"no u" Umm... What.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Playing your games minding yourself. Come across a person.

You say hello and wait for a response.

Said person replies with "stfu".

You ask "Are you butthurt/mad/not in a good mood?"

Person replies with "No U"

What do you usually do when a conversation escalates there?
So far, I can not think of any comeback so far when somebody uses a "No U" for anything because it's just sooo..... Wut.

Edit: This happened over the internet, if it happened in real life; I would have punched the guy

You could try asking "Are you so immature that you always have to get in the last word?"

If they respond, they're basically admitting to being immature, as if it weren't obvious.
If they don't, then you got away with calling them immature.

I use it non-seriously all the time. It has no comeback - it's far too stupid.

My pyromaniac pal recommends lighting them on fire. I concur, since I prefer my stupid grilled. So my comeback is an immolation.

an annoyed writer:
My pyromaniac pal recommends lighting them on fire. I concur, since I prefer my stupid grilled. So my comeback is an immolation.

That's good, I was thinking of going down the charred moron route but agreeing with others or being the only one to say it is the difference between being quirky or being a psychopath.

OT: I'd have given up at stfu, that's the buffer zone protecting you from the idiocy around you. Them telling you to stfu, or maybe gtfo, is essentially your condom, protecting you every time you penetrate the internet.

Wow, I really do think odd things.

Just go "No U" and get into an endless loop!

No U is generally a conversation finisher...

Zantos:

That's good, I was thinking of going down the charred moron route but agreeing with others or being the only one to say it is the difference between being quirky or being a psychopath.

If you're implying that I should be in a straightjacket, I'll inform you that while I'm by no means the most stable person out there, there's a difference between a stressed but joking person and a nutcase, and If my doctor's words are anything to go by I still reside in the former camp. You can relax about my friend too: instead of burning down houses he's putting his skills to use as my pyrotechnics expert and spec effects artist.

an annoyed writer:

Zantos:

If you're implying that I should be in a straightjacket, I'll inform you that while I'm by no means the most stable person out there, there's a difference between a stressed but joking person and a nutcase, and If my doctor's words are anything to go by I still reside in the former camp. You can relax about my friend too: instead of burning down houses he's putting his skills to use as my pyrotechnics expert and spec effects artist.

I apologise if that came across as anything other than a joke, evidentially a very poor one at that. I meant no offence, there is of course a huge difference between joking about setting people on fire and actually doing it.

Zantos:

an annoyed writer:

Zantos:

I apologise if that came across as anything other than a joke, evidentially a very poor one at that. I meant no offence, there is of course a huge difference between joking about setting people on fire and actually doing it.

It's cool man. It wouldn't be the first time I've been called a psychopath for my rather unique sense of humor. It's the internet: with plain text or even voice chat it can be difficult to ascertain whether or not someone's serious or joking. Everything is implied. Pain in the ass, really.

My comeback back to that is to laugh at them. There is not real comeback because it's just too retarded and if they are saying that nothing you say is going to make a difference so just give up...in fact you should have given up at stfu. Why would you want to talk to this person anyway?
"No U" should never be used by anyone over the age of 12 for anything other than a joke or trolling.

Should have asked him if he even lifts.

This is probably a question you would be best served asking the good people of /b. Generally though, the only comeback for a 'No U' is a 'No U.'

Tony:
You ask "Are you butthurt/mad/not in a good mood?"

Person replies with "No U"

Ah, I see. I think everybody is reading too much into it. Obviously, they were pointing out a mistake, so the correct response is:

"Are yo btthrt/mad/not in a good mood?"

Oh there's the mistake, I rarely say anything to other people while playing games, I do reply if someone talks to me, but I've never been able to get into MMOs because I don't really do well at the talking part, but really if someone tells me to STFU for no reason I'll just walk away, no point in talking to someone like that.

O rly? (sorry for low content - that's how I'd respond or just stop talking altogether. There are alot of stupid people out there and trolls. Don't feed teh trolls)

I follow these rules for engagement:

http://gigaville.com/comic.php?id=109

If things ever escalate to a point wherever someone replies with that, always end on the phrase "Your mother's a whore". You can't go anywhere after that, and if you have to use it things have already escalated to where you have no other choice

figure out the squelch/ignore function, use it and live happily ever after.

Seriously, i've developped a 0 tolerance level to such bullshit over the past 14 years of counterstrike, dota, wow and lol.
You spam, flame or otherwise annoy me, off to the eternal and unlimited void of the ignorelist.

This is a problem I've had my entire life. The fact is, it matters not what witty reply you have ready, stupidity will always win, because you cannot hurt stupidity.

"No u" I believe to be a shortened version of "No, you (X)". The first person who said it was being efficient in speech. The rest are idiots and people making fun of idiots.

Basically, I would have called it at 'stfu'. Did you REALLY want to talk to this person?

A moron says something stupid.. and it bothers you that you can't "outwit" them. Playing right into their hands.

I've never used it seriously, when I play games like League and use it though, conversations usually go like this:

them: "focus the AD carry, not the tank"
me: "No u"
them: "No u"
them: "No u"

"Yes, obviously me," is how I respond.

I mean, if you set it up right, "No U" can compliment yourself.

Narcissistic genius!

"It's good to see everything I suspected about the new generation confirmed"

I usually respond with "no u" back, to which the other person usually says another "no u" to which I respond with "Damn, you got me there." which pretty much always ends it, unless the other person is a complete asshole.

You lost when you attempted to respond seriously.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else here.
You just cannot respond to dumb people seriously.
Even the hottest person can turn me off is they type like that.

If I ran into someone in a game with that attitude, I would just ignore the person and be on my merry way as soon as the STFU happened.

life is too short and online gaming relationships with strangers usually so pointless that it's not worth being upset over.

the conversation would never get that far, so i've never had to ask myself this question. don't greet strangers. if for some reason you lose your mind and actually greet someone, and that person says stfu, then stop there. the person has been identified as nonsocial. further probing will not develop any meaningful conversation.

It depends on the game, if it was Day Z, they'd have been shot before they got the 1st U out. Possibly with me going "OH MT GOD! SOMEONE SHOT- Oh, Pat, was that you? Did you kill him, or did I shoot my gun, I can't tell..."

If it's NS2, my response would be "We got a winner! Do something. Get me res or kill something, I don't give a fuck."

Just about anything else, I'd respond with "No, U!!" back.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll!!!!!
nothing to add here except that some people might have a bad day and any conversation is just EVIL!!
Yeah so, if someone ever starts with me with "stfu" I usually just do that because I know we're heading nowhere good to begin with.

Only place i used to encounter such idiots was a mmo and i simply killed them or pissed them off somehow. It was the best part of that game, watching idiots rage.

I just wouldn't let the conversation escalate any further. It would be a fruitless to try and get in the last word on a person like that and a waste of your time. When someone has nothing left to say but No U, then it's time to call it quits at attempting to talk with them.

Eh I should start replying "Oh good, means I don't have to pretend I care about socializing" when faced with "stfu" really.

This doesn't actually happen to me, except in irony to make fun of those that do that sort of thing.

However, on the occasion that it DOES come up, I shall hasten to announce "Whoops! Wrong end of the gene pool.".

Don't acknowledge people like that.

Chances are, they aren't worth your time.

Whitbane:
"Yes, obviously me," is how I respond.

I mean, if you set it up right, "No U" can compliment yourself.

Narcissistic genius!

That's brilliant! I'm going to try that next chance I get.

"...what?"

Seriously, given your scenario, my response would be "...what?"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked