I actually don't like the "permabanned" avatar swap

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Huh. The mods are a bit catty on this topic.

Anyway: Can't say it bothers me that much. In fact, a bit more avatar swapping for special threads/events might not go amiss.

It's a punishment you're not supposed to like it when it happens to you, though I will agree with anyone saying the chosen image is a little immature.

TimeLord:

DoPo:

TimeLord:
Huh... Seems someone has been playing around with the avatars in this thread....

Engage Default Response Pattern Alpha One: Blame Kross

Also blame Louis and paulgruberman

Oh my god, I laughed so hard, and I don't know who to attribute it to. I guess I'll just blame Kross out of principle, too.

> sees a thread complaining about changing avatars of banned people
> changes all avatars

Brilliant and damn funny at the same time! :D

That sounds like it could be a new meme! 'Scumbag Tech Team'? Or 'Lighthearted Tech Team' :P

I was thinking of "Good Guy Tech Team", but I guess "Lighthearted" works too :P

DoPo:

TimeLord:

DoPo:

Oh my god, I laughed so hard, and I don't know who to attribute it to. I guess I'll just blame Kross out of principle, too.

> sees a thread complaining about changing avatars of banned people
> changes all avatars

Brilliant and damn funny at the same time! :D

That sounds like it could be a new meme! 'Scumbag Tech Team'? Or 'Lighthearted Tech Team' :P

I was thinking of "Good Guy Tech Team", but I guess "Lighthearted" works too :P

I couldn't think of another term other than lighthearted so good guy works too!

What is with all the cat avatars...? TECH TEEEEAM!

I rarely even see that avatar >.> So I don't have an opinion on it.

Wait yes I do, it's hilarious :D

I get that people are personally attached to their avatars (Well not everyone) But once you're permabanned, are you really gonna come back just to stare at it?

Edit: Yes I thought up that whole post to get the grumpy cat avatar.

Well what's going on in...what the hell happened to me? Why am I a cat now?

The Great Purtabo:
What is with all the cat avatars...? TECH TEEEEAM!

I, for one, accept our new cat-vatar overlords.

NEVER MIND, I WANT MY OLD ONE BAAACK!! D':

What? Free angry kitty avatars! Where do I sign up?

OT: I'm pretty sure just having angry kitty with the word permabanned in big red letters would probably be an equally effective and more hilarious alternative to the current permabanned avatar.

Vegosiux:
I see a user avatar as a rather personal thing, an extension of one's forum personality, and it's rude to mess with that.

I sincerely hope you're joking here.

I'M SO CONFUSED AT THE KITTIES.

Humanity1:
What? Free angry kitty avatars! Where do I sign up?

OT: I'm pretty sure just having angry kitty with the word permabanned in big red letters would probably be an equally effective and more hilarious alternative to the current permabanned avatar.

Actually, I agree. I think Grumpy Cat saying Permabanned would be more amusing. Maybe 'shop in a monocle and top hat and have it be captioned "I say... you've been Permabanned!"

It's childish and unfunny to change their avatar. I really don't think it's a good idea.

Vegosiux:

SlaveNumber23:

Honestly, its not a big deal, it isn't necessary but its somewhat amusing and doesn't hurt or offend anyone.

Wanna bet on that? Gonna be the easiest money I'll ever make *grin*

Allow me to correct him for you then. It doesn't hurt or offend anyone we care about hurting or offending. If someone has been vile and vulgar enough to be permabanned, then who gives a shit if the added punishment of an avatar switch is rude? This isn't a playground where you wag your finger and say "shame shame". It's called a "punishment" for a reason. It is meant to punish someone. As in demean and humiliate them, and that's perfectly alright by me.

Well, I fibd theze stupid forced avatars annoyinh, first bieber and now some cat? Not cool thx

I am a cat.

(Yes, that's why I came into this thread.)

See, look what you did OP. You made the admins/mods very sad.

Grumpy Cat is awesome. I really don't care about the avatars of the banned.

KROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT: I just wish they wouldn't make the posts of the banned so hard to read, no need to darken it and punish everyone else in the process.

JediMB:
I am a cat.

(Yes, that's why I came into this thread.)

That's hilarious and eerily similar to doomsday arcade.

OT: I have to admit I go by avatars more than names, so when someone gets banned (and particularly when multiple people get banned in the same thread), it takes some extra time to tell them apart. I also enjoy looking up their other posts sometimes when the banned comment isn't enough on its own to merit the mighty hammer.

It wasn't until I got to the end of the first page that I realized the avatars were changed; I just thought the OP had that avatar and another user copied it to make a point about avatar identity and then they just had a really long discussion.

EDIT: Holy smokes, the avatars are only changed in this thread. I didn't realize they could do that; I was expecting it to inadvertently become day of the cat here.

I think that this video should be spread around to help people like you.

Here's a full cup :D

Whats with all the Cats?

KROOOOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just seems to be really immature, changing banned users avatars and then changing avatars of people who post in this thread. So I'm with the OP. It's just some gleeful mockery but it's a bit silly.

Not a huge problem.

Lyri:

Vegosiux:
I see a user avatar as a rather personal thing, an extension of one's forum personality, and it's rude to mess with that.

I sincerely hope you're joking here.

OOOOOH!!! *giggles and jumps up and down*

You going to do a psychological profile on me from your armchair? That stuff is always so interesting!

I'm on the fence about it, I think it's pretty funny for the majority of those who get banned (i.e. douches) but it kinda saddens me when I see it for one of the few who deserved another chance.

Loving the cat change by the way :-D

I was wondering why Tard was on all the avatars in this thread XD This is pretty funny and fitting, considering how most who has posted here comes off.

I've never even been put on probation or suspension here. Highest I've had is four greens. I don't really mind the banned avatar, could be something cooler and I'm not sure where it's from.

I'll be honest, I came here just to see myself with a cat avatar.

However, I really don't see the problem in having a little fun with accounts that won't be used anymore. If you're permabanned, it's not like you're going to come back here, so the admins might as well have some fun. I don't see the problem, then again I've never really seen that avatar before this thread, so...

It's basically a way to entirely remove the punished from the website, right? If the avatar wasn't banned, the person could just create a new account and display the same avatar, only an idiot would but still, perhaps in a crappy attempt to troll the admins. Although I do find changing all avatars, on a thread about an admin's decision, to be pretty sweet.

Everyone is cats!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHHHH!

meow

This thread went from 0 to awesome very quickly. Well done.

Scarim Coral:
One way or another I bet this new avatar swap will add fuel that to that Escapist hating website.

I'm curious, what Escapist hating site are you talking about?

Ironic mod response to the avatar change complaint.

Even the unbanned aren't safe. We have no power whatsoever.

*cowers*

I had an original avatar once, it was awful.

Escapist forum mods, I think I love you again.

Hail grumpy cat!

While I don't really care about the topic itself, isn't it kind of a dick move for a mod to just come in and stomp all over a guy's opinion (not an offensive opinion btw) so blatantly.

WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD HAVE THE SAME CAT AVATARS AM I BECOMING PARANOID AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

EDIT: OH GOD I HAVE THE SAME AVATAR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

EDIT #2: Okay, it's a thread-specific joke. This makes me a bit happier now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked