, so it's practically my only link to him alongside being a rare object!

I own a near mint condition of a complete 4-disc game of Legend of the Dragoon for the PS1.

I've got a drum stick that I caught myself at a Green Day concert, along with a guitar pick from the same. That's probably the most "popular" rare item I own.

I have a coin collection worth [a lot], with the oldest being a coin from 253-268 AD, under the Roman Emperor Gallienus.

I have an artbook made by FourLeaf Studios, the creators of Katawa Shoujo, bought at a comic convention and signed by all of the creators that were in attendance.

I've got various special/limited editions of games, but otherwise I think that does it for notable rare things.

Nouw:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.

oooh i think i have them aswell somewhere.. in a box.. in the basement.. they were awesome!

The umbrella gun used to shoot Fidel Castro and this little toy train from the 1800's.

I have a signed copy of "Don't Call Me Ishmael" by Michael Gerard Bauer
I have a metric ton of old Bionicle. I pretty much stopped collecting them after the Toa Mistika came out. It makes me happy to see how many Bionicle fans there are on this website.
I got a CD copy of the Retro City Rampage soundtrack. I believe those were limited in quantity.
I have a hat from the Christijan Albers Formula 1 team.
I have Miracle of Sound's "Press X to Rock" CD, which is out of stock at the moment, so that's something I guess.

Beano books from the 1950's onwards. They're worth about £60 each now apparently. Beano is a comic for those of you who don't know.

V8 Ninja:

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I have a copy of the first Toa Metru comic signed by writer Greg Farshtey. Unfortunately, the signature has faded, so it might as well be worthless.

Nice! You win my good sir :D

Nouw:

I've got those too!

Common sense, apparently that is ridiculously rare around here.
Also

soes757:

Zeren:
I have one of these.

It's still in it's plastic, but doesn't have a box. I have no idea what card is inside it.

I've got two pikachus (spelling on that?) and a Charizard, waiting for those to be worth something, I also have the whole set of first edition and second edition cards.

I've got a Charizard and a Togepi, back when it's stats were listed as ???

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked