What makes Transformers special...

...to you?

No, seriously. Come on in and share fond memories of robots in disguise.

For my part, I never really got into the original Transformers. I didn't have the opportunity. Y'know, living in the hills, four channels, parents that didn't like cartoons other than Looney Tunes, etc.

I got into Beast Wars and Beast Machines when I finally got my own TV in my own room (around middle school age). Those were fun. Really that was it. The cartoons were just pure fun. Beast Wars had a great cast, and I was utterly enthralled by the transmetals when they were revealed. They were the most badass thing ever!

Beast Machines actually helped me develop a feel for a deep narrative within a rather over-the-top setting. That show was hard to follow, though.

So... many... twists...

I just think Robots that turn into cars are really cool

Robot aliens that turn into animals..or cars...ehh.

I was a beast wars kid, so animals.

It was special because I liked velociraptors and Dinobot was a velociraptor. Seeing robots turning into animals and duking it out was immensely satisfying. I remember a father figure telling me about an older version that they turned into cars and I was like...cars instead of a velociraptor? Nope.

And then Shia Lebouf happened and I saw that which was lots of fun. Cars didn't seem so bad, and then they made a sequal and lets just say I wish I actually had '21 guns' while I was in the theatre.

What was this about, why was transformers special to me? I was more of a Ninja Turtle person, but like I said Dinobot.

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.
- Dinobot

I grew up around them both and I just remember playing with the toys out in the school yard with my friends... it was a simpler time.

Rose and Thorn:
Robot aliens that turn into animals..or cars...ehh.

I was a beast wars kid, so animals.

It was special because I liked velociraptors and Dinobot was a velociraptor. Seeing robots turning into animals and duking it out was immensely satisfying. I remember a father figure telling me about an older version that they turned into cars and I was like...cars instead of a velociraptor? Nope.

And then Shia Lebouf happened and I saw that which was lots of fun. Cars didn't seem so bad, and then they made a sequal and lets just say I wish I actually had '21 guns' while I was in the theatre.

What was this about, why was transformers special to me? I was more of a Ninja Turtle person, but like I said Dinobot.

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.
- Dinobot

Yes! Dinobot was such a fun character! An old-fashioned stick-in-the-mud, but reliable as anything.

Nothing. I never really got into the Transformers thing. :(

Becuase I love the fact that I got two toys in one!
Well it also the fact it was one of the cartoons I watched when I was growing up (born in 1987) and you all know what it like to be inspired or amire characters from a show (a hero to look up to).

the "special" people who think these movies are perfect.

Simple times, alien robots changing into vehicles.
The premise is weird and awesome for kids.

The toys were decent and even better nowadays.
You have a robot, vehicle and a puzzle, three toys in one.
And well...Optimus is pretty epic.

But alas, i was also more of a Ninja Turtle guy.
Also, a very, very weird premise.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked