Am I wrong to do this?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

SkarKrow:
Fuck I hate teenage-me, if ever a time machine was needed I'd go back and beat myself down.

When you're done with that time machine, can I borrow it for a sec?
If I can just remember the first time teenage me picked up that pack of cigarettes, I can save myself several thousand dollars and add a few years back to my life...

I_am_a_Spoon:
If I were her parents I'd be more than a little sceptical and uncomfortable about this. Not saying that you're in the wrong or anything, but they'll probably think you're trying to take advantage of her.

And who knows? Even if you have honourable intentions she might not. :P

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. If I were her parents, I'd be going "no way. period." Is it illegal? No. Do I think RL meetups from online chats are asking for trouble. Yes.

Not saying either of you are looking for trouble, but really, I don't think I'd follow through on this one, dude. This is not a chance you want to be taking.

At 19, you don't want to make a mistake that could cause you (rightly or wrongly) to have to get permission from the police to move to a new house

For the rest of your life.

frizzlebyte:

I_am_a_Spoon:
If I were her parents I'd be more than a little sceptical and uncomfortable about this. Not saying that you're in the wrong or anything, but they'll probably think you're trying to take advantage of her.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. If I were her parents, I'd be going "no way. period." Is it illegal? No. Do I think RL meetups from online chats are asking for trouble. Yes.

Not saying either of you are looking for trouble, but really, I don't think I'd follow through on this one, dude. This is not a chance you want to be taking.

At 19, you don't want to make a mistake that could cause you (rightly or wrongly) to have to get permission from the police to move to a new house

Edit:
Sorry done derped and hit the wrong quote button here, apologies to anyone involved in my inability to aim a mouse pointer!

BanicRhys:
Okay, I wrote this post and it was way too long, so here's the abridged version.

I'm a 19 year old male.
I became friends with a girl on a certain MMO early this year.
She's 14 years old.
We haven't really video chatted or anything, just email, in game chat and the occasional Ventrilo session.
Recently, she's stated that she wants to meet me in real life for the first time by seeing a movie with me.

Let me make this clear, I am not asking if I should date her. I simply want to know if it would be wrong/weird/illegal (somehow) to be friends with her.

Meeting chicks from online games can be really weird sometimes, but I've found a few that turned out to be pretty hawt and promptly fucked the daylights out of them. That's the only reason I've ever met broads from an MMO in real life, period.

Fourteen, and going to a movie...idk, that sounds like a date to me, and I would exercise EXTREME caution in going to date-like settings with girls that age.

Weird? Sort of. Wrong? No. Illegal? Not in the slightest. Make sure all parties involved know things are strictly platonic.

That being said, maybe going to a movie is a bad idea. That just screams "DANGER!" to me. I'd suggest doing something else. Something a little more public. If she/you are really intent on a movie, invite some friends, or allow to parents to come along. That way, even if she tries something, you have witnesses to say that you didn't do anything. Also, it means that if she tries to get vindictive, and says you came onto her, you have a means of protecting yourself.

If you were any older, I'd say don't do it, but I think that 5 years is okay.

Probably not a good idea. Unless it's in a big meet-up or convention, you're kind of asking for trouble. Keep the friendship online, keep yourself safe from accusations that could ruin your life forever.

Despite what people are writing here, it all just depends on where you live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent#By_country_or_region

Look up your country. There are lots of countries where 19-year-olds can have sex with 14-year-old legally. Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, for example.

SkarKrow:

frizzlebyte:

I_am_a_Spoon:

Sure. I'll be doing the same, stopping myself from going out with my first boyfriend, stopping myself from drinking so fucking much and becoming an alchoholic and so on so yeah sure, hell come with me, make it a space-time trip thing...

EDIT: Removing mis-directed snark due to SkarKrow's self-admitted derp derp moment. :p

frizzlebyte:

SkarKrow:

frizzlebyte:

Sure. I'll be doing the same, stopping myself from going out with my first boyfriend, stopping myself from drinking so fucking much and becoming an alchoholic and so on so yeah sure, hell come with me, make it a space-time trip thing...

Not sure all the sarcasm was necessary just to make the perfectly valid point that some risks are worth taking.

Wait.. what?

Oh sugar sorry, I didn't mean to quote you was having a slightly off-topic time travel tangent with somebody and hit the quote button on your post.

My apologies, I've been doing it since the last interface update on here, the comment was not meant to be for you.

I shall hence edit the post.

Dark_Reaction:

SkarKrow:
Fuck I hate teenage-me, if ever a time machine was needed I'd go back and beat myself down.

If I can just remember the first time teenage me picked up that pack of cigarettes, I can save myself several thousand dollars and add a few years back to my life...

I done derped and replied to you quoting the wrong person : D

This was for you:

"Sure. I'll be doing the same, stopping myself from going out with my first boyfriend, stopping myself from drinking so fucking much and becoming an alchoholic and so on so yeah sure, hell come with me, make it a space-time trip thing..."

I've been making that fuck up ever since the UI restructuring a few months back.

Maybe that's why I seem to be so unpopular lately, just quoting the wrong people and getting "Um, what the fuck are you talking about?".

MeChaNiZ3D:

Megacherv:

Zantos:

Is that a real rule? Is that why Youtube comments are so horrible, because the people leaving the comments have no choice? That explains a lot.

Also it was World of Sexcraft, where grinding means a different thing that no one complains about. I don't know if it is a real thing, I am also not willing to type that into Google.

Surely it would be called 'World of Whorecraft'...

Or...Whoreld of Whorecraft...!

Or Whore of WhoreWhore...Whore...

A 19 year old convincing a 14 year old that he met online that she should tell her parents about him and that they should meet up sometime is kinda weird imo; shit is getting a little too serious. If you want to be friends why can't it just be an online thing? That's less weird.

hazabaza1:
That just seems like it'll look really sketchy man.
Keep it to skype and such for now I say.

Yeah, that's pretty much what we've agreed to do, at least until she's 16 (the age of consent in my state) so she can't really get me in trouble should she choose to.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

SkarKrow:

frizzlebyte:

SkarKrow:

Not sure all the sarcasm was necessary just to make the perfectly valid point that some risks are worth taking.

Wait.. what?

Oh sugar sorry, I didn't mean to quote you was having a slightly off-topic time travel tangent with somebody and hit the quote button on your post.

My apologies, I've been doing it since the last interface update on here, the comment was not meant to be for you.

I'm laughing so hard right now! :P

The awesome part of it is how perfectly your post fits with mine. That does explain the time-travel bit, though. I thought it was just some weird sarcasm thing you had going on.

BanicRhys:

hazabaza1:
That just seems like it'll look really sketchy man.
Keep it to skype and such for now I say.

Yeah, that's pretty much what we've agreed to do, at least until she's 16 (the age of consent in my state) so she can't really get me in trouble should she choose to.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Just because she is above the age of consent does not mean she can't get you in trouble it just means you can't get stachatory rape charges, in lots of states you can still get in trouble with corruption of youth or contributing to the delinquency of a minor laws if her parents don't like what you are doing so be very careful about what you do until she is 18.
Also, until sher turns 18 never cross state lines with her, different states have different laws and in some states crossing state lines with a minor without parental permission can get you in big trouble and even if her parents give you permission, if they decide that they don't like you they can say that they did not give permission.

Dark_Reaction:

SkarKrow:

After everyone else is done trying to convince teenage them selves not to be stupid(which probably wont work because teenage you will think your just another dumb adult) can I have it I would like to give teenage me some stock/commodities charts.

Atrocious Joystick:
I would not hesitate to beat the ever living shit out of a 19 year old guy who came to pick her up. And I'm not a violent person.

Last statement contradicts first statement.

And frankly, the fact that this thread exists at all shows how insanely prudish Americans are. Where I live, 14 = legal.

Just putting in my two cents here:
I wouldn't expect any sort of lasting relationship out of this (Platonic or romantic) as teenage girls; even up to 18/19 are still developing mentally. I dated a 19 year old a little while ago (Being 25) and I couldn't handle her poor attempts at logic, and poorly conceived ideas. Just remember: The priorities of a teenage girl vs you are going to be MONUMENTALLY different.
If you can handle this, then you are a stronger man then I ever was.

So, I work with sex offenders as my day job. Most of them are nice guys who ended up making a poor decision with someone underage. Let me break down how these fine gentlemen got caught up in... THE OFFENSE CHAAAAAAAAAIN

1) The seemingly unimportant decision. In this step, you make a poor choice which seems perfectly innocent. The poor choice puts you in a situation of being in danger of doing something illegal. In this case, it would be choosing to hang out with your friend, while saying you're nothing is going to happen.

2) The temptation to offend. In this step, you are tempted to commit the illegal act. She's well spoken and gives you an intellectual boner? Well she's probably also young and innocent enough to give you a real boner. (This may not happen, but if it does, you're now in danger of..."

3) Rationalizing. You minimize the harm that sex with a minor would do, or make excuses, or think up convincing lies if questioned... and convince yourself that the illegal act would be a good idea. See rationalizations for more details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(making_excuses)#See_also.

4) Giving in. What I like to call the "fuck-its," you decide to go through with the act. You have amazing sex with an assenting and attractive partner.

5) "Oh shit, I'm going to jail." Congratulations! You're now a registered sex offender! I'll be seeing you in my group therapy sessions, where you can learn the difference between an assenting partner and a consenting partner.

TL;DR:

If you think you're going to be tempted to have sex with her, end everything immediately and never look back.

frizzlebyte:

SkarKrow:

frizzlebyte:

Wait.. what?

I'm laughing so hard right now! :P

The awesome part of it is how perfectly your post fits with mine. That does explain the time-travel bit, though. I thought it was just some weird sarcasm thing you had going on.

Nope just massive derping on my part :D it doesn't help that I've been getting up at 4am all week either. God damn I'm a moron sometimes!

Time travel I would undo so very much. I'd also go back to Roman times with a small band of heavily equipped soldiers and a tank....

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked