Apparently I'm gay according to the Internet trolls

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Some random pricks on YouTube who have no means of knowing who you are and what your preferences are, assume that you're gay?
Seems legit, I guess you're gay then.

Apparently people are constantly out to rape my mother and I'm a dick sucking pedophile who should commit suicide before some person (who's apparently the top sniper in the US Army) comes over to do it themself!
Can't argue with the supposed infinite wisdom of the internet

Waitwaitwait...

So if you play Halo or Cod, you are guaranteed lots of hot gay sex?

They should totally put that sort of stuff in the ads.

thaluikhain:
Waitwaitwait...

You'd think that Halo and COD would be a pretty big hit amongst the LGBTQ community, then!

OT: OP, according to your profile you are 23 years old, so I can assume you've been on the internet for at least 5 years. Don't take the trolls so seriously and just shrug them off.

AngelOfBlueRoses:

thaluikhain:
Waitwaitwait...

You'd think that Halo and COD would be a pretty big hit amongst the LGBTQ community, then!

Well, the stereotypical gamer is a guy who can't get a girlfriend...makes sense.

I get that people are immature in that regards when it comes to internet arguments... But what I just don't understand is how it's impossible (literally) for any two people on the internet to ever say "I hear your opinion and I understand your reasoning, however I prefer X instead of Y". It just never happens.

My theory is that it's just that rare to find people who lack the arrogance to respect other peoples opinions that the vast majority of people need to ALWAYS try and impose their opinions upon others, and at this point I'm not just talking about the internet.

remember when you were a kid and everything both neutral or strait was considered guy by that one prick that you went to school with. the internet is kind of like a giant version of him. over dramatic dickweeds who see everything everyone else does as gay because their afraid of their actual sexuality. that might sound cheap but it's true. when people bullies others by calling them gay. they are trying to cover over the fact that they themselves are gay, and is doing this to convince themselves they aren't.

you're gonna wanna punch 90% of the Internet's population in the face after a long day of browsing

Don't internet trolls come up with amazing facts about rapists and paedophiles all the time though? Isn't being gay almost complimentary in the scale of troll insults?

Yep. Looks like my work here is done. Thanks escapist.

Daystar Clarion:

How are you only just discovering this?

You're not that new to the internet, surely? :D

Youtube comments have been scientifically proven to lower the IQ of any reader by at least eleventy thousand.

Only eleventy thousand? I'd heard it was more like a billion.

Seriously, have you seen some of those comments?!

Trolls thinking something's gay just to troll people? NO FUCKIN' WAY!

Seriously...why does the OP speak of this as though it's some revelation to be shared with the masses? As though the rest of the internet doesn't know what a troll is?

ForgottenPr0digy:
Trying to ignore trolls work at times but sooner or later we all reach a boiling point. How should we start dealing with them maybe we should act just like them and give them a taste of their own medicine just like gamers did with that one chick from Fox News Mass effect story.

No, you ignore them. You don't dignify anything they say with a comment. Trolls depend on one thing for sustinance: the ego of the person they're trolling to override their rational thought, thus prompting them to get into a furious argument over absolutely nothing while the troll just sits there laughing at your rage.

There's a reason that one of the rules of the internet is "Don't feed the trolls". ANYTHING you say to them will be used as food and they'll just troll you even harder. So you just ignore them and report them when they break forum rules (as more often than not they will at some point) and that's about it. How is it that you don't already know this?

Why is this even a thread? Everyone who has had direct exposure to the internet is gay, and the troll has had some sort of sexual relationship with your mother, and they know where you live and will come round with their gang and their illegal guns, and the more boring ones telling you that you should just kill yourself right now because you will never get a girlfriend. Though surely if you're a gay man you don't want a girlfriend anyway. I don't know, I don't think it's logic as we know it.

There are probably more, but these are the ones I've seen or been told recently. Just, I dunno, tell them you have a space ship and you're going to order an orbital bombardment of their mum because she can be seen from space. Or just ignore them is probably the better option, it's not gentlemanly to involve mothers.

Owyn_Merrilin:
I can actually top this. According to our very own Xanthious, all bronies (which includes me, if you take the term to mean anyone who enjoys the show, as opposed to just the ones who are way into the fan community) are pedophiles, just because they like a cartoon. And this is on The Escapist, not Youtube. When you understand how something /that/ ridiculous can pass on a heavily moderated site, you'll understand how calling people "gay" can pass on a hive of scum and villainy like the youtube comments section.

I consider myself a Brony, yet I am not "way" into the community other than the music they make (seriously, some of it is top-notch stuff). Also, I thought Xanthious was banned years ago?

OT:

It is Youtube, occasionally in the deepest recesses you MAY find one or two non-assholes, but that is very, very rare.

Owyn_Merrilin:
I can actually top this. According to our very own Xanthious, all bronies (which includes me, if you take the term to mean anyone who enjoys the show, as opposed to just the ones who are way into the fan community) are pedophiles, just because they like a cartoon. And this is on The Escapist, not Youtube. When you understand how something /that/ ridiculous can pass on a heavily moderated site, you'll understand how calling people "gay" can pass on a hive of scum and villainy like the youtube comments section.

Have you seen any of his other posts in R&P? Because he's also pretty much admitted to hating poor people.

Additionally, he thinks that gay people in the US aren't being discriminated against because they can get married to the opposite sex just like anyone else.

Meaning of Karma:

Owyn_Merrilin:

Have you seen any of his other posts in R&P? Because he's also pretty much admitted to hating poor people.

Additionally, he thinks that gay people in the US aren't being discriminated against because they can get married to the opposite sex just like anyone else.

I don't spend much time on R&P, but pretty much every time I've checked in for the last few months, I've noticed that there's at least one thread where he's managed to piss off nearly everyone in it. Considering it's R&P, that takes some doing.

Didn't know about hating poor people and the gay discrimination denial, but it's hardly out of character.

Daystar Clarion:

How are you only just discovering this?

You're not that new to the internet, surely? :D

Youtube comments have been scientifically proven to lower the IQ of any reader by at least eleventy thousand.

Exactly what I thought. The Escapist got some kind of don't be a dick policy, but people are still complaining about games they don't like and wish people would stop buying them.

Now moving to Youtube we've got the dumbest comments you can imagine. People arguing politics in countries they have never heard of in the comment section of the intro song to an anime. People thinking they know something which is completely wrong and call people ignorant for not agreeing. I was accused for comparing Christians to terrorists because I said that Christianity isn't as an idea that different than Islam. The moment things like this start to bother me is the moment I should get the fuck off the internet and stay in my own fortress of solitude.

ForgottenPr0digy:
According to youtube,game forums or twitter trolls I'm gay for liking things they apparently don't like or hate. According to them I must suck more dick than a gay guy at a gay club on Friday night.

I had the audacity according to them for liking Halo or Call of Duty and other things that according to them are "gay".

It seems like trying to have civil discussion on those two games turns people into raging animals and they hurl insults and poo at each other.

"halo 4 more like gaylo 4"
"call of duty LOL same shit every year"

Or the ps3 vs xbox 360 debate makes all the trolls just come out.

"LOL ps3 got hacked"
"gaybox 360"

All of this shit reminds me of gamespot's "Feedbackula" were they read all the most insane/moronic comments on youtube.

And if I was gay would I be on top or bottom? If this furry speak would I be more of a tiger or a bunny? Trying to ignore trolls work at times but sooner or later we all reach a boiling point. How should we start dealing with them maybe we should act just like them and give them a taste of their own medicine just like gamers did with that one chick from Fox News Mass effect story.

(ps no offense to the gay community here on the escapist and rest of the internet)

According to the internet, the world is 90% gay. This makes me feem good, because straights are the minority and now the shoe is on the other foot! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Macgyvercas:

Only eleventy thousand? I'd heard it was more like a billion.

My IQ must be around 1 billion and 80 then, because I can still manage at least half-intelligent posts. >.>

Just let them have there little rage, i find it funny to watch myself

Owyn_Merrilin:
I think he may have gotten some kind of warning by the end of the thread, although if he did it took a while, because I remember myself and other people in the thread defending bronies against him for pages, mainly because that's the kind of accusation that you /really/ can't just ignore and wait for it to blow over.

...really?
You honestly felt you needed to jump into such troll baiting? >.> ((more over, to continue with it for whole pages of replies :X))

It's a little known secret but what would have made for a much stronger message is If they had posted it and then literally no one replied at all. It sucks that people can't restrain themselves XD the implied facepalm of simply being completely ignored is a great tool for calling out stupidity, that almost never sees any use.

Probably even more powerful than spiteful laughter can be, and i tell you laughing at someone whose trying to have a go at you can be pretty potent stuff. (though doesn't translate so well to forum comments and the like I wouldn't think)

-----------
@ OP: did you start cracking lewd 'your dad' jokes involving you and their fathers?

The internet is a weird place.
if you take their word, the world will be filled with gays, and pedophiles and hentais and other crazy people. It amplifies everything.

At least they bother replying to you. I usually get ignored.
Heck, I even had the mods warn me for not making meaningful posts.

Online, everyone is gay.

Doesn't matter if you enjoy games like CoD or support companies like Valve.
Anything you like that some random person online doesn't makes you a homosexual.

This should make you feel bad because being gay is a bad thing for ignorant reasons.

Never care about anything said on the net. It is full of people not allowed to open their trap elsewhere. For good reasons to.

CAPTCHA!
well isn't that special

Is this seriously anything to get upset about on the internet these days? Gay hardly even has any impact anymore, I don't know anyone that actually finds it offensive (the one guy that DID hate when anyone called him gay turned out to be gay himself, what a shock...) anymore. Maybe in your earlier school years, but now? On the internet? In this day and age? Huh...

If you have fun playing what you play, why do you care what other people think?! I draw and enjoy furries a whole lot, and I really do not care what people think of me for doing that. If I did, I couldn't spend any time on ANY part of the internet it seems. Even sites dedicated to furry gets anti-furry people on them saying angry and stupid things to vent their fustration of knowing their penis will never know the feeling of a female counterpart.

SaneAmongInsane:
And nothing offensive about being call gay. Gays are good people, they're very clean.

Huh... Thats very generalizing X3.

Some_weirdGuy:

Owyn_Merrilin:
I think he may have gotten some kind of warning by the end of the thread, although if he did it took a while, because I remember myself and other people in the thread defending bronies against him for pages, mainly because that's the kind of accusation that you /really/ can't just ignore and wait for it to blow over.

...really?
You honestly felt you needed to jump into such troll baiting? >.> ((more over, to continue with it for whole pages of replies :X))

It's a little known secret but what would have made for a much stronger message is If they had posted it and then literally no one replied at all. It sucks that people can't restrain themselves XD the implied facepalm of simply being completely ignored is a great tool for calling out stupidity, that almost never sees any use.

Probably even more powerful than spiteful laughter can be, and i tell you laughing at someone whose trying to have a go at you can be pretty potent stuff. (though doesn't translate so well to forum comments and the like I wouldn't think)

-----------
@ OP: did you start cracking lewd 'your dad' jokes involving you and their fathers?

See, people say the best defense against trolls is to just ignore them, but in my experience the best defense is to make sure everyone in whatever forum they hang out in /knows/ they're a troll, and then viciously making fun of and ostracizing them. Just silently ignoring them doesn't work, because someone /always/ takes them seriously if you do that. Granted, the former is against the rules on The Escapist, but nothing's perfect, is it?

Edit: To clarify, the reason trolls exist on the internet is the lack of the kind of social punishments they'd get for acting that way in real life -- which range from ostracism to a knuckle sandwich. Allowing people to call trolls what they are brings some of those consequences for being a dick over to the internet, and that can only be a good thing.

Playful Pony:

SaneAmongInsane:
And nothing offensive about being call gay. Gays are good people, they're very clean.

They got their cleanliness from their French ancestors, obviously, so how is that generalizing?

Solo-Wing:
Here is good proof that the people that make Youtube comments are generally not vary smart people.
Here is a video of a guy making fun of them.

*snrk*

I'm not sure I should be laughing at this as much as I am, it's just spelling mistakes and stupid voices, but...it feels appropriate for youtube comments.

And just think; A new generation of consoles is just around the corner. *sigh*

Lopende Paddo:

ForgottenPr0digy:
snip

this should solve your problem
http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/herpderp-replaces-youtube-comments-with-herp-derp/

Thank you SO much! *hug* I needed this.

Trolls like to troll.

This is news?

Playful Pony:
Is this seriously anything to get upset about on the internet these days? Gay hardly even has any impact anymore, I don't know anyone that actually finds it offensive (the one guy that DID hate when anyone called him gay turned out to be gay himself, what a shock...) anymore. Maybe in your earlier school years, but now? On the internet? In this day and age? Huh...

If you have fun playing what you play, why do you care what other people think?! I draw and enjoy furries a whole lot, and I really do not care what people think of me for doing that. If I did, I couldn't spend any time on ANY part of the internet it seems. Even sites dedicated to furry gets anti-furry people on them saying angry and stupid things to vent their fustration of knowing their penis will never know the feeling of a female counterpart.

SaneAmongInsane:

Risingblade:

SaneAmongInsane:

That's a stereotype, don't generalize man it's wrong!

Nonsense! I will continue to insist those of the rainbow armada have good hygiene and there is nothing you can do to stop me! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Owyn_Merrilin:

TopazFusion:

Owyn_Merrilin:
You mean I can finally call him a troll? Happy day!

(One of the few warnings I've gotten since joining was for calling a blatant troll a troll. Apparently calling someone a troll counts as flaming.)

Yeah, and although he blatantly baited people into getting mod wrath, he never seemed to get any himself.

Also, I remember that brony thread where he said those things. Unfortunately I can't find it (as with almost every brony thread, it's been sunk, locked, or deleted).

Anyway, he talks about some of the mod wrath he's received here.
In his words - "saying less than kind things about bronies".

That post below it is brilliant:

Agema:
Being trolled or seeing someone be trolled and want to call it out? Perhaps it might be acceptable to say:

Template objection to trolling:
Having read [insert name]'s comment, in my humble, subjective opinion that I wish to be considered in no way a definite statement of objective reality or personal belief, there are reasonable concerns to think it might potentially be an example of posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Although maybe we could have a mod confirm whether this would be okay.

So true. I've never liked that rule on any forum, for exactly the reason that that template looks so silly. I love how on Gamefaqs, as on Usenet before it, if a known troll shows up in a thread, people straight up say "(troll's name) thread, nothing to see here." When you're allowed to do that, the responses dry up a lot quicker than if you're just expected to report and move on, due to new users not aware of the troll, if for no other reason.

Edit: And I clicked post too soon. "Less than kind things about bronies" has to be the understatement of the century. That is one thing about The Escapist, though -- the rules are set up in such a way that long term trolls have to walk a /very/ fine line to avoid getting banned, something that takes a certain measure of intelligence.

I know how you feel. There's this one guy who keeps saying stuff like "all people who are of Japanese descent should be killed" anyone who called him a troll or a racist got a warning cause he bothers the mods so much about it. Apparently he's on suspension for threatening one of my friends on here's wife.

ForgottenPr0digy:

Daystar Clarion:

but at the same time reading youtube comments is so hilarious it makes me sides hurt.

Oh god go read the ones about religion on Billy Connolly clips they're absolutely hilarious stuff.

OT: Meh, internet annonymity makes people dickheads. That said when they call me gay I flirt with them, shuts them the fuck up.

SaneAmongInsane:
Nonsense! I will continue to insist those of the rainbow armada have good hygiene and there is nothing you can do to stop me! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Damnit, foiled by free will once again! I guess I'll just have to take over the world and enforce a set of extremely restrictive rules on social behavior. Easy enough, I'll just distract everyone by licking my own nipple as I do it. Seemed to work on my latest partner!

Playful Pony:

SaneAmongInsane:

Damnit, foiled by free will once again! I guess I'll just have to take over the world and enforce a set of extremely restrictive rules on social behavior. Easy enough, I'll just distract everyone by licking my own nipple as I do it. Seemed to work on my latest partner!

...And that was the piece of the puzzle Hitler was missing in his quest for world domination.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked