Favourite song that was made for a game?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

What is your favorite song that was made for a game?

What I mean is, not a song that was put into a game, but one that was made specifically for that game.

Mine would definitely have to be Snake Eater

Been listening to this song for the last couple of days since finishing MGS3 again.

What about you guys?

so we arent talking talking soundtrack specifically?

I honestly dont know if this one was..but it seems to be the case

Well since you took my answer, OP, I'll choose Live & Learn for Sonic Adventure 2

Any of the stuff Crush 40 has done for the Sonic series has been awesome, but this is the best, in my opinion.

Heavens Divide, made for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is also quite good.

Chaos Theory is a favourite because of the music made for it.

Still Alive from Portal.

It was a song about the characters, sung by a character, and it was really damn good.

Casual Shinji:
Still Alive from Portal.

It was a song about the characters, sung by a character, and it was really damn good.

Wow, I honestly forgot about that song until you mentioned it.

Yeah, that has to be number 2 for me.

Edit: Off topic, but if anyone can recommend me any orchestral songs along the lines of Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna then I would be grateful.

115 from Call of Duty: Black Ops - Killing zombies to this never gets old.

Secret from Symphonic Rain - Those lyrics, THOSE LYRICS!

Asu e no Houkou from Muv-Luv Alternative - ;_;7

OH BOY! I get a chance to post this again.

'S only the best song ever made, nothin' special or anythin'

This can come too. It's a pretty iconic track.

Curveball!

God Mode: Activated. Prepare to dunk!

The Wykydtron:
OH BOY! I get a chance to post this again.

OH MY GOD, I just finished watching the Persona 4 Anime again, and am waiting as patiently as I can for Golden on Vita, and I forgot about this aswell!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

Blind Guardian's "Sacred Worlds" for Sacred 2 is not only an awesomely awesome song, but they literally play it in the game:

...too bad the game wasn't so great.

One of the best, in all its cheesy James Bond parodying.
Or...

Woohoo, no one ninja'd me!

Here we go!

This song is haunting, beautiful, and very wise. Be happy, keep fighting, don't give up, smile. Please.

Poets of the Fall's "Late Goodbye" for Max Payne II. POTF was a band, but never released an album until after Max Payne 2.

shogunblade:
Poets of the Fall's "Late Goodbye" for Max Payne II. POTF was a band, but never released an album until after Max Payne 2.

Their songs for Alan Wake were good too, The Poet and His Muse being a standout, though I also like Children of the Elder God.

OT: I'm going with Still Alive too, I hadn't heard any of the hype about it when I played the game so it came as an hilarious surprise. I laughed my head off then listened to it a few more times :)

My favorite song from a game is tied between Beware The Forests Mushrooms from Super Mario RPG

And Lost Woods from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Guess I just like Forests...

I can't choose just one D: all of the Halo games had amazing soundtracks though so I'd say these are my favorites

Also this one. I guess not technically in the game but since its just a combination of songs from the game I'm gonna say it counts.

This, without a doubt, this. This song is incredible, the expanded and slightly reworked version of the track off of the album 'At the Edge of Time' is better, but still...
Just to clarify, Sacred 2 was a good game, too.

What, no "Still Alive"?

Easy.

Bastions entire soundtrack is brilliant, probably my favourite game soundtrack to date. Even the non-vocal pieces are fantastic!

I doubt this counts because I don't think it was created specifically for the game, but it's basically the only way anyone has actually heard of the song:

If that doesn't count, then... hm. There's a few. The one that jumped out at me first was "Promise" from Silent Hill 2.

I really liked the Red Orchestra 2 soundtrack, very fitting for the game, and beautifully haunting music. Here is the main menu track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLYwH6xmyqU

from Halo 2's OST, we get this little number

Without vocals

With vocals would have to be Still Alive

"Greater Lights" from Advent Rising is one of the first things that popped into my head.

There is also "Out of The Darkness" from Devil May Cry 4

And of course... the Opera from Final Fantasy VI

The Song of Storms still pops into my head randomly 14 years after I played the game. So that counts for something, right?

Other than that, I would make mention of a couple of relatively obscure titles.

And I'll wrap up with one of my favorite game songs, but I'm not entirely sure it was written for the game.

Agree with you on Snake Eater. That song is just full of awesome.

As for me?

Final Fantasy IX:

Listening to this song after beating a really tough final boss and watching a fantastic ending just filled me with triumph. Very few games were able to give me that feeling.

Catchy as hell.

The theme for the intro in Super Metroid is still the best opener I've heard, building atmosphere before you're even moving about. You didn't know what was going to happen, but you knew it was gonna be big.

If this game is ever released on PSN I will probably end up being declared dead before I leave the house again.

The Madman:
Easy.

Bastions entire soundtrack is brilliant, probably my favourite game soundtrack to date. Even the non-vocal pieces are fantastic!

This a thousand times. Definitely the best soundtrack I've ever heard. This might be my favorite song in any video game ever.

This one, which Mikael Akerfeldt composed for the God of War III EP:

Or the Halo 2 main theme. You know the one. Turns out Steve Vai played the guitar for it... figures.

And 'Still Alive', because what gamer doesn't love that song?

Still Alive.
No, not that one.

THIS one. :D
I dunno, I just really like this song.
The other Still Alive is also good. Off of that soundtrack, I kind of prefer 4000 Degrees Kelvin- that song is really intense- but it's all good.

The Madman:
Easy.

I prefer Build that Wall but the entire soundtrack is lush, I even bought it because it was so good.

Grandia opening theme, Best. Ever. Made. 'Nuff said

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked