So what made you smile today?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Z of the Na'vi:
Today, (well, technically this morning at about 2am because fuck sleep) I created a new avatar for myself that I personally thought was genius. It made me smile on the inside, and I plan on keeping it.

I freaking love Majora's Mask.

That is my new favourite avatar. Well played, sir.

What made me smile is seeing this infographic of games coming out in 2013. It's like someone went, 'okay, what games does Ryank1908 really want to see a sequel or a spiritual successor to, and can we bring them out all in the same year?' And they succeeded.

http://i.imgur.com/6QwKl.jpg

I've just woken up, turned on my laptop and randomly bumped onto this thread. It made me smile. :) (The thread itself as its contents)

Vault101:
People actually notice the 6 hours worth of effort I put into my avatars!

I actually have better things I should be doing..but I make avatars instead..thats dedication!

Your avatar made me smile today.

Oh and I was kicking ass on League of Legends which always puts a big stupid grin on my face :3

Um. There's one thing today that made me smile to myself. But it's kind of personal. Oh, but I watched this earlier this morning, and it's only about the tenth time I've watched it recently:

Also, I know one thing that I always go to in order to lighten my mood up, and it's this. It might be the most inspirational, smile-inducing video I've ever seen.

been playing silent storm (yay gog.com sale) and one of my guys got shot, which resulted in hilarious flight, head forwards, through the window. and he was all like " i feel slight pain."

Got my Deluxe Wii-U, got to enjoy breakfast with my family and, Nintendo Land. If you've played the Yoshi themed game then you know what I mean (I can't have been the only person to have let out a squee). Now for some ZombiU...

side-note: the realization that I'm spending most of this and next week at work is kind of a double edged sword: less time with the Wii-U and family but more money in about 2 weeks. Money makes me smile so I'm counting it.

Considering I haven't been up that long[1], so far the only thing that's made me smile today was a nice warm, big hug from my boyfriend. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove hugs from him though, so they just make me really happy.

[1] Ok, that's a bit of a lie, since I've been on and off with sleep since 7:30 ish thanks to the loudmouth roomie and his sasquatch friend.

The thing that made me smile most was my roast parsnips. They're the sort of thing we normally only have on special occasions like Christmas dinner, but we had some in a veg pack and I thought I'd roast one up with Sunday lunch.

Boiled for 5 mins, covered in golden syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon, then roasted for an hour or so. Could have turned out very wrong, but I don't think it could have turned out better.

soren7550:
Considering I haven't been up that long[1], so far the only thing that's made me smile today was a nice warm, big hug from my boyfriend. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove hugs from him though, so they just make me really happy.

Blergh, happy couples with their damn relationships. Bah humbug. Though I am curious about the sasquatch.

[1] Ok, that's a bit of a lie, since I've been on and off with sleep since 7:30 ish thanks to the loudmouth roomie and his sasquatch friend.

The Redskins/Eagles game is making me smile right now. We'll see if that lasts.

Miracle of Sound

The Colbert Report - November 15, 2012 - Chris Stringer
It was awesome! Made me laugh.

TizzytheTormentor:
I kicked an orphan got Bacon and Cheese fries! Nothing is nicer after a day of work.

I didn't know such things existed, why have no-one told me of this before?! I demand to see these bacon cheese fries and to get some!

Vault101:
People actually notice the 6 hours worth of effort I put into my avatars!

I actually have better things I should be doing..but I make avatars instead..thats dedication!

It looks pretty awesome, you did a great job there. I'd say you spent those 6 hours very well.

OT: I got a compliment about my body today. It's kept me going all day. I got low self esteem and this will probably keep me going until Christmas.

I bough tons of chocolat for my mom since her birthday is tomorrow.

So yeah, kinda felt good. :3

Oh another thing, saw some different reviews and lets plays of hitman absolution, while most complain I've decided that it looks awesome. At least to me, so I pre ordered it.

That made me smile. <3

i saw 2 red squirrels a male and female cardinal, a bluejay and its fledgling taking turns feasting on the bird bath/feeder thing i filled with seeds 20 minutes before. so many pictures

that totally put a smile on my face

Kitten Livestream. Posted by the Number three poster on this thread...that really was the thing that made me smile today. Thank you random poster:)

Playing Touhou 7 again and finally getting to stage 6 with no continues and also facing Yuyuko! I died horribly, but I finally got through Youmou!

I also ate pancakes today as well!

And also Desert Bus is happening.

I saw a 50 shades of grey cd next to a kids bop cd at Target, I was laughing for a good few minutes.

That I'm going to see to Nickelback tomorrow :D

That was not sarcasm, I am actually going to see Nickelback tomorrow, and I am genuinely excited about it. Also, Playstation All-Stars comes out in a few days, and on the day I finish exams, no less!

My cat. I got him for my birthday 2 months ago and every morning he wakes me up by butting my head and licking my nose. Always makes me smile even if it's always at 7 in the morning....

Every. Single. Morning....I wonder why I still keep an alarm clock O_o

I completely slaughtered Gravelord Nito on New Game Plus in one go with a great club half an hour ago. It made me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
This came from the radio, among other good stuff from that decade.

Nothing. Me smiling is as rare an event as seeing the eclipse is.

I have no idea, I just started smiling for no particular reason earlier today.

jhoroz:
Nothing. Me smiling is as rare an event as seeing the eclipse is.

Again, the very first thing I said was to not say this, it is off topic and ruins the mood of the thread. :(

OT: Just pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto V on gamestop, for 5 euro I got a GTA poster and four Skyrim posters, as well as the pre-order. <3

Zantos:
The thing that made me smile most was my roast parsnips. They're the sort of thing we normally only have on special occasions like Christmas dinner, but we had some in a veg pack and I thought I'd roast one up with Sunday lunch.

Boiled for 5 mins, covered in golden syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon, then roasted for an hour or so. Could have turned out very wrong, but I don't think it could have turned out better.

soren7550:

Blergh, happy couples with their damn relationships. Bah humbug. Though I am curious about the sasquatch.

I WILL CRAM OUR CUTESY COUPLY-NESS DOWN YOUR BITTER THROAT!!

*a-hem* I mean, the sasquatch is one of the pothead's plethora of loudmouth chain smoking friends that spends way too much time here, and actually stayed her for a a few months, but due to the fact that she left all her shit everywhere, ate everyone's food, and treated this place as her own personal hangout, she was given the boot.

She still has a key for here, or at least she did, as one night a while back she came here in the dead of night so that she could have sex with I don't know who quite loudly in the pothead's bead.

HylianSlayer:
Miracle of Sound

Firstly, welcome to the Escapist! *throws confetti*
Second, beware posting low content posts. The mods don't like them. So you'll have to elaborate as to why Mr. Potatohead made you smile.

Watching Desert Bus. Matt's frump face made me smile tons. He's such a horrible person (alright guy really) for crashing the bus so many times.

Not much other than watching a few review shows on the internet.

Probably the funniest thing I saw was today's Homestuck update.
Sometimes I'm sad by the amount of context someone would need to get it, so I'm not going to share.
If you're familiar with it, you're caught up to date in the story, and thus you know what I'm talking about.

VeryOddGamer:
I watched a Halo Waypoint exclusive miniseries of Red vs Blue.
I actually laughed.
Yay.

Wait, wait. Let me guess.
It was Where There's a Will, There's a Wall.

There are statues of Legolas, Bilbo, and Gandalf in the city for the upcoming "Hobbit". They made me smile. :)

Listening to two guys bicker online while my friend played Black Ops 2. Basically one guy was boasting and then another guy piped in and said "When you meet your first girlfriend you can impress her by telling her you beat me at CoD."

This went on for awhile and it may have been the funniest thing to listen to in all my days as a gamer.

Seeing that my birthday is almost a week away.
It makes me giggle like a little boy again...also just because I get presents. ^.^

Can't wait!

I'm happy that Star Citizen (pledge if you haven't already @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/) has passed $5.18 million as of this post. Beating Project Eternity by $1 million; will most likely get $5.5 million; and is currently tracking to make a strong push towards $6 million, in gamer crowd funding.

Well i completed all three papers of my last exam in about an hour and a half, my girlfriend told me she loved me, learnt another Kyuss song on the Bass guitar...what else..?, oh and i told some rather politically incorrect jokes that went down surprisingly well with a rather different crowd than i am used too...life is good

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked