36.8% (145)
Inside my ethnicity as a female
5.1% (20)
5.1% (20)
Outside my ethnicity as a female
4.6% (18)
4.6% (18)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Dating inside or outside your Ethnicity/Race?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

I don't give two shits about my, yours, or anyone's ethnicity, and neither should you. I was also lucky to have my genes clash together in such a way that it's completely impossible for others to successfully guess what my own ethnic makeup is, so at best, people can only make assumptions about me based on what they think it is, and I and my sibling also grew up as the black sheep of the family because of our mother seeing what the grass was like on the other side, and we never once were treated in such a way that our skin color was ever something we were made to think about. I've been truly fortunate to grow up where ethnicity and race where never forced on me as part of who I am or a way I was obligated to think, act, or indeed, pursue relationships based on.

I've actually been in a relationship of three years with someone whose racial makeup is quite different from mine - something I didn't even realize until your own focus on sanctioned racism gave me pause, by the way - and it's been a total non-factor except to make racist comments at one another for our mutual amusement. I never feel anything is off or doesn't fit with them, and the only issue I do have is that their family is, as is that ethnicity's wont, extremely gregarious and family-oriented, while I personally am much more solitary and dislike large groups of people, and the noise they tend to produce. Amusingly, though, even my better half has become more appreciative of a quiet, intimate setting after their time with me, and occasionally finds themselves irritated and exhausted by their family's bustle, and eager to come home to the stability and peace my lifestyle has introduced to their own.

Variety is the spice of life, they say, and I'd rather enjoy our differences - some in more measured doses than others, admittedly - than focus on petty and superficial things such as skin color and race.

I live in Israel. This place is a melting pot of ethnicities and cultures. It's hard to avoid doing that.

chadachada123:
I mean, I DO tend to prefer women outside my ethnicity, but I wouldn't say that it's a conscious effort, really.

Actually, scratch that, I have a serious preference for Arab/Mediterranean women compared to your standard "white" woman. No point in lying to myself. Even Scottish/Irish women are generally far more attractive to me than your strictly-"average" white woman, ignoring the fact that I'm about 1/4 combined Irish and Scottish. Or maybe it's the foreign factor that makes anything that isn't average-American way more appealing to me...

This basically sums me up here. A nice, buxom Scottish girl beats out basically any other white girl every day of the week. But I've certainly got a soft spot for your Eastern Mediterranean, Persian ladies too.

But if we're all totally honest with ourselves, it has less to do with what categories we would group a person into and more to do with how attractive the particular person is. There are plenty of perfectly plain Scottish women and a fair few really gorgeous women of any arbitrarily decided grouping of humans. And I know plenty of people who married and grew old with spouses who are absolutely nothing like their ideal partner; so I think the whole argument is basically moot in the end.

Lyri:
Oh come on, nobody is going to post about keeping their bloodline pure?

Disappointed in this thread already.

I'm a ginger, we're a little more concerned with just keeping our genetic mutation alive. It doesn't matter whether it's pure, just that the recessive gene becomes sufficiently common somewhere down the line that we resurface to rule your pathetic planet.

Purity is overrated anyways.

disgruntledgamer:

ObsidianJones:
I would love to make a list. Of people who say that while they don't mind people from other races, and will even form friendships of people with other races... but will not date outside their race.

Only because I'd like to compare their names to those who respond to the threads about other ethnicities saying they wish there was something else to play than just white male. I want to see how many say 'Race shouldn't be a big deal' there, and then say 'Only in my race' here.

Also, I can not vote because the 'It doesn't matter to me' option isn't available.

Sexual preference don't make you raciest and I'd like to point out that the poll isn't "Do you prefer to date inside or outside your Ethnicity/Race as a white person" Look back and read not only are there people posting that don't date outside their ethnicity/race, but some say they won't ever even consider dating inside their ethnicity/race, what does that tell you? FYI they're not white.

If you'd like to point out where I said the word racist, I'll continue this line of conversation.

I've had a greater number of happy relationships outside my ethnicity, though that's probably purely incidental. It doesn't really matter to me what ethnicity my partner is.

I don't attract many women, so when one finally comes along and shows interest in me, I don't discriminate.

Is she friendly? Yes.
Is she somewhat intelligent? Yes.
Is she a slob? No.
Is she a reasonable person? Yes.

We've got a date.

Personally don't care lot but given the choices I say outside.
I like dark hair and round faces some what girls be lacking.
Also like brown skin. Kinda have a latin american thing (but not limited to that)

I could say I would prefer to date outside of my ethnicity. And I might even say I would find it weird if others felt like they couldn't. To me the whole mystery of a different culture and getting over the obstacles that may carry attracts to wanting to date outside of my known culture. As well I can say I find most other ethnicities fairly attractive due to the fact they don't share the same physical elements of what I am used to seeing, hence making them more attractive.

I don't think it would matter. Although I've mostly dated girls of European descent and Australian upbringing (at least having grown up here even if raised by parents from another culture).

I appear to have a type but I don't really consider my "ethnicity or race" when I like someone.

I also live in (and have lived in) pretty "white" areas which tend to be populated by European ex-pats or their descendants.

I usually date outside my ethnicity. Mostly because skin colour isn't a factor to my dating life.

Being an Asian/Euro mix, I guess it just leaves it a bit more open for me? And sorry if someone has mentioned it before, but your poll *really* needs a "don't give a shit about ethnicity option". There are beautiful, smart and caring girls in every ethnicity, by limiting yourself to really discovering someone because of their race, well it's your loss really. I was just happy to keep my options open (happily married now though). For those who may not be that keen, I will just say one thing: Give it a try! While you're young and single, there's nothing better than being informed.

You may never know what you're missing, and you may be very pleasantly surprised.

disgruntledgamer:

dfphetteplace:
I don't really care. If I liked someone, I would date/marry if it went that far, regardless of all else. If I get along with them, then I see no issue with it. I am white, and my wife is white, but that is just the way it worked out. I see nothing wrong with dating someone different than myself.

Than pretend you don't know them than make a preference.

Regardless, I don't care. It does not enter my thoughts that if someone is from somewhere else, or has a different color skin, that I couldn't be with them.

dfphetteplace:

disgruntledgamer:

dfphetteplace:
I don't really care. If I liked someone, I would date/marry if it went that far, regardless of all else. If I get along with them, then I see no issue with it. I am white, and my wife is white, but that is just the way it worked out. I see nothing wrong with dating someone different than myself.

Regardless, I don't care. It does not enter my thoughts that if someone is from somewhere else, or has a different color skin, that I couldn't be with them.

If it never enter your thoughts you wouldn't of clicked on the link or bother to post. Everyone has a preference, some more than others but everyone does.

disgruntledgamer:

dfphetteplace:

disgruntledgamer:

If it never enter your thoughts you wouldn't of clicked on the link or bother to post. Everyone has a preference, some more than others but everyone does.

Or I wanted to express my opinion, as that is what the thread is about. Being a poll and all, looking for peoples thoughts and opinions. That is my thought and opinion.

RamirezDoEverything:
I don't attract many women, so when one finally comes along and shows interest in me, I don't discriminate.

Is she friendly? Yes.
Is she somewhat intelligent? Yes.
Is she a slob? No.
Is she a reasonable person? Yes.

We've got a date.

>is she a reasonable person

Are you trying to tell me that you've never been on a date?

madwarper:
Where's the "Ethnicity doesn't affect dating habits" option?

Captcha: you good?
Yes, I am Captcha, thanks for asking.

My thoughts exactly. It doesnt matter now, as I am married, but before then the only thing that mattered to me was whether or not I was attracted to them. Ethnicity didnt matter to me, at all. I've dated asian girls, black girls, white girls.... heck, I think I even dated a liberal girl once. :)

disgruntledgamer:

dfphetteplace:

disgruntledgamer:

A preference? All that matters to me is that there is an attraction. As far as preference goes, I guess you could say I have a severe weak spot for asian girls, but that has nothing to do with my race or anything of that nature. I'm a white guy.

I'm unsure by what is meant by ethnicity. Is it to do with like skin colour, or area that someone is from?

If it's to do with skin colour, then I've been with someone of African descent, but the majority of my relationships and other things have been with white girls.

I'm currently with a Caucasian American, I myself am white British.

Yo OP, you missed the don't care option, I don't care, it's all in personality, and women who have a personality that is compatable with me are rare as fuck anyway, so if it happens to be someone from a different culture/country/"race" then so be it.

Any race is fine by me. Not trying to be politically corect or anything, just sayin' that there are attractive girls wherever you look.

My girlfriend has 12 different ethnicities in her, but she stands out as a light colored African American. I don't pay attention to race though, her personality is beyond what I could of ever hoped for. So caring, overly considerate, fun to be around, loves me for me, reaches out to me, Reyna ...... *daydreams*.

We have perfect chemistry and I for one, am so fortunate to have her in my life. I truly adore her so much.

Being a black male I have dated a white woman and I have dated a black woman I love all women why should I stay in my own group when there are so many different women in the world.

Ethnicity isn't something I care about. Typically, I don't encounter many women of other ethnicities, so i imagine I will end up with a girl of the same ethnicity, but that's more of a probability thing than an attraction thing.

I'll date anything but my ethnicity. Black American here.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked