Apparently I'm gay according to the Internet trolls

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

According to youtube,game forums or twitter trolls I'm gay for liking things they apparently don't like or hate. According to them I must suck more dick than a gay guy at a gay club on Friday night.

I had the audacity according to them for liking Halo or Call of Duty and other things that according to them are "gay".

It seems like trying to have civil discussion on those two games turns people into raging animals and they hurl insults and poo at each other.

"halo 4 more like gaylo 4"
"call of duty LOL same shit every year"

Or the ps3 vs xbox 360 debate makes all the trolls just come out.

"LOL ps3 got hacked"
"gaybox 360"

All of this shit reminds me of gamespot's "Feedbackula" were they read all the most insane/moronic comments on youtube.

And if I was gay would I be on top or bottom? If this furry speak would I be more of a tiger or a bunny? Trying to ignore trolls work at times but sooner or later we all reach a boiling point. How should we start dealing with them maybe we should act just like them and give them a taste of their own medicine just like gamers did with that one chick from Fox News Mass effect story.

(ps no offense to the gay community here on the escapist and rest of the internet)

How are you only just discovering this?

You're not that new to the internet, surely? :D

Youtube comments have been scientifically proven to lower the IQ of any reader by at least eleventy thousand.

Apparently you've been on the internet for at least 3 years, nearly 4. You should know this by now.

Geez can't we all just get along?

And nothing offensive about being call gay. Gays are good people, they're very clean.

I assume you're just venting...?

I mean, this is the internet. What you speak of is a daily occurrence in this environment. It's easier just to ignore the trolls and make sure you don't feed them.

Daystar Clarion:

Youtube comments have been scientifically proven to lower the IQ of any reader by at least eleventy thousand.

but at the same time reading youtube comments is so hilarious it makes me sides hurt.

ForgottenPr0digy:

Daystar Clarion:

but at the same time reading youtube comments is so hilarious it makes me sides hurt.

You have to limit exposure so that you don't overdose on the stupid :D

ForgottenPr0digy:

"call of duty LOL same shit every year"

This statement is basically correct.

Anyway;

It's just the internet. Everyone is tiny and unnoticeable in their anonymity, so they say stuff to get a rise out of people. Imagine being the centre of attention in a group of people you don't know and will never meet! Trolls are truly important people.

ForgottenPr0digy:

Daystar Clarion:

But, but...I'm sane!

You can't have an opinion on YouTube due to the community. I mean that if you go onto any video, anyone with constructive criticism is shot down. That's quite funny on useless topics, but on serious topics, this pisses me off.

Oh, this is YouTube where everyone has the IQ of a child before FLE (hoping US members get that).

If the internet comments are to be believed, apparently 99% of the world's population is homosexual.

Here is good proof that the people that make Youtube comments are generally not vary smart people.
Here is a video of a guy making fun of them.

Honestly. Don't talk to people on Youtube. THere are forums with actual intelligent people that you can talk to.
What? I am SO not promoting the Escapist forums! SHUT UP!

I can actually top this. According to our very own Xanthious, all bronies (which includes me, if you take the term to mean anyone who enjoys the show, as opposed to just the ones who are way into the fan community) are pedophiles, just because they like a cartoon. And this is on The Escapist, not Youtube. When you understand how something /that/ ridiculous can pass on a heavily moderated site, you'll understand how calling people "gay" can pass on a hive of scum and villainy like the youtube comments section.

thesilentman:

ForgottenPr0digy:

Daystar Clarion:

But, but...I'm sane!

You can't have an opinion on YouTube due to the community. I mean that if you go onto any video, anyone with constructive criticism is shot down. That's quite funny on useless topics, but on serious topics, this pisses me off.

Oh, this is YouTube where everyone has the IQ of a child before FLE (hoping US members get that).

Ironically enough, the number of positive comments is inversely proportional to how serious the video is. If you see something talking about, say, World War II, it'll fill up instantly with with holocaust deniers, conspiracy theorists, and other assorted nut jobs. Go look up a video on pretty much any cartoon, and as long as it has a fan base, the comments will be overwhelmingly positive. Such is life.

Owyn_Merrilin:
I can actually top this. According to our very own Xanthious, all bronies (which includes me, if you take the term to mean anyone who enjoys the show, as opposed to just the ones who are way into the fan community) are pedophiles, just because they like a cartoon. And this is on The Escapist, not Youtube. When you understand how something /that/ ridiculous can pass on a heavily moderated site, you'll understand how calling people "gay" can pass on a hive of scum and villainy like the youtube comments section.

I sincerely hope he got warned for that. I notice his forum health is dangerously high.

Seriously. I KNOW that stuff is not tolerated here.

Of course you're gay!

'Tis the season to be gay! Heck, there's a Christmas carol about how good it is to be gay!

Or are you an Emo? Emos aren't supposed to be gay. They're supposed to be morose downers.

Be proud or your gayness! It's a good thing!

What's wrong with being gay? Am I missing something here?

Gay = Happy

Happylo 4
HappyBox 360

What highly optimistic people!

Also, listening to commenter's on youtube, everyone is happy according to them, such nice lives they lead!

Solo-Wing:

Owyn_Merrilin:

I sincerely hope he got warned for that. I notice his forum health is dangerously high.

I think he may have gotten some kind of warning by the end of the thread, although if he did it took a while, because I remember myself and other people in the thread defending bronies against him for pages, mainly because that's the kind of accusation that you /really/ can't just ignore and wait for it to blow over. The weird thing, though, is that kind of offensiveness is pretty standard for him. How he's made it as far as he has without a ban, I have no idea.

Owyn_Merrilin:

Solo-Wing:

Owyn_Merrilin:

I think he may have gotten some kind of warning by the end of the thread, although if he did it took a while, because I remember myself and other people in the thread defending bronies against him for pages, mainly because that's the kind of accusation that you /really/ can't just ignore and wait for it to blow over. The weird thing, though, is that kind of offensiveness is pretty standard for him. How he's made it as far as he has without a ban, I have no idea.

Yeah even though the Escapist does not allow Brony stuff during events like the Expo but they still like the Brony Community. I am surprised that it would have taken that long....

I got called a lesbian once by some random on the internet.

i'm a straight guy, so I think I can handle that.

I really can't think of anything else to say that hasn't already been said. This is the internet. It can either be one of the most useful, fun things mankind has invented, or it can be the pinnacle of douchbaggery. Unfortunately, most of the time it's the latter, and I don't think Youtube comments ever fall under the former.

I will say this, though. Youtube comments can be an entertaining way to reassure yourself of your intelligence. Just take it in measured doses and you'll be fine.

Captcha: NBCNEWS.COM. Really, Captcha? Now you're promoting news channels?

TopazFusion:

Owyn_Merrilin:

He's banned. His forum healthbar is telling lies.

You mean I can finally call him a troll? Happy day!

(One of the few warnings I've gotten since joining was for calling a blatant troll a troll. Apparently calling someone a troll counts as flaming.)

ForgottenPr0digy:
According to youtube,game forums or twitter trolls I'm gay for liking things they apparently don't like or hate. According to them I must suck more dick than a gay guy at a gay club on Friday night.

There is an app for that.

You might be relatively new to the internet, people = shit and the Inet brings out the worst in people. Best to just ignore what most people on here have to say.

Here is my card, give me a poke if you ever need a friend in this harsh pixelated universe.

Admit to them that you're gay, then start flirting with them; the reactions you get are often HILARIOUS!

TopazFusion:

Owyn_Merrilin:
You mean I can finally call him a troll? Happy day!

(One of the few warnings I've gotten since joining was for calling a blatant troll a troll. Apparently calling someone a troll counts as flaming.)

Yeah, and although he blatantly baited people into getting mod wrath, he never seemed to get any himself.

Also, I remember that brony thread where he said those things. Unfortunately I can't find it (as with almost every brony thread, it's been sunk, locked, or deleted).

Anyway, he talks about some of the mod wrath he's received here.
In his words - "saying less than kind things about bronies".

That post below it is brilliant:

Agema:
Being trolled or seeing someone be trolled and want to call it out? Perhaps it might be acceptable to say:

Template objection to trolling:
Having read [insert name]'s comment, in my humble, subjective opinion that I wish to be considered in no way a definite statement of objective reality or personal belief, there are reasonable concerns to think it might potentially be an example of posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Although maybe we could have a mod confirm whether this would be okay.

So true. I've never liked that rule on any forum, for exactly the reason that that template looks so silly. I love how on Gamefaqs, as on Usenet before it, if a known troll shows up in a thread, people straight up say "(troll's name) thread, nothing to see here." When you're allowed to do that, the responses dry up a lot quicker than if you're just expected to report and move on, due to new users not aware of the troll, if for no other reason.

Edit: And I clicked post too soon. "Less than kind things about bronies" has to be the understatement of the century. That is one thing about The Escapist, though -- the rules are set up in such a way that long term trolls have to walk a /very/ fine line to avoid getting banned, something that takes a certain measure of intelligence.

This is the internet, the thing that has single handedly made me paranoid of the world around me. Welcome to hell, my son. You've been in it all along.

I know your pain, bro. They also gang-banged my mum. Twice. Who'd have thought obese, acne-ridden 13-year-olds could be so dangerous?

SaneAmongInsane:
And nothing offensive about being call gay. Gays are good people, they're very clean.

That's a stereotype, don't generalize man it's wrong!

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Best to ignore trolls though. They only want a reaction out of you, in the form of rustled, juicy jimmies. If you deny them that with courage and determination, they will go back under their bridge. :D

Daystar Clarion:

How are you only just discovering this?

You're not that new to the internet, surely? :D

What he said. Seriously comparing these people to the hairy monkey people from 2001, like Yahtzee said in one of his reviews, would actually be extremely generous.

And no, Trolling them back would not solve anything. Trolls crave attention more than anything else, trolling them back only gives them what they want.

ForgottenPr0digy:

I had the audacity according to them for liking Halo or Call of Duty and other things that according to them are "gay".

What the f*** do these trolls play anyway?
People bitch about this and that but what are they actually playing? What golden standard of gaming do they indulge in and that we should all mourn the loss of?

Either way. Who gives a shit what people think. Play what you want to play

OP, this is meant as a word of warning, not an insult, but if you are upset at being called gay then you need to either get thicker skin or be very careful about what parts of the internet you browse.

This site you're safe on I think. The people here are quite pleasant usually.

Anyway, more to the topic, I've been called gay plenty of times on the internet. Whenever it happens, I remember that I have a girlfriend and have had sex recently and that the person on the other end is probably lonely and sad, then I chuckle, and at that point I move on to the next part of my day.

I think if someone calls me 'gay' I automatically want to pretend I am gay.

Seriously, if you haven't done this yet then you really should. It's hilariously awkward.
"YOU'RE GAY!"
"Actually, I am."
"HA! THOUGHT SO! ONLY GAY PEOPLE LIKE HALO!"
"Ah, so that's why I like Halo?"
"Uh, yeah!"
"Oh, okay."

It's like that one time someone shouted at me to 'get a haircut' when I was just about to open then door to the barbers.
"I am" I reply.
"Good!" He wanders off.

Well, if you are gonna believe the internet trolls, then you might as well ask your mother how she manages to get down and dirty with so many different men each and every night and why she seduces so many 12-year-olds.

(NOte: This is a transcript of some of the most popular slurs used by internet-"trolls", I am sure your mother is not actually doing any of those things.)

Calibanbutcher:
Well, if you are gonna believe the internet trolls, then you might as well ask your mother how she manages to get down and dirty with so many different men each and every night and why she seduces so many 12-year-olds.

(NOte: This is a transcript of some of the most popular slurs used by internet-"trolls", I am sure your mother is not actually doing any of those things.)

Holy hell, thanks for adding that note. For a while I thought maybe you just found some online Scientology personality test.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked