I Just Got a Sock in the Mail...and I'm THRILLED!

Specifically, I got a genuine Mr. Socko, made and autographed by none other than wrestling legend Mick Foley, who uses them as a gag (in every sense of the word) weapon. As an enthusiastic Mick Foley fan, this makes me very happy. But even so, I'm somewhat amused by the realization that I'm so happy about receiving what is literally just an old white sock that got scribbled on by a beat up guy who doesn't even know my name.

So! What items do you possess that are valuable due to some kind of connection to a celebrity or famous event or something similar, but would otherwise have no intrinsic and/or practical value?

I have drumsticks that I caught at festivals, one from I Was a Cub Scout and one from The Morning After, I wasn't even in the pit for that one, the drummer just kinda hurled it at me.

I also have confetti from being right at the front of Greendays headlining set at Distortion 2002 in which I ended up with bruising on my ribs, which has now faded.

None of which is worth very much but it has sentimental value to me.

I found several newspapers from a flea market with headlines relating to the Nixon scandal and the Axis invasion of Norway during 1939. Also, I've got a golden Thomas the Tank Engine die-cast train, probably from some anniversary of the franchise before I was 10 years old.

CAPTCHA: Pie are round. So they are.

TakerFoxx:
Specifically, I got a genuine Mr. Socko, made and autographed by none other than wrestling legend Mick Foley, who uses them as a gag (in every sense of the word) weapon. As an enthusiastic Mick Foley fan, this makes me very happy. But even so, I'm somewhat amused by the realization that I'm so happy about receiving what is literally just an old white sock that got scribbled on by a beat up guy who doesn't even know my name.

So! What items do you possess that are valuable due to some kind of connection to a celebrity or famous event or something similar, but would otherwise have no intrinsic and/or practical value?

He's selling them now?!

I have picks from seeing Gallows and Cancer Bats, and a Testament ticket signed by Christopher Bowes of Alestorm. We met him in the queue to get in, he's a top chap.

SaneAmongInsane:
He's selling them now?!

Nah, I got it from an Ebay company that specializes in sports related memorabilia.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked