Favourite song that was made for a game?

Pages PREV 1 2

Spade Lead:
If this game is ever released on PSN I will probably end up being declared dead before I leave the house again.

Fixed that for ya.

OT: the menu music from STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Shivers up my spine, every time...

My favorite would probably be this.

Does it still count if I like it mostly not for the original but all the other remixes/reinterpretations?

Well, Exile Vilify was kind of for Portal 2, so Exile Vilify.

Who doesn't love Dishonored's main theme?

I can't really remember how it's called, but there's a piano tune that plays in Final Fantasy 8 when you're in that spaceship. I always liked that tune

Dead Man's Gun, from the end credits of Red Dead Redemption:

Far Away and Compass are pretty good too, but I feel Far Away loses it towards the end, and Compass lacks something I can't quite put my finger on.

For me its Yuki's death in Dish Washer Dead Samurai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-tIydDercg

Ace Combat 5 is my favorite game of all time and has my favorite soundtrack as well.
I mean, just listen to it.

If I knew how I'd post a video, but the best one I've heard is probably Honor For All from Dishonored's credits.

Want you gone is just so catchy, I can't help sing along. There's one particular dub I love

How the song is structured blows me away.

The credits song from Gravity rush.

So good!

There should be more Jazz like this in the world.

Can't believe Baba Yetu from Civ IV isn't on here yet.

http://youtu.be/IJiHDmyhE1A

Celldweller and Style of Beyond's "Shapeshifter" from the PS2 Need For Speed Most Wanted. According to both Klayton of Celldweller and the guys of S.o.B., the song was specifically made for the game. Its awesome to drive to in real life too.

DJjaffacake:
Dead Man's Gun, from the end credits of Red Dead Redemption:

Far Away and Compass are pretty good too, but I feel Far Away loses it towards the end, and Compass lacks something I can't quite put my finger on.

I was going to say the RDR songs as well, beat me to the punch. Also, those of you posting OST tracks in response to this thread are cheating and I'm going to tell on you! >:(

And of course anything in Superbrothers and Bastion is amazing, but I absolutely love Coheed.

Was going to say Baba Yetu... too late.

Howzabout Homeworld?

Why hasn't anyone already posted this?

I have to say, I quite like this:

Yeah, I like Avenged, so hang me.

Ever since beating this game I have listened to this song waaaayyyy toooooo much.

But damn if it is not one of the most hilarious and epic songs i have ever heard.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked